Going on a mission

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Going on a mission

Post by BroJones »

Felt an unusual nervousness earlier today - like something very bad is going to happen out here in the East.

Tomorrow is the huge Gay Pride Parade in NYCity - could that be it? I will NOT be going anywhere near that.

Soon thereafter come the 4th of July festivities...

But I prayed often to Heavenly Father for coping ability - and singing hymns in my mind and out loud, also with Sister Jones. We found a joint project - to take some things to some Elders in the field.
We also took two long walks - one in the Park over by the mission office (where we went and did some missionary-work) and the other just walking and talking in our neighborhood at dusk.
Then I felt (and still feel) much better. It's better to face such things with a loving companion!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Woke up myself, late in the evening, last night, tossed and turned till this morning, wondered why such I felt so unsettled. Just read your post, and thought, well I was not the only one. I am sure, you and your wife are watched over, you have such a good heart. Miss having you come online saying "let's buy this family a house!", an experience, close to my deepest feelings, that the church ought to do, in line with the united order, to impart, with a covenant and a deed, that would not be broken, even as you did, here on this very site, for those two families in need.

:)

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks, Robert. Always good to hear from you.
Just sent out this email to family, now to you all!

You may enjoy the slides I used Wednesday evening at our Scripture Study class - on the Articles of Faith 10 (last part of the series). The classes are held at the East Orange church building, in the Relief Society room. Attendance was good and Saints were endeavoring - excited in most cases I think - to LEARN and to feel the Spirit of the Lord at the same time.
That's our goal!

I used my lap-top and projector (onto the blank wall) to guide the discussion.

After class, some stayed to sing the Hymn "Adam-ondi-Ahman." They did not know this hymn (except Sister Jones!), but using mobile devices, we got the music - and they LOVE TO SING!

Notes from the class are attached for YOU- Hope you will enjoy! [sorry - file appears to big to post here ...]

Thursday evening, we had four Elders over to our apartment along with the Branch missionary leader - laughter as well as some pondering times as we talked about investigators and made plans. We always begin and end with prayer and its great to hear the Elders pray!

Two investigators are "on date" to be baptized on July 24th - and we're excited! We had one of the investigators (Mary) over at our place with some Elders last Friday evening (July 1st) and had a GREAT discussion. (Photo from that event - also birthday celebration for Elder Covington and for Mary.)

Mary is part Lehite (native American) and part African -- now that's a mix!

Love to you all,
Dad/Grandpa/Elder Jones in New Jersey
Attachments
Photo Mary Investigator at dinner 1 JY 16.jpg
Photo Mary Investigator at dinner 1 JY 16.jpg (200.46 KiB) Viewed 3544 times

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Friday 8 July, we traveled there for a baptism of our grandson-Daniel D, in the Susquehannah River - close to the very spot (!) where Joseph baptized Oliver and then was baptized by Oliver Cowdery. Long story short, we walked down to the river about 9:40 pm (very dark) and had a memorable experience as his father baptized him in the River.

I took some photos - will post as we get back to New Jersey. (YES we had permission to leave mission boundaries!)

Yesterday, Saturday morning, I awakened with D&C 6 on my mind - so I looked it up.

32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you.

33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
Then we went to the new Visitor's Center for the Aaronic Priesthood restoration - near Susquehanna, Pennsylvania - and guess what? the video there QUOTED FROM D&C 6 - WHICH WAS REVEALED at that location in Joseph and Emma's home. Brought tears to my eyes, and thanks to my heart to a watchful, guiding Heavenly Father.

Awesome new video btw - but apparently ONLY shown there (I asked).

Then we traveled to Palmyra, NY - and visited the sites there - and attended the HILL CUMORAH PAGEANT!! (Are you a smidgen jealous yet? wish you could all see it!)

More later as I get where I can more easily download photos and make them smaller.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Good to know you are enjoying yourself and staying safe Steve :)
I have visited all the LDS Historic sites... certainly are inspiring and interesting. B-)

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks - your support is much appreciated!

Sister Jones has had some health issues lately, and a friend sent this suggestion which I'd like to post for the record --
There is a fast solution to being stopped up, and it is safe and easy. It is part of the master cleanser diet called an internal salt water cleansing. It basically has two steps: an herbal laxative tea before bed (I recommend Traditional Medicinal's "Smooth Move"). In the morning, a liter of warm water with two teaspoons of uniodized sea salt. This must be taken on an empty stomach in the morning and is most effective if all the water is consumed within 5 minutes. The specific gravity of the sodium levels within the salt water matches that of the blood, so the body will pick up neither the water nor the salt, therefore it will pass through the entire digestive tract as is, cleaning as it goes.

Note: it is much easier than any other method to clean out the system.
It does not cause abdominal cramping experienced in diarrhea
It is not too salty and tastes mostly like a weak broth
It takes only 1 to 2 hours to pass completely from the system

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BroJones wrote:Thanks - your support is much appreciated!

Sister Jones has had some health issues lately, and a friend sent this suggestion which I'd like to post for the record --
There is a fast solution to being stopped up, and it is safe and easy. It is part of the master cleanser diet called an internal salt water cleansing. It basically has two steps: an herbal laxative tea before bed (I recommend Traditional Medicinal's "Smooth Move"). In the morning, a liter of warm water with two teaspoons of uniodized sea salt. This must be taken on an empty stomach in the morning and is most effective if all the water is consumed within 5 minutes. The specific gravity of the sodium levels within the salt water matches that of the blood, so the body will pick up neither the water nor the salt, therefore it will pass through the entire digestive tract as is, cleaning as it goes.

Note: it is much easier than any other method to clean out the system.
It does not cause abdominal cramping experienced in diarrhea
It is not too salty and tastes mostly like a weak broth
It takes only 1 to 2 hours to pass completely from the system
Make sure you can't really taste the salt in the salt water, or it's too highly concentrated. It should be a minimal taste, but the solution should FEEL a little smooth/ slippery. I've never done it with the herbal tea, and it's been ok. Just don't plan on going out until it passes, however long it takes.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks, JohnnyL.

Today I went to District Conference - visited two districts of Elders and Sisters. Sister Jones wanted me to go "so they would know we loved them", even though she is still too sick to travel that far.

I talked briefly about the importance of record keeping - telling them how Sister Jones and I had gone together with family to the Aaronic Priesthood restoration site in Harmony, Pennsylvania (with permission!) I noted that the exact date of that restoration was recorded.

Then asked - "who can tell me the date on which the Melchizedek Priesthood was restored?" Of course, no one knew... Because, I said, we don't know the date!

Joseph was not as good a record keeper then as later in his life - and it behooves us to be good record keepers!

I also quoted the story of when Jesus asked the Brethren in America to bring him the records, and he checked them. BTW - that means, he could read their writing and speak their language! of course...

Anyway, he found some of Samuel the Lamanite's prophecy missing - again emphasizing the importance of record keeping. Note also that Jesus thus reaffirms the testimony of this prophet (Samuel the Lamanite) - who interestingly was not the prophet-leader of the Church at that time. Nothing wrong with that!!

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I've got some catching up to do! highlights then -
Sister Jones and I went on 26 Jy Tuesday to The Short Hills chapel to help in "Transfer Day".
You see, the Sisters and Elders being transferred PLUS the newbies coming in assemble to be "divvied up" and then driven to their "new" apartments.

And what fun they have! might as well get caught up in the excitement of these young people setting out for new adventures in (mostly) unknown places, meeting new people and all that!

As you look at the photo, you can see some of that excitement I hope - and the Spirit they bring.
May the Lord bless them!

Then yesterday 27 July, we traveled to Ledgewood chapel and I spoke to each of the three districts. Again, the Spirit was strong with us. (This is the REAL force, Luke - the Holy Ghost!)

So I talked about Ether chapter 2, last 3 verses. pls read. See, the Lord says to Bro of Jared that the WAVES and the WINDS WILL come crashing down on them - these are already part of the earth's system, part of the mortal plan, part of what He wants us to experience.

But don't fear == I (the LORD) will PREPARE you so you will be alright.
Oh - but you have to think/ponder dear boy - WHAT do you want me to do so you can have light?
(DO your part to PREPARE!)

Then we talked about 8-legged ticks (ooooooh, like spiders but worse) that carry dread diseases like Lyme disease.... (That my precious Love has contracted, sigh)

And what can we do to PREPARE against this? Ask the Lord to EXEMPT us? not likely He will - did He exempt the Bro of Jared? NO! rather than, lets do what we can to prepare.

I gave them each a tick-puller device and taught them how to use it = for themselves or for someone else with a tick!

And thus they had a refresher on Preparing and the nature of this earth life as explained to the Brother of Jared by the Lord.

Cheers, everyone!
Attachments
Transfer day 26 Jy 16.jpg
Transfer day 26 Jy 16.jpg (207.01 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Now your wife has Lyme's?? Was that from out there? Hopefully your experience with Lyme will help?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Where do we get this "tick-puller device" Steve? Is it the best available?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

BroJones wrote:Felt an unusual nervousness earlier today - like something very bad is going to happen out here in the East.

Tomorrow is the huge Gay Pride Parade in NYCity - could that be it? I will NOT be going anywhere near that.

Soon thereafter come the 4th of July festivities...

But I prayed often to Heavenly Father for coping ability - and singing hymns in my mind and out loud, also with Sister Jones. We found a joint project - to take some things to some Elders in the field.
We also took two long walks - one in the Park over by the mission office (where we went and did some missionary-work) and the other just walking and talking in our neighborhood at dusk.
Then I felt (and still feel) much better. It's better to face such things with a loving companion!
I went to a pride parade once, and, I kid you not, was so bored that I fell asleep under a near by tree.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Note that my wife has Lyme disease - or had it, the rash is essentially gone now that she is taking doxycycline anti-biotic. What I had (starting about Nov 2013) was Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. Both tick-borne diseases.

So what I've purchased for the missionaries here and given away are these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pack-x-2-Si ... SwFnFWCV3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I've purchased a bunch more. My GOAL is that ALL the Elders and Sisters serving here can have a tick-remover.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanks. Good idea Steve.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BroJones wrote:Note that my wife has Lyme disease - or had it, the rash is essentially gone now that she is taking doxycycline anti-biotic. What I had (starting about Nov 2013) was Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. Both tick-borne diseases.

So what I've purchased for the missionaries here and given away are these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pack-x-2-Si ... SwFnFWCV3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I've purchased a bunch more. My GOAL is that ALL the Elders and Sisters serving here can have a tick-remover.
If she has any of these symptoms: http://autismsingapore.com/?p=767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, that guy is one of the best Lyme healers.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Sister Jones and I love to meet with singles who come often for Family Home Evening at the EO Branch building on Monday evenings. She was feeling well enough to attend and help with the genealogy exercise. (The doxycycline is clearly helping as she gets better and better each day!)

Just wanted you to meet some of these good people. Carlos on the left is from Cuba and is a good friend now- they all are!

Sister Boon has quite a history going back to her helping Martin Luther King - she says she's an activist! Our politics may differ, we don't talk about that much, but our commitment to the gospel is strong, solid! She often bears her testimony in F&T meeting - one of the best meetings in the Branch -and you have to get up quick because there is usually a line wanting to bear testimony.

Next from the left is Sister Falana from Nigeria. She's a regular Temple goer (but the NYCity Temple is closed this week, so we can't go...) And her niece Nikki was baptized on July 24th - that was awesome!

Next is Sister Scott - what a sterling LDS Christian she is! good sense of humor. She has been endowed also and is just so active - loves to meet with the Saints.
Then my sweetheart Sister Jones - what a stalwart she is! So glad she is getting better day by day. You can see how happy she was last evening!

So what we did is work some more on Pedigree charts and Family Group Sheets for these four - and enter them into the huge "FAMILY TREE" that the Church is building on-line. We talked about eternal families. We set up LDS.org accounts for two of them last evening - their first access.

And we sang hymns - and ate cookies!

Love to you all!
Elder Jones
FHE 1 Aug 16 genealogy.jpg
FHE 1 Aug 16 genealogy.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3089 times

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

SOOO busy lately as Housing Coordinator - we're opening about SIX new apartments at this period - and taking temple trips still, and teaching, and...
Anyway, a quick update -

1. For the record - and some may actually read it - here's a paper on 9/11 building collapses that was just published in a well-read PHYSICS journal.

http://www.europhysicsnews.org/articles ... 474p21.pdf

As I told my mission president - this paper was years in the making, with final touches basically recently... I may have spent 3 hours on it since mission began in March- he thought it was GREAT that I'm able to publish this! that's what he said - and of course, I agree. He's well aware of my 9/11 research.

2. This past week, Sister Jones and I have been on Two Temple Trips - to see the Philadelphia Temple open house, taking less-actives and new converts etc.

On Monday, the 12-person mission van we borrowed was FULL. And we had two handicapped sisters along, needing wheelchairs. Yesterday, we had 10 people go - what happened there was, we started out in two cars, one had A/C problems, so we were able to borrow the mission van.

Great experience both times! perhaps more detail some time... So busy these days as Housing Coordinator for the entire mission!

3. But I wanted to add - so much blessed to be drawing closer and closer to my beautiful wife Lezlee. Its really awesome how being missionaries together -

1. is improving our communications and our "fun" together also
2. is fulfilling a prophecy in my patriarchal blessing about serving a second mission
3. is both faith and love-building, as we serve in the inner-city amongst mostly non-whites, good people from Haiti, Nigeria, Guyana, Ghana, Togo, Cuba, Panama, Phillipines etc. - all over the world it seems.

Lezlee and I are finally becoming a loving TEAM!
And she is feeling better and better, finally off the doxycycline.

If the atonement of Jesus Christ heals people - and I testify He heals and strengthens TODAY -- then why not marriages also?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Steve - good paper. It is amazing to me how many people cannot overcome the programming done by NIST (and others) to convince us that we didn't see what we actually saw on 9/11.

I'm glad to hear you're finding value in mission service, and that you're drawing closer to your wife. Please pass on my prayers for her recovery from the lyme disease.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Obrien wrote:Steve - good paper. It is amazing to me how many people cannot overcome the programming done by NIST (and others) to convince us that we didn't see what we actually saw on 9/11.
Explosives expert Van Romero, vice president for research at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and former director of the Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center at Tech, said on the day of the attacks: “My opinion is, based on the videotapes, that after the airplanes hit the World Trade Center there were some explosive devices inside the buildings that caused the towers to collapse.” “Televised images of the attacks on the World Trade Center suggest that explosive devices caused the collapse of both towers. The collapse of the buildings appears “too methodical” to be a chance result of airplanes colliding with the structures. My opinion is, based on the videotapes, that after the airplanes hit the World Trade Center there were some explosive devices inside the buildings that caused the towers to collapse.” Tend days later Romero subsequently retracted these statements, saying, “Certainly the fire is what caused the building to fail.”

The EMRTC was recently featured in the National Geographic Channel program 9/11: Science and Conspiracy, in which it created a series of three dubious experiments designed to support the official story.

Why the change? Let’s see what happened to Van Romero and his school after the change…
In October 2001, the Wall Street Journal named New Mexico Tech to its list of “This Fall’s Hot Schools.”
In January 2002, Van Romero just happened to be appointed national Chairman of Domestic Preparedness Consortium.
In September 2002, nearly $15 million was awarded to the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech) to “provide two terrorism-preparedness courses for First Responders”.
In December 2003, “Romero is credited in the article with being instrumental in procuring about $56 million worth of appropriations for New Mexico Tech for the current fiscal year. This notable achievement also recently caught the eye of editors at The Chronicle of Higher Education as they ranked the university first in the nation among institutions of higher education that receive federal earmarks.”

:-? One of the options GR have: buy them.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Very interesting - thanks, JohnnyL.
And thank YOU Obrien! my wife is feeling better and better re:Lyme disease, she says.

We keep trying to get the TRUTH out! i believe the gospel of Jesus Christ includes all TRUTH, including the truth of what happened to bring down World Trade CEnter 7 - which was NOT hit by a plane, and fell completely on 9/11/2001 -for over 100 feet at FREE FALL acceleration!

And I feel that telling the truth, especially "unpopular" truth, is part of my mission for the Lord.

Sister Jones and I are scrambling to get about SIX new apartments opened as we have a net influx of both Elders and Sister missionaries. (Many of them arrive tomorrow!)

We were up late Friday night in Freehold, NJ, got back past midnight after prepping an apartment for them. Saturday night we were back by about 10 pm, after prepping another new opening in Jersey City - which is REALLY close to New York City - you can see the tall buildings clearly from there.

Also, very much an "inner city" environment, and we were glad two young missionaries helped us - also, two Senior Couples, getting the apartment ready. We have a LONG list of items to stock the apartments, and for the last several days, we have had to go to stores like WalMart and CostCo to get the necessary items, as our "mission storage" is now completely OUT of some things including mattresses!

That's how much growth our mission is experiencing lately.

I'm the Housing Coordinator for the mission, and I've had some experience with these things - but Sister Jones is the ACE when it comes to interior decorating and keeping track of WHO needs WHAT!
WE are more-and-more - A TEAM working and serving together.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

http://www.wanttoknow.info/070618professorsquestion911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Friends, my son Nathan who lives in our home-town of Albany, Missouri, is very sick and yesterday went into the hospital. It is not pneumonia as previously thought - but is a very stubborn cough with spells so severe that he cannot breathe properly and essentially he passes out. Anti-biotics are NOT helping.

The doctors and nurses are trying to understand and to help him. My son Seth lives in town also, and with Brother Poppa gave Nathan a priesthood blessing.

Friends in town have sent him doTerra oils which is awesome.

Your prayers in his behalf would be greatly appreciated.

One big issue is that Nathan does not have health insurance...

He has some savings because of sales of his books, but this will be costly in the hospital...

I would ask that you consider his books, especially the "LAST DAYS" novels he has written which are available via Amazon for about $3 each - "FUEL" and "SHORTAGE" and so on, by "NATHAN JONES."

These books are described on his facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/Natej11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nathan has a dry sense of humor which I have always appreciated, and a clever imagination - both of which shine through in this series of books which have to do with Last Days events (starting with a cutting off of FUEL throughout the United States).

If you are interested, please take a look at his books... This would give him a BOOST which would be so helpful right now.... Along with your prayers!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

So sorry Steve :( May the Lord bless you all.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Well, you know what I would say--get some EH. About every physical problem started out, and is fueled by, an emotional problem (with a few exceptions that EH can often take care of). Solve the emotional problem, and the physical problem resolves, too. Sometimes it is immediate, sometimes it takes a while to show up, sometimes something (like minerals) are needed... but it can show up because the issue is resolved, but the physical change hasn't caught up yet.
Much, much cheaper than a hospital. Many methods and practitioners to choose from.
Here is an example (3 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQstGY5E8s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Just said a prayer for your son Steve, miss buying homes for families with you, and all the others that helped. ♡