Going on a mission

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Going on a mission

Post by JohnnyL »

BroJones wrote: April 6th, 2017, 12:36 pm Thanks, JohnnyL.

Much has happened - bringing us to surgery, as I await in the main waiting room. Here is the email I sent out to family this morning:
QUoTE:
Today is the big day - her shoulder surgery is scheduled for noon. Sister Jones is already in the hospital as they requested her to come in a day early for further testing and prepping. The doctors want to be sure her oxygen level is up properly, that the breathing is good., following her bout with pneumonia and the flu. They're also concerned with swelling in the legs.

So I'm headed in to the Morristown NJ Medical Center again to be with her. Best case scenario: the shoulder surgery is done today at noon and goes well, followed by a day of recuperation and checking in the hospital. Then we're on our way this weekend to Maryland (to Danelle's) for further resting up.

Thanks everyone for your prayers - and patience -- during this process. We really appreciate your love and concern. Wish there was time to call everyone individually...

Sister Jones is being such a trooper. I love to be with her and hold her hand, to read to her and talk to her.

Love to you all,
Dad/Elder Jones
Hope all went/ goes well, and you can both soon get back to doing what you love and have been called to do.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

God bless you Steve for the life you have led and the awesome example you are to all. :)
BroJones wrote: April 6th, 2017, 12:36 pm Sister Jones is being such a trooper. I love to be with her and hold her hand, to read to her and talk to her.
Love to you all,
Dad/Elder Jones

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Sister Jones is OUT of the hospital (yesterday) and planning to go with me to Fast & Testimony Mtg. in the East Orange branch today -- HURRAY! We have a few parting gifts for branch members.

Our Mission President said he would come by this afternoon - he is so Awesome!

Then tomorrow (after a final cleaning), we will head down to our daughter's home in Maryland, leaving our beloved New Jersey Morristown Mission.

Thanks everyone for your love, concern and PRAYERS!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

This thread is one of the few reasons I still visit ldsff. Love you, brother, Jones!

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks, Marc. It seems the thread comes to an end though- as we have completed our mission!

Sister Jones wrote up this parting letter, which I'd like to share here. Thanks for reading/participating everyone!

What a month it has been!!! Before we close this chapter of our lives, I wanted to share a few thoughts.
First, I want to express my deep gratitude for my companion, Elder Jones. Without his support, love, compassion and devoted service, this would have been a very different experience for me. He thought of things I didn’t and interfaced with others when I was too weak to do so. How grateful I am for him and how I love him.
Second, I am grateful for all of you. Your thoughts, love and prayers have been felt and efficacious. How truly blessed to have so many who care!!! A favorite thing to do was to have Elder Jones share with me your responses to his updates. It always provided a lift.
I am sure it is because of your prayers and the Lord’s goodness that since being in recovery, I have needed nothing for pain. I am grateful for that. Also, though it was a little early, Dr. Sayde took the staples out at seven days instead of ten. He said that things were healing fine. He was really happy that the shoulder connection he made was still together. There is still five-six weeks of recovery and I am still trying to catch my breathe. The Lord has promised a full recovery and I have faith in that.
Now that I am doing better, I really feel the loss of heavy involvement in our missionary labors and the associations we had there. With this situation change, it will be interesting to see what the Lord has in store for us. We are at our daughter Danelle’s home right now. It has been spring break from school so we have enjoyed being with the grandchildren too. Next week we will wind our way back to Missouri.
This is Easter weekend. We are reminded with each new bud that bursts forth of the glorious gift of new life that we each will receive because of Christ’s Resurrection. What a magnificent thought! So much is given to us because of Him!!! I am grateful for Him and His great love for us. I am grateful for our Heavenly Father and His great love for us in giving us the great plan of happiness whereby we may become like Him and return to Him. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost, for His presence in my life as I am worthy of it, for the comfort He gives, for His teaching and testifying of the Father and the Son and all truth, and for His protection and warnings.
May the Lord bless you now and always!!! We love you!!!
Sister and Elder Jones

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Cool, I read about the buds and thought about how ugly and small they are, and then they blossom!! And then they bear fruit. Kind of like many of us in our mortal and then post-mortal lives...

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Well said, JohnnyL.

We were released THIS evening by our Far West Stake President - President Call. He asked when we had arrived back in town - that was last night, about 9:20 pm. Yesterday we paused at the Columbus, Ohio Temple on our route homeward.

We had a wonderful visit with President Call before he extended our releases, and then he offered an awesome prayer/blessing.

NOTE: our "homecoming" talks are scheduled for the Three Forks Ward in Albany, MO, this coming Sunday, 30 April, at 10:00 am. You are all invited to come!