meaning of 666 - redux

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Talon65
captain of 10

meaning of 666 - redux

Post by Talon65 »

a while back I posted something on the meaning of 666 but at the time, could not locate the website I had taken the images from - well, I found it - I'll let the more knowledgeable folks here tell me if its valid - I'm very interested in biblical symbols, but cannot vouch for this source, commentary most welcome :)

http://www.1913intel.com/2012/08/20/goi ... f-allah-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: meaning of 666 - redux

Post by Rose Garden »

That was interesting. Thanks for posting it.

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Post by isaacs2066 »

The idea you refer to is a based on a text in the vatican archives.

Cuz you know they just forgot it was there for the better part of two thousand years...

More likely it is religious propaganda by the vatican.

Curtis99
captain of 10

Post by Curtis99 »

http://themessianicmessage.com/article_real_mark.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gdemetz80815
captain of 50

Post by gdemetz80815 »

The real meaning is the inscription on the miters of the old bishops of Rome, "DCXLVI", and that is consistent with the rest of the 13th chapter of Revelation which depicts this church which exercised all the power of the beast (kingdom - Rome) before it.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

First of all, I do not know the truth of these statements. I SIMPLY WONDERED IF there would be someone that is an authority on the topic. I DID NOT AUTHOR THE FOLLOWING, RATHER, IT IS ONLY PRESENTED AS FOOD FOR THOUGHT, FOR IDEAS AND DISCUSSION; IT IS NOT PRESENTED AS DOCTRINE. ENJOY

I found this at: http://mormanity.blogspot.com/2004/07/m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... be-it.html

The Riley Family said...
. . . we don't even want to be a recipient of a paper cut either. We realize one reason for the fear of these chips being implanted is the idea of it being a mark of a beast, but that is not the case. There are many key elements that direct a person to who and what the beast and its mark is. One element is an image is made that people bow down to and worship and another is it has a name. Bio-chips, social security numbers, government brandings, and other concoctions do not fit. If you take the number 666 and write it in the Hebrew numbering system using letters you come up with vstr, or vav samech tav resh. Vav is a prefix while the root str means secret or hidden. If you then look up the symbols of the letters they are nail, prop, cross, and head, and mean nail, prop, mark or sign, and head or leader. If you put these together it is the crucifix, the image of the beast. If you then take the name of the image, jesus, and add it up it comes to 616. The True Messiah/Christ warned that if another came in his own name he would be accepted, and he said many will come saying they are the Messiah/Christ. He gave us the tools to figure out who this deceiver would be and pointed out the deceiver would sit in the temple of God making himself out to be God and the whole world would be deceived. No one is supposed to bow down to idols or serve them. This is what marks an individual. Do not bow down to them (mark on your forehead) and do not serve them (mark on your hand).

Is WWW the mark of the beast? http://www.av1611.org/666/www_666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See also: http://www.greaterthings.com/Word-Number/666.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Coincidentally Related Scriptural Word and Page Numbers

SEE: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11909&p=132538#p132538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

This topic didn't go very far. What happened?

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

freedomforall wrote:This topic didn't go very far. What happened?
Maybe people are reading it and pondering - revelation will come to those whose hearts are ready for such - new wine in new wine bottles per say.

For me, the truth sounds as clear as the voice of Christ to a child, and now I will ponder as I go about my week, and the Spirit will do the rest, as his Burden is light and his Yoke easy, so it goes with understanding these things if we will take it to the Lord and ask him to make it plain to our understanding, even as a child.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Who knows?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I feel that Islam is an ally of Christianity

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

harakim wrote:I feel that Islam is an ally of Christianity
Why? And are you aware of the Islamic terrorism committed against Christians in the middle east?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Talon65 wrote:a while back I posted something on the meaning of 666 but at the time, could not locate the website I had taken the images from - well, I found it - I'll let the more knowledgeable folks here tell me if its valid - I'm very interested in biblical symbols, but cannot vouch for this source, commentary most welcome :)

http://www.1913intel.com/2012/08/20/goi ... f-allah-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris White on YouTube does a really good job of debunking this nonsense.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

brianj wrote:
Why? And are you aware of the Islamic terrorism committed against Christians in the middle east?
I feel like people are generally allies. If they are not against us, they are with us. And in the case of Muslims, we share a monotheistic devotion. They have moral codes and we have moral codes. Unlike some other monotheistic religions, they don't think you have to be born into it. Anyone is welcome to take part. And they, like most rural Americans but unlike some Christians, do not believe in hierarchical structures and believe that each individual is on a level playing field with respect to the law.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Crossed swords or Saudi Arabia on NATO/ATAN Combined Joint Task Force in Syria

666 could = Crossed Swords, Bismallah, and Communist Hammer and Sickle.

Right now, Muslim clerics are calling for an alliance between Muslims and Orthodox Christians against the apostate West.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

harakim wrote:
brianj wrote:
I feel like people are generally allies. If they are not against us, they are with us. And in the case of Muslims, we share a monotheistic devotion. They have moral codes and we have moral codes. Unlike some other monotheistic religions, they don't think you have to be born into it. Anyone is welcome to take part. And they, like most rural Americans but unlike some Christians, do not believe in hierarchical structures and believe that each individual is on a level playing field with respect to the law.
tell that to the 90,000 christians murdered by Muslims last year.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... aith-2016/

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Rensai wrote:
harakim wrote:
brianj wrote:
tell that to the 90,000 christians murdered by Muslims last year.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... aith-2016/
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/01/world ... ports.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualtie ... e_Iraq_War" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

harakim wrote:
brianj wrote:
Actually, Islam doesn't teach that all are equal under the law. Women are inferior to men, and non-Muslims are inferior to Islamic women.

In the words of Persian jurist Abi Sahl Abu Bakr al-Sarakhsi: "The word of a dishonest Muslim is more valuable than that of a honest dhimmi." (Note: A dhimmi is a non-Muslim living in an Islamic nation who pays the "protection" fee to Muslims.)

Sura 2, verse 282 of the Koran states that a woman's testimony is only worth half as much as a man's testimony. Should a Muslim rape a non-Muslim, she can't testify against him. Should a Muslim rape a Muslim woman, she would need four male witnesses or he would have to confess to prove the allegation. (24:4, 24:13) Therefore, if a woman makes an accusation and doesn't have four male witnesses, she will be flogged for making a false accusation (verse 4) and then she'll be held accountable for adultery since she stated that a sexual act occurred.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

brianj wrote:
harakim wrote:
brianj wrote:
Actually, Islam doesn't teach that all are equal under the law. Women are inferior to men, and non-Muslims are inferior to Islamic women.

In the words of Persian jurist Abi Sahl Abu Bakr al-Sarakhsi: "The word of a dishonest Muslim is more valuable than that of a honest dhimmi." (Note: A dhimmi is a non-Muslim living in an Islamic nation who pays the "protection" fee to Muslims.)

Sura 2, verse 282 of the Koran states that a woman's testimony is only worth half as much as a man's testimony. Should a Muslim rape a non-Muslim, she can't testify against him. Should a Muslim rape a Muslim woman, she would need four male witnesses or he would have to confess to prove the allegation. (24:4, 24:13) Therefore, if a woman makes an accusation and doesn't have four male witnesses, she will be flogged for making a false accusation (verse 4) and then she'll be held accountable for adultery since she stated that a sexual act occurred.
I meant every individual within Islam is equal from a religious standpoint, but I agree that women are not equal in Islam.