2016 Predictions

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

2016 Predictions

Post by OCDMOM »

Anyone want to put their 2016 predictions here. At the end of 2016, we can see who was right, or close. Sorry no prize or anything. Just the satisfaction of knowing you were right.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: 2016 Predictions

Post by Matchmaker »

These are guesses on my part, and not predictions, but here goes:

1. The world will move much closer to WW3, perhaps even officially starting it in 2016.
2. Mitt Romney will surprise his critics and be elected either President or Vice President.
3. Utah will experience a moderate earthquake along the Wasatch Front.
4. I will sell my house in Salt Lake County and move to within 1/2 hour drive of the Manti temple.
5. There will be changes again in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

TSM will pass away.
The church will see a massive devision over LGBT.
Earthquake
Election of a Republican, who will never take office.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

1. I will turn 47
2. I will celebrate my 25th year anniversary
3. I will own a copy of Star Wars, The Force Awakens

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Alabama will not win the NCAA football championship
Kentucky will not win the NCAA basketball championship
GS Warriors repeat as NBA champs
SF Giants win the World Series
BYU and Utah fans will talk about their football teams competing for the FBS National championship until October

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Vision wrote: BYU and Utah fans will talk about their football teams competing for the FBS National championship until October
=)) that's definitely a BYU thing.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I predict that if MatchMaker moves to Manti I will go to stay with her and the family for a few months, til I can get involved with some nice lady over there, because I want to move to Manti.
That's my prediction.
I also predict that I will continue to pay no attention to other people playing sports, either by radio or tv, or sitting in the stadium to watch, none of which will I do.
I predict that earthquakes will not bother me, here in California, if I don't move to Manti to stay with MatchMaker and family.
I predict that if Utah does have an earthquake it will be so small no one will notice. Except maybe MatchMaker and zionminded will think they notice it.
dc

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Jesus is comin' in 2016 :D

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Denver Broncos = Super Bowl Champions

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Here's my earthquake prediction: a large earthquake (8.2 +)... in Pakistan.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I predict that:
Julie Rowe will publish a book in February.
Some people here will say they read the book and felt the Spirit testifying as they did so.
Others here will harshly criticize the book, even to the point of claiming it says things that it doesn't say.
Everybody's desire to argue will be fulfilled.
While we are distracted with our big pissing contest, Satan will be victorious in his efforts to the point where Heavenly Father needs to cleanse the North American continent.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

"First they came for the Muslims"

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

OCDMOM wrote:Anyone want to put their 2016 predictions here. At the end of 2016, we can see who was right, or close. Sorry no prize or anything. Just the satisfaction of knowing you were right.

Bernie Sanders wins the election with 400 plus EV.

But if it ends up Trump v Clinton trump wins with no more than 300 EV.

GAS vision to be verified at this time--true or not true?

Russia invades Turkey and Turkey cedes Kurdistan which becomes independent.

Keep your eyes on Jerusalem.

bornfree
captain of 100

Post by bornfree »

I predict there will be tent cities for banned members of discussion forums, where one checks in voluntarilly and receives anger management counseling. If banned member fails course, they must choose being permanently banned, or waterboarding. Gurgle, gurgle.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I predict that it won't stop raining until people repent or there's an earthquake. If it doesn't come to pass then your timing is off, not mine :-?

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

I predict NO TENT CITIES. And all the good members who have prepared by buying expensive tents, and more than a years worth of food, and not to mention learning energy healing (because that's how they will heal the sick in tent city, and also how they will get translated) will focus on next year as the "great call out". And will slowly loose their way from the good ship Zion!

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

bornfree wrote:I predict there will be tent cities for banned members of discussion forums, where one checks in voluntarilly and receives anger management counseling. If banned member fails course, they must choose being permanently banned, or waterboarding. Gurgle, gurgle.
BeeP, is this you?

bornfree
captain of 100

Post by bornfree »

Obrien wrote:
bornfree wrote:I predict there will be tent cities for banned members of discussion forums, where one checks in voluntarilly and receives anger management counseling. If banned member fails course, they must choose being permanently banned, or waterboarding. Gurgle, gurgle.
BeeP, is this you?[/quote

Who is Beep? The roadrunner, haha

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

bornfree wrote:
Obrien wrote:
BeeP, is this you?
Who is Beep? The roadrunner, haha[/quote]

BeeP was a strong defender of truth, a great TBM, better than a MM. Destined to go into the LDSFF Hall of Fame. BeeP was a casualty of the 2015 GC Zombie attack.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

"Bee Prepared" was a victim of her fingertips. You seriously think she belongs in a hall of fame, rew?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Obrien wrote:"Bee Prepared" was a victim of her fingertips. You seriously think she belongs in a hall of fame, rew?
Yes, and I predict April 2016 GC the hordes of the Zombies will again descend to afflict and bite.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Cold, Rewcox.
Anyone with a dissenting thought is a horde of zombies? Really?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Obrien wrote:"Bee Prepared" was a victim of her fingertips. You seriously think she belongs in a hall of fame, rew?
I do--the "LDSFF hall of fame", as Rewcox said, which is a unique community. You certainly deserve to be in it, but not for the same reasons. Bee Prepared was one of the better active LDS posters here; I'm sorry Brian banned her, but we post or don't post at the behest of the owners and administrators of their message forums. I wish she was still here, but my understanding is she's now on another LDS Forum.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Obrien wrote:Cold, Rewcox.
Anyone with a dissenting thought is a horde of zombies? Really?
Not the same as being a democrat or republican. Laman and lEmuel dissented a lot.

An ancient Indian story tells of eight blind men trying to discern the nature of an elephant. Each felt a different part and reached a different conclusion about the nature of the elephant. The poet John Godfrey Saxe reported the outcome:

And so these men of Hindustan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right
And all were in the wrong.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My predictions for 2016:

Some here on LDSFF will still be waiting for the Wasatch front to be destroyed by a cataclysmic earthquake, meanwhile, there will most likely be other earthquakes in various places in the world.

There will be no 'call out' to AVOW type tent cities, but the believers will just push the time frame into 2017.

There will be more LDS books about NDE's and dreams of future disaster and catastrophe.

The President will continue to dismantle our constitutional govt.

The Republicans will continue to put up little opposition and the Democrats will help him.

We will be consumed by a nasty Presidential election for the entire year.

ISIS will continue to get stronger and Europe will have to change their strategy in dealing with it or European Union will eventually fail.

The President will have to put more 'boots on the ground' in War zones, but he'll refuse to admit we're in a war and the media will go along with his denials by burying war news and problems and keeping Americans satiated with a steady diet of media 'Bread and Circuses'.