The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Re: The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Still Learning wrote:
notjamesbond003.5 wrote:He will be fine at Judgment Day, unlike a few posters here.

njb
Which ones?
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted
But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, ‘Raca,’ shall be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, ‘Thou fool,’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
njb

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I know Jake personally.

Don't get too caught up by his arrogant tone. He's not arrogant, but can come across that way. I think it has more to do with his presentation skills and personality than anything. I think it we could look past some of the tone of the presentations, the message can speak for itself. He feels called by God to do this. He has sacrificed much, including going without housing at time, to do this.

On Jake being in a cult near Idaho. Hogwash. I know there are a few people that have moved up there, including Jake, to attempt to live consecration. No one is leading them. It is all voluntary. I think it's a noble effort. Jake is about the last person I know who would be trying to get people to follow him. I don't necessarily agree with this Judaification of Mormonism, I think it's where your heart is, and if you can put Christ into Christmas, should work just as good as Yom Kippur.

On the Church leaders being in apostasy.

Well . . . let the scriptures and ideas he presents on that speak for themselves, and then go to the Lord on it.

I think the documentaries are worth watching, even if they can get a tad tedious.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Jake speaks a lot of the nuanced language of Duster I've noticed-which isn't a bad thing in my book.

Hashtag that.

Njb
Last edited by notjamesbond003.5 on December 4th, 2015, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

pjbrownie wrote:I know Jake personally.

Don't get too caught up by his arrogant tone. He's not arrogant, but can come across that way. I think it has more to do with his presentation skills and personality than anything. I think it we could look past some of the tone of the presentations, the message can speak for itself. He feels called by God to do this. He has sacrificed much, including going without housing at time, to do this.

On Jake being in a cult near Idaho. Hogwash. I know there are a few people that have moved up there, including Jake, to attempt to live consecration. No one is leading them. It is all voluntary. I think it's a noble effort. Jake is about the last person I know who would be trying to get people to follow him. I don't necessarily agree with this Judaification of Mormonism, I think it's where your heart is, and if you can put Christ into Christmas, should work just as good as Yom Kippur.

Well . . . let the scriptures and ideas he presents on that speak for themselves, and then go to the Lord on it.

I think the documentaries are worth watching, even if they can get a tad tedious.
Since you know him, can you tell us if Jake Hilton is familiar with Denver Snuffer and what he thinks of his teachings?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

AI2.0 wrote:

Since you know him, can you tell us if Jake Hilton is familiar with Denver Snuffer and what he thinks of his teachings?
This guy has long hair, and says our leaders are in apostasy? Well, he can just go to the Arctic.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Should Jake take Porter Rockwell w him?

njb

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

AI2.0 wrote:

He knows about Denver, but he told me he's never listened to the lectures. Usually when Denver comes up in conversation, he blows him off.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

pjbrownie wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

He knows about Denver, but he told me he's never listened to the lectures. Usually when Denver comes up in conversation, he blows him off.
Thanks for responding. Also, do you know if Jake is active in the LDS church?

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

Valiant85 wrote:I watched the entire series and also the Leaving Babylon. At first I was skeptical (mostly because of his long hair, I know, judgmental) but I can honestly say I've learned a lot and I'm feeling the power of the scriptures in my life....and that can only be a good thing!

Heh heh...yes, you can't trust those long haired folks. Just kidding. My hair is longer than his. It makes my lovely wife happy.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I've started watching some of his videos. Enjoyed them. I'm going to watch a few more. Thank you.

Syn
captain of 50

Post by Syn »

Jake Hamilton is a snake luller. PERIOD. He mixes truth with his own philosophies. In part 2, he talks about people making their own tent cities and commends them that they don't need the leadership of the church to make decisions. He relates them to Lehi and receiving prophecy. Lehi did not have the fulness of the gospel, prophets and apostles like we have today. We have prophets, seventy, and local authorities that guide and direct HIS church.

He systematically designed the videos to make you trust him and start believing his own teachings and misguided views on the gospel. He does not say to much that is completely crazy. Yet there is plenty of not-so-good stuff in there. But it's 8 hours long, this whole time is to build trust. Kind of like a salesman. The second video from the get go takes a very strange turn when he talks about a random person, in a random elders quorum, and makes it sound like" EVERYONE in the church is that way, just besides you, or us. WE are not like that." By this point, if you have watched all 9+ hours he is assuming that he has built his circle of trust and that he has become an "authority" to the people that watch him. Basically, he's using a mixture of sales tactics and trust building to sale his own opinions (extremely false) on church leadership and false doctrines.

TL;DR: OR Another way to look at it: From the get-go with his videos, I did not feel the spirit. I usually share interesting and spiritual things with my family. This is not one of those. Jake is systematically trying to lead people away from true beliefs. I do not recommend his videos or "teachings" to anyone.
Last edited by Syn on January 29th, 2016, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

M249Gunner wrote:
Valiant85 wrote:I watched the entire series and also the Leaving Babylon. At first I was skeptical (mostly because of his long hair, I know, judgmental) but I can honestly say I've learned a lot and I'm feeling the power of the scriptures in my life....and that can only be a good thing!

Heh heh...yes, you can't trust those long haired folks. Just kidding. My hair is longer than his. It makes my lovely wife happy.
It's not the length of the hair; it's the CREEPY cut that bothers me.

Bottom line he is an apostate mingling scripture with the philosophies of men. The fruit of his message is to lead one in "strange paths".

manton
captain of 10

Post by manton »

Syn wrote:Jake Hamilton is a snake luller. PERIOD. He mixes truth with his own philosophies. In part 2, he talks about people making their own tent cities and commends them that they don't need the leadership of the church to make decisions. He relates them to Lehi and receiving prophecy. Lehi did not have the fulness of the gospel, prophets and apostles like we have today. We have prophets, seventy, and local authorities that guide and direct HIS church.
I'm not finding the specific part I think you're referring to, but I remember he said he talked to a modern day group that has started a tent city, and he asked them why they were there. If anything, he was mocking them because there was no command from the Lord nor the prophet that the people could answer.

This is the part of his video about tent cities, "Tent Cities & the Pattern of Scripture":
https://youtu.be/PCeDXJA9Rv8?t=1130

His main point is don't do anything unless you receive your own witness. He outlines the prevalent beliefs on tent cities and how they come about. He lists why it's preposterous for the Church to issue a "call-out" based on a member's "righteousness" because the church cannot look on the heart, the church can only look on the outward appearance. Scripturally, the Lord looks on the heart and calls out individually based on that. If the church does a callout, it has to be universal. He said even if the church does a call out, you need to pray and ask the Lord if you should go. Sounds like good counsel to me.

He makes good recommendations of the importance of doing spiritual self-audits and going to the Lord for everything.
I'm not propping him up as a leader to follow, but his message is one of repentance and turning directly to the Lord. I've watched all except part 3c, haven't made it through it yet. Maybe there'll be some surprises in 3c? It's just disappointing to read how some so quickly condemn the messenger.

I think the Lord tries to reach out to us in any way where we might listen, through different messengers. If we listen to the message and not worship/condemn the messenger, then we can make progress. The danger becomes, "what should I do? Let me check what Jake Hilton says about it?" or "What does Julie Rowe say about it?" etc. I see it as comparable to a convert that is still calling up the missionaries that taught them initially. Instead, they need to go to the Lord. Does the message convert us to the Lord, or convert us to the messenger?

Jake's presentation has been positive for me in identifying things I need to change to be more committed to the Lord. I'm active/valiant LDS, and his presentations albeit laborious and tiresome at times, have been uplifting.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

According to several different poster's comments that I've read recently (last month or so) in a couple of VERY pro-Denver Snuffer groups, Jake Hilton is, "firmly" in their "camp". FWIW

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

EmmaLee wrote:According to several different poster's comments that I've read recently (last month or so) in a couple of VERY pro-Denver Snuffer groups, Jake Hilton is, "firmly" in their "camp". FWIW
Have you watched any of the videos EmmaLee? Any thoughts on the content? Jake and his wife seem like really good people who have clearly put a LOT of time into these presentations. But sticking to the content of the videos, there is little truth to be found.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on January 30th, 2016, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Syn wrote:Jake Hamilton is a snake luller. PERIOD. He mixes truth with his own philosophies. In part 2, he talks about people making their own tent cities and commends them that they don't need the leadership of the church to make decisions. He relates them to Lehi and receiving prophecy. Lehi did not have the fulness of the gospel, prophets and apostles like we have today. We have prophets, seventy, and local authorities that guide and direct HIS church.

He systematically designed the videos to make you trust him and start believing his own teachings and misguided views on the gospel. He does not say to much that is completely crazy. Yet there is plenty of not-so-good stuff in there. But it's 8 hours long, this whole time is to build trust. Kind of like a salesman. The second video from the get go takes a very strange turn when he talks about a random person, in a random elders quorum, and makes it sound like" EVERYONE in the church is that way, just besides you, or us. WE are not like that." By this point, if you have watched all 9+ hours he is assuming that he has built his circle of trust and that he has become an "authority" to the people that watch him. Basically, he's using a mixture of sales tactics and trust building to sale his own opinions (extremely false) on church leadership and false doctrines.

TL;DR: OR Another way to look at it: From the get-go with his videos, I did not feel the spirit. I usually share interesting and spiritual things with my family. This is not one of those. Jake is systematically trying to lead people away from true beliefs. I do not recommend his videos or "teachings" to anyone.
I watched parts of his video, but gave up because he's too long winded. As far as tent cities go, I thought he was making fun of those who believed in them. But, like I said, I found his presentation style long winded and a little cocky, so I skipped around a lot.

On another note, he can blow a mean shofar.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Yes, I have. I liked some of his earlier stuff. Didn't watch his last video the entire way through. It was obvious he'd been Snufferized (interestingly, I came to this conclusion before I'd read any comments verifying this fact from other Snuffer followers). I imagine Jake and his wife are "good" people. Although, Christ didn't even consider himself "good" - He said none were good, but his Father (Mark 10:18). I tend to believe him. :)

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

EmmaLee wrote:Yes, I have. I liked some of his earlier stuff. Didn't watch his last video the entire way through. It was obvious he'd been Snufferized (interestingly, I came to this conclusion before I'd read any comments verifying this fact from other Snuffer followers). I imagine Jake and his wife are "good" people. Although, Christ didn't even consider himself "good" - He said none were good, but his Father (Mark 10:18). I tend to believe him. :)
Fair enough Emma. I believe him as well. What do you mean Snufferized? Maybe we are watching different videos because I didn't see much if any of Jake's message ( The Time is Now ) being influenced by Denver Snuffer.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I don't have the exact spot(s) in the video or his exact words handy, but as I watched, his loathing of all things having to do with the LDS Church became evident (in much the same way Snuffer started). It's what I don't understand about people who leave the Church - if what they've found to replace it with is so glorious and vastly better, just talk about that - forget the LDS Church, leave it alone. Persuade me without the jabs, innuendos, (usually) subtle, but often overt, stabs at all things LDS. If someone can't persuade me another thing is better than something else, without belittling/tearing down the 'something else', then no heart has been changed, no benefit has been achieved, in my opinion.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I watched multiple hours of his videos (gave it a fair shot). Definitely a lot of similarities with DS. Far too repetitive and slow-paced for my liking. Didn't learn anything new. Stopped watching.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

EmmaLee wrote:According to several different poster's comments that I've read recently (last month or so) in a couple of VERY pro-Denver Snuffer groups, Jake Hilton is, "firmly" in their "camp". FWIW
I know Jake. He's not firmly in Snuffer's camp. He has come to similar conclusions using the scriptures. That's a far different thing. But Jake disagrees with Denver on some very key issues such as following the Torah (Snuffer is very much a Pauline apostle) and learning the doctrines from the scriptures. He told me once that he didn't even listen to the lectures or read his books.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

AI2.0 wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

Thanks for responding. Also, do you know if Jake is active in the LDS church?
I actually have no idea.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

pjbrownie wrote:
I know Jake. He's not firmly in Snuffer's camp. He has come to similar conclusions using the scriptures. That's a far different thing. But Jake disagrees with Denver on some very key issues such as following the Torah (Snuffer is very much a Pauline apostle) and learning the doctrines from the scriptures. He told me once that he didn't even listen to the lectures or read his books.
Well, someone has their facts wrong. Either you're right, or several people (who also claim to know him) in the 'Remnant' FB group are right, because they said what I said above - and in fact, used those exact words to describe Jake - as being "firmly in their camp." In the end, as BrianM said above, listening to him told me what I needed to know.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote:..do you know if Jake is active in the LDS church?
pjbrownie wrote:I actually have no idea.
:-?

AI2.0, Jake's siblings publicly stated last year that he has formally left the LDS Church - I don't know them - I suppose they could be lying (not sure to what end they would want to do that though).

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

The Time Is Now 2:30 PM

Post by iWriteStuff »

EmmaLee wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:..do you know if Jake is active in the LDS church?
pjbrownie wrote:I actually have no idea.
:-?

AI2.0, Jake's siblings publicly stated last year that he has formally left the LDS Church - I don't know them - I suppose they could be lying (not sure to what end they would want to do that though).
Seems like a legit source of doomsday info.... :-?