The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Syn
captain of 50

Re: The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Post by Syn »

Agnes wrote:
Valiant85 wrote:2. He doesn't have anything good to say about church leaders, BYU, or the organization of the church. I can understand if there are things that can be improved in the church, but to feel disdain for the church is just something entirely inappropriate. I can see how his feelings on this matter alone could constitute apostasy.

I've enjoyed a large portion of his teachings from the scriptures, especially ones from the Book of Mormon, but I can't deny that He discredits the prophet and apostles, He is teaching things contrary to what the prophet and other leaders have been inspired to do, and I just don't feel right about it.
Imagine: you are sitting in a room (read- LDS church) and time to time someone comes to you, saying he is THE TEACHER (read - prophet). He teaches you about the world, he says the grass is red and the sky is green. He says, "All I say is true, because I am THE TEACHER; you are not allowed to question things I have said, you are not allowed to look out of the window and even forget about opening the window or the doors". Then, one day, another person (also sitting in this room) uses his free agency and opens the window. He understands that many things he has been told... are different or even wrong. This person comes to you and says: "You might be surprised, but I discovered that the sky is blue and the grass is green."

Don't be a baby who is helpless and is fed by someone else.

Jake Hilton invites to check, to put to the test every aspect of the teaching. Have you tested or checked every aspect or every statement that has come from the prophet and the apostles? What makes you think they are immune to making mistakes?
Jake Hilton has zero authority. ZERO. That's the difference. He is not ordained of God. He does not hold the keys and has never held the keys. Don't be a helpless baby that is fed by someone that does not hold the keys, just because you like what they spoon feed you. Zing.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

BenjaminHarrison wrote:The mark/name of the beast is the best explanation I have heard yet, and believe this is what John was talking about.
I thought this was interesting too. Too bad this has been all over the Internet before Jake got ahold of it from someone named Whalid Shoebat. Check out Chris White as he debunks this as nonsense. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EJINpMaQB60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel bad for people like Jake who know a lot about the gospel but let pride take over their hearts. It really is too bad.

#longhairedmormon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by #longhairedmormon »

Still Learning wrote:Has anyone seen this new series by Jake Hilton? I thoroughly enjoyed the first series - Only A Matter Of Time.

if you have seen this - skip through to where he talks about the Mark of the Beast and Islam. Possibly the most compelling I have heard.

yes it is phenomenal , his in-depth study and phenomenal detail is very very accurate to all the prophecies and scriptural references out there. I love how he proves everything in detail.

#longhairedmormon approves !!
https://youtu.be/aH0SYG6OQXA

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

LateOutOfBed wrote:The only part that bugs me so far (I'm half way through the 2nd video) is how negative he is about ecclesiastical help. My bishop pointed me on the correct path to God. The bishop never pretended to be able to forgive or to save, but helped me find the narrow way. I've been seeking Christ ever since. He's super repetitive at times and SO SLOW in making a point, but there's a ton of good information in them.

-- Geoff
I have liked most of Jake Hilton's videos and I agree with you about the part not needing Ecclesiastical help bothered me as the Lord himself has stated that is how it should be done in order to gain forgiveness. His new videos are really deep and he has gone full blown Moses with the hair and beard and appears a little strange now. Just hope he doesn't start his own church.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Syn wrote:
Agnes wrote:
Valiant85 wrote:2. He doesn't have anything good to say about church leaders, BYU, or the organization of the church. I can understand if there are things that can be improved in the church, but to feel disdain for the church is just something entirely inappropriate. I can see how his feelings on this matter alone could constitute apostasy.

I've enjoyed a large portion of his teachings from the scriptures, especially ones from the Book of Mormon, but I can't deny that He discredits the prophet and apostles, He is teaching things contrary to what the prophet and other leaders have been inspired to do, and I just don't feel right about it.
Imagine: you are sitting in a room (read- LDS church) and time to time someone comes to you, saying he is THE TEACHER (read - prophet). He teaches you about the world, he says the grass is red and the sky is green. He says, "All I say is true, because I am THE TEACHER; you are not allowed to question things I have said, you are not allowed to look out of the window and even forget about opening the window or the doors". Then, one day, another person (also sitting in this room) uses his free agency and opens the window. He understands that many things he has been told... are different or even wrong. This person comes to you and says: "You might be surprised, but I discovered that the sky is blue and the grass is green."

Don't be a baby who is helpless and is fed by someone else.

Jake Hilton invites to check, to put to the test every aspect of the teaching. Have you tested or checked every aspect or every statement that has come from the prophet and the apostles? What makes you think they are immune to making mistakes?
Jake Hilton has zero authority. ZERO. That's the difference. He is not ordained of God. He does not hold the keys and has never held the keys. Don't be a helpless baby that is fed by someone that does not hold the keys, just because you like what they spoon feed you. Zing.
I am sure he holds some car keys and maybe even a house key.

snowcapped
Hi, I'm new.

Post by snowcapped »

My wife and I started watching the new "Jake Hilton" videos and something seemed strange right away. I said to my wife, "this is somehow going to be about money" We kept fast forwarding and trying to figure out what in the heck is going on. We jumped to the second video until we saw a $10 bill. Sure enough Jake has started his own church and he is begging on youtube for money. He was really excited how he proclaimed his new ministry is going to spread around the world once everyone sends him $30k a month. At first we thought it was funny then later we felt sad for him and his family. I am sorry Jake you have been deceived. You claim you come in the name of god but your eyes shine with dollar signs and false doctrine. I hope you and your family find your way back to the true gospel.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

snowcapped wrote:My wife and I started watching the new "Jake Hilton" videos and something seemed strange right away. I said to my wife, "this is somehow going to be about money" We kept fast forwarding and trying to figure out what in the heck is going on. We jumped to the second video until we saw a $10 bill. Sure enough Jake has started his own church and he is begging on youtube for money. He was really excited how he proclaimed his new ministry is going to spread around the world once everyone sends him $30k a month. At first we thought it was funny then later we felt sad for him and his family. I am sorry Jake you have been deceived. You claim you come in the name of god but your eyes shine with dollar signs and false doctrine. I hope you and your family find your way back to the true gospel.
Thanks for the update.

So sad how these people fall off the deep end. I hope he doesn't deceive too many.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

snowcapped wrote:My wife and I started watching the new "Jake Hilton" videos and something seemed strange right away. I said to my wife, "this is somehow going to be about money" We kept fast forwarding and trying to figure out what in the heck is going on. We jumped to the second video until we saw a $10 bill. Sure enough Jake has started his own church and he is begging on youtube for money. He was really excited how he proclaimed his new ministry is going to spread around the world once everyone sends him $30k a month. At first we thought it was funny then later we felt sad for him and his family. I am sorry Jake you have been deceived. You claim you come in the name of god but your eyes shine with dollar signs and false doctrine. I hope you and your family find your way back to the true gospel.

Whats this 30K a month? Did he actually start his own church? Wow, I met the guy once awhile back but he was not anywhere near into those things back then. Where did you find this info, I would curious to see.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Who is Jake Hilton? Was he LDS?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Spider wrote:Who is Jake Hilton? Was he LDS?
Yes he was LDS. I hadn't heard of him until reading about him here on the forum. I think you'll find out more from reading this thread through, and there might be other threads on him, possibly.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I repent of what I said earlier about Jake. It's sad, but I think he has gone rogue. So long, dear brother.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

From what you say, it sounds like he's started his own church.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Yes, that is what his sister said over a year ago. ^^

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

"The Time Is Now" - now where have I heard that phrase used as a title for an authored work before? Since Jake's videos post-date Julie's book by a year then I have to wonder if there is some influence there in his choice of that title, even if perhaps subconsciously. It seems, from other people's comments, that he is aware of the teachings of a call-out. Could Jake be potentially trying to tap into the successes of Julie? Or is it just a happy coincidence? :-?

Anyway, about the subject of this thread. I just started reading the posts in this thread from snowcapped's comments from February 6 onward. Not knowing anything about this Jake Hilton, and taking AI2.0's advice, I started from the beginning and decided to watch the first linked video. I tried to be open, but admittedly was probably biased from having read the last few posts about Jake having left the Church and starting his own. Anyhow, I began watching part 1 of his "The Time is NOW" series but only got about 14 minutes into it before I had heard enough for myself. Here, then, are some of my thoughts from his presentation thus far:

1. (0:30-1:38) His opening statements and premise for the videos seem good and commendable enough. Leaving spiritual Babylon and becoming a better disciple of Christ - who doesn't want that? However, there are a couple of things that bothered me. Firstly (and this isn't just limited to this segment of the video, but throughout), the way he presents himself and material. Technically it's very good - he's dressed well, he speaks clearly and to the point, his inflections are great, he's engaging, he's animated and expressive, etc., etc. There is nothing wrong with it per say, and all-in-all I would say that he appears to be a very good public speaker. And I guess that's what bothers me. Everything seems calculated, designed, practiced and presented as a public speaker or businessman would - someone who has been carefully taught and trained in the ways of the world to sell a product or sway the public to their views. Significantly, to me, what seems to be missing, is the Spirit. And when teaching, especially gospel related materials, the Spirit is what is needed most. "And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach" (D&C 42:14) and again "Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way? And if it be by some other way it is not of God" (D&C 50:17-18).

Secondly, after having watched 14 minutes into the video, then coming back and reading all the posts in this thread, and then beginning to watch the video again, I can't shake the feeling that he is following the same pattern as Snuffer and the other apostates who advocate seeking after Christ while dismissing or rejecting His anointed servants. Indeed, even though he never mentions the Church here it seems almost as if he is insinuating that the Church isn't doing enough to bring people to Christ and therefore he's taking it upon himself to do this. And maybe I'm reading between the lines, but I could almost believe that in a way he's insinuating or interpreting "Babylon" as being the Church.

2. (1:38-6:06) His Youtube spiel. I wouldn't have even noticed or given it any thought that he had disabled comments and ratings for his Youtube videos, except for the fact that he brought it up and talked about it for nearly five minutes. The very fact that he drew my attention to it and spent five minutes explaining his reasoning for doing so caused me to think, whether true or not, that he was desperately trying to hide something or suppress negative reviews. While there may be good reasons to moderate or disable comments his explanation seemed rather forced and contrived. The more he tried to justify it and explain his reasoning the more I felt turned off to his explanation and that he had ulterior motives for doing so, namely that he didn't want negative comments or ratings influencing other people's view of his presentations.

Also, even though he was talking about Youtube specifically, I couldn't help but feel that he had the Church in mind when when he started talking about "cultural majorities" and how we should reject such things.

3. (6:06-12:00) Jake's explanation for who the videos are intended for seemed rather elitest and exclusive, calculated to appeal to a person's pride. Only the passionate followers of Jesus Christ are allowed or will understand his teachings; it is meant only for the "duolos," the "elect," the "illuminated," the "seekers of truth," "a chosen people unto [Christ], while others shall perish" (Alma 31:28). Goyim need not apply. Compare this with the words of Christ, who inviteth all to come unto Him (see Matthew 11:28; 3 Nephi 9:14; D&C 29:1-2; etc.).

4. (12:00-13:00) Essentially declares that his (Jake's) teachings are one and the same as Christ's, and all who reject his teachings reject Christ's teachings. Furthermore, that what he (Jake) is about to teach and will "reveal" is essential for salvation and eternal life. He even goes so far as to say (borrowing from the words of Christ in scripture) that it would be better for people to not watch his videos than to watch it and reject it. @-) Rather bold (and false, I might add) statements for him to be making.

5. (13:00-13:55) He's clearly talking about members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here. He essentially says those who attend Church are not receiving the fullness of the gospel, a fullness which he will reveal to them in these videos. He even insinuates the scripture in Amos 8:11-13 as describing the Church.

At this point I had heard enough and stopped watching the video.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

Jake looks a lot different from when I saw him last....I have not kept up with his videos. I did watch most of this one just tonight:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBorIGeXsz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently he is giving all his work for free, and I understand he will accept donations, but that is not required. That is nice to know. He mentions some people in his last year whom he believes are going to God in the wrong ways and he believes they are deceived and not seeing Christ (as some have claimed)

Awhile back i understood he was part of a prayer group and I believe some of them claimed visions. I also think many of them believed in MMP, and eventually becoming a messiah yourself. I do not know what jake believes on that.,

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

I stopped watching right around the part where he said that gay marriage was an abomination because they cannot multiply and replenish the earth. Uhh…I know a lot of heterosexual people that are unable to reproduce, either because of age, health issues, inborn defects, etc. But I’m sure he has no problem with them marrying. Maybe he’s not as intelligent as he thinks he is?

THE BOB
Hi, I'm new.

Post by THE BOB »

My wife and I happened upon some of Mr Hilton's material while reading about a particular last days topic and found his material to be very interesting and probable. We decided to watch his very long, drawn out, and extremely redundant documentaries (I pulled up a Monty Pythons "get on with it" montage in another tab and played it frequently to help poor Mr Hilton along) to see what else he had to say. We watched about 16 hours of this guy. 16 hours I could have used to learn needlework or something useful.

The Time is Near was very interesting. We moved on to the Time is Now part 1. Very similar in delivery to the Time is Near; a little more angry, and haughty and obviously very resentful towards LDS churchgoers. We then started part 2. A much more angry and haughty Jake Hilton, very condescending person.Who does this guy think he is, God's gift to mankind?

We stopped about 1 1/2 hours into the apparently anti-Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints video. We then searched for information about this guy and found this thread.After reading every post, which is a new thing for me, we skipped ahead to part 3c, which thing Mr Hilton tells you over and over again not to do. instead of watching the whole 6 hours, we sampled. absolutely apostate. His appearance was tired and empty.

Two observations: 1)this is when I actually realized that the Time is Now is 50 hours long :-S . 2) Through our 16 hour adventure I frequently commented how odd it is this guy does not face his audience.

At the end of part 3c Mr Hilton faces his audience and tells them he has been visited and blessed in an unintelligible language by angels, and he has seen and handled Christ. without saying it he explains that he is Christ's prophet on Earth and that its inhabitants will be saved by him, Mr Hilton.

When I watch conference I strongly feel the Spirit. When I watched Mr Hilton I never once felt the fruits of the Spirit, even when on an intellectual level he is explaining something interesting and probably correct. The Holy Ghost is completely absent. When I watched the end of part 3c the spiritual impressions were extremely dark and a sick feeling lingered for at least 24 hours. I had a bad headache that night. His face, as well, was simply put not right at all, very very creepy. About 3:00 we had to pray fervently to get the yucky feeling we had let in our home to go away.

I hope this will not generate interest. What I would say to you is run away, fast and far. Don't touch this Korihor rubbish with a barge pole. Do not look into his eyes. @-)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

SamFisher wrote: November 26th, 2015, 1:26 pm This Jake Hilton guy is a joke. If a priesthood holder shows up to church with hair like that, I'd call into question his priorities regarding the gospel and Church. He seeks popularity, and that should be self evident. I don't know how anyone takes him seriously.
I also judge people by their looks. If either of guys showed up at my church, I'd be like "Hey, get out of here, long hair!":

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

THE BOB wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:08 pm My wife and I happened upon some of Mr Hilton's material while reading about a particular last days topic and found his material to be very interesting and probable. We decided to watch his very long, drawn out, and extremely redundant documentaries (I pulled up a Monty Pythons "get on with it" montage in another tab and played it frequently to help poor Mr Hilton along) to see what else he had to say. We watched about 16 hours of this guy. 16 hours I could have used to learn needlework or something useful.

The Time is Near was very interesting. We moved on to the Time is Now part 1. Very similar in delivery to the Time is Near; a little more angry, and haughty and obviously very resentful towards LDS churchgoers. We then started part 2. A much more angry and haughty Jake Hilton, very condescending person.Who does this guy think he is, God's gift to mankind?

We stopped about 1 1/2 hours into the apparently anti-Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints video. We then searched for information about this guy and found this thread.After reading every post, which is a new thing for me, we skipped ahead to part 3c, which thing Mr Hilton tells you over and over again not to do. instead of watching the whole 6 hours, we sampled. absolutely apostate. His appearance was tired and empty.

Two observations: 1)this is when I actually realized that the Time is Now is 50 hours long :-S . 2) Through our 16 hour adventure I frequently commented how odd it is this guy does not face his audience.

At the end of part 3c Mr Hilton faces his audience and tells them he has been visited and blessed in an unintelligible language by angels, and he has seen and handled Christ. without saying it he explains that he is Christ's prophet on Earth and that its inhabitants will be saved by him, Mr Hilton.

When I watch conference I strongly feel the Spirit. When I watched Mr Hilton I never once felt the fruits of the Spirit, even when on an intellectual level he is explaining something interesting and probably correct. The Holy Ghost is completely absent. When I watched the end of part 3c the spiritual impressions were extremely dark and a sick feeling lingered for at least 24 hours. I had a bad headache that night. His face, as well, was simply put not right at all, very very creepy. About 3:00 we had to pray fervently to get the yucky feeling we had let in our home to go away.

I hope this will not generate interest. What I would say to you is run away, fast and far. Don't touch this Korihor rubbish with a barge pole. Do not look into his eyes. @-)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on his videos, it was very informative.
I'm still reeling at the thought that he expects people to watch all his videos, in order and they are so loooooooooooooong. =p~