The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Still Learning
captain of 100

The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Post by Still Learning »

Has anyone seen this new series by Jake Hilton? I thoroughly enjoyed the first series - Only A Matter Of Time.

if you have seen this - skip through to where he talks about the Mark of the Beast and Islam. Possibly the most compelling I have heard.

https://youtu.be/aH0SYG6OQXA

Valiant85
Hi, I'm new.

Re: The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Post by Valiant85 »

I watched the entire series and also the Leaving Babylon. At first I was skeptical (mostly because of his long hair, I know, judgmental) but I can honestly say I've learned a lot and I'm feeling the power of the scriptures in my life....and that can only be a good thing!

mmadr
captain of 10

Post by mmadr »

I really like his content, most of it seems spot on. Though he can be hard to listen to sometimes.

Curtis99
captain of 10

Post by Curtis99 »

Yes, I watched these (his first series) once with my spouse and then again with our older children (11 & 15). We enjoyed them very much and have shared them with friends and family.
Last edited by Curtis99 on November 15th, 2015, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

I have met Jake, cool guy. I think he is a really good presenter. I have enjoyed his videos a lot. Before he really got serious about Jesus, he had a phase with trying out for america ninja. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbGamXVf8I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Still Learning wrote:Has anyone seen this new series by Jake Hilton? I thoroughly enjoyed the first series - Only A Matter Of Time.

if you have seen this - skip through to where he talks about the Mark of the Beast and Islam. Possibly the most compelling I have heard.

https://youtu.be/aH0SYG6OQXA
Thanks for posting this. I watched from 2:18 to 2:48 and a bit more before calling it a night. Very interesting. If he is correct then it sheds light on Rev. 14:9-10. http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 09298.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garbec
captain of 50

Post by garbec »

My favorite Jake thought is:

"Is Climate change real? Absolutely! But, it is not caused by Carbon Dioxide; It is caused by wickedness on the earth."

BenjaminHarrison
captain of 10

Post by BenjaminHarrison »

The mark/name of the beast is the best explanation I have heard yet, and believe this is what John was talking about.

manton
captain of 10

Post by manton »

Been watching parts of it, I teared up at the part where he shows David Wilkerson's call to anguish. Definitely a man inspired of heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGMG_PVaJoI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish we could have that kind of passion in our sacrament meetings.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

The only part that bugs me so far (I'm half way through the 2nd video) is how negative he is about ecclesiastical help. My bishop pointed me on the correct path to God. The bishop never pretended to be able to forgive or to save, but helped me find the narrow way. I've been seeking Christ ever since. He's super repetitive at times and SO SLOW in making a point, but there's a ton of good information in them.

-- Geoff

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I'm not familiar with Jake Hilton, but on another thread I was reading, I saw this post and thought it was most likely the same person. Those who do know of him, do you think his sister is wrong in thinking he's lost his faith?
"I haven't read AVOW in some time, but in light of Julie Rowe announcing that she is in fact writing a third book, I was curious to see what people were saying. Ran across something about Jake Hilton first thing. Apparently his sister has written a message and sent it
To some people who were Facebook friends with him.

"I saw that you know my brother Jake Hilton...I think a little more needs to be shared about what's going on with him and his final documentary. My spirit hasn't been weighed down this heavy in a long time and my family is desperate for help. My brother has gone apostate, and this will be apparent in his final documentary. My family in many ways has been lain down "upon our sickbeds" over this. I feel as though my brother has died, and the devil has replaced him. His final documentary explains--with "scriptural evidence"-- why the church has gone astray--and it's being worked on being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. He has been visited by a "personage" whom he believes is Jesus Christ. He can't see past his own pride, and doesn't realize that this was the devil in the guise of an angel of light, or it might have been an actual Anti-Christ--who possesses a body. This is why he's so lost right now. Please--with all the energy of my soul--please pray that the glitches which have been happening with his documentary upload will continue, and that it won't see the light of day. Here's my Halloween message: the devil is quite real--I know this personally. He uses the "very elect" and those who are persuasive speakers and have "much learning" to lead the weak and questioning members of the church astray. After the movie is uploaded, my brother will move his family to a cult near Canada and we will probably never see him, or my beloved 1 year old niece Rhea, again. Please pray that he will be "shocked" somehow into confessing what Kirihor eventually did: "the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: go and reclaim this people, for many have all gone astray after an unknown God". Please pray for him to have an Alma the Younger experience, that he may no longer "murder" many of God's children as outlined in Alma 36:14. Like the church in Mosiah's time, there is power in collective prayer. Thanks"

I guess the sifting is going on everywhere.

These users thanked the author capctr for the post (total 2):
LDScop • Robin Hood
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40705

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

This Jake Hilton guy is a joke. If a priesthood holder shows up to church with hair like that, I'd call into question his priorities regarding the gospel and Church. He seeks popularity, and that should be self evident. I don't know how anyone takes him seriously.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

SamFisher wrote:This Jake Hilton guy is a joke. If a priesthood holder shows up to church with hair like that, I'd call into question his priorities regarding the gospel and Church. He seeks popularity, and that should be self evident. I don't know how anyone takes him seriously.
If his 50+ hour "teaching" on YouTube does not suit your fancy you might want to catch his American Ninja Warrior entry videos. He's got short hair there. ;)
Last edited by Todd on November 27th, 2015, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

I think the hair gives him character, not the same old high and tight of the mormon men masses. I have enjoyed his videos. I can only imagine the amount of work to do all that. I did not know about his sister saying he is apostate or whatever. As for his attention seeking, maybe? I will take truth from wherever, and he has some good things to say overall thus far...so does that brother Nathaniel dude. Heck even I have a lot of good things to say even though I don't always agree with all of it lol

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

SamFisher wrote:This Jake Hilton guy is a joke. If a priesthood holder shows up to church with hair like that, I'd call into question his priorities regarding the gospel and Church. He seeks popularity, and that should be self evident. I don't know how anyone takes him seriously.
That is an extremely vain perspective to put on priesthood leaders as you should not be judging members on their outward appearance. His hair is well groomed and that has no bearing on his ability to be a priesthood leader, a worth priesthood holder or an outstanding member of the church.

I watched through the video in the opening. I though it was presented well and professionally. He speculates as to what will happen in the future but made it very clear with a disclaimer at the beginning and numerous times throughout the video that this was his personal opinion, which is fair. I think he made the videos closer in style to what a lot of other Christian YouTube video people do, so I guess he's hoping to get a few non-lds people watching as well.

Tetraman
captain of 100

Post by Tetraman »

I just spent a lot of time listening to part1, part2, and the introduction to part3 of his presentation.

So for what it's worth, here are some of my personal impressions:
First, his hair does not bother me all.

His form of preaching is very similar to the evangelists I have listened to on Youtube. He takes hours to say things that could have been explained in much shorter time. He presents his interpretation of scripture as superior because of his experience. This gives me the impression that he is arrogant and full of himself. Most of his theories and ideas on the signs of the time can be found floating around on the internet.
At least he admits that they are theories. I like his interpretation of the mark of the beast, it makes for sense to me than 666.

Part 2 gets more into doctrine that can be intellectually backed up with scripture. He certainly has studied Jewish traditions and literature; however, I get the feeling that he is very cleverly twisting some things ever so slightly, like his watering down the meaning of what we call an apostle, base on the original meaning of the root of the word. He has carefully picked his scriptures to prove his points while conveniently ignoring others. Another thing that bothers me is he issues warnings of consequences as if he himself has authority to do so, not exactly what would be considered humble preaching. He certainly takes time to belittles LDS leadership.

He baits his final message by saying you will be damned if you hear it and don't accept it.... using words from D&C 132 - but I think he is misusing the warning words given there to mean his intellectual interpretation of the doctrine. Interestingly he warns of mingling scripture with precepts of men when personally I think that's exactly what he is doing.
Just my personal impressions: This man is a sly one.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

If the hair is a bother, you may want to work on that before Jesus gets back...rumor has it he likes His long too. :)

I certainly dislike his attitude toward Bishops and lay leadership. I like the "get a personal confirmation of your calling" approach. But he totally discredits bishops in general. Red flag.

And the "accept it or be damned", well, yeah, very arrogant. While true in the sense of accepting all the truths of the gospel, Jake's truths could be falshoods. Red flag.

Biggest red flag for me: "Slaves of Jesus Christ"?!? He makes it sound like misery. I think this is a HUGE misleading view of the mission and eternal role of Jesus Christ. He redeemed us and yes, to him (the Father really) we are forever indebted, but it makes it seem dark and dreadful they way he explains it. I believe this is enough for me to shut it off. Almost made me sick the feeling I got when he ranted about it.

sorry I ever posted this thread. I still like his first series but this was blasphemous in my eyes.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Still Learning wrote:If the hair is a bother, you may want to work on that before Jesus gets back...rumor has it he likes His long too. :)

I certainly dislike his attitude toward Bishops and lay leadership. I like the "get a personal confirmation of your calling" approach. But he totally discredits bishops in general. Red flag.

And the "accept it or be damned", well, yeah, very arrogant. While true in the sense of accepting all the truths of the gospel, Jake's truths could be falshoods. Red flag.

Biggest red flag for me: "Slaves of Jesus Christ"?!? He makes it sound like misery. I think this is a HUGE misleading view of the mission and eternal role of Jesus Christ. He redeemed us and yes, to him (the Father really) we are forever indebted, but it makes it seem dark and dreadful they way he explains it. I believe this is enough for me to shut it off. Almost made me sick the feeling I got when he ranted about it.

sorry I ever posted this thread. I still like his first series but this was blasphemous in my eyes.
I'm glad you posted it, thanks. I had not heard of this guy before.

I'm not surprised you liked his first series, I suspect most of these people start out saying things that are appreciated by their audience and that is how their influence grows. It isn't till they've got people hooked that they start showing their alternative side. I would assume Jim Harmston's study groups would have been very interesting and worthwhile when he first started holding them...but eventually, we know that he started to veer off course and go farther and farther after his own doctrines till he wound up in Manti with a number of polygamous wives and his own cult.

IMO, Jake Hilton is an example of one of the 'false teachers' who will arise in the last days and it shows how important it is for us to listen to the counsel of our church leaders and not follow after people who would tell us otherwise. It sounds like from the description given that this guy has a problem with church leaders. Most likely he's had some struggles with his leaders as they've tried to counsel him.....

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

AI2.0 wrote:I'm not familiar with Jake Hilton, but on another thread I was reading, I saw this post and thought it was most likely the same person. Those who do know of him, do you think his sister is wrong in thinking he's lost his faith?
"I haven't read AVOW in some time, but in light of Julie Rowe announcing that she is in fact writing a third book, I was curious to see what people were saying. Ran across something about Jake Hilton first thing. Apparently his sister has written a message and sent it
To some people who were Facebook friends with him.

"I saw that you know my brother Jake Hilton...I think a little more needs to be shared about what's going on with him and his final documentary. My spirit hasn't been weighed down this heavy in a long time and my family is desperate for help. My brother has gone apostate, and this will be apparent in his final documentary. My family in many ways has been lain down "upon our sickbeds" over this. I feel as though my brother has died, and the devil has replaced him. His final documentary explains--with "scriptural evidence"-- why the church has gone astray--and it's being worked on being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. He has been visited by a "personage" whom he believes is Jesus Christ. He can't see past his own pride, and doesn't realize that this was the devil in the guise of an angel of light, or it might have been an actual Anti-Christ--who possesses a body. This is why he's so lost right now. Please--with all the energy of my soul--please pray that the glitches which have been happening with his documentary upload will continue, and that it won't see the light of day. Here's my Halloween message: the devil is quite real--I know this personally. He uses the "very elect" and those who are persuasive speakers and have "much learning" to lead the weak and questioning members of the church astray. After the movie is uploaded, my brother will move his family to a cult near Canada and we will probably never see him, or my beloved 1 year old niece Rhea, again. Please pray that he will be "shocked" somehow into confessing what Kirihor eventually did: "the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: go and reclaim this people, for many have all gone astray after an unknown God". Please pray for him to have an Alma the Younger experience, that he may no longer "murder" many of God's children as outlined in Alma 36:14. Like the church in Mosiah's time, there is power in collective prayer. Thanks"

I guess the sifting is going on everywhere.

These users thanked the author capctr for the post (total 2):
LDScop • Robin Hood
His journey sounds a lot like that of Sterling Allen. Very intelligent seeker of scriptural application that lets pride get the best of him and take him away from the safety of the Lords restored kingdom on earth. So many intellectuals seem to fall into this trap of thinking they know so much that they become a law unto themselves. Reminds me of Nibleys wise words:

"A principle as strong as that of free agency itself exists from eternity to eternity. We read about that principle in the book of Abraham—There is a head. There must always be a head: "In the spirit of my calling, and in view of the authority of the Priesthood that has been conferred upon me, it would be my duty to reprove whatever I esteemed to be wrong."48 Joseph did not hesitate to cut off the highest authorities in that capacity. Would any impostor have dared to excommunicate such powerful and ambitious men as William E. McLellan, Thomas B. Marsh, David W. Patton, William W. Phelps, John Whitmer, Orson Hyde, and others—men who knew all about the personal affairs of Joseph and whether there had been any serious transgressions in his past? He said, "We do not consider ourselves bound to receive any revelation from any one man or woman [everybody has a perfect right to revelation—all he wants] without his being legally constituted and ordained to that authority, and giving sufficient proof of it."49 Many should take this to heart today. Many a character has come up to me and said, "Brother Nibley, the Lord has revealed to me that you should give me an 'A.' " Well, all I have to say is that we do not feel bound by any such revelation. No member of the Church has any right to publish any doctrine of the Church. You can have all the ideas you want but may not publish them as doctrines of a church without first submitting them to the leaders for their approval. This does not cramp anyone's style. "Any person," Joseph Smith said, "can ask the Lord for a witness concerning himself, and get an answer, but not to lead the Church."50 That belongs to the head of the Church. This doesn't make a tyrant of the leader. The keys of the priesthood were committed to Joseph to build up the kingdom, but when he was called to preside over the Church, it was by the voice of the people. This is strong stuff: "Leaders are not to be blindly followed."51 "Suppose that the people were heedless, that they manifested no concern with regard to the things of the kingdom of God, but threw the whole burden [of leadership] upon the leaders of the people, saying, 'If the brethren who take charge of matters are satisfied, we are,' this is not pleasing in the sight of the Lord."52 Nothing is automatic. The spirit must always lead."

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

I'm down w Jake.
He is living The Gospel as Christ would want us.

2 hrs into 2nd video.
Looks like he's met 2nd Comforter based on his sister's post in this thread and then her head exploded.

He will be find at Judgment Day, unlike a few posters here.

njb

Sir
captain of 10

Post by Sir »

I don't fully agree that the entire BoM took place in North America because I served in Ecuador, and my mission president said when it was first opened and dedicated by I think Spencer Kimball, he said that area has the highest concentration of lamanite blood anywhere on the earth... I don't know about him, but I'll keep watching

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

I feel like to many people attack the messenger much of the time, and bypass the message itself. I have watched several hours of Jake's video's and I have studied enough on my own, and I think to know enough on my own to realize jake has a lot of truth to offer. If as some say Jake is basically reeling people in to deceive them later on type stuff….well, a person that loves truth should be able to see that. It is true there have been many people in the past like Harmston, Collier, Crossfield, and others who seemed to start out in study groups or whatever, and then pulled the people in and then grabbed authority and twisted doctrine. I would hope someone who actually studies for themselves in God would catch that garbage and know when to walk away. As for Jake, from what I have watched so far I don't see anything that would suggest he is reeling people in for the kill so to speak. Even if he is this bad man getting ready to twist and contort doctrine after he has his followers in tow, it does not take away from all the truths he has presented in his videos thus far. I appreciate the work he has done and I think he is an excellent presenter. I would hope no people are dumb enough to be some of apollos, cephas, daddy, jake, snuffer,etc but many are. But the message itself IF TRUE stands on its own in God regardless…overall I see his videos so far having much truth. Do I think it is all truth, no….for if you or I did hours of gospel presentation we would not get everything right either, and Jake or Snuffer, or whoever can't be expected to either.

I am curious as to these new set of videos supposedly coming out that are supposed to be apostate? Then it may be asked what is apostate….that would be a hot tempered thread!

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

After watching Jake's lengthy video, I boiled down his core message to: we need to repent and become righteous to survive the coming day of the Lord, not just store food and guns. I'm ok with that. Did anyone else get a different message?
Last edited by Todd on November 29th, 2015, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Nope

Valiant85
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Valiant85 »

I've been watching all of Jake Hilton's videos pretty closely. What attracted me from the beginning was his knowledge of scriptures. But even from the beginning, I've felt troubled that I don't feel like he teaches with the Spirit. That's just MY feeling, as I watch the videos. He seems to teach with an underlying feeling of superiority and negativity that isn't completely and purely inspiring and ennobling. It's hard to describe, but I definitely feel it each time. I was willing to put those feelings aside, just to see where he went with his videos, but the last part of 3A has been weighing on me for these reasons:

1. He makes it very clear at the beginning of video 3A that this video is for the elect ONLY. He makes a big deal about clicking on the link of the video and states more than once, that for those who choose to view the video, they will be condemned if they do not follow the teachings. I didn't feel good about him flattering the viewer in this way for one, but to go as far as damnation if we choose to disagree with his teachings?? It was wrong.

2. He doesn't have anything good to say about church leaders, BYU, or the organization of the church. I can understand if there are things that can be improved in the church, but to feel disdain for the church is just something entirely inappropriate. I can see how his feelings on this matter alone could constitute apostasy.

3. He states at the end of 3A that true followers of Christ should not celebrate Christmas or Easter because of their pagan roots. We should worship Christ in the way that He wants to be worshipped. In other words, we should be observing all of the Jewish Feast and Festivals and those only. By doing so, we will be prepared for and looking forward to the Second Coming. He is currently writing a book with his wife which will be called "Better than Christmas, better than Easter." Anything else is considered an evil tradition that needs to be thrown out by true followers of Jesus Christ.

4. He talks about how the Sabbath day needs to be observed on Saturday, like the Lord originally intended it to be. And how observing the Sabbath on a Sunday is another pagan tradition which needs to be thrown out as another unrighteous tradition. If he believes what he teaches, then he must be okay with not attending his church meetings and partaking of the sacrament right??

I've enjoyed a large portion of his teachings from the scriptures, especially ones from the Book of Mormon, but I can't deny that He discredits the prophet and apostles, He is teaching things contrary to what the prophet and other leaders have been inspired to do, and I just don't feel right about it.