The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
RocknRoll
captain of 100

Re: The Time Is Now - Jake Hilton

Post by RocknRoll »

I stopped watching right around the part where he said that gay marriage was an abomination because they cannot multiply and replenish the earth. Uhh…I know a lot of heterosexual people that are unable to reproduce, either because of age, health issues, inborn defects, etc. But I’m sure he has no problem with them marrying. Maybe he’s not as intelligent as he thinks he is?

THE BOB
Hi, I'm new.

Post by THE BOB »

My wife and I happened upon some of Mr Hilton's material while reading about a particular last days topic and found his material to be very interesting and probable. We decided to watch his very long, drawn out, and extremely redundant documentaries (I pulled up a Monty Pythons "get on with it" montage in another tab and played it frequently to help poor Mr Hilton along) to see what else he had to say. We watched about 16 hours of this guy. 16 hours I could have used to learn needlework or something useful.

The Time is Near was very interesting. We moved on to the Time is Now part 1. Very similar in delivery to the Time is Near; a little more angry, and haughty and obviously very resentful towards LDS churchgoers. We then started part 2. A much more angry and haughty Jake Hilton, very condescending person.Who does this guy think he is, God's gift to mankind?

We stopped about 1 1/2 hours into the apparently anti-Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints video. We then searched for information about this guy and found this thread.After reading every post, which is a new thing for me, we skipped ahead to part 3c, which thing Mr Hilton tells you over and over again not to do. instead of watching the whole 6 hours, we sampled. absolutely apostate. His appearance was tired and empty.

Two observations: 1)this is when I actually realized that the Time is Now is 50 hours long :-S . 2) Through our 16 hour adventure I frequently commented how odd it is this guy does not face his audience.

At the end of part 3c Mr Hilton faces his audience and tells them he has been visited and blessed in an unintelligible language by angels, and he has seen and handled Christ. without saying it he explains that he is Christ's prophet on Earth and that its inhabitants will be saved by him, Mr Hilton.

When I watch conference I strongly feel the Spirit. When I watched Mr Hilton I never once felt the fruits of the Spirit, even when on an intellectual level he is explaining something interesting and probably correct. The Holy Ghost is completely absent. When I watched the end of part 3c the spiritual impressions were extremely dark and a sick feeling lingered for at least 24 hours. I had a bad headache that night. His face, as well, was simply put not right at all, very very creepy. About 3:00 we had to pray fervently to get the yucky feeling we had let in our home to go away.

I hope this will not generate interest. What I would say to you is run away, fast and far. Don't touch this Korihor rubbish with a barge pole. Do not look into his eyes. @-)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

SamFisher wrote: November 26th, 2015, 1:26 pm This Jake Hilton guy is a joke. If a priesthood holder shows up to church with hair like that, I'd call into question his priorities regarding the gospel and Church. He seeks popularity, and that should be self evident. I don't know how anyone takes him seriously.
I also judge people by their looks. If either of guys showed up at my church, I'd be like "Hey, get out of here, long hair!":

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

THE BOB wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:08 pm My wife and I happened upon some of Mr Hilton's material while reading about a particular last days topic and found his material to be very interesting and probable. We decided to watch his very long, drawn out, and extremely redundant documentaries (I pulled up a Monty Pythons "get on with it" montage in another tab and played it frequently to help poor Mr Hilton along) to see what else he had to say. We watched about 16 hours of this guy. 16 hours I could have used to learn needlework or something useful.

The Time is Near was very interesting. We moved on to the Time is Now part 1. Very similar in delivery to the Time is Near; a little more angry, and haughty and obviously very resentful towards LDS churchgoers. We then started part 2. A much more angry and haughty Jake Hilton, very condescending person.Who does this guy think he is, God's gift to mankind?

We stopped about 1 1/2 hours into the apparently anti-Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints video. We then searched for information about this guy and found this thread.After reading every post, which is a new thing for me, we skipped ahead to part 3c, which thing Mr Hilton tells you over and over again not to do. instead of watching the whole 6 hours, we sampled. absolutely apostate. His appearance was tired and empty.

Two observations: 1)this is when I actually realized that the Time is Now is 50 hours long :-S . 2) Through our 16 hour adventure I frequently commented how odd it is this guy does not face his audience.

At the end of part 3c Mr Hilton faces his audience and tells them he has been visited and blessed in an unintelligible language by angels, and he has seen and handled Christ. without saying it he explains that he is Christ's prophet on Earth and that its inhabitants will be saved by him, Mr Hilton.

When I watch conference I strongly feel the Spirit. When I watched Mr Hilton I never once felt the fruits of the Spirit, even when on an intellectual level he is explaining something interesting and probably correct. The Holy Ghost is completely absent. When I watched the end of part 3c the spiritual impressions were extremely dark and a sick feeling lingered for at least 24 hours. I had a bad headache that night. His face, as well, was simply put not right at all, very very creepy. About 3:00 we had to pray fervently to get the yucky feeling we had let in our home to go away.

I hope this will not generate interest. What I would say to you is run away, fast and far. Don't touch this Korihor rubbish with a barge pole. Do not look into his eyes. @-)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on his videos, it was very informative.
I'm still reeling at the thought that he expects people to watch all his videos, in order and they are so loooooooooooooong. =p~