Where did the October Utah Earthquake idea come from?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
vene890
Hi, I'm new.

Where did the October Utah Earthquake idea come from?

Post by vene890 »

I'm just curious of to the origin of everyone talking about some giant earthquake in Utah this fall?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Re: Where did the October Utah Earthquake idea come from?

Post by Onsdag »

The TL:DR version is that a number of people had dreams wherein they saw a large earthquake in Utah in the fall, followed by a "call-out" the following spring. No dates were given, but one of the dreamers mentioned seeing certain planetary and/or star alignments at the time of the earthquake, which would be suggestive of a given year. A certain author who is popular with end-timers and who wrote a book about her supposed NDE wherein she claims to have seen future events, likely familiar with (and probably wanting to capitalize on) the above mentioned dreams and predictions, went on to strongly suggest (predict) to anyone who would listen to her that this earthquake would take place this year in October after General Conference.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I don't recall the "certain author who is popular with end-timers and who wrote a book..." ever stating in her two books that the earthquake would happen this fall.
However, I do recall another author, who is less discussed, also claimed a moderate fall earthquake, an invitation to gather the following winter / spring, and a much stronger earthquake shortly after that gathering. This author specifically stated that President Obama would be the last president before the nation is rebuilt, and that he would use the tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend the November election because he can't guarantee the results would be "fair." For Obama to use tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend elections, the gathering would have to happen in spring of 2016, and the first earthquake would have to happen soon.

itsallgood
captain of 50

Post by itsallgood »

Actually Nobody said it would happen in October. People on here just like to twist whatever they can to make it seem as though those who have had visions and experiences are wrong. I've heard "fall" mentioned for sure but not any specific year. We still have plenty of fall left this year!

itsallgood
captain of 50

Post by itsallgood »

brianj wrote:I don't recall the "certain author who is popular with end-timers and who wrote a book..." ever stating in her two books that the earthquake would happen this fall.
However, I do recall another author, who is less discussed, also claimed a moderate fall earthquake, an invitation to gather the following winter / spring, and a much stronger earthquake shortly after that gathering. This author specifically stated that President Obama would be the last president before the nation is rebuilt, and that he would use the tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend the November election because he can't guarantee the results would be "fair." For Obama to use tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend elections, the gathering would have to happen in spring of 2016, and the first earthquake would have to happen soon.

Why would it have to happen this year for Obama to use it as an excuse to put off the election? What about early next fall? You don't think he would call it off that late? Just curious.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Grossly paraphrasing: "There will be a fall earthquake that will serve as a warning to some, a few months later as winter is turning into spring there will be an invitation to gather, and in the months following the gathering tribulations will be unleashed. The President will take advantage of the tribulations and try to suspend the next election, claiming that he can't guarantee a fair outcome. He will refuse to accept the results of elections that do take place and will refuse to step down."

I haven't had any of these visions. I believe the general idea, and they seem reasonable, but I wonder if parts of the visions could have been misinterpreted. Did the people seeing visions see something representing the President at the time and conclude it was Obama? Could it be the next President and the author I mentioned assumed it was Obama? I wonder.

As for me, I sincerely hope that the tribulations do come next year. I am one of many suffering in the current economy and I would be pleased to see the corruption that is hurting so many come to an immediate end. I also hope that we have another four years - it would represent four years of hope that I am able to find a decent job and pursue a few more dreams in the current world.

JJJJ130
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JJJJ130 »

..." another author, who is less discussed, also claimed a moderate fall earthquake, an invitation to gather the following winter / spring, and a much stronger earthquake shortly after that gathering. This author specifically stated that President Obama would be the last president before the nation is rebuilt, and that he would use the tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend the November election because he can't guarantee the results would be "fair." For Obama to use tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend elections, the gathering would have to happen in spring of 2016, and the first earthquake would have to happen soon.
I am familiar with the first author mentioned, but who is this one? I'm a late-comer to these things.
Thanks!!

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

JJJJ130 wrote:
..." another author, who is less discussed, also claimed a moderate fall earthquake, an invitation to gather the following winter / spring, and a much stronger earthquake shortly after that gathering. This author specifically stated that President Obama would be the last president before the nation is rebuilt, and that he would use the tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend the November election because he can't guarantee the results would be "fair." For Obama to use tribulations as an excuse to attempt to suspend elections, the gathering would have to happen in spring of 2016, and the first earthquake would have to happen soon.
I am familiar with the first author mentioned, but who is this one? I'm a late-comer to these things.
Thanks!!
I believe it was.....
Attachments
proof.jpg
proof.jpg (176.99 KiB) Viewed 4403 times

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

JJJJ130 wrote:
Thanks!!
Please disregard the immature post preceding this one.

http://smile.amazon.com/Change-Coming-H ... +is+coming

I found the book to be about a 90 minute read, but I am a fast reader. The first two or three chapters describe the author's background and weren't all that interesting to me, other than the claim that in vision he saw a wave completely cover Puerto Rico (highest point 4,393 feet above sea level). But after that beginning I found the book entertaining and interesting.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

brianj wrote:
JJJJ130 wrote:
Thanks!!

I found the book to be about a 90 minute read, but I am a fast reader. The first two or three chapters describe the author's background and weren't all that interesting to me, other than the claim that in vision he saw a wave completely cover Puerto Rico (highest point 4,393 feet above sea level). But after that beginning I found the book entertaining and interesting.
Thanks, Bro. :p

Seriously, stop wasting money on books by fortune tellers. Take that $10.76 and buy food storage, the way PROPHETS advised you to do.

And we have both Julie Rowe and Hector to thank for the October Utah Earthquake prediction/prophecy/dream/event promotional materials. I think it's awesome that they have said experiences, but promoting/publishing/advertising them is dangerous to both the church at large and themselves specifically.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

brianj wrote:I don't recall the "certain author who is popular with end-timers and who wrote a book..." ever stating in her two books that the earthquake would happen this fall.
She didn't make the claims in her books, but rather at several of her speaking engagements. Also, I'm not sure that she made the claims explicitly, but rather she made strong allusions to it, allowing her followers to make the connection themselves whilst giving herself plausible deniability in case it didn't happen.

I hate posting information that isn't backed up with references, but I don't have any available to me at the moment. Since I am going off memory, which very well may be faulty, then please forgive any errors and if someone knows better than please correct me. Basically, to the best of my knowledge, the fall earthquake predictions originated on ldsavow and/or the dreams and visions books. I'm not entirely sure who it originated from, but I do know that one fellow, known as "the temple dreamer," had and published a dream(s) wherein they claimed to see events leading up to a call-out, including an earthquake in the fall. He didn't list any dates but, as I mentioned before, did leave some cryptic details such as planetary/star alignments which be indicative of certain times/seasons. These dreams were posted on avow, sometime in the mid-late 2000's if I remember correctly, and later reprinted in one of the dreams and visions books. Of course it caused a stir and other people came forth with their dreams/visions that would corroborate with his of a strong earthquake in the fall proceeding a spring call-out and then a cataclysmic earthquake the following fall after the call-out.

Some other people researched the possible dates, based upon the planetary/star alignments, and announced the call-out could happen in 2012 (which also coincided with the elections (George Albert Smith prophecy) and the end of the Mayan calendar). Of course these things never panned out, but that hasn't stopped people from speculating and predicting that these things are just around the corner and still in our future.

Then along comes 'Spencer' of visions of glory fame who also wrote in his book of a fall earthquake. Though, as I haven't read this book I'm not entirely certain, but I believe he doesn't necessarily talk about a call-out.

The next person to show up and capitalize on the fall earthquake followed by a spring call-out belief, however, was Julie Rowe, who was the author I mentioned previously. She was on avow before writing her books and likely picked it up from there. She didn't write about it, but she often inculcated the belief publicly at her speaking engagements. This transferred the teachings of a fall earthquake and spring call-out from a relatively obscure website and group more into the mainstream culture and public sphere.

Following her is Hector Sosa with his book. I haven't read this one either, but as I understand it he closely mirrors Julie's teachings.

Is there anyone else I'm missing?

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Dont forget Jonathan Kahn's "Harbinger" and "Mystery of the Shemitah"

Kahn called attention to the "blood moons" and the final blood moon during Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) in October.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

There was a 2.9 Earthquake today near Spanish Fork UT. Did anyone feel that one?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

iWriteStuff wrote:
brianj wrote:http://smile.amazon.com/Change-Coming-H ... +is+coming

Seriously, stop wasting money on books by fortune tellers. Take that $10.76 and buy food storage, the way PROPHETS advised you to do.

And we have both Julie Rowe and Hector to thank for the October Utah Earthquake prediction/prophecy/dream/event promotional materials. I think it's awesome that they have said experiences, but promoting/publishing/advertising them is dangerous to both the church at large and themselves specifically.
If, after using the Look Inside feature at Amazon, I think the preview was interesting enough to continue reading, I will buy the Kindle edition. Print is dead. My Kindle Paperwhite and a solar charger weigh less than a pound and can hold a small library's worth of books.
Even after spending $8.99 on this book, I have enough money to mostly finish what I interpret as an instruction to have a 15 month food storage - three months of what we normally eat and a year's long term foods - within six weeks. Naturally we won't have three months worth of foods that perish in less than three months (fresh meat and produce, milk, etc) or three months worth of frozen foods we normally eat because of storage issues, but we have some substitutions. And that 15 month food storage will be for four, even though we are now a family of three. If a gathering happens, my ward has new teen and young adult converts and we will want to take one or two in, as my wife and I were each converts.

And don't forget these books are cheap entertainment. Reading Sosa's book twice took about three hours, and maybe one day I will read it again. I will be paying more than the cost of the print book to see Spectre (2.5 hours), The Force Awakens (2.25 hours), and maybe Mockingjay or The 33. Plus I will spend a lot more money, around $80 per ticket, to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet's new production of The Nutcracker.
I can't afford the travel I desire, but I certainly can afford some entertainment in addition to food storage and my needs.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

brianj wrote:
If, after using the Look Inside feature at Amazon, I think the preview was interesting enough to continue reading, I will buy the Kindle edition. Print is dead. My Kindle Paperwhite and a solar charger weigh less than a pound and can hold a small library's worth of books.
Even after spending $8.99 on this book, I have enough money to mostly finish what I interpret as an instruction to have a 15 month food storage - three months of what we normally eat and a year's long term foods - within six weeks. Naturally we won't have three months worth of foods that perish in less than three months (fresh meat and produce, milk, etc) or three months worth of frozen foods we normally eat because of storage issues, but we have some substitutions. And that 15 month food storage will be for four, even though we are now a family of three. If a gathering happens, my ward has new teen and young adult converts and we will want to take one or two in, as my wife and I were each converts.

And don't forget these books are cheap entertainment. Reading Sosa's book twice took about three hours, and maybe one day I will read it again. I will be paying more than the cost of the print book to see Spectre (2.5 hours), The Force Awakens (2.25 hours), and maybe Mockingjay or The 33. Plus I will spend a lot more money, around $80 per ticket, to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet's new production of The Nutcracker.
I can't afford the travel I desire, but I certainly can afford some entertainment in addition to food storage and my needs.
Admittedly, those are some great entertainment. I went to the PNB's nutcracker a couple times when I lived up there. Great stuff.

Kudos on the food storage. If nothing happens, it's still a good investment.

vene890
Hi, I'm new.

Post by vene890 »

Todd wrote:There was a 2.9 Earthquake today near Spanish Fork UT. Did anyone feel that one?
LOL!!!

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

image.jpg
image.jpg (83.68 KiB) Viewed 4013 times

littlemikey
captain of 100

Post by littlemikey »

I think the idea is the Fall of this year for the first of the larger EQs with the Rowe call-out the following Spring of 2016. Let's not forget that Fall lasts until Dec 21...Guess that would fit well into a timeline if you're looking for that...Here's to another 'Surviving The End of the World' for 2015!

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

:-B urrr....kinda duped?! like here it shows hamelins piper and a boy watches "panic".
so, perhaps a julie rowe movement, shmita stuff etc were part of the bigger mind control pre-designed program??!!
surely some lds people are in the duper/mind-controller side??!!

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepo ... edictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11.3/11.5 for quake hit??!!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40431#p657733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hamelin piper economist http://image.search.yahoo.co.jp/search? ... 0economist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

It's been over a year. No Earthquake. False prediction.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

#-o

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:
#-o

Hope springs eternal killjoy. :-$

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

iWriteStuff wrote:
brianj wrote:
JJJJ130 wrote:
Thanks!!

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

JJJJ130 wrote:I am familiar with the first author mentioned, but who is this one? I'm a late-comer to these things.
I don't worry about these things, because I normally believe they come from fear-mongers rather than prophecy, at least when they're pushed publically for questionable motives.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

It seems like it's always either April/May or October/November. I've wondered if it's supposed to be to coincide with a General Conference. Better to fleece visiting saints coming to see Conference.