Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Will September 14th 2015 see a crash of the economy because of the Shemitah?

Yes; the Shemitah cycle will continue and the U.S. economy will crash.
57%
No; 2001 and 2008 were coincidences and/or the Shemitah isn't real.
43%

Total votes: 54
vertigo
captain of 10

Re: Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Post by vertigo »

Yes, September 13, 2015 is the last day of the shemitah year (or sabbath year). When it ends it is either a blessing or a judgement on the nation. This was for Israel but since America is also a covenant nation under God , it is easy to assume the same judgements apply. Depending whether as a nation we have turned to God or not. What happens now will be a sign of what is to come.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

vertigo wrote:Yes, September 13, 2015 is the last day of the shemitah year (or sabbath year). When it ends it is either a blessing or a judgement on the nation. This was for Israel but since America is also a covenant nation under God , it is easy to assume the same judgements apply. Depending whether as a nation we have turned to God or not. What happens now will be a sign of what is to come.

Thank you! Someone who understands.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

durangout wrote:Tomorrow is the 13th!

I'm shaking in my boots!!!

NOT.
Do you know how much of a jerk you sound like? It's a cycle that can be traced back pre-great depression. Vertigo hit the nail on the head. This picture is from the emergency essentials website. It shows only a portion.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (797.9 KiB) Viewed 1997 times

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I think the economy is going to crash at some point. Probably not even in the too distant future. On Tuesday (15th)? Nope.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

christian.argyle wrote:

NOT.
Do you know how much of a jerk you sound like? It's a cycle that can be traced back pre-great depression. Vertigo hit the nail on the head. This picture is from the emergency essentials website. It shows only a portion.

I will fully admit I was wrong, don't have a clue about what I'm talking about AND a jerk if it does.

Just curious: If is doesn't, would you be willing to tell me I wasn't wrong, not a jerk and I do know what i'm talking about??? Didn't think so.

idahommie
captain of 100

Post by idahommie »

I'm disappointed that Emergency Essentials would be scare mongering so badly, they have been a go to company for our family.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

idahommie wrote:I'm disappointed that Emergency Essentials would be scare mongering so badly, they have been a go to company for our family.
I don't see it as scare-mongering at all. I see it as a call to get prepared.

We are nearing the tribulations and trials of the last days. I know this for a fact in my own life, as The Lord has given me numerous visions showing earthquake and calamity. Whether or not these happen within months or years, it is on it's way.

It is coming. Soon. All of these things have caused me to finalize all of my emergency preparedness materials.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

KurtTheMormon wrote:
idahommie wrote:I'm disappointed that Emergency Essentials would be scare mongering so badly, they have been a go to company for our family.
I don't see it as scare-mongering at all. I see it as a call to get prepared.

We are nearing the tribulations and trials of the last days. I know this for a fact in my own life, as The Lord has given me numerous visions showing earthquake and calamity. Whether or not these happen within months or years, it is on it's way.

It is coming. Soon. All of these things have caused me to finalize all of my emergency preparedness materials.

It's funny you call it scare mongering, because the data is indisputable. Either this has been one big string of coincidences, or many, many, warnings. I don't know about you, but I know God works in patterns. He is not spontaneous or chaotic. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The pattern has held up, and both the patterns of the Shmita and Blood Moon Tetrads are the real deal, until the cycle breaks.

And durangout, you really need to tone down whatever complex you have. You just come off as really whiny and annoying. Honestly. This is the "Last Days / Signs of the Times" subforum. These are signs of the times. Your skepticism is welcome, but your attitude isn't. Feel free to criticize the evidence presented, but you really need to calm down. You're not impressing anyone. I am just presenting the evidence.

Honestly, this is indisputable. There is historical evidence backing these two cycles, it's nothing you can't do your own research on.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

vertigo wrote:This was for Israel but since America is also a covenant nation under God....
Is it? What proof do you have that the nation as a whole is under a covenant similar to the law of Moses? Specifically, what part of our nation's history implies we kept the law of the Sabbatical Year and then turned away from it?

Israel was unique in that the entire nation made the covenant, then fell away. God promised a blessing for obedience and a cursing for disobedience. When they fell, it was as He promised them.

They understood the terms of the covenant when they made it. How is our history similar to theirs in terms of covenants? That's the part I never understood about the Shemitah theory. It's not really apples to apples, as far as I can tell.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

iWriteStuff wrote:
vertigo wrote:This was for Israel but since America is also a covenant nation under God....
Is it? What proof do you have that the nation as a whole is under a covenant similar to the law of Moses? Specifically, what part of our nation's history implies we kept the law of the Sabbatical Year and then turned away from it?

Israel was unique in that the entire nation made the covenant, then fell away. God promised a blessing for obedience and a cursing for disobedience. When they fell, it was as He promised them.

They understood the terms of the covenant when they made it. How is our history similar to theirs in terms of covenants? That's the part I never understood about the Shemitah theory. It's not really apples to apples, as far as I can tell.

I'll play the devil's advocate for a minute.

George Washington was the one who consecrated America to God. Of course, there's the religion divide, but you get the idea. How many times have the general authorities said WE are Israel? This is a choice land, a land that as long as it turns to God, will be preserved. How many times have we heard of our destruction we will be bringing upon ourselves by our unrighteous deeds? True, we aren't the same as ancient Israel, but we have many, many similarities. We are a special country, but if we keep turning from God the same judgements that ancient prophets prophecied will be upon us. One thing you cannot dispute is the Shmita cycle that is continuous, you can track it past the Great Depression. It applies to us whether we recognize it or not.

Whether or not you like Glenn Beck, listen to the link of a 14 minute segment I posted a few posts ago on this thread. He talks to a Jewish rabbi who talks a little bit about that, and a lot about the Shmita.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

christian.argyle wrote:Thoughts? It's only 14 minutes. Full of info. I don't care if you hate Glenn beck, this is important, also, there's a lot of evidence to support this.

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/beck-b ... athan-cahn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In this interview Cahn says something very similar to what I am expecting. There won't be a crash on the 14th, but sometime that week the economy will be shaken up - possibly a big drop in the stock markets, possibly something else, but the economy will survive. People won't recognize what happened as being from the hand of God, but will blame other people. Then in October we will see something more - I expect a natural disaster, specifically an earthquake. But instead of repenting, people will boast that they survived the big one and celebrate their own strength. Things will get worse over time, and in the first half of next year people will repeatedly ask what's happening but they will deny their own sin and refuse to change until the tribulations are so bad that they are genuinely humbled.

idahommie
captain of 100

Post by idahommie »

Already moving the yardsticks backwards.......this is the problem with those that like to predict the end of times, always move the yardsticks.........
Only prediction I'm going to make is Boise State beats BYU tonight.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I voted yes, I think the crash actually comes Tuesday though. Thee other half of the Shemita that Cahn discusses in the Harbingers but no one is discussing is that in addition to economic damages on the third 7 year cycle of warnings Israel was invaded. I am not a betting man but I have spent the last three years preparing my family with that in mind. I expect to see far more than economic destruction in the year ahead, with what occurs during the next week acting as a spring board for events to come. The calamitous events could also included the expected 1st earthquake along the Wasatch front this fall.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

christian.argyle wrote:

NOT.
The emergency essentials graphic is hardly compelling:

"The Antonine Plague" occurred in 165 thru 180 A.D. (3 years after the tetrad)

"Arab Invasion of Rome" occurred in 846 A.D. (4 years after the tetrad)

"Birth of Modern Israel" occurred in 1948 (more than a year prior to tetrad)

"Western Hemisphere Open to Europe" 1493 - hmmm, that seems like a stretch

Seriously, are there many years in world history that you couldn't pick out of a hat and come up with "significant" events? (give or take a year or two...)

Lame.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

idahommie wrote:Already moving the yardsticks backwards.......this is the problem with those that like to predict the end of times, always move the yardsticks.........
Make whatever accusations you want, but before deluding yourself how about taking an honest look at what I have said since joining this board. And if you could see what I was writing before joining this board, you would see the same pattern.

I have said we will have significant disruptions to life before the end of this year, specifically mentioning an earthquake and economic difficulty. Yes, some people think the economy will crash on Monday, but I am not one of them. And if you refuse to differentiate between different people and their beliefs, then you are lying to yourself and to us.

I have said that a big drop in the markets will happen later this year, and said it after the $2,000 drop in the Dow Jones Industrials this summer. I have also said I believe an earthquake will happen in Utah before Thanksgiving. Make a note of this post, or any other post where I have made the same assertion, and get back to me on Thanksgiving.

The fact that I disagree with the people who think a crash will happen on Monday in no way implies that the people who are expecting a crash on Monday are back pedaling. Please make a note of it.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

iWriteStuff wrote:Is it? What proof do you have that the nation as a whole is under a covenant similar to the law of Moses?
2 Nephi 1:6-7 wrote: 6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.

7 Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.
It happened to the Jaredites. It also happened to the Nephites. And it will happen to us. Zion will be our only refuge from the destruction that is surely coming. And you're right: when it comes, the stock market will be the least of our worries.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

durangout wrote:
christian.argyle wrote:

NOT.

I will fully admit I was wrong, don't have a clue about what I'm talking about AND a jerk if it does.

Just curious: If is doesn't, would you be willing to tell me I wasn't wrong, not a jerk and I do know what i'm talking about??? Didn't think so.
I'll put myself out there: I think something significant will happen tomorrow somewhere in the economy. I've been expecting a crash in the stock market, but now I'm of the opinion it could be somewhere else. I'm not much of an economist.

I'm not basing this on anything I consider prophecy--just patterns and predictions. But if I'm wrong, I'm already prepared to admit I was wrong.

But our economic system is already unraveling. The fact that it's so centrally controlled and manipulated makes it harder to see, but it's becoming more and more obvious.

vertigo
captain of 10

Post by vertigo »

iWriteStuff wrote:

The proof that this nation is a covenant nation under God is in the Book of Mormon, starting with the Jaredites: Ether 2
8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.

9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.

11]And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God—that ye may repent, and not continue in your iniquities until the fulness come, that ye may not bring down the fulness of the wrath of God upon you as the inhabitants of the land have hitherto done.

And Nephi tells us in 2 Nephi
5 ...Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.
7 Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring
. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

Sounds like we are under the same covenants that were made to the house of Israel. The Lord is very clear that this land is a promised land, and whoever possesses it shall serve Him, or we will no longer be allowed to dwell on it and receive the blessings that are promised to its inhabitants.

I understand the question as to whether or not we are on a "sabbatical" schedule, I've wondered the same thing. I believe there must be something to this pattern, because like I heard President Monson say, there are no coincidences. So believe in the shemitah or not, its up to you. What does matter is that we understand our responsibility as a nation. We have been so blessed, and like the inhabitants before us, have forgotten our God. To me the pattern of the shemitah is warning, a reminder that we need to get our priorities right. To remember where and who our blessings come from. That it is not up to us to create the laws and commandments that we want to follow, because He has already given them.

Just one more sign that time is growing short.
Last edited by vertigo on September 13th, 2015, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Doomsday hype id good fot business.

I don't expect anything catastrophic this month, i think mass hysteria has taken hold of a lot of people.

Enlightenment
captain of 50

Post by Enlightenment »

Everything is connected. If you take a look at the significant slow down that is happening in every countries economy in the world and has begun to manifest itself already in their markets you can bet that this is a sign that at the least a significant economic slowdown is coming again. Many cycles are going on all the time that effect us in many different ways.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

durangout wrote:
christian.argyle wrote:

NOT.

That's not the point - the point I feel is whether or not you mock or consider sacred things. Very telling.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote:
idahommie wrote:Already moving the yardsticks backwards.......this is the problem with those that like to predict the end of times, always move the yardsticks.........
Make whatever accusations you want, but before deluding yourself how about taking an honest look at what I have said since joining this board. And if you could see what I was writing before joining this board, you would see the same pattern.

I have said we will have significant disruptions to life before the end of this year, specifically mentioning an earthquake and economic difficulty. Yes, some people think the economy will crash on Monday, but I am not one of them. And if you refuse to differentiate between different people and their beliefs, then you are lying to yourself and to us.

I have said that a big drop in the markets will happen later this year, and said it after the $2,000 drop in the Dow Jones Industrials this summer. I have also said I believe an earthquake will happen in Utah before Thanksgiving. Make a note of this post, or any other post where I have made the same assertion, and get back to me on Thanksgiving.

The fact that I disagree with the people who think a crash will happen on Monday in no way implies that the people who are expecting a crash on Monday are back pedaling. Please make a note of it.
Thank you for your insight Rowite!

minorityofone
captain of 100

Post by minorityofone »

You would think that most the people who thought the market would collapse tomorrow would have already pulled out of the stock market correct? A major fall is usually caused by some kind of event or indicator that moves people to believe they will lose money if they stay in. Haven't seen that since the fall after China devalued their currency. So if it happened tomorrow it would have to have been planned and many of the elite would have to be in on it together and plan to CAUSE the market to crash. Very unlikely but possible I suppose. I would bet it won't:)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

vertigo wrote: Sounds like we are under the same covenants that were made to the house of Israel. The Lord is very clear that this land is a promised land, and whoever possesses it shall serve Him, or we will no longer be allowed to dwell on it and receive the blessings that are promised to its inhabitants.

I understand the question as to whether or not we are on a "sabbatical" schedule, I've wondered the same thing. I believe there must be something to this pattern, because like I heard President Monson say, there are no coincidences. So believe in the shemitah or not, its up to you. What does matter is that we understand our responsibility as a nation. We have been so blessed, and like the inhabitants before us, have forgotten our God. To me the pattern of the shemitah is warning, a reminder that we need to get our priorities right. To remember where and who our blessings come from. That it is not up to us to create the laws and commandments that we want to follow, because He has already given them.

Just one more sign that time is growing short.
It's not that I don't believe in the Shemitah prophecies via Mr. Cahn et al, I just believe that the U.S. is unique from Israel in that it:

1) Wasn't founded by a covenant people led by a chosen prophet
2) didn't involve the people taking upon themselves a covenant
3) has never followed an agricultural Sabbath year farming plan and
4) has never been spoken of by modern prophets as being under the Law of Moses.

Are we as a people under condemnation? Absolutely. Are the verses from the BofM accurate that you stated re: our obligation to serve God? 100%. But that's way different than Israel's situation, on which the Law of the Shemitah is based.

Honestly I think Mr. Cahn, as a Jewish scholar, saw things in scripture and current life that fit together and match his paradigm. But that's a long way from being a 100% certainty that they will happen this month. I wish they were, honestly, but to bet the bank on it is a bit of a stretch.

When did Mr. Cahn start prophesying for the church/world?

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Ungläubige wrote:
christian.argyle wrote:

NOT.
The emergency essentials graphic is hardly compelling:

"The Antonine Plague" occurred in 165 thru 180 A.D. (3 years after the tetrad)

"Arab Invasion of Rome" occurred in 846 A.D. (4 years after the tetrad)

"Birth of Modern Israel" occurred in 1948 (more than a year prior to tetrad)

"Western Hemisphere Open to Europe" 1493 - hmmm, that seems like a stretch

Seriously, are there many years in world history that you couldn't pick out of a hat and come up with "significant" events? (give or take a year or two...)

Lame.
Ungläubige:

You are of course correct here. I was really hoping someone else would share the fact that for this "pattern" to work, there was a SERIOUS "fuge-factor" with the dates. Most people call that a fabrication. I hesitated to elucidate the facts of this "pattern" b/c people who share facts here are jerks apparently.
Last edited by durangout on September 13th, 2015, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.