Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Will September 14th 2015 see a crash of the economy because of the Shemitah?

Yes; the Shemitah cycle will continue and the U.S. economy will crash.
57%
No; 2001 and 2008 were coincidences and/or the Shemitah isn't real.
43%

Total votes: 54
christian.a
captain of 100

Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Post by christian.a »

Everyone! Now is the time to place your bets. Will the Shemitah on September 13th crash the U.S. economy? I'll assume everyone on this forum knows what the Shemitah is and the cycles that have occurred in the past, but if anyone wants to be informed, I'll be more than happy to provide information. Will the Shemitah cycle continue or not? There are only two ways to spin this; The 7 year Shemitah cycle that "caused" the 2001 and 2008 U.S. financial crashes were either a HUGE coincidence, or this is a real cycle and we should see an economic collapse in the U.S. On September 14, 2015 (because the markets will not be open on Sunday, the 13th of course).

Just something to take into account, the DJIA really suffered in August, and really took deep hits. Also, the Fed just said recently that a rate hike still has a good possibility.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Post by Matchmaker »

IMO It might happen somewhere else, but it will not happen next month in the USA, at least not until after the War starts, and maybe not until after the next Presidential election.

garbec
captain of 50

Post by garbec »

Some predict that Sep 2015 will be a Stock market crash, but a full economic collapse will not occur for another year.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Well, that's how it goes, things don't go down all at once. First there's a crash, then we really slump when all the people start feeling the hit. Not just the markets. I'm just polling people to see if people think there will be a crash, not a full collapse.

william1965
Hi, I'm new.

Post by william1965 »

It might start tomorrow there is just been another explosion in China may affect market tonight

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Depends what you mean by collapse.

The market will take a hit this month. It will be significant. It will however, recover a bit. September isn't a month to put the world into the 19th century. That series of events is next year. I also think the dollar will be stronger due the events over the next few months, but I truly believe that forces causing some natural disasters and also maybe a biological attack will weaken the USA demographic and economy., but that is next year.

I could be wrong, but that's where I'm at now.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'm not brave enough to call an exact day.

But I firmly believe that the latter half of September is going to be one of those time periods, economically, that people will be talking about 100 years from now.
Not putting the world back into the 19th century.
Not "the end"
But I think it will be devastating for the living standard of Americans.

I don't think it will be civil war, or the end of the country.
I could see it triggering the end of the dollar as the world reserve currency before the end of the year.

I also think there is a huge chance I will be wrong. Sure they say predicting the market will collapse is easy, timing when it happens is what is hard.
I'm not basing my guess on my own intelligence, there are just many indicators by people I respect that have all pointed to this time frame. Some of them have been pointing to this time frame FOR YEARS for a major collapse in the economy. There are a lot of indicators that the market is very jittery right now. It still seems, if not likely, at least a strong possibility.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Economy is not synonymous with Dow Jones Industrial Average.

In 600 BC, when the inhabitants of Jerusalem were carried off to Babylon and their nation brought low, how many Jews were worried about their retirement accounts? To think God's primary way of bringing people to remembrance of their covenants is by attacking some arbitrary valuation of private stock is ludicrous.

A wiping clean of the slates and hewing down the planted sycamores, bringing judgment upon a nation, has GOT to be more meaningful than a 14% correction of an asset bubble. I personally feel that if there is a judgment coming upon the land, it will be in the form of something that the people will know that only God could save us from, not bankers, politicians, stimulus plans, or tax breaks.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

If you are all so sure of this you should short sell and make a fortune.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

The thing is no one is sure. Also, Johnathan Cahn points out that God is sovereign and does as he sees is well and good. However, this is a cycle, and he points out that the stock markets collapsed to the hour in 2008 if the Shemitah.

He said if "a judgement" isn't passed by the 13th, (or the 14th for the financial sectors) then I think he said expect some kind of judgement within a few days. He points out that the U.S. Has been receiving judgements from God with growing intensity, and he said he doesn't think this is an exemption.

Honestly, I feel he is right, I expect to see some kind of major judgment from God this fall, but of course that's just me and I could be wrong. I have been watching the markets every day for the last month, and I have to say that it has a good possibility of turning into a crisis really fast.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Original_Intent wrote:I'm not brave enough to call an exact day.

But I firmly believe that the latter half of September is going to be one of those time periods, economically, that people will be talking about 100 years from now.
Not putting the world back into the 19th century.
Not "the end"
But I think it will be devastating for the living standard of Americans.

I don't think it will be civil war, or the end of the country.
I could see it triggering the end of the dollar as the world reserve currency before the end of the year.

I also think there is a huge chance I will be wrong. Sure they say predicting the market will collapse is easy, timing when it happens is what is hard.
I'm not basing my guess on my own intelligence, there are just many indicators by people I respect that have all pointed to this time frame. Some of them have been pointing to this time frame FOR YEARS for a major collapse in the economy. There are a lot of indicators that the market is very jittery right now. It still seems, if not likely, at least a strong possibility.
I think the stock market will crash. Maybe the worse crash since the depression, but people will still be working, and going to school for the most part.

I do think this is our last bull market. The collapse of the dollar will come later.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

iWriteStuff wrote:Economy is not synonymous with Dow Jones Industrial Average.

In 600 BC, when the inhabitants of Jerusalem were carried off to Babylon and their nation brought low, how many Jews were worried about their retirement accounts? To think God's primary way of bringing people to remembrance of their covenants is by attacking some arbitrary valuation of private stock is ludicrous.

A wiping clean of the slates and hewing down the planted sycamores, bringing judgment upon a nation, has GOT to be more meaningful than a 14% correction of an asset bubble. I personally feel that if there is a judgment coming upon the land, it will be in the form of something that the people will know that only God could save us from, not bankers, politicians, stimulus plans, or tax breaks.
I'd like to clarify that it's not that I don't think a judgment is coming upon America; it's just that when it DOES come, the stock market will be the least of our concerns.

Which was more significant on 9/11/2001 - the planes crashing into the towers or the subsequent fall of market?

Abinadi
captain of 50

Post by Abinadi »

iWriteStuff wrote:

I'd like to clarify that it's not that I don't think a judgment is coming upon America; it's just that when it DOES come, the stock market will be the least of our concerns.

Which was more significant on 9/11/2001 - the planes crashing into the towers or the subsequent fall of market?
I totally agree. The stock market will just be one of the many casualties of much greater events.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/01/wall-str ... weigh.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope everyone's ready to sell today! Futures were down 4% this morning for Dow.

I get what you mean iWriteStuff, but the markets will show us how well our economy is doing, and how well the dollar is doing. It's a precursor.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

christian.argyle wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/01/wall-str ... weigh.html

I hope everyone's ready to sell today! Futures were down 4% this morning for Dow.

I get what you mean iWriteStuff, but the markets will show us how well our economy is doing, and how well the dollar is doing. It's a precursor.
Whereas normally I agree with you, I'm going to have to disagree on two points here:

1) I really hope folks sold a month ago, before the precipitous correction. I did. Now I can sit and watch the decline while my accounts sit untouched.

2) The markets reflect a lot of things, but I don't think reality is one of them. So much of market activity (as well as dollar strength) is manipulated that there's no way they represent what our economy is doing. Otherwise you have to believe that our economy has more than doubled in strength since the crash in 2008-2009. No, reality was manipulated and the economy didn't recover. If the markets are just now catching on to that fact, that means they've been out of sync with reality for over six years.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I agree with what you are saying but note that all of life's necessities have been centralized and we are dependent on money and megacorpoeations for providing for us. If money fails, a desperate situation will occur because we have allowed most small farmers and other producers to be squashed. Sorry, I meant when, not if.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Jezebel, you are right on about the centralization of food. I hope to avoid complete devastation by living in this rural community, but the few local resources we have aren't even enough to serve every person in town. Even small town city governments have made keeping livestock expensive and difficult. I am prepared also to withdraw from ice cream. That's probably going to be the worst.

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

There's a sucker born every minute.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the world. There's a good chance that almost everyone here has some sort of investment or retirement account with them. Everyone in the office is talking about it (in whispers). The consensus from my coworkers is that it is going to crash (Stock market, possibly the bond market because of the derivatives fiasco, especially if interest rates are raised, which would have an effect on the derivatives market).

I think the economy will limp along until next year, but eventually the dollar will be worthless.

It may not happen on September 14, but many people that I work with think September or October will be a global crash. A lot of wealthy clients are pulling their money and some are moving offshore to get out of America. (I didn't say this. I wasn't here.)

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on December 15th, 2015, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

So this weekend (or so) we get to see if the Shmita will have any effects on the economy. Elul 29 is happening September 13th I believe. Remember: the markets open Monday and Jonathan Cahn says God is sovergn. He will do as he sees fit, but he says expect an economic collapse on or around Elul 29 (equating to September 13th).

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I keep hearing that we can expect something on the 23rd, not the 13th.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

I've heard that span, too. Blood moon, right?

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

In my research, something should hit the financial sector this weekend or the start of the week. It's because of a pattern called the Shmita.

The blood moon tetrad is different. Every time hat happens, a significant event regarding the Jews happens. You can expect to see that around the 23rd.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Thoughts? It's only 14 minutes. Full of info. I don't care if you hate Glenn beck, this is important, also, there's a lot of evidence to support this.

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/beck-b ... athan-cahn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;