Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Will September 14th 2015 see a crash of the economy because of the Shemitah?

Yes; the Shemitah cycle will continue and the U.S. economy will crash.
57%
No; 2001 and 2008 were coincidences and/or the Shemitah isn't real.
43%

Total votes: 54
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Shemitah: Will the U.S. Economy Crash on September 14th?

Post by brianj »

waverider wrote:
brianj wrote: I have also said I believe an earthquake will happen in Utah before Thanksgiving. Make a note of this post, or any other post where I have made the same assertion, and get back to me on Thanksgiving.
Did anyone ever get back with you on Thanksgiving? Also - truly interested to know what it was that influenced your belief there would be an earthquake in Utah before Thanksgiving.
No, nobody did. And I readily admit that I was wrong about the timing. I firmly believe that certain events are going to happen, including a gathering, but I was way off on the timing.

My belief was influenced by four different sources. First is Hector Sosa's book. Second is a note from Sosa posted in viewtopic.php?t=39089&start=30#p623210. Third is a collection of people, both within the church and outside the church, who claim to have received revelation that Obama will be the last sitting President before the end time tribulations. And fourth is more than a few missionaries I have heard from, who claim they believe to have received revelation that they won't serve a full two years.

Sosa's book did not explicitly give a timeline, and after re-reading it I can see how it, along with those other sources, influenced my belief in a timeline beginning last autumn. But after re-reading the book I am convinced that, if his account is true, the events could start in the autumn of 2016, 2019, 2020, etc.

In the post I provided a link to, Sosa said that there would be a stock market collapse in September, followed by an earthquake after General Conference. I read that post and inferred "this September" regardless of what Sosa may have intended.

A Google search will provide you with plenty of people, mostly outside the church, who claim to have received visions of what is coming. These accounts caught my attention because the authors so adamantly state that the idea of a rapture is false doctrine, and the authors consistently claim that shortly before the election there will be nationwide rioting that leads Obama to attempt to suspend the election because he can't guarantee a fair result, then refusing to honor the results of the elections that do take place. The response to this rioting will be martial law, under which I think it would be difficult for people to freely travel to places of refuge, therefore I logically concluded that the gathering would take place in the prior spring season.

Looking at the situation now, I can easily make a timeline for the first earthquake happening this year or in the other two years that I mentioned. But then there is the missionary issue. Last May or June i started hearing missionaries claim that they believe they will be sent home before their two years are up. These were relatively new missionaries. If they are really receiving revelation letting them know time is short, that excludes things beginning the year before or the year of a Presidential election beyond this year.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

brianj wrote:
waverider wrote:
brianj wrote: I have also said I believe an earthquake will happen in Utah before Thanksgiving. Make a note of this post, or any other post where I have made the same assertion, and get back to me on Thanksgiving.
Did anyone ever get back with you on Thanksgiving? Also - truly interested to know what it was that influenced your belief there would be an earthquake in Utah before Thanksgiving.
No, nobody did. And I readily admit that I was wrong about the timing. I firmly believe that certain events are going to happen, including a gathering, but I was way off on the timing.

My belief was influenced by four different sources. First is Hector Sosa's book. Second is a note from Sosa posted in viewtopic.php?t=39089&start=30#p623210. Third is a collection of people, both within the church and outside the church, who claim to have received revelation that Obama will be the last sitting President before the end time tribulations. And fourth is more than a few missionaries I have heard from, who claim they believe to have received revelation that they won't serve a full two years.

Sosa's book did not explicitly give a timeline, and after re-reading it I can see how it, along with those other sources, influenced my belief in a timeline beginning last autumn. But after re-reading the book I am convinced that, if his account is true, the events could start in the autumn of 2016, 2019, 2020, etc.

In the post I provided a link to, Sosa said that there would be a stock market collapse in September, followed by an earthquake after General Conference. I read that post and inferred "this September" regardless of what Sosa may have intended.

A Google search will provide you with plenty of people, mostly outside the church, who claim to have received visions of what is coming. These accounts caught my attention because the authors so adamantly state that the idea of a rapture is false doctrine, and the authors consistently claim that shortly before the election there will be nationwide rioting that leads Obama to attempt to suspend the election because he can't guarantee a fair result, then refusing to honor the results of the elections that do take place. The response to this rioting will be martial law, under which I think it would be difficult for people to freely travel to places of refuge, therefore I logically concluded that the gathering would take place in the prior spring season.

Looking at the situation now, I can easily make a timeline for the first earthquake happening this year or in the other two years that I mentioned. But then there is the missionary issue. Last May or June i started hearing missionaries claim that they believe they will be sent home before their two years are up. These were relatively new missionaries. If they are really receiving revelation letting them know time is short, that excludes things beginning the year before or the year of a Presidential election beyond this year.
I can see Countries not allowing Missionaries to stay in their countries based on the gay issue.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

OCDMOM wrote:I can see Countries not allowing Missionaries to stay in their countries based on the gay issue.
Kicking out foreign missionaries is one thing, but I have a hard time expecting the gay rights issue to cause a country to stop its own citizens from serving domestic missions.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Coming Soon To Our Neighborhoods – This Is No Joke

An excerpt:

THIS IS NO JOKE. UNLESS AND UNTIL AMERICANS RID OUR NATION OF THE COCKROACHES IN WASH DC, WE WILL BE AS ARGENTINA….. READ AND WEEP

For more than two years now the UN has warned about food riots to come. They’re coming. This summer will be mind-bending. While we enjoy our “mild” winter, the snow pack is not sufficient to water the spring plantings on melting. Add California’s drought to our own issues… what have you got?
And if there are no ships on the Atlantic, as reported by the Baltic Dry Index, there’s no food crossing it either… what does that mean? Think.

They have already made it illegal in some places to share homegrown food with others, or even to grow it. There are already laws set out for enforcement about hoarding food in the USA, and orders for “continuity of government”. If you’re going to do put away extra food, you’d best not tell anyone where you’re stashing it, and you’d better not let anyone smell it cooking.

And clearly one should never really listen to what the government says… because if one does, one puts
oneself at risk. And just think about all those junk-food swilling, dumbed-down WalMartians raging around looking for a food fix!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

freedomforall wrote:Coming Soon To Our Neighborhoods – This Is No Joke

An excerpt:

THIS IS NO JOKE. UNLESS AND UNTIL AMERICANS RID OUR NATION OF THE COCKROACHES IN WASH DC, WE WILL BE AS ARGENTINA….. READ AND WEEP

For more than two years now the UN has warned about food riots to come. They’re coming. This summer will be mind-bending. While we enjoy our “mild” winter, the snow pack is not sufficient to water the spring plantings on melting. Add California’s drought to our own issues… what have you got?
And if there are no ships on the Atlantic, as reported by the Baltic Dry Index, there’s no food crossing it either… what does that mean? Think.

They have already made it illegal in some places to share homegrown food with others, or even to grow it. There are already laws set out for enforcement about hoarding food in the USA, and orders for “continuity of government”. If you’re going to do put away extra food, you’d best not tell anyone where you’re stashing it, and you’d better not let anyone smell it cooking.

And clearly one should never really listen to what the government says… because if one does, one puts
oneself at risk. And just think about all those junk-food swilling, dumbed-down WalMartians raging around looking for a food fix!
Here is a list of rebuttals from just this excerpt:
During our "mild" winter with an insufficient snowpack, the snow pack is really well above 100% of normal. California still has a long way to go to make up for the shortfalls of the last few years, but they have a very good snow pack and reservoirs are filling nicely.

The Baltic Dry Index reports shipping rices, not movement of ships. And the websites that fear mongers were recently using to claim that ships aren't moving were not designed or intended to show ships in the middle of the ocean.

Almost all of the stories I find claiming the government is trying to outlaw homegrown food are really stories that describe somebody in a HUD apartment who plants a garden in a landscaped area, people gardening in their front yards, or a misrepresentation of a Michigan law falsely claiming that backyard farming was outlawed.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

brianj wrote:There won't be a crash on the 14th, but sometime that week the economy will be shaken up - possibly a big drop in the stock markets, possibly something else, but the economy will survive. People won't recognize what happened as being from the hand of God, but will blame other people. Then in October we will see something more - I expect a natural disaster, specifically an earthquake. But instead of repenting, people will boast that they survived the big one and celebrate their own strength. Things will get worse over time, and in the first half of next year people will repeatedly ask what's happening but they will deny their own sin and refuse to change until the tribulations are so bad that they are genuinely humbled.
*bump*

I stumbled back across this thread and comment tonight...

Would you care to comment brianj?

edit: ahhhh nevermind, I see you did back in February 2016, I just needed to keep reading.