A Change is Coming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: A Change is Coming

Post by DesertWonderer »

Gage wrote: July 12th, 2017, 7:24 am Well I may have been wrong about the foreign occupation, I am still researching, maybe I read it in a book someone wrote and it was opinion. I understand that as long as the inhabitants are righteous everything will be fine. If it wasnt scripture and someone's opinion, it does seem very possible that the land would be free from foreign invaders because of the fact that the righteous from other lands will be coming to the US and the only ones that will be able to come. They will be fleeing wars from other parts of the world. Now if you want to count Latinos as foreign invaders then I guess we can say that one day America will be attacked by foreign invaders, we freely welcome them here. I just cannot see America being occupied by an army of Chinese soldiers or an Army of any foreign country, the logistics of it just seems impossible. How did the dreamers know the troops were from China?
Is this what you were thinking of:

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/mark-e-p ... ld-leader/

"The destiny of the United States of America is to play an important part in helping to prepare for the second coming of Christ. It is that important. That is the reason the United States was set up.

The preparation for the second coming of Christ depended largely on the restoration of the gospel. There could not be a restoration of the gospel without freedom. God provided this country as the base of his operations in these, the last days, a place where there would be freedom, where he could restore his gospel. Therefore, the United States was given and is yet to be given a great mission in respect to the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God has made the United States the base of operations for his work in these modern times, just as he used Palestine as his center of operations in ancient times. We should always keep this clearly in mind. As Palestine was the center of the Lord’s operations in ancient times, just so in the same manner is the United States the center of his operations in these days.

For centuries he preserved this land from colonization by unwanted groups. Then he set up this nation by his own power and for his own purpose. That purpose was to provide the free conditions under which he could restore his gospel in the last days. Here he gave us an inspired Constitution so that his church could move forward with full guarantee of freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom of assembly, and freedom of press—all of which were essential to his work.

Dictatorship is the opposite of free agency. Free agency is part and parcel of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Hence, free agency was required here in America so that God’s work could move forward; and so it must, for the day of the Lord draweth nigh and the ultimate destiny of the United States is rapidly emerging.

Here in the USA the Lord’s latter-day Zion has been established already. Here in the USA his latter-day New Jerusalem will yet be established. Here in the USA the Lord will preside during the Millennium. From here will go forth the law and the word of the Lord to all the nations of the earth.

The restored gospel is already going from this land to all other free nations. It does so under the protection of the United States, and we who travel do so on American passports. Eventually America will be the center of the final gathering of God’s people as the Millennium approaches, and our flag will fly right on into that blessed time.

PROPHECIES ABOUT AMERICA

Brigham Young said:

When the day comes in which the Kingdom of God will bear rule, the flag of the United States will proudly flutter unsullied on the flag staff of liberty and equal rights, without a spot to sully its fair surface; the glorious flag our fathers have bequeathed to us will then be unfurled to the breeze by those who have power to hoist it aloft and defend its sanctity. [Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 360]

So America will not fall. It will have to go through a cleansing, however, so that wickedness may be abolished. But the nation as such will not fall.

Said President Harold B. Lee:

The Constitution will stand even if it must be saved by the elders of this Church. This nation, founded on the principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. I have faith in America, and you and I must have faith in America if we understand the teachings of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. [Deseret News, 27 October 1973]

Then President Joseph F. Smith, one of the great, inspired prophets of latter-days, said this about the United States:

This great American nation the Almighty raised up by the power of his omnipotent hand, that it might be possible in the latter days for the kingdom of God to be established in the earth. . . . His hand has been over this nation, and it is his purpose and design to enlarge it—make it glorious above all others, and to give it dominion, and power over the earth, to the end that those who are kept in bondage and serfdom may be brought to the enjoyment of the fullest freedom and liberty of conscience possible for intelligent men to exercise in the earth. [Gospel Doctrine, p. 409]

Speaking of the church and the kingdom of God established here in the United States by the Almighty, President John Taylor said this:

It has been asked whether this kingdom will fail. I tell you in the name of Israel’s God it will not fail. I tell you in the name of Israel’s God it will roll forth and that the things spoken of by the holy prophets in relation to it will receive their fulfillment. [Gospel Kingdom, p. 137]

Let us have this clearly in mind: Since the United States was created by act of God to provide a suitable place in which the gospel could be restored and then be sent abroad to the nations of the earth, the Almighty will preserve our country for that purpose. But he will not preserve it in wickedness. Evil must be swept away, and he gives us ample warning to repent. He told the brother of Jared that this land had been “preserved for a righteous people” and declared that “whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off” (Ether 2:7, 8)."

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: A Change is Coming

Post by AI2.0 »

Gage wrote: July 11th, 2017, 1:04 pm No I will have to find it, speaks about never again being overtaken by foreign rulers or enemies coming over and overthrowing the govt, it corresponded with the scriptures where it talks about no wicked being able to come to American shores only the pure of heart. America will be a refuge and safe from foreign invaders but sadly will have its own problems within.

You might be thinking of 2 Nephi 10:10-17
But behold, this land , said God, shall be a land of thine inheritance, and the Gentiles shall be blessed upon the land.

11 And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.

12 And I will fortify this land against all other nations.

13 And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God.

14 For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.

15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my covenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the secret works of darkness, and of murders, and of abominations.

16 Wherefore, he that fighteth against Zion, both Jew and Gentile, both bond and free, both male and female, shall perish; for they are they who are the whore of all the earth; for they who are not for me are against me, saith our God.

17 For I will fulfil my promises which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh—
While he doesn't say 'only the pure in heart' will be brought here, he does say that only those brought by the hand of God will come here.

2 Ne 1:6-7
'..there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.

Wherefore this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring..

However the promises are only for when we serve the God of this Land, Jesus Christ. When we are 'fully ripened' in iniquity, as the Nephites and the Jaredites came to be, we will not be allowed to remain on this land. The land carries a curse, those nations who don't serve the Lord will eventually be brought into bondage, destroyed or swept off.