A Change is Coming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Oxbow
captain of 10

A Change is Coming

Post by Oxbow »

Picked this short book up off AVOW and read it in about an hour. Very, very closely aligned with Julie Rowe's predictions and quite unequivocally indicates a timeline of 2015-2016 for the beginning of the tribulations. Also indicates an earthquake is coming to the Wasatch front this Fall (not "The Big One," that comes later).

Anyone else read this/wanting to read it?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: A Change is Coming

Post by Sirocco »

What's "the tribulations"

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Sirocco wrote:What's "the tribulations"
Life on ldsff

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

shadow wrote:
Sirocco wrote:What's "the tribulations"
Life on ldsff
Oh so same old same old for me lol

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

I figure if I write a book every couple of years or so predicting the end of the world and live long enough, eventually I'll get it right. :D

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Golly Beav! I wonder why Avow's latest book is "Very, very closely aligned with Julie Rowe's predictions"???
Last edited by durangout on June 23rd, 2015, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

All of this is a great deal like predicting the sun will rise in the morning. It does not make you a prophet to predict the end of the world sometime in the future. Even if you are a atheist you can predict that as science states that at some point our sun will run out of fuel grow to a size beyond the orbit of the earth and in the process destroy the earth. So if you just keep saying the end of the world will come, someday, you will be right even if that someday is billions of years form now.

To be a prophet in such matters demands, it would seem, a bit more persuasion that this. Many such "prophets" depend on the forgetfulness of people. They know that they will never be held to account for getting it wrong as time will pass and everyone will simply forget what they wrote or said in the past and the whole cycle will start all over again.

We see that here on these forums all the time. predictions of some doom such as hidden planets entering the solar system and such on a given timeframe. That time comes and goes with nothing happening. The promoters are never held to account and a few months later they are back at it with new predictions. The smarter ones don't set a date but just say "soon" so as to not be caught out when nothing happens. Soon is just so flexible anything from tomorrow to millions of years from now so it seems.

OBeWise
captain of 10

Post by OBeWise »

I'm interested, Oxbow. What is the name of the book?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

OBeWise wrote:I'm interested, Oxbow. What is the name of the book?
She didn't make it clear, but it's the title of this thread -- A Change is Coming.

http://www.amazon.com/Change-Coming-Hec ... +is+coming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Oxbow wrote:Picked this short book up off AVOW and read it in about an hour. Very, very closely aligned with Julie Rowe's predictions and quite unequivocally indicates a timeline of 2015-2016 for the beginning of the tribulations. Also indicates an earthquake is coming to the Wasatch front this Fall (not "The Big One," that comes later).

Did I miss the 21 years of silence known as the half hour? I really don't put much stock in Julie Rowe or any other soul attempting to put a time line on future events. Just a waste of time. The scriptures tell us to look for signs on our own, not pay heed to people that spread doom and gloom before its time, known as the "goose bump gang."
I'm looking for the day when two witnesses are preaching in Jerusalem for a thousand two hundred and threescore days, which is 1260 days or nearly 3 1/2 years. This does not fit in well with the theory of 2016, or so, being so full of destruction or whatever.
Shouldn't a timeline include all events in their proper order and time? I think the Lord will come in a futuristic tomorrow.

OBeWise
captain of 10

Post by OBeWise »

We don't know when anything will happen beforehand, not exactly. A woman expecting a baby knows she's got to be getting close to delivery—that any day now, she'll go into labor.

I will not criticize those who say they have seen visions. We know there will be many who will see visions. I would be slow to judge a visionary person only because they published a book. I don't believe I am qualified to condemn them, and I don't even remember a commandment that says you can't publish your visions. If they went unpublished, we would never hear about these visions. Hearing about them fulfills Joel's prophecy.

OBeWise
captain of 10

Post by OBeWise »

As far as timing goes:

38 Now learn a parable of the fig tree—When its branches are yet tender, and it begins to put forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh at hand;

39 So likewise, mine elect, when they shall see all these things, they shall know that he is near, even at the doors;

40 But of that day, and hour, no one knoweth; no, not the angels of God in heaven, but my Father only.

41 But as it was in the days of Noah, so it shall be also at the coming of the Son of Man;

42 For it shall be with them, as it was in the days which were before the flood; for until the day that Noah entered into the ark they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage;

43 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

—from Joseph Smith—Matthew
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-m/1?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

freedomforall wrote:Did I miss the 21 years of silence known as the half hour? I really don't put much stock in Julie Rowe or any other soul attempting to put a time line on future events. Just a waste of time. The scriptures tell us to look for signs on our own, not pay heed to people that spread doom and gloom before its time, known as the "goose bump gang."
I'm looking for the day when two witnesses are preaching in Jerusalem for a thousand two hundred and threescore days, which is 1260 days or nearly 3 1/2 years. This does not fit in well with the theory of 2016, or so, being so full of destruction or whatever.
Shouldn't a timeline include all events in their proper order and time? I think the Lord will come in a futuristic tomorrow.
It is not talking about the signs of the 7th seal that you mention.

It matches with signs of the sun black as sackcloth and blood moon, great earthquake, meteorite bombardment (angry stars falling), every island moved out of it's place, 144k return; - this all happens long before the silence and 2 prophets in Jerusalem.

My question is if you are waiting for the 0.5h silence and 2 prophets in Jerusalem - how did we miss the signs and calamities mentioned in Rev 6.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Oxbow wrote:Picked this short book up off AVOW and read it in about an hour. Very, very closely aligned with Julie Rowe's predictions and quite unequivocally indicates a timeline of 2015-2016 for the beginning of the tribulations. Also indicates an earthquake is coming to the Wasatch front this Fall (not "The Big One," that comes later).

Sounds interesting: any discussion on Black sun and blood moon.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Also where did we miss the signs of Joel, in your thinking no visions and dreams will be given and the visions and dreams have no benefit?? How do you get to that

Joel 2:28
28 ¶And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Acts 2:17
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

freedomforall wrote:

Did I miss the 21 years of silence known as the half hour? I really don't put much stock in Julie Rowe or any other soul attempting to put a time line on future events. Just a waste of time. The scriptures tell us to look for signs on our own, not pay heed to people that spread doom and gloom before its time, known as the "goose bump gang."
Gentiles will most likely be wiped out before that happens because that is the first thing that happens in the timeline.

Some are waiting for Solomon's temple to be rebuilt or the gospel preached to all the world, Guess what, we die before all that happens.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

It would help freedom if you understood what was to come instead of just mention a few significant events. Try reading prophecy a key to the future by Crowther or the prophecy of our latter day prophets. You are missing so many events ... Michelle McDermott has a great book and it is free on Amazon. This book is a compilation of scripture and prophecies and modern visions detailing the events to come.

Personally, I feel the world is on the verge of a global financial crisis unlike anything we have ever seen before. By all indications look for the fun to begin in the fall.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

wiped out...

eh I've had a good run.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

WarMonger wrote:Also where did we miss the signs of Joel, in your thinking no visions and dreams will be given and the visions and dreams have no benefit?? How do you get to that

28 ¶And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
So with all this prophesying going on, which one's are ligit as opposed to those not. Should all dreams and visions corroborate each other or are the one's near the north pole only for the north pole and the south pole for the south, the one's in Japan for Japan and area or those in Africa for Africa...or Japan for Africa and vice versa? Now that I've confused everyone...just who do we believe? Those who say "thus saith the Lord" or those that say something like "last night I had this strange dream?
I dreamed that there were huge sinkholes all over America. Hot flames were shooting high into the sky and dark smoke swept across the countryside like as if to be coming from the billows of a moving train blackening the sky. The sun was darkened so much that mid-day appeared to be nighttime. People all over were dying from toxic chemicals carried in the smoke. I felt myself choking and gasping for air...then I woke up."

Something like this anyway.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

freedomforall wrote:
WarMonger wrote:Also where did we miss the signs of Joel, in your thinking no visions and dreams will be given and the visions and dreams have no benefit?? How do you get to that

So with all this prophesying going on, which one's are ligit as opposed to those not. Should all dreams and visions corroborate each other or are the one's near the north pole only for the north pole and the south pole for the south, the one's in Japan for Japan and area or those in Africa for Africa...or Japan for Africa and vice versa? Now that I've confused everyone...just who do we believe? Those who say "thus saith the Lord" or those that say something like "last night I had this strange dream?
I dreamed that there were huge sinkholes all over America. Hot flames were shooting high into the sky and dark smoke swept across the countryside like as if to be coming from the billows of a moving train blackening the sky. The sun was darkened so much that mid-day appeared to be nighttime. People all over were dying from toxic chemicals carried in the smoke. I felt myself choking and gasping for air...then I woke up."

Something like this anyway.
I dreamed I remade Inspector Gadget but with a character from a different show as the new Gadget...

Where does that fit into the end of the world? :))

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

AlbertaBronco wrote:It would help freedom if you understood what was to come instead of just mention a few significant events. Try reading prophecy a key to the future by Crowther or the prophecy of our latter day prophets. You are missing so many events ... Michelle McDermott has a great book and it is free on Amazon. This book is a compilation of scripture and prophecies and modern visions detailing the events to come.

Personally, I feel the world is on the verge of a global financial crisis unlike anything we have ever seen before. By all indications look for the fun to begin in the fall.
I'm really not interested in a timeline. I've read many books on end times, but I am not going to fret over everything. I'm told the best answer one could get within my Patriarchal blessing...to live each day as if it were my last day on earth. This I am attempting to do. Have storage and wait upon the Lord to do his work. This is the only real control any of us have in the matter. This is just me. No one else has to look at things this way, and the counsel wasn't put into my blessing as a filler.

jessie08
captain of 50

Post by jessie08 »

You know, if people would stop looking for a divine prophet or ess to tell us what is coming and putthttime into study of scripture, prophets, prayer and listening they would get real answers. Come on.,do not be that guy.,that guy. The one in the church who follows false teaching cause it " sounds close" or because that person seems like an everyday Jane or Joe that it must be true. The more humble they say they are the more suspicious I get. The adversary is smart and cunning, remember. That means that he has any people figured out. Start praying for better discernment. 9 truths to slip in one lie...sheshhh stop being gullible. The Lord already has is prophets. They and only they speak for him. If anyone can tell you they had a dream then that was only for them. The Lord absolutely does not change his method of relaying messages. Don`t be the Lemming. Anyone who screams fear warnings is not of God. He is not a God of fear but of warning and love. Why don't you hear the prophet and apostles saying there is something coming at a specific time. Because we were warned since the beginning of time. Stop..just stop.

OBeWise
captain of 10

Post by OBeWise »

Jessie08, you are right, the Lord is a God of love, not of fear, and He has warned us in scripture, and through His prophets, both latter-day and of old. The righteous need not fear. He warns us, because He loves us. "Behold, I speak these things [a prophecy of tribulations to come] unto you for the elect’s sake..." (JS-M 1:23). He also says, "Verily, I say unto you, this generation, in which these things shall be shown forth, shall not pass away until all I have told you shall be fulfilled." (JS-M 1:34) It really will all happen. Yet—

In 3 Nephi 22, the Lord quotes Isaiah, speaking of the establishment of Zion in the last days:
14 In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee.

15 Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
In other scripture, the Lord warns the wicked in some of the most horrific language I've ever read, but I won't quote that now. The point is, prepare by turning our hearts to Jesus Christ; believe in Him, repent, and accept His gospel and priesthood. Terrible things WILL happen to the wicked, and it will be tough for those who are unprepared and distrustful. The righteous will have their trials, too, but will be sustained of the Lord, by their faith in Him. They will then enter into His rest, in both this life and in the world to come. Believe that God loves you and wants you to be happy, and keep the commandments and follow the prophet.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

I disagree, as stated many times there are hundreds of scriptures giving signs of the beginning of the destruction, we need to be aware of them and take appropriate action, they are given for a reason. To simply say all the visions received are bad and have no value is to deny revelation from God. If you have the HG it is easy to determine truth from error.

Doctrine and Covenants 45:44
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Look at what happens prior to the Lord coming. All I can say is wow!

D&C 88:97 (96–97)
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—

D&C 45:44-47
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.
47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.

1 Cor. 1:7 (7–8)
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.