"The next great war" and the Shemitah!!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

"The next great war" and the Shemitah!!

Post by friendsofthe »

In a previous post I wrote:
"The next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860's between the North and the South) will commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city and the cause of the next great trouble will be the depreciation of the currency of the United States". - A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives, letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser, July 24, 1896.)(Joseph Smith)

I find this statement about the “next great war after the rebellion” very intriguing. When Joseph gave the prophecy on the Civil War he named South Carolina as it place of commencement. Here he also gives the place of commencement of “the next great war” as Chicago and gives us the issue that sparks this conflict as the “depreciation of the currency”.

Given the current condition of the dollar this “great war” can’t be too far off. Such anarchy, rebellion and conflict brought on by the fall of the dollar could very likely lead to martial law being imposed. Compared to anarchy, the great majority of the nation would probably prefer martial law so they might even be begging for it. With martial law imposed I think we could then expect the government to disarm the public.
So how far off are we from this great disturbance that Joseph Smith spoke of? Well, based on the current conditions of the dollar and other things going on I’m going to say that it’s very close. Based on Johnithan Cahn’s teaching about the Shemitah I’m thinking we could see something happening in Chicago this fall!

See his presentation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKAlTa9b-X0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this great disturbance does start in Chicago this fall I’m going to be looking for martial law no later than the fall of 2016. If you have read some of my past posts you know that I believe martial law is all we need to get us into the 42 months. Than we can begin the countdown to the Second Coming!

durangout
captain of 1,000

Re: "The next great war" and the Shemitah!!

Post by durangout »

I just don't understand why anyone would put any validity to a 3-hand account of something that JS (or anyone else for that matter) was purported to have said.

Have you never played the telephone game? It's called hearsay. Why do you think it's not admissable in court?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Let us assume that we do see the demise of the dollar this fall and disorder and rebellion commence in Chicago as Joseph Smith suggested. What then?

I think we can expect that the gads will add fuel to the fire because it serves their purposes. They will certainly want to keep it going until they have the excuse they need to declare martial law. With the coming of martial law the saints will be in complete bondage, as John says:
Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Not only are the saints to be “overcome” but also “all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”! The 42 months will be some of the darkest days for the saints and the world but the scripture says “power was given unto him to continue forty and two months” and that is the limit and scope of his power. After that God will intervene and liberate his saints. In D&C 103 the Lord says:
15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
And so it shall be! The Lord will lead his people “out of bondage” as he says above “by power, and with a stretched-out arm.” In the next few verses the Lord continues his comparison of his last days saints to ancient Israel, he says:
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.
19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.
20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.
The Lord will liberate his saints and “go up before” them and lead them to “the goodly land”! Note what the Lord says in verse 18, “as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.”

So we are to be lead “like as Moses led the children of Israel… as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be… Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence…(and) ye shall possess the goodly land.”

If the Lord is going to liberate his saints and lead them to “the goodly land”, would it not make sense to liberate them in the spring of the year so that they would have the summer months to make the trek back to Jackson County? And would it not make sense for him to liberate them in commemoration of his deliverance of ancient Israel? In other words, wouldn’t it make sense for their deliverance on come on Passover?

If this be true than it’s easy to see that the 42 months must commence in the fall of the year or three and a half years earlier. Now, I’m going to assume that my proposed starting time for the 42 months is correct. That would be the fall of 2016.

Based on this assumption the saints would be delivered on April 9th 2020, Passover! Counting backwards 42 months or 1260 days, we might expect martial law to be declared on October 27th or 28th, just before the elections. Hmmmm… something to think about!

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Chicago murder capital of the US. I am thinking race riots after economy fails. Serious riots with both sides shooting, then spreading to the rest of the US. Groundwork has been set in motion. All it takes is one poor back kid to be shot by a white cop in Chicago??

seer stone
captain of 100

Post by seer stone »

There was reason why the North split from the South in the first Civil War. It was obviously because of slavery. How will the devision happen in the next war? Will it even be North vs South? Or East vs West? Or Republicans vs Democrats? Good vs Evil? Or possibly it could be the poor vs the rich, but then again we all will become poor due to the depreciation of the dollar. What say yea?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I think this will be a war between the haves and the have nots. It will be between the broke and the greedy & between the starving and those who still have resources.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Just a quick thanks to friendsofthe for an interesting analysis.

Last Sunday evening, at a picnic-gathering at Adam-ondi, I talked about the Shemitah AND the current blood-moon tetrad, both of which culminate in Sept 2015.

Exciting times!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Continuing on from my two previous posts and assuming that they are correct… When will Christ come?

Passover was one of the seven-feast days given to Israel in Lev. Chapter 23. The spring feasts were fulfilled when the Lord came among the Jews. For example, while the Jews were observing Passover and sacrificing lambs, the Lamb of God was hanging on the cross! He was also the “first fruits” of the resurrection etc.

So the question might be asked, will the Lord fulfill the fall feasts also? And will he do so by his coming in the fall to Adam-Ondi-Ahman?

In his teachings about the rainbow and the Lord’s coming Joseph Smith repeatedly said that in any year that the rainbow was shown there would be seed time and harvest. So conversely, in the year that the Lord does come there will be no seed time and not harvest. So those two conditions must be met before he comes, pointing again to his appearing the fall of the year!

juniper
captain of 50

Post by juniper »

I'm always watching what's going on in Chicago. I do believe this prophecy. I mean Is it coincidence that the world money exchange headquarters is in Chicago?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

juniper wrote:I'm always watching what's going on in Chicago. I do believe this prophecy. I mean Is it coincidence that the world money exchange headquarters is in Chicago?
I agree. It's no coincidence that the Obama's are from Chicago.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Can already see the alliances being made which are lining up with what the scriptures have said. When the second United States Civil War concludes, the rest of the world will be primed and ready for an attempted takeover.

Chinese soldiers marched in Moscow for the first time as part of the WW2 celebrations while the US, Australia, Canada and most EU avoided the celebrations in Russia despite invitations because of Russia's involvement in the Ukraine crisis. China and Russia also signed a non hacking agreement as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32668511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/05/08/ ... ach-other/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Sunain wrote:
Can already see the alliances being made which are lining up with what the scriptures have said. When the second United States Civil War concludes, the rest of the world will be primed and ready for an attempted takeover.
I think this is very true but don’t think we will actually see an attack until the end of the 42 months as I believe this very attack of which you speak will bring America down and deliver the saints from bondage at the same time.

Daniel characterizes the destruction of America as “given to the burning flame”. No doubt that it will be some kind of a limited nuclear attack. We see the same theme of burning in Rev 17 where the beast (Russia) and10 other nations join together to burn the whore (America / New World Order). We read:

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Nephi also tells us that the righteous will be delivered by fire, says he:

16 For the time soon cometh that the fulness of the wrath of God shall be poured out upon all the children of men; for he will not suffer that the wicked shall destroy the righteous.
17 Wherefore, he will preserve the righteous by his power, even if it so be that the fulness of his wrath must come, and the righteous be preserved, even unto the destruction of their enemies by fire. Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by fire. 1 Ne. 22:16-17

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

friendsofthe wrote:Daniel characterizes the destruction of America as “given to the burning flame”. No doubt that it will be some kind of a limited nuclear attack.
I have posted on this many times.

It is going to be a full scale nuclear attack, all those that have seen visions of the last days - saw both nuclear and biological.
Ezra Taft Benson: "The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the “abomination of desolation” is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction."

There are over 17,000 nukes in the world, we are the most wicked of every world ever created and in the most wicked time, all the world is going to be ablaze.

Does this not describe nuclear war, from the master Himself:
Matt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judæa flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

juniper wrote:I'm always watching what's going on in Chicago. I do believe this prophecy. I mean Is it coincidence that the world money exchange headquarters is in Chicago?
I thought the world money exchange headquarters is in Basel, Switzerland? You know the bank that runs all the nations of the worlds central banks--Bank for International Settlements (BIS)? Also I think that Operation Jade Helm which is scheduled for July 15 is more likely to be the cause of the saints "bondage" (D&C 103:15-20) than the money system collapsing in Chicago.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

WarMonger wrote:
I have posted on this many times.

It is going to be a full scale nuclear attack, all those that have seen visions of the last days - saw both nuclear and biological.
Ezra Taft Benson: "The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the “abomination of desolation” is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction."

There are over 17,000 nukes in the world, we are the most wicked of every world ever created and in the most wicked time, all the world is going to be ablaze.

Does this not describe nuclear war, from the master Himself:
Matt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judæa flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
When I say “limited nuclear attack” I mean limited to military targets and so I think we are pretty much on the same page. :)

cpac12
captain of 10

Post by cpac12 »

Moody's just rated Chicago bonds to 'junk bonds' status yesterday. Illinois is $44 billion in debt and growing daily. This state is in beginning's of a full scale financial meltdown. I know Detroit declared bankruptcy, and they are slowly rebuilding. What happens if Chicago or the state of Illinois declare bankruptcy?

Interesting question about who the sides will be on the civil war (rich v poor, democrat v republican, race war, etc...). I think it will be a combination of all three. This city is already segregated, so it won't take much to start a war of Southside v. Northside.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

cpac12 wrote:Moody's just rated Chicago bonds to 'junk bonds' status yesterday. Illinois is $44 billion in debt and growing daily. This state is in beginning's of a full scale financial meltdown. I know Detroit declared bankruptcy, and they are slowly rebuilding. What happens if Chicago or the state of Illinois declare bankruptcy?

Interesting question about who the sides will be on the civil war (rich v poor, democrat v republican, race war, etc...). I think it will be a combination of all three. This city is already segregated, so it won't take much to start a war of Southside v. Northside.
If all the wealthy Hollywood types would donate millions of dollars, why couldn't this supposed war be averted? On another note, just what can people 65 and older be able to do in defending themselves? If neighbor rises up against neighbor no one will be safe. Blood could flow on every street in the country. Either by people fighting each other or the neighborhoods against military and police coming to destroy our way of life one way or another. Jade Helm doesn't look good. Internment camps don't look good. Imprisonment doesn't look good, nor does patriots dying with their face in the dirt.
Is there truly enough people in this country that by standing together would be able to turn this crap around. I mean, since so many people are close to the end of their lives anyway, why not do so in a good cause, a cause for the return to freedom? Or has "flower power" carried over from the sixties and still reigns? If so, does this include daisies?

Just curious.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I’ve been writing and blogging for quite some time about how I think current events will lead us to a countdown to the Second Coming. (The 42 months) More recent events like Jade helm 15, the extreme weakness of the dollar, disorder in our cities, alarming conditions in Chicago and Johnathan Cahn’s information about the Shemitah have only served to convince me that our time is very short!

Ever since 2009 when I first published “Fall of the Great and Abominable Church” I’ve been convinced that O would go on to fulfill Daniel’s prophecy. Now I’m more convinced than ever! It appears that most of the puzzle parts are in place, just have to see how things play out this fall!

Another thing I’ve been saying for along time is that there is no turning things around because prophecy must be fulfilled. Some forum members used to take exception to that statement but not so much now. Wow, things are getting pretty scary!

We have to keep in mind that we ARE the generation of the Second Coming! The Lord has provided a way for us to get through this humongous mess but it will require our continued faith, humility, prayer and diligence.

Keep in mind that once we are on the other side of these tribulations we will be living in the New Jerusalem! Christ will wipe away our tears and fill our hearts with gratitude and joy! Brothers, sisters, keep the faith, we are on the winning side!

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

Can you explain this: "I’ve been convinced that O would go on to fulfill Daniel’s prophecy. Now I’m more convinced than ever!" ?? Very interested in what you mean. Thx.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Rosevhs wrote:
Can you explain this: "I’ve been convinced that O would go on to fulfill Daniel’s prophecy. Now I’m more convinced than ever!" ?? Very interested in what you mean. Thx.
Daniel saw the events leading up to the Second Coming. In chapter seven verse 9-10 he says:
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Joseph Smith told us that the Ancient of days was Adam and that he would come to Adam-Ondi-Ahman and that Christ would appear there as well. We know that AOA is in Missouri and so Daniel is talking about events that will unfold in America.

In chapter 2 Daniel says “in the days of these kings (of Europe) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed”. He is speaking of the restoration and the latter-day kingdom, again something that happens in America.

So all that Daniel prophecies of in these two chapters have their fulfillment in America.

Daniel also sees the 42 month long persecution of the saints leading up to the coming of the “Ancient of days”, he says:
20 even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom…
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
The saints are to be “given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time” or 42 months.

Now note what Daniel says, he says that this entity has “eyes, and a mouth that speaks very great things”, that he shall “made war with the saints, and prevailed against them” and that he “shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”.

Now, do you know any politicians who fit this description? Someone who is known for his much speaking or “speaks very great things”. Who ran his campaign on a theme of “change” and seeks to “change” or overthrow the “laws” (constitution) upon which America was founded?

That would be O!

You can read more of what I'm thinking about events leading up to the Second Coming on my blog here:
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Are we close to the 42 months? My latest blog...
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

Could it be that the 42 months begins this September - a possible time that many believe John the Revelator was speaking of in Revelations 12? For more on that please go to this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... vKR5neGYa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would be interested in your thoughts.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Rosevhs wrote:Could it be that the 42 months begins this September - a possible time that many believe John the Revelator was speaking of in Revelations 12? For more on that please go to this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... vKR5neGYa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would be interested in your thoughts.
Um, No!

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

Wow. I've never heard anyone shut down a scientific explanation of Revelations or anything Biblical quite so fast before! Bravo GrandMaster! Lol