Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
rdhill
captain of 10

Re: Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Post by rdhill »

I just edited / deleted this post because my husband emailed me and said he posted it under my account. Unfortunately it's already being quoted in subsequent comments, so it's perpetuating thoughts I did not share.

I actually stopped frequenting this forum because I found it to be generally too contentious. I can see now I should have deleted / closed my account.
Last edited by rdhill on May 25th, 2016, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdhill
captain of 10

Post by rdhill »

I just edited / deleted this post because my husband emailed me and said he posted it under my account. Unfortunately it's already being quoted in subsequent comments, so it's perpetuating thoughts I did not share.

I actually stopped frequenting this forum because I found it to be generally too contentious. I can see now I should have deleted / closed my account.
Last edited by rdhill on May 25th, 2016, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

I was asked to remove this thread.
Last edited by zionminded on May 25th, 2016, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

zionminded wrote:
rdhill wrote:
zionminded wrote:The LDS Church today is as dogmatic as it ever has been the past. In many ways, this culture swing is appropriate for the times we live given the mindset of our social-ecology. J.R. doesn't teach against the church, she actually supports what leaders have been saying. The problem arises that she's much more specific. I feel that the GA's aren't telling us what they know, while J.R. isn't as bridled. Can you imagine Thomas S Monson getting up in front of the church and saying that he's seen in vision that there will be an earthquake in the next couple years that will kill a hundred thousand people along the Wasatch front! Why, people would move away in spades and-or leave the church in drouths. Because J.R. doesn't hold a position of authority, she "gets away" with this... however, I can understand why some people would be more sensitive to the messenger, while the spirit testify's of the reality of the message.
Except for one problem. Here's a great quote from one of those prophets who are "bridled" with what they can and can't say (tell that to Abinadi, Samuel, Nephi, or the Savior Himself).

Harold B. Lee: Ensign, Jan. 1973 https://www.lds.org/ensign/1973/01/admo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... d?lang=eng
"There are among us many loose writings predicting the calamities which are about to overtake us. Some of these have been publicized as though they were necessary to wake up the world to the horrors about to overtake us. Many of these are from sources upon which there cannot be unquestioned reliance.
Are you priesthood bearers aware of the fact that we need no such publications to be forewarned, if we were only conversant with what the scriptures have already spoken to us in plainness?"

Joseph Fielding Smith also said: "If a man comes among the Latter-day Saints, professing to have received a vision or a revelation or a remarkable dream, and the Lord has given him such, he should keep it to himself. It is all out of order, in this Church, for somebody to invite him into a sacrament service (My addition: or a devotional or fireside) to relate that to the Church, because the Lord will give his revelations in the proper way, to the one who is appointed to receive and dispense the word of God to the members of the Church. . . .
Now, these stories of revelation, that are being circulated around, are of no consequence, except for rumor and silly talk by persons who have no authority….When you know God's truth, when you enter into God's rest, you will not be hunting after revelations from Tom, Dick and Harry (or Julie or Hector, etc.) all over the world. You will not be following the will-o'-the-wisp of the vagaries of men and women who advance nonsense and their own ideas. " (Conference Report (April 1938), 65–67.)

Does that sum up what the problem is for you? ;-)
I think "keeping it to ones self" is exactly what the adversary wants. It creates a culture to not rely on Christ for personal revelation. I can see how the church would want to keep visions of the future suppressed, however, I don't think it's helpful in the long run. If people would just know that personal revelation is biased, but they take things way to literal, because revelation is so strongly correlated now days.
So you're saying that a prophet of God named Joseph Fielding Smith is not being truthful and is purposefully deceiving people by telling them such things should be kept private ? That's dangerous ground to walk upon. There is personal revelation and then there is the revelation of a prophet of God acting as a prophet of God.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

zionminded wrote:
rdhill wrote:
zionminded wrote:The LDS Church today is as dogmatic as it ever has been the past. In many ways, this culture swing is appropriate for the times we live given the mindset of our social-ecology. J.R. doesn't teach against the church, she actually supports what leaders have been saying. The problem arises that she's much more specific. I feel that the GA's aren't telling us what they know, while J.R. isn't as bridled. Can you imagine Thomas S Monson getting up in front of the church and saying that he's seen in vision that there will be an earthquake in the next couple years that will kill a hundred thousand people along the Wasatch front! Why, people would move away in spades and-or leave the church in drouths. Because J.R. doesn't hold a position of authority, she "gets away" with this... however, I can understand why some people would be more sensitive to the messenger, while the spirit testify's of the reality of the message.
Except for one problem. Here's a great quote from one of those prophets who are "bridled" with what they can and can't say (tell that to Abinadi, Samuel, Nephi, or the Savior Himself).

Harold B. Lee: Ensign, Jan. 1973 https://www.lds.org/ensign/1973/01/admo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... d?lang=eng
"There are among us many loose writings predicting the calamities which are about to overtake us. Some of these have been publicized as though they were necessary to wake up the world to the horrors about to overtake us. Many of these are from sources upon which there cannot be unquestioned reliance.
Are you priesthood bearers aware of the fact that we need no such publications to be forewarned, if we were only conversant with what the scriptures have already spoken to us in plainness?"

Joseph Fielding Smith also said: "If a man comes among the Latter-day Saints, professing to have received a vision or a revelation or a remarkable dream, and the Lord has given him such, he should keep it to himself. It is all out of order, in this Church, for somebody to invite him into a sacrament service (My addition: or a devotional or fireside) to relate that to the Church, because the Lord will give his revelations in the proper way, to the one who is appointed to receive and dispense the word of God to the members of the Church. . . .
Now, these stories of revelation, that are being circulated around, are of no consequence, except for rumor and silly talk by persons who have no authority….When you know God's truth, when you enter into God's rest, you will not be hunting after revelations from Tom, Dick and Harry (or Julie or Hector, etc.) all over the world. You will not be following the will-o'-the-wisp of the vagaries of men and women who advance nonsense and their own ideas. " (Conference Report (April 1938), 65–67.)

Does that sum up what the problem is for you? ;-)
I think "keeping it to ones self" is exactly what the adversary wants. It creates a culture to not rely on Christ for personal revelation. I can see how the church would want to keep visions of the future suppressed, however, I don't think it's helpful in the long run. If people would just know that personal revelation is biased, but they take things way to literal, because revelation is so strongly correlated now days.
It sounds like you are implying that Joseph Fielding Smith was speaking the words of the devil. Is that the point you are trying to make?

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

MrNasty wrote:
It sounds like you are implying that Joseph Fielding Smith was speaking the words of the devil. Is that the point you are trying to make?
No

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Summerwind wrote: So you're saying that a prophet of God named Joseph Fielding Smith is not being truthful and is purposefully deceiving people by telling them such things should be kept private ? That's dangerous ground to walk upon. There is personal revelation and then there is the revelation of a prophet of God acting as a prophet of God.
No, he's speaking to the lowest common level to ones spiritual relationship with God. It doesn't make it deception, it makes it extremely foundational. Kind of like Moses spoke to the Israelites.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

there is also some fallacy about the fact that apparently if people claim to have these experiences, we are obligated to believe them as if we have need of a chaotic system for warning and teaching. Anything given outside the ordered channels of the priesthood is personal, and supplemental at best, not necessary or superceding anything we receive through the proper order because the Lord's house is a house of order, and he doeth nothing save he speaks to his servants the prophets. Either that, or the D&C isn't true scripture since both those loose references come from there.

The bottom line is that anyone who doesn't have priesthood authority and stewardship over the church is someone we may CHOOSE to believe or not believe because we will not be accountable for that as it is not doctrinal source. When it comes to personal experiences and revelation, there is a reason that they are personal, and there is a reason that they are not given in the seat of stewardship and authority. It is neat to speak with one another of various faith bolstering experiences, dreams, visions, and those things that build our testimony - but it becomes fallacy when we start to believe that it applies to others beyond our authority and stewardship or that they are obligated to listen.

I don't actually believe that Pres. Smith was speaking to the lowest common level at all. I think he was discussing the fact that it's chaotic to not hearken to the order that God has set in his house. We are told many of the elect will be deceived in the last days. Why do you suppose that is? Because they did not hearken to people's personal experiences? Or perhaps they did and listened to some of the wrong ones? I find the latter to be more likely than the former.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

The Lord gave this counsel to us;
"Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church." D&C 42:11

And what are they to teach?

"And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gosepl which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel." D&C 42:12

So, given this counsel from our Lord, why are we being chastized for not believing Julie Rowe when she is not 'known to the church' as one 'having authority' and she does not limit herself to preaching the principles of the gospel, but goes off on tangents of tent cities, debtor's prisons, Bigfoot, predicting earthquakes, etc.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Just thought it might be about time to revisit this thread...
AI2.0 wrote: January 26th, 2015, 11:18 am I found some of Julie Rowe's posts saved on a blog and found some interesting posts that may be good indicators as to whether or not Julie's dreams are actually significant.

<snip>

Future predictions:
The collapse does not happen until after the Saints have been invited to gather, which happens in early Spring of the year -

My feelings are within the next two years.

The call to gather is a call to action - faith is tested and it comes when things are not that bad and not much different than they are today ----which is one of the reasons so many don't go. It is not a rescue mission after the calamities have already begun- it is a "pre-rescue mission" before the worst of it starts.

Beware of those who give specific dates...this is not the pattern the Lord uses. He may tell times and seasons - rough estimates - as things get closer may tell specific days when needed - ----but not given from a place of fear but rather one of love and faith.

Perhaps there will be some temporary bank closings before the call to gather for safety - but the true and total collapse happens later - not this summer.

I know this. I am traveling for three and a half weeks in July and was given specific counsel and direction to follow clear back last October 2013. In August I will be doing more traveling long distances - again - that would not be possible if the collapse had already happened or was going to happen.

I have been told and shown specific things pertaining the events that will unfold for me and my family next fall and know that we are getting much closer.

My days in Arizona are soon coming to an end which is another indication that we are getting much closer to the time for the gathering.

June 11th, 2014 - Add Post To Favorites
She has set a time frame with this post. She's suggesting we will gather to tent cities by June 2016. That leaves a year and a half for this 'prophecy' to come true.

So do you think Julie has painted herself into a box with this post? What do you think of her predictions for 2014 which did not seem to come true?

Also, do you think my fears are unfounded that if people lose confidence in Julie's predictions when/if they do not come true, they may lose confidence and trust in the church and it's counsel to prepare?

Well, for what it's worth, I think it's safe to call this one a bust now as well. June 2016 came and went without a certain significant tent event... well, excepting the one I went to of course. B-)

Speaking of which - it seems that Julie truly believed things would be coming to a head in 2016, with a 'wake-up' earthquake happening last spring. In fact, she believed it so much that she apparently gave an exact time for it to happen: 4:06 am on May 5th, 2016. Don't believe me? Well, look what I just came across:

http://14427784.weebly.talkiforum.com/2 ... 496/page3/

According to Shelle McDermott (who has been part of the call-out crowd and supportive of Julie, and therefore no reason to disbelieve her): "She predicted one last Sept that didn't come to pass. She predicted on this morning at 4:06 and had people stay up all night worrying. This has got to stop." When someone questioned the 4:06 prediction and pressed for details Shelle replied "I promised the three people who saw the post I would not disclose their names. It was on a private chat group run by Julie. I have known these ladies for 2 years and would not question what they told me. Each came forward on their own. I should mention, she has since deleted the post." I'm assuming the 'she' in this last sentence is Julie Rowe. So unless you are willing to consider Julie's innermost circle of friends as liars then here is credible evidence of another false prediction of Julie's. It should be noted that when her "imminent" May earthquake didn't happen she later predicted (intimated, really... but I'm going to call a spade a spade - it was still a prediction) it would happen by Christmas. As we know, this was yet another failed prediction. Which makes her 0/3 on the Wasatch 'Wake-up' Earthquake.

And, as strange as it may seem, I have recently learned that Julie Rowe is back to her antics (how is it the scriptures phrase it? Ah, yes - "like a dog to his vomit...") and again warning people that the 'wake-up' earthquake is about to hit any time now. And you know what the worst part of it is? That a large number of people are still giving her the time of day. When will people really 'wake-up' and get it? :ymsigh:

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag wrote: April 14th, 2017, 9:59 pm Just thought it might be about time to revisit this thread...
AI2.0 wrote: January 26th, 2015, 11:18 am I found some of Julie Rowe's posts saved on a blog and found some interesting posts that may be good indicators as to whether or not Julie's dreams are actually significant.

<snip>

Future predictions:
The collapse does not happen until after the Saints have been invited to gather, which happens in early Spring of the year -

My feelings are within the next two years.

The call to gather is a call to action - faith is tested and it comes when things are not that bad and not much different than they are today ----which is one of the reasons so many don't go. It is not a rescue mission after the calamities have already begun- it is a "pre-rescue mission" before the worst of it starts.

Beware of those who give specific dates...this is not the pattern the Lord uses. He may tell times and seasons - rough estimates - as things get closer may tell specific days when needed - ----but not given from a place of fear but rather one of love and faith.

Perhaps there will be some temporary bank closings before the call to gather for safety - but the true and total collapse happens later - not this summer.

I know this. I am traveling for three and a half weeks in July and was given specific counsel and direction to follow clear back last October 2013. In August I will be doing more traveling long distances - again - that would not be possible if the collapse had already happened or was going to happen.

I have been told and shown specific things pertaining the events that will unfold for me and my family next fall and know that we are getting much closer.

My days in Arizona are soon coming to an end which is another indication that we are getting much closer to the time for the gathering.

June 11th, 2014 - Add Post To Favorites
She has set a time frame with this post. She's suggesting we will gather to tent cities by June 2016. That leaves a year and a half for this 'prophecy' to come true.

So do you think Julie has painted herself into a box with this post? What do you think of her predictions for 2014 which did not seem to come true?

Also, do you think my fears are unfounded that if people lose confidence in Julie's predictions when/if they do not come true, they may lose confidence and trust in the church and it's counsel to prepare?

Well, for what it's worth, I think it's safe to call this one a bust now as well. June 2016 came and went without a certain significant tent event... well, excepting the one I went to of course. B-)

Speaking of which - it seems that Julie truly believed things would be coming to a head in 2016, with a 'wake-up' earthquake happening last spring. In fact, she believed it so much that she apparently gave an exact time for it to happen: 4:06 am on May 5th, 2016. Don't believe me? Well, look what I just came across:

http://14427784.weebly.talkiforum.com/2 ... 496/page3/

According to Shelle McDermott (who has been part of the call-out crowd and supportive of Julie, and therefore no reason to disbelieve her): "She predicted one last Sept that didn't come to pass. She predicted on this morning at 4:06 and had people stay up all night worrying. This has got to stop." When someone questioned the 4:06 prediction and pressed for details Shelle replied "I promised the three people who saw the post I would not disclose their names. It was on a private chat group run by Julie. I have known these ladies for 2 years and would not question what they told me. Each came forward on their own. I should mention, she has since deleted the post." I'm assuming the 'she' in this last sentence is Julie Rowe. So unless you are willing to consider Julie's innermost circle of friends as liars then here is credible evidence of another false prediction of Julie's. It should be noted that when her "imminent" May earthquake didn't happen she later predicted (intimated, really... but I'm going to call a spade a spade - it was still a prediction) it would happen by Christmas. As we know, this was yet another failed prediction. Which makes her 0/3 on the Wasatch 'Wake-up' Earthquake.

And, as strange as it may seem, I have recently learned that Julie Rowe is back to her antics (how is it the scriptures phrase it? Ah, yes - "like a dog to his vomit...") and again warning people that the 'wake-up' earthquake is about to hit any time now. And you know what the worst part of it is? That a large number of people are still giving her the time of day. When will people really 'wake-up' and get it? :ymsigh:
I'm glad you bumped this, there are other predictions which never happened;

The Call out, which was supposed to have happened by spring/summer 2016

A 'true and total collapse' of the economy (This was the one associated with the Blood moons which so many insisted was going to happen in Sept.--2015, right? I can't even remember for sure, because it seems each Sept, they predict a total collapse of the economy. I know we could be headed for a collapse--it's a serious financial mess, but not when these 'soothsayers' predict it.)

She also warned "Beware of those who give specific dates...this is not the pattern the Lord uses.'

She ignored her own warning and gave a specific date for the Earthquake last spring, when it didn't happen, deleted it, but not before some saw it.
It caused a stir and questionings among her followers, I believe the private forum they refer to was Pathway to Zion, which she left last spring, after the Earthquake didn't happen.

Some really believed her, they were fearful to go to bed every night, taking pictures off the wall and moving furniture, thinking there was going to be a devastating earthquake, any time. I hope they aren't still living that way, it's been almost a year.

And yet, there are still those waiting for a 'call out', and how long has that been predicted? A long time.

We used to have a vocal support group of Julie Rowe defenders on this forum, but they've all seemed to fade away. I wonder if they still believe her? I suspect that now that she's once again pushing her Wasatch Wakeup, for this spring, we'll see if she has many who put any stock in her predictions.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Julie just makes up things to make her popular.....

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

This thread died before the biggest blunder of Julie Rowe's career in predicting the future happened; I thought it fitting to post this here.

Last year in May Julie Rowe went on a radio station and made a bold (her own words) prediction of an earthquake (and a subsequent larger one)--she called the wasatch wakeup. From the interview;
My understanding right now is this interview that I’m having with you Bryan, is the last opportunity I have to essentially publicly testify and witness of our Savior Jesus Christ, testify of His plan, and warn many of our brothers and sisters that there is a very imminent earthquake on the Wasatch Front. What I’ve been shown and told is this is my last opportunity to do a live interview before that earthquake is going to happen. After that earthquake happens, which is happening very soon, then I’m going to get hit by a whirlwind of media.
I want to be very clear that The Lord does give dates sometimes when He needs us to know them, but that doesn’t mean that we share them. Yet I have been given permission to be very bold today to let you know that we have some very imminent things coming upon us within a matter of days.
Julie: Right. I actually saw numerous earthquakes in the Utah-Idaho area, but particularly what I refer to, because they’ve told me this on the other side, the “Wasatch Wake-Up Earthquake,” which for a long time those on the other side, ministering angels and those that are some of my guardian angels, have been letting me know that that earthquake was “soon,” and about a week and a half, two weeks ago that message changed to “imminent.” So we’ve gone from soon to imminent. Now obviously that’s relative in The Lord’s time, right? Because He doesn’t keep time the same way we do here linearly, but what I see is that is literally imminent as in it could be any day. It’s very surreal to be at this point.

A lot of people will say, “Hey we made it through the big one,” when in fact that’s not true. This is literally a wake-up call early in the morning as I see it. I posted some on my blog. I was finally given permission from The Spirit a couple of days ago, about last week, to post more details. If you go to Julie Rowe Prepare dot com, you can see there are several things posted there but one is titled, probably two weeks ago, “The Wasatch Wake Up.” So there’s one called, “The Wasatch Wake-Up” and one about five or seven days later that says, “What is the Wasatch Wake Up?” I encourage everyone listening now or listening later, go to those and see what I was able to say. I was given those words and it was hard because I wanted to say more, but was not given permission from The Spirit to do that. That will be of help to some. I encourage anybody in Utah especially, some in Idaho but Utah especially along the Wasatch, if you have any kind of mirrors or things above your bed, things that could, you know, you’re asleep at 4, 4:30, 5 in the morning, and you were to be awakened with shaking, you would minimize anything that might fall and bump you on the head or something like that.

Bryan: What were some of the things that you observed in terms of the amount of damage? I mean, if this is a wake up, I’m guessing that this would not be an all-out, off-the-charts kind of quake.

Julie: Right. So what I see is, depending on where you are, the epicenter and what’s being reported, is a 6.6 to a 7, the epicenter being in Salt Lake, centralized at the U of U and the hospital up there. As it goes out from there, with different shifting on the fault lines, anywhere from a 5.5 to a 5.6 directly on the Wasatch. You go into Sanpete, up the Rexburg area, into Cache valley and down where you are [St. George], you’re going to feel that. The tremors would be lighter, but if you get a 3.5, 4.5 you’re still going to feel that pretty well compared to what you’re used to.
Bryan: What did you see in terms of the Wasatch Wake Up? You mentioned that it occurs early in the morning?

Julie: Yes. I see a full, sunny day with relatively warm weather, actually a little bit unseasonably warm, and then kind of a late night, middle of the night, last minute cold front coming in where they don’t even really give a warning because it’s 3 in the morning, people are asleep. There’s a little bit of snow, and I see wet snow, so that the morning that people are awakened when the sun comes up after the aftershocks on that initial shake, about 6, 6:30 and people start coming outside in their robes and pajamas, kind of freaked out and they look to survey the damage in their areas, homes and neighborhoods, I see green grass, like a fresh, spring green grass, the roads are wet, there’s been no plowing, it’s wet roads and the grass is wet, not from frost, it’s wet from melting snow and rain, and then small patches of melting snow would be outside of the snow being water and wet. Very, very wet snow, barely turned to snow, most of it is rain and I don’t even remember seeing sleet, it’s not icy like that so much.

Then there’s of course aftershocks and things like that. That’s the initial wake up. We’re talking, not this year but later on, an off the charts 9, 9.5, 10 earthquake that will come later. This one is literally a wake up in the morning, and aftershocks for a couple days initially and then here and there throughout the next year or so.
In the short term, I see a lot going on with the elections, and I’ve addressed those in other shows and maybe after this earthquake you can have me back on and we’ll go into more of that, because that will be imminent after the earthquake.
http://julieroweprepare.com/julie-rowe- ... h-wake-up/

So we all know that the earthquake didn't happen and Julie started the backtracking, she did do another interview, when there was no earthquake. On her podcasts, she's tried to explain that she was mistaken about it being spring because she saw green grass and assumed it was spring. Now she's saying it could come in summer or fall. I think she's forgetting about seeing all the 'wet wet snow' which would not happen in Summer.

So, the Wasatch wake up is her biggest fail to date, in my opinion.

Julie did go on Bryan Hyde's show after the elections, in November 2016--she made predictions about the elections-- ebt cards wouldn't work (this was for the black friday sales after thanksgiving) Trump tower bombed, Trump shot or stabbed, assassinations and attempted assassinations, major riots--all this was going to happen last year during the weeks between the election of Trump and his taking office. All more predictions which failed to materialize.

Yet, she's writing more books, has her own podcast shows, continues to have her followers. It truly is amazing her lack of ability to predict future events doesn't seem to have any effect on her popularity.

shotx
captain of 50

Post by shotx »

AI2.0 wrote: August 30th, 2017, 10:26 am It truly is amazing her lack of ability to predict future events doesn't seem to have any effect on her popularity.
Human nature. People generally find whatever they're looking for. If someone wants something to be true badly enough, they'll find whatever justifications they need to believe it.

There have been predictions of "imminent" disasters and non-recoverable tribulations for going on 200 years now. A civil war, two world wars, a global depression, countless recessions, assassinations, nuclear stalemates, natural disasters, and controversial politicians later, here we still are... The world is still turning, economies are still working, and nobody is fleeing to the wilderness. Bad stuff keeps happening, but people eventually pick up and move on, only for the the next round of "the big event is REALLY just around the corner now," predictions and psuedo-prophecies to formulate.

jim
captain of 10

Post by jim »

On Friday I listened to her podcast on the Davidic Servant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXxaSI8q2_I)
In it she says there's a prophet, priest and king and a witness, and these form the Davidic servant.
She says that some of these are relatives of each other.

I have a hard time believing what she said because in the first part of the podcast
she says she has a sure witness of these things (by the Spirit, her NDE's and John the Beloved).

Then between the 12 minute mark and 14 minute mark she says that John the Beloved is Jesus' brother (meaning physical brother).
Which it seems she gathered from an incorrect reading of
Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
However, a quick trip to the Bible Dictionary under the entry for John, and you'll see that James and John are brothers (surnamed Boanerges, meaning sons of thunder), not Jesus and John were brothers.

Since she says that John the Beloved is personally teaching her many of these things, how can we have any confidence in her message when the John the Beloved that is visiting her apparently doesn't know who his own brothers are?

Here's some garbled transcript for the relevant portion thanks to Youtube's close captioned feature and excel (apologies for the lack of good paragraph breaks and punctuation and occasional wrong word transcribed).
say I learned of this through the Spirit
through my NDEs that I've had and
through confirmations of what they've
been showing me regarding my mission and
that of others I have learned firsthand from John
and I think this is fitting given that that
that there are examples in the first chapter
of John in the New Testament if you better John first
chapter go to chapter 19 and start reading till about
25 26 and you'll learn some more about that John
the Baptist was what is considered the hidden portion of
the presidency he came

as a witness of the Savior Jesus Christ prior to
Christ's coming and fulfilling his mission that was
during the fourth dispensation presidency so we
have Peter James and John's who are a type and
shadow coming down as prophet priest and King and
then then what most people don't realize which has
not been recorded or has not been noticed or has not been
qualified is the role that

there is a fourth member of the presidency serving
as the witness so let's let's break this down a
little bit there are some patterns that occur the
king is always an archangel the priest
and King are always taken in the same

manner they're either translated or martyred and the
priests and King are always related
by blood their father son brothers half-brothers

so in this case the Davidic servant is
the king meaning Jesus Christ

his brother which is the priest is John the Beloved
the prophet is the Hopi Indian which I
I don't have permission from
the spirit to disclose that person's name and Elias is

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

I have to stifle a bit of a laugh. She's not a very good scriptorian, nor very good at grammar if she thought John was Jesus's physical brother.

I have long thought this podcast was because there are others doing podcasts that have become popular and her blog posts are weird and disjointed, and mostly nonsense or youtube videos. And her books are so full of doctrinal error that they aren't doing well anymore now. She desired another medium to draw the crowds especially to donate to her little fund thing. I don't think it's working well to be honest, especially when she makes such easy errors.

John the Beloved has been with the 10 tribes preparing them for their return one day. Why would he be her personal tutor?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

jim wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:21 am On Friday I listened to her podcast on the Davidic Servant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXxaSI8q2_I)
In it she says there's a prophet, priest and king and a witness, and these form the Davidic servant.
She says that some of these are relatives of each other.

I have a hard time believing what she said because in the first part of the podcast
she says she has a sure witness of these things (by the Spirit, her NDE's and John the Beloved).

Then between the 12 minute mark and 14 minute mark she says that John the Beloved is Jesus' brother (meaning physical brother).
Which it seems she gathered from an incorrect reading of
Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
However, a quick trip to the Bible Dictionary under the entry for John, and you'll see that James and John are brothers (surnamed Boanerges, meaning sons of thunder), not Jesus and John were brothers.

Since she says that John the Beloved is personally teaching her many of these things, how can we have any confidence in her message when the John the Beloved that is visiting her apparently doesn't know who his own brothers are?

Here's some garbled transcript for the relevant portion thanks to Youtube's close captioned feature and excel (apologies for the lack of good paragraph breaks and punctuation and occasional wrong word transcribed).
say I learned of this through the Spirit
through my NDEs that I've had and
through confirmations of what they've
been showing me regarding my mission and
that of others I have learned firsthand from John
and I think this is fitting given that that
that there are examples in the first chapter
of John in the New Testament if you better John first
chapter go to chapter 19 and start reading till about
25 26 and you'll learn some more about that John
the Baptist was what is considered the hidden portion of
the presidency he came

as a witness of the Savior Jesus Christ prior to
Christ's coming and fulfilling his mission that was
during the fourth dispensation presidency so we
have Peter James and John's who are a type and
shadow coming down as prophet priest and King and
then then what most people don't realize which has
not been recorded or has not been noticed or has not been
qualified is the role that

there is a fourth member of the presidency serving
as the witness so let's let's break this down a
little bit there are some patterns that occur the
king is always an archangel the priest
and King are always taken in the same

manner they're either translated or martyred and the
priests and King are always related
by blood their father son brothers half-brothers

Thanks for sharing this. You are right, she's wrong in claiming that John the Beloved was Jesus' brother, he is James' brother and this is not the same James (the just) who is Jesus' brother. Unfortunately, I suspect that her intended audience won't know this, because it can be confusing and it sounds plausible.

I haven't listened to that podcast yet. Since there are many on the forum who are pushing this theory of a Davidic servant who apparently is not the same as the Messiah Ben David, it will be interesting to see how her claims line up with their theories/claims.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Summerwind wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:25 am I have to stifle a bit of a laugh. She's not a very good scriptorian, nor very good at grammar if she thought John was Jesus's physical brother.

I have long thought this podcast was because there are others doing podcasts that have become popular and her blog posts are weird and disjointed, and mostly nonsense or youtube videos. And her books are so full of doctrinal error that they aren't doing well anymore now. She desired another medium to draw the crowds especially to donate to her little fund thing. I don't think it's working well to be honest, especially when she makes such easy errors.

John the Beloved has been with the 10 tribes preparing them for their return one day. Why would he be her personal tutor?
I agree with you, I think she's trying to extend her audience. I also wonder if her charity has done anything so far to help people, we've certainly had many opportunities in the last while where her organization could provide relief. I wonder if she'll do a podcast or update of what the Greater relief fund is doing to help in these hurricanes and the earthquake in mexico. Also, notice she did not predict any of these things, even in her podcasts, when she talks about seeing things happening in areas of the US, she didn't see the hurricanes and flooding.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

AI2.0 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:38 am
Summerwind wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:25 am I have to stifle a bit of a laugh. She's not a very good scriptorian, nor very good at grammar if she thought John was Jesus's physical brother.

I agree with you, I think she's trying to extend her audience. I also wonder if her charity has done anything so far to help people, we've certainly had many opportunities in the last while where her organization could provide relief. I wonder if she'll do a podcast or update of what the Greater relief fund is doing to help in these hurricanes and the earthquake in mexico. Also, notice she did not predict any of these things, even in her podcasts, when she talks about seeing things happening in areas of the US, she didn't see the hurricanes and flooding.
From what I understand, her fund is meant for those fleeing to the call out, not for others. I could definitely be wrong though. Yes, there are people in need even now with the various disasters around the nation let alone the world. But as far as I've seen, they haven't done much besides collect meager resources.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

The Greater Relief Fund is the The Greater Julie Fund, Most of that money goes in Julie's pocket and for things for Julie you can believe that. She will be predicting a callout right up until the day she dies of old age.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

mirkwood wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:12 pm The not quite Wasatch Wake Up?

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45850708&nid=1 ... -park-city
Well, I didn't feel it in Salt Lake City, so it is more like hitting the snooze button.

jim
captain of 10

Re: Julie Rowe has no ability to prophesy

Post by jim »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 18th, 2017, 7:21 pm
jim wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:21 am

And Elias is who?! Oh, come on! You cut it off just as it was getting interesting! :x
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 18th, 2017, 7:21 pm
And Elias is who?! Oh, come on! You cut it off just as it was getting interesting! :x
LOL

I hate to break it to you, but she kind of trailed off at that point.
You did make me realize though as I went back through the next part of the transcript,
she did get Jesus's brother being James correct. So maybe she meant James in the first
place, but said John. I'll give her the benefit of that doubt.

Here's the next part for those interested
[again I'm not cleaning up formatting WYSIWYG]:
a title given to the witness in the presidency and in this
case Elias which is the number of the presidency is
the Davidic servants friend they all together
are considered Davidic servants

but it's a Davidic servant presidency
and the Davidic King in this dispensation of the sixth Association of
the gathering of the elect is Jesus
Christ in the seventh dispensation which
is Enoch we have Elias being the witness of Noah and Moses
the Prophet Joseph Smith the priest Elijah and the
King Enoch if you back this up going to
previous dispensations the first one

being out of incest second Noah and Shem
the third Moses and Aaron the fourth
Jesus and James the fifth Joseph Smith

and Hyrum Smith and then that leaves us
again into the sixth dispensation and
you can follow that pattern I encourage
you to study that one of the ways that
we know that the Church of Jesus Christ
of latter-day saints was the TRUE church

and is the TRUE church with the ordinances
this is one of many ways is that it follows the
pattern that have been established in the
scriptures so look for the patterns in the
scriptures when you're looking for information
and understanding on these greater mystery

so there's a sensation that's about to come forth but
hasn't yet is this distance ition and that
we talk about so what I see is we are we
are entering in to the next dispensation of
the fullness of time we are in the
dispensation of the gathering of the words elect
those of us that have been for ordained to
help gather the elect have been charged

with the Commission to witness and testify
of Jesus Christ and of his mission thereby helping
the Lord gather his children home
prior to the enoch dispensation which
takes us into the seventh dispensation
the Davidic servant or the King being

Jesus Christ will later become part of
the next dispensation as an archangel
the Archangels Gabriel [Jerry?] [Mel?] and [reg?]
well and [cereal?] oversee the seventh
Enoch dispensation
If you want more go watch the youtube video I linked above.
But it looks like she agrees with you Anarchist on Jesus Christ
being the King in your response here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46535&start=120#p808602

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Please forgive me if this has been said, I'm not going to waste my valuable sleeping time to read about what Julie Rowe said, but based on the title of this topic I wanted to add my opinion for what it's worth:

I do not believe Julie Rowe has any ability whatever to prophesy. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nichts. Gornischt.

The end.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

skmo wrote: September 19th, 2017, 12:22 am Please forgive me if this has been said, I'm not going to waste my valuable sleeping time to read about what Julie Rowe said, but based on the title of this topic I wanted to add my opinion for what it's worth:

I do not believe Julie Rowe has any ability whatever to prophesy. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nichts. Gornischt.

The end.
Back when I started it a couple of years ago, the purpose of the thread was to document her record of accuracy. After her many 'fails' I guess I should have titled it "Julie Rowe's INability to prophesy;" ;)