5 month war & 13 month war????

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
WarMonger
captain of 100

Re: 5 month war & 13 month war????

Post by WarMonger »

Carlos wrote:Golly, I was hoping you'd be asking for at least 2 billion dead to approach the 1/3 figure. After all, 200,000,000 soldiers should be able to put more than just 1/2 notch on each of their rifles. Come on Warmonger, let's get realistic here.
The meteorites and comments that crash into the earth and initially kill 1/3 of all living things in the sea then all living things in the sea are killed, and the hailstones weighing a talent - I am sure there is plenty of death coming from that.

Yeah I know the frustration it is much more exhilarating to see the face of the enemy as they die. Unfortunately he heavens are gong to do the smiting on the world so that they know it is G_d's punishment and not the doings of man.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

But tell me this: do you think we should encourage that war, or do all we can to prevent it?

Therefore, renounce war and proclaim peace, and seek diligently to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, and the hearts of the fathers to the children; (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, D&C 98)

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Seal 1: 4000bc - 3000bc, White Horse, Divide up land
Seal 2: 3000bc - 2000bc, Red Horse, War over boarders
Seal 3: 2000bc - 1000bc, Black Horse, Money = City Living
Seal 4: 1000bc - 1bc, Pale Horse, City Living = Disease
Seal 5: 1bc -1000ad, Christian Martyrs
Seal 6: 1000ad - 2000ad, Apostasy and Restoration
Seal 7: 2000ad - 3000ad, 1/2hr silence, 7 Trumpets of Tribulation, 3 Woes, 7 Vials of Wrath, Second Coming.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

abelchirino wrote: Isn't the story of Greece against Persia, more or less, an underdog story? In that case, Persia could not represent Iran because the US is not the underdog against Iran. Somebody please shine some light or insight on this.
Greece under Alexander the Great was no underdog. By the time Greece got to Persia (Iran), they were already a great empire and already had conquered much of the Middle East amd Mediterranean. After defeating the Persians, Alexander tbe Great died mysteriously and Greece was divided in 4 kingdoms.

Will history repeat itself?

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

davedan wrote:
But tell me this: do you think we should encourage that war, or do all we can to prevent it?
Therefore, renounce war and proclaim peace, and seek diligently to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, and the hearts of the fathers to the children; (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, D&C 98)
Thank you.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

I still believe in a strong military.

Leading from behind has not worked. Constantly drawing and redrawing red lines has not worked. Sending MRE's to a country asking for arms to defend itself, has not worked. The winds of war are blowing again and the proper response is not to bend with that wind by weakening our military. Weakness invites aggression. Strength discourages it. If you really want peace, demand that our leaders in Congress and the White House enhance our military, not deplete it.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

Bee Prepared wrote:I still believe in a strong military.

Leading from behind has not worked. Constantly drawing and redrawing red lines has not worked. Sending MRE's to a country asking for arms to defend itself, has not worked. The winds of war are blowing again and the proper response is not to bend with that wind by weakening our military. Weakness invites aggression. Strength discourages it. If you really want peace, demand that our leaders in Congress and the White House enhance our military, not deplete it.
Demand as you wish, they still won't do it ... their masters are the ones who paid for their billion dollar campaigns ... not the electorate.

Carlos
captain of 100

Post by Carlos »

WarMonger wrote:
Carlos wrote:Golly, I was hoping you'd be asking for at least 2 billion dead to approach the 1/3 figure. After all, 200,000,000 soldiers should be able to put more than just 1/2 notch on each of their rifles. Come on Warmonger, let's get realistic here.
The meteorites and comments that crash into the earth and initially kill 1/3 of all living things in the sea then all living things in the sea are killed, and the hailstones weighing a talent - I am sure there is plenty of death coming from that.

Yeah I know the frustration it is much more exhilarating to see the face of the enemy as they die. Unfortunately he heavens are gong to do the smiting on the world so that they know it is G_d's punishment and not the doings of man.
Oh yea, I forgot about those pesky meteorites and comments (actually it's "hail mingled with fire and blood"). Yes that's right, all green grass burns, but only 1/3 of the trees. I wonder how my house will hold up if my green grass catches on fire. I'll probably have to evacuate to the street and watch it all go up in smoke. Sigh. Oh yes, fyi, the hailstones the size of a talent fall after Armageddon. That's not as scary as the green grass burning though.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Bee Prepared wrote:I still believe in a strong military.

I agree with you Bee. A strong military really is, along with just a few other things, the best way to avoid war.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Carlos wrote:Oh yea, I forgot about those pesky meteorites and comments (actually it's "hail mingled with fire and blood"). Yes that's right, all green grass burns, but only 1/3 of the trees. I wonder how my house will hold up if my green grass catches on fire. I'll probably have to evacuate to the street and watch it all go up in smoke. Sigh. Oh yes, fyi, the hailstones the size of a talent fall after Armageddon. That's not as scary as the green grass burning though.
I was being melodramatic and stirring up trouble trying to make a point out of frustration with the 6th vs 7th seals, and the comprehension of how bad things are going to become.

But you have the vision now - so I will hold back from further fear mongering.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Russia faked its own demise. The West built up Russia's oil and gas infrastructure. America's manufacturing was offshored to China. Russia and China have been using their wealth all this time to modernize and expand their millitary and nuclear arsenals. Many US advance designs have been stolen from us and built for the Russian Millitary including Sealth Submarines with supercavativing torpedoes, and anti-ship ballistic missiles.

All this time while the Russian and Chinese build up the US Military has cut its nuclear arsenal and number of Nuclear sub patrols as well as cuting or delaying next-gen programs and being spead out in conflicts in the Middle East.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Davedan,

Actually, the first supercavitating torpedos were russian, and were tested by the ( ending by mistake sunken) Kursk. Supercavitation as a theoretical device is french, and intended for a boost not unlike an afterburner for submarines.

There were other secrets leaked to the russians. Supercavitation isn't one of them.

Lastsugjttj
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Lastsugjttj »

This is a link that anwsers your question
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1983/10/book ... w?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

are we sure that this stuff means what you think it means? Revelations is a book with colored descriptions and figurative language that is easily misinterpreted. It seems to me that a lot of the generally accepted meanings of passages were pushed by early Christian scholars and learned men. should we not try to think outside the box?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

No, in this case we shouldn't try to think outside the box of LDS thinking. We should be thinking outside the box of "mainstream Christianity" and doing the LDS thing of praying for understanding of the contents of The Revelation of St. John as opposed to accepting what other Christians tell us those words mean or trying to interpret them ourselves.

If we had enough faith and were living righteously enough, we wouldn't even be praying for understanding. In that situation we would be praying to be shown those things ourselves, and in most cases those prayerful requests would eventually be granted.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Based on the LDS overview of the Book of Revelation, the big universal earthquake where the sun darkens and the moon turns to blood and the wicked think it is the end of the world, is due to happen any day now, before the opening of the 7th seal. I didn't realize that.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

friendsofthe wrote: December 5th, 2014, 10:02 pm
H_p wrote:
There's also the great earthquake (Rev 6:12-17), which is a 6th-seal event. From how I'm reading those verses, I don't think it has happened yet, either.
Yes h-p you are correct, also in the verses you reference, we are still waiting for the sun to be darkened, moon to be turned to blood and the stars falling form heaven.
Soon the moon ... Image