When it comes.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Goonerboy
captain of 50

When it comes.

Post by Goonerboy »

I have seen on this forum the many comments of what people think will happen when things finally go down. Much has been said of what the Church will do in the United States but is there anything that the Church has in place for those of us living in the UK? We know that the Church has many Farms that produce food here so was wondering what would happen when the shops run empty and many of us here live in smaller homes which makes it extremely difficult to have much of a food storage. Any Thoughts?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: When it comes.

Post by Robin Hood »

Goonerboy wrote:I have seen on this forum the many comments of what people think will happen when things finally go down. Much has been said of what the Church will do in the United States but is there anything that the Church has in place for those of us living in the UK? We know that the Church has many Farms that produce food here so was wondering what would happen when the shops run empty and many of us here live in smaller homes which makes it extremely difficult to have much of a food storage. Any Thoughts?
Hey Goonerboy, welcome to the forum.
I thought I was the only Brit here. Great to have you along.

You're right, most of the talk on here is centred on the US. I suppose that is to be expected. However, you're also right to point out that the saints live all over the world. In fact there are more non-US saints than US ones.
Food storage, especially a years supply, is not very practical for most of us here, but we do what we can. I believe the principle of grace applies to this issue as to all others in the gospel. Do what you can and have faith that the Lord will make up the difference. But in the end the only real hope any of us have for protection and survival when the brown stuff hits the fan is personal righteousness. The Lord says he will protect the righteous, not those who have a years supply of food. And as High Nibley reminds us, the righteous are those who are repenting.
The church farms here in the UK, mostly in East Anglia, are for profit enterprises and are not run on the same basis as some of those in the US. Members can't work on them and there are no canneries etc. This could change in the future I suppose.

Anyway, nice to see you on here.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

Robin Hood, Thanks for your reply. The Brethren have been telling us for some time that when things start to happen, members of the Church who have the spirit with them will most likely survive. A bit like the blood on the door scenario for the Children of Israel. Been reading how many members are leaving the church due to different groups forming in the States, being deceived. How clear does it need to be than to just follow the Prophet of the Lord. The Lord has told us He will never allow a Prophet to lead the people astray yet some members get lost in the mists of darkness and go off in forbidden paths.

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

Take courage world wide saints. You have not been forgotten. There will be cities of light all over the world to preserve the saints. I started praying for my subdivision to be a place of light that the wicked would fear to be there about 2 years ago. After a while, the Spirit said to me, "The Lord has heard your prayer, it will be answered and Stockbridge (my little town) will become a city of light to preserve the Saints. Therefore, increase the size of your prayers for the whole of Stockbridge." Even before this I was instructed to begin to prepare for refugees. I might add that 10+ years ago Gordon B. Hinckley spoke to my sister's stake in Columbia, SC and told them to prepare for refugees. He did not say from where, just prepare. I believe that saints will be brought to Zion by miraculous means if necessary and there will be those of us who have prepared to receive them. I believe there will be a call out too; but, you will know if that applys to you or not. It will be so organized it will look like a play. Brothers, fast and pray until you are sure what the Lord wants you to do. Maybe He would have you pray for your area to be a city of light. Also, one scripture I have claimed as a promise of the Lord to me is Psalms 91. If we are in relationship with Him, He's got our back. :D

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Reggie, I believe you are correct. The Lord will save His saints when the cleansing occurs. Some of us may not survive due to being humans, but many of the Saints all over the world will be spared. The Lord will work His miracles for the righteous. But we must do all that is within our power to prepare.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Goonerboy wrote:I have seen on this forum the many comments of what people think will happen when things finally go down. Much has been said of what the Church will do in the United States but is there anything that the Church has in place for those of us living in the UK? We know that the Church has many Farms that produce food here so was wondering what would happen when the shops run empty and many of us here live in smaller homes which makes it extremely difficult to have much of a food storage. Any Thoughts?
From "The Cleansing of America"
A Flood of New Inhabitants Will Come To America
The scriptures tell us that as soon as America has been cleansed of the Gentile wickedness which contaminated her, the Lord will undertake to bring all the members of His Church from Europe, Asia, and the islands of the sea to “the land . . . choice above all other lands.” [2]
1 Nephi 13:30. This could be future, interesting!
30 Nevertheless, thou beholdest that the Gentiles who have gone forth out of captivity, and have been lifted up by the power of God above all other nations, upon the face of the land which is choice above all other lands, which is the land that the Lord God hath covenanted with thy father that his seed should have for the land of their inheritance; wherefore, thou seest that the Lord God will not suffer that the Gentiles will utterly destroy the mixture of thy seed, which are among thy brethren.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

As a matter of interest on this note, I am a missionary at the Bishops Storehouse. Granted, I'm in Utah, but this apparently applies elsewhere. I don't know how these things work in the rest of the world, but we were told that in addition to the regular inspections of the grain silos near the storehouse here, the "church will be using these more now." We were not told what that means exactly, but the church is going to be storing and using the grain it grows a lot more than it has to this date.

Also, I wonder if the process will stay in place that we already have to transfer resources from the US Saints to the ones in other countries. Elder Carlos Godoy (sp?) spoke at our stake conference a few months ago, and said the Saints in South America are very grateful for the tithes and offerings of the US Saints that do a great deal to help them in their poverty.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

sen6b, perhaps this is the result of our leaders ignoring The Proclamation on the Family. We were warned about "calamities" if we didn't heed the proclamation.