Ebola-No security in airports (my wife's experience)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Ebola-No security in airports (my wife's experience)

Post by iWriteStuff »

Jezebel wrote:So does anyone here on this board know anyone who has Ebola? Does anyone know someone who knows someone with Ebola? Has anyone had any firsthand or even secondhand experience with Ebola at all? Hell, I'll settle for third or fourth hand.

I find it highly suspicious that a person could go to a city in Africa and feel certain that no cases of a certain illness were in the city he was staying in when he's in a country where the disease is most prevalent. I have seen so many scares about different diseases come and go that remain unsubstantiated by any proof I could get my hands on, that I'm more inclined to think someone is making the whole thing up than that I am in danger. Besides, I've seen evidence of the government lying again and again. They've kind of lost my trust.

Show me the proof, baby! Something that I can see myself. Then I'll believe. Otherwise, I'm so unafraid of Ebola, it's not even funny.
Personally, if my neighbor starts bleeding from the eyes and ears while vomiting on my yard, I'd rather see as little of them as possible! Not saying it'll happen, simply that my awareness is up a bit more than normal.

On a totally unrelated note, I used to be an accountant for a nationwide health insurance company. Has anyone noticed that their deductibles went up, as well as their premiums? Rising deductibles are used as a disincentive for medical care utilization. In other words, they put the lion's share of the financial burden on YOU up front so that you won't want to use it. This is also one of the major effects of the PPACA, aka Obamacare. How do you solve a doctor shortage when giving more people access to fewer doctors? Make doctors visits too expensive for people to want to go.

Perhaps the reason I bring this up is because people who just think they have the "flu" will be less likely to get treatment, thus allowing the disease to progress much further and faster until they are beyond help and extremely contagious to their family and everyone around. On the other hand, those without health insurance (lower on the poverty scale, perhaps illegal immigrants) will be the ones most effected by ebola as they go to the ER for treatment rather than a doctor. Long story short, be careful who handles your food and be wary of hospitals, especially ERs.

My $.02.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

abelchirino wrote:
Jezebel wrote:So does anyone here on this board know anyone who has Ebola? Does anyone know someone who knows someone with Ebola? Has anyone had any firsthand or even secondhand experience with Ebola at all? Hell, I'll settle for third or fourth hand.

I find it highly suspicious that a person could go to a city in Africa and feel certain that no cases of a certain illness were in the city he was staying in when he's in a country where the disease is most prevalent. I have seen so many scares about different diseases come and go that remain unsubstantiated by any proof I could get my hands on, that I'm more inclined to think someone is making the whole thing up than that I am in danger. Besides, I've seen evidence of the government lying again and again. They've kind of lost my trust.

Show me the proof, baby! Something that I can see myself. Then I'll believe. Otherwise, I'm so unafraid of Ebola, it's not even funny.
It's a coworker of my wife. Well, he used to be a coworker. My wife is now assigned to his school. He did go to Africa and when he returned he didn't see any security measures taken. They were just letting everybody through with no inspection at all. I am only saying this, not to scare people, but, to inform everybody that if an outbreak occurs in the United States, that it wasn't an accident. I hope nothing happens and I definitely would not make something like this up. The coach told this to my wife around August or July (before the start of the school year).
Yes, exactly. He didn't encounter the disease in a country supposedly one of the worst affected by it. What a wonderful disease that you can be so sure you won't catch it within city limits, only outside the city.

shotx
captain of 50

Post by shotx »

More info that hasn't gone public yet... This is getting even more disturbing.

Both the CDC and Homeland Security are afraid that we may soon see a rising flood of West African "refugees" trying to gain access to US soil. Some of them will come already carrying Ebola. There are two reasons for this fear:

1. CDC believes the patient in Texas boarded a plane for the US fully knowing that he had likely contracted Ebola. He came anyway because the situation in Liberia is so desperate that medical care is now virtually inaccessible. People are being turned away at the door of hospitals and sent home to die.

2. News has spread all over Western Africa about the experimental vaccine that was used to help the two infected American doctors recover. This has apparently morphed into a belief that the US has some new cure for the disease that they're not sharing.

Obviously there are a limited number of people in these countries who will be able to get to the US legally, through the front door. Although, if one infected person already has, he surely won't be the last. And even if this one wasn't contagious during travel, there's no guarantee that the next one won't be.

But, there could be many, many more who attempt to come in through indirect routes and illegal border crossings. As the situation in Africa worsens, people will get more desperate to get out - especially if they believe they'll be cured in an American hospital. I'm told that officials secretly believe it's only a matter of time before African refugees start showing up in South/Central American countries, trying to get to our southern border. Obviously the implications of that are frightening. Many areas of Latin America are no more prepared to deal with this virus than Africa is, but once it starts spreading through those populations, both African and Latin American refugees will be carrying it to and across our border before we know it.

Steps for severely limiting travel and increasing border security are quietly in the works, according to my friend. But, he doesn't know details since his expertise is more medical, and he doesn't work for the government.

Sounds like this story is just barely starting to unravel...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

And yet there is no security in airports. Hmmmm . . .

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

I believe that Ebola was started in Africa for a cleanisng or a test of some kind. The WHO stood by and watched it morph into what it is without even trying to help. The female president of WHO said, "We can't be expected to go into every country that has a health problem and fix it for them. These countries need to take responsibility for themselves." The WHO's job is to go into these countries who can't take care of it themselves and "fix it". They knew what was going to happen and they just stood back and watched. Now we have an eye witness that our government is standing back and watching it come into this country like it's no big deal. When they have Americans on a watch list that can't even fly from one side of the country to the other for some assinine reason or other. Yet, they won't put people from the infected countries on a watch list at least!!!! My friends, buckle your seat belts, this is a test to see what Americans will do. Or like others have said, it's a set up. I see no other way to look at it. X( @-)

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

You can come into the country with Ebola; but don't you DARE try to bring fruit into the country.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Reggie wrote: The female president of WHO said, "We can't be expected to go into every country that has a health problem and fix it for them. These countries need to take responsibility for themselves." The WHO's job is to go into these countries who can't take care of it themselves and "fix it". They knew what was going to happen and they just stood back and watched.
Oooh, could you find this quote, I really need to send it to some people, thanks so much!

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

NPR radio interviewed her. I heard it there. When I did, I was so schocked I repeated until it was embossed on my memory. I think it might have been about 3 weeks ago.