The next great war after the war of the rebellion?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

The next great war after the war of the rebellion?

Post by friendsofthe »

"The next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860's between the North and the South) will commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city and the cause of the next great trouble will be the depreciation of the currency of the United States". - A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives, letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser, July 24, 1896.)(Joseph Smith)

I find this statement about the “next great war after the rebellion” very intriguing. When Joseph gave the prophecy on the Civil War he named South Carolina as it place of commencement. Here he also gives the place of commencement of “the next great war” as Chicago and gives us the issue that sparks this conflict as the “depreciation of the currency”.

Given the current condition of the dollar this “great war” can’t be too far off. Such anarchy, rebellion and conflict brought on by the fall of the dollar could very likely lead to martial law being imposed. Compared to anarchy, the great majority of the nation would probably prefer martial law so they might even be begging for it. With martial law imposed I think we could then expect the government to disarm the public.

Under such a scenario the constitution and bill of rights would be history. In my opinion this would give us the vary conditions needed to fulfill the 42 months of persecution that John describes in Rev. 13, he says:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Note that it’s not only the saints that are “overcome” but “all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”. So the Devil and the New World Order guys finally get their way, at least for 42 months.

Is this bad news? Well yes, but the bad news leads to the good news. The 42 months lead us to the appearance of Christ at AOA. Daniel says:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Got any ideas as to who it is that Daniel sees who will “speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”.

This whole situation, Joseph’s prophecy above, the current condition of the dollar and the floundering of constitutional law under one who speaks “great words against the most High… and think(s) to change times and laws” has me thinking that we are vary close to a short sequence of events that lead to the Second Coming. Exciting to think about isn’t it?

DrZoidberg
captain of 50

Re: The next great war after the war of the rebellion?

Post by DrZoidberg »

friendsofthe wrote:"Got any ideas as to who it is that Daniel sees who will “speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”.
Yeah, he sees one of the Anti-Christs.

One that will speak great words and inspire many people, all in the name of peace. He will change law's and will speak of a new era, one without war & injustice, but with peace & unity ( this will require changing laws ).

When the world has gone through this "rebirth" ( in his mind ) he will want to celebrate this new era with a fresh start, a reset of the years, so far counted in relation to Christ ( this would require changing "times" :ymdevil: ).

Kbillallen
captain of 10

Post by Kbillallen »

RE: Chaning times, I hadn't heard that before, thanks.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

O ran on a campaign promise of CHANGE.
Regarding "great words against" Jesus, O said

"Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation."

Added to these, Chicago seems ripe for Joseph's prophetic prediction; also the currency.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Pol Pot "changed the times" in Camobodia in 1975, declaring Year Zero. Then, 2,000,000 people were murdered and starved to death by his Khmer Rouge.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Since writing about Daniel and Johns prophecy in “A Year With No Rainbow” and realizing that we did not enter into the 42 months in 2008, I have been paying close attention to events and looking for something that the gads could use to justify declaring martial law, as I feel that martial law will surely put us in the 42 months. I had speculated in earlier posts that the demise of the dollar might just cause enough havoc to give them the excuse they need. When this statement:
"The next great war after the war of the rebellion will commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city and the cause of the next great trouble will be the depreciation of the currency of the United States". - A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives, letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser, July 24, 1896.)(Joseph Smith)
Was posted in another thread it just jumped off the screen at me. It is pretty much exactly what I’d speculated could cause enough havoc to justify ML. After pondering if for a few days I’m pretty much convinced that this event, “The next great war”, brought on by the “depreciation of the currency of the United States” will be the thing that will convince everyone that martial law is a good idea. Because I believe that O will go on to fulfill Daniel’s prophecy of the 42 months I also believe that we will see this “great war” very soon, followed by ML and 42 more months of O doing his thing.

I find it interesting that Joseph Smith compares this “great war” to the Civil War and thus expect that it will be serious business and will have the power to catapult us into some drastic changes in a very short period of time. From where I sit it appears that the stage is set and I expect that these changes will be very evident by the fall of 2016. JMHO :-ss :-ss :-ss

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

The time for preparations is growing short.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

The 42 month is in the 7th seal we are sill in the 6th seal and Obama will not be in power for financial collapse plus 42 months.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Warmonger, there are two 42 month periods. The first is in the sixth seal and leads to Christ coming to AOA which is the opening of the seventh seal. As Daniel says:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The second 42 month period is when the armies of Gog lay siege to Jerusalem. At the conclusion of this siege the Lord comes to the Jews. I would agree fully with you that this 42 month period is in the seventh seal, JMHO

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I was just reviewing this thread and thinking how easily these things, demise of the dollar, martial law and the commencement of the 42 months could come upon us in then next two years.

Anyone got new info on the dollar or how things are going in Chicago?

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Anyone got new info on the dollar or how things are going in Chicago?
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2015 ... 150119745/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

friendsofthe wrote:Since writing about Daniel and Johns prophecy in “A Year With No Rainbow” and realizing that we did not enter into the 42 months in 2008, I have been paying close attention to events and looking for something that the gads could use to justify declaring martial law, as I feel that martial law will surely put us in the 42 months. I had speculated in earlier posts that the demise of the dollar might just cause enough havoc to give them the excuse they need. When this statement:
"The next great war after the war of the rebellion will commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city and the cause of the next great trouble will be the depreciation of the currency of the United States". - A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives, letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser, July 24, 1896.)(Joseph Smith)
Was posted in another thread it just jumped off the screen at me. It is pretty much exactly what I’d speculated could cause enough havoc to justify ML. After pondering if for a few days I’m pretty much convinced that this event, “The next great war”, brought on by the “depreciation of the currency of the United States” will be the thing that will convince everyone that martial law is a good idea. Because I believe that O will go on to fulfill Daniel’s prophecy of the 42 months I also believe that we will see this “great war” very soon, followed by ML and 42 more months of O doing his thing.

I find it interesting that Joseph Smith compares this “great war” to the Civil War and thus expect that it will be serious business and will have the power to catapult us into some drastic changes in a very short period of time. From where I sit it appears that the stage is set and I expect that these changes will be very evident by the fall of 2016. JMHO :-ss :-ss :-ss
I know Joel Skousen is no prophet but he does have, I believe, a good point with regards to an economic collapse/collapse of the dollar. He believes that the collapse is basically inevitable. That should be clear to anyone. Yet he believes that the gadiantons might not want to receive all the blame for the collapse and therefore are setting up the stage for a war or attack which might give them the cover-meaning using the war or attack as the scapegoat and going against anyone who says anything different. At first, I couldn't quite see his point until I read a statement that the Book of Mormon makes a couple of times:
And it shall come to pass, that if the Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks—

And harden not their hearts against the Lamb of God, they shall be numbered among the seed of thy father; yea, they shall be numbered among the house of Israel; and they shall be a blessed people upon the promised land forever; they shall be no more brought down into captivity; and the house of Israel shall no more be confounded.

And that great pit, which hath been digged for them by that great and abominable church, which was founded by the devil and his children, that he might lead away the souls of men down to hell—yea, that great pit which hath been digged for the destruction of men shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction, saith the Lamb of God; not the destruction of the soul, save it be the casting of it into that hell which hath no end.

For behold, this is according to the captivity of the devil, and also according to the justice of God, upon all those who will work wickedness and abomination before him.

And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me, Nephi, saying: Thou hast beheld that if the Gentiles repent it shall be well with them; and thou also knowest concerning the covenants of the Lord unto the house of Israel; and thou also hast heard that whoso repenteth not must perish.

Therefore, wo be unto the Gentiles if it so be that they harden their hearts against the Lamb of God.

For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other—either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds unto their being brought down into captivity, and also into destruction, both temporally and spiritually, according to the captivity of the devil, of which I have spoken.

1 Nephi 14: 1-7
These and other verses give me the impression that a trap is being set up. I believe, as you, that they will be temporarily successful or at least that it will seem to them that they have accomplished it. Yet as Isaiah prophesied, it will be like a dream to them. A hungry and thirsty man who dreams that he eats and drinks and awakens only to realize that he is still hungry and thirsty. Something will happen that will ruin their plans. That something will turn all nations against each other and specially against the new world order.

Yet I have to agree with WarMonger that this occurs during the 7th seal and not the 6th. Now whether we're in the 6th or 7th seal, I don't know, but John makes it perfectly clear that this happens during the 7th seal.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't believe an 1896 letter (52 years after Joseph's death) from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser is of sufficient provenance for this story to be of any real value to us.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Abelchirino, thanks for your insights and comments.

I also believe that Nephi saw our day and as you have pointed out, the “great and abominable church” would dig a “great pit… for the destruction of men” and that the pit “shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction”.

However I don’t think the pit spoken of is financial in nature. I’m going to say that it is the coming nuclear holocaust. The gads as we know have been preparing for a nuclear attack for a long time. They have their bunkers and think that they will be safe while the majority of the rest of will die a miserable death, after which they shall emerge to be our rulers. If we combine the verses you quoted form 1 Nephi 14:1-7 with what Nephi says in 1 Nephi 22 we get a more complete picture, we read:
11 Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the nations, in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.

12 Wherefore, he will bring them again out of captivity, and they shall be gathered together to the lands of their inheritance; and they shall be brought out of obscurity and out of darkness; and they shall know that the Lord is their Savior and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.

13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

14 And every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed, and that great whore, who hath perverted the right ways of the Lord, yea, that great and abominable church, shall tumble to the dust and great shall be the fall of it.

15 For behold, saith the prophet, the time cometh speedily that Satan shall have no more power over the hearts of the children of men; for the day soon cometh that all the proud and they who do wickedly shall be as stubble; and the day cometh that they must be burned.

16 For the time soon cometh that the fulness of the wrath of God shall be poured out upon all the children of men; for he will not suffer that the wicked shall destroy the righteous.

17 Wherefore, he will preserve the righteous by his power, even if it so be that the fulness of his wrath must come, and the righteous be preserved, even unto the destruction of their enemies by fire. Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by fire.

18 Behold, my brethren, I say unto you, that these things must shortly come; yea, even blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke must come; and it must needs be upon the face of this earth; and it cometh unto men according to the flesh if it so be that they will harden their hearts against the Holy One of Israel.

19 For behold, the righteous shall not perish; for the time surely must come that all they who fight against Zion shall be cut off.

20 And the Lord will surely prepare a way for his people, unto the fulfilling of the words of Moses, which he spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that all those who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

21 And now I, Nephi, declare unto you, that this prophet of whom Moses spake was the Holy One of Israel; wherefore, he shall execute judgment in righteousness.
You see this is the event that leads directly to the Lord's Second Coming, as Nephi says in verse 15, "For behold, saith the prophet, the time cometh speedily that Satan shall have no more power over the hearts of the children of men" and that of course is the millennial day! It will happen very quickly or as Nephi says " the time cometh speedily". When you see this attack upon the Gentiles in America you know the Lord's appearance is at hand!

Hope this makes sense to all, God Gless!

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

friendsofthe wrote:Abelchirino, thanks for your insights and comments.

I also believe that Nephi saw our day and as you have pointed out, the “great and abominable church” would dig a “great pit… for the destruction of men” and that the pit “shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction”.

However I don’t think the pit spoken of is financial in nature. I’m going to say that it is the coming nuclear holocaust. The gads as we know have been preparing for a nuclear attack for a long time. They have their bunkers and think that they will be safe while the majority of the rest of will die a miserable death, after which they shall emerge to be our rulers. If we combine the verses you quoted form 1 Nephi 14:1-7 with what Nephi says in 1 Nephi 22 we get a more complete picture, we read:
11 Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the nations, in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.

12 Wherefore, he will bring them again out of captivity, and they shall be gathered together to the lands of their inheritance; and they shall be brought out of obscurity and out of darkness; and they shall know that the Lord is their Savior and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.

13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

14 And every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed, and that great whore, who hath perverted the right ways of the Lord, yea, that great and abominable church, shall tumble to the dust and great shall be the fall of it.

15 For behold, saith the prophet, the time cometh speedily that Satan shall have no more power over the hearts of the children of men; for the day soon cometh that all the proud and they who do wickedly shall be as stubble; and the day cometh that they must be burned.

16 For the time soon cometh that the fulness of the wrath of God shall be poured out upon all the children of men; for he will not suffer that the wicked shall destroy the righteous.

17 Wherefore, he will preserve the righteous by his power, even if it so be that the fulness of his wrath must come, and the righteous be preserved, even unto the destruction of their enemies by fire. Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by fire.

18 Behold, my brethren, I say unto you, that these things must shortly come; yea, even blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke must come; and it must needs be upon the face of this earth; and it cometh unto men according to the flesh if it so be that they will harden their hearts against the Holy One of Israel.

19 For behold, the righteous shall not perish; for the time surely must come that all they who fight against Zion shall be cut off.

20 And the Lord will surely prepare a way for his people, unto the fulfilling of the words of Moses, which he spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that all those who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

21 And now I, Nephi, declare unto you, that this prophet of whom Moses spake was the Holy One of Israel; wherefore, he shall execute judgment in righteousness.
You see this is the event that leads directly to the Lord's Second Coming, as Nephi says in verse 15, "For behold, saith the prophet, the time cometh speedily that Satan shall have no more power over the hearts of the children of men" and that of course is the millennial day! It will happen very quickly or as Nephi says " the time cometh speedily". When you see this attack upon the Gentiles in America you know the Lord's appearance is at hand!

Hope this makes sense to all, God Gless!
I agree with you, the financial collapse is not the pit. The collapse is just an inevitability for which I don't think they want be blamed. But the ultimate catalyst that will allow them to accomplish their goal of global domination is a nuclear attack or war. It might just be short one. They will then overcome the saints for 3.5 yrs. until another war, a greater one brings them down. I believe this war will be very massive and will destroy the NWO, or first beast. It will also be the war that will prop up the second beast, or Gog, and allow him to conquer the whole world, except for Zion, depopulate the world greatly and give him the power to go against the jews. This is what I believe will happen.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Abelchirino wrote:
I agree with you, the financial collapse is not the pit. The collapse is just an inevitability for which I don't think they want be blamed. But the ultimate catalyst that will allow them to accomplish their goal of global domination is a nuclear attack or war. It might just be short one. They will then overcome the saints for 3.5 yrs. until another war, a greater one brings them down. I believe this war will be very massive and will destroy the NWO, or first beast. It will also be the war that will prop up the second beast, or Gog, and allow him to conquer the whole world, except for Zion, depopulate the world greatly and give him the power to go against the jews. This is what I believe will happen.
I see it just a bit different, I would say that the financial collapse will lead to the 42 months, at the conclusion of which we will see the nuclear attack (in the spring) and the return of the saints to Jackson County during the summer months. Once the saints arrive the stage is set for the Second Coming of the Bridegroom.

My latest blog, “Return of the Ten Tribes”
http://www.thebridegroomcometh.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Thanks dlbww, that’s pretty interesting and makes it sound like we are very close.

My latest blog, A Year With No Rainbow
http://www.thebridegroomcometh.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Dlbww wrote:
Just checked out your website. Interesting, a retired cabinet maker (a fellow lover of wood), see: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27833&start=60#p468305 Besides renovation work, cabinets, furniture, wooden scale models, etc. are among the things I build. And lunch is over and I need to get back into the workshop. Good luck with your new book, fascinating topic.

Thanks dlbww, I think my blog about the year with no rainbow is one of my best so far. However there is so much more to be said about the Second Coming. With all the details and angles it is quite a complex subject.

Sometimes I’m not sure just how interested the members of the church are, so many are not paying any attention.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Exclusive: Chicago nears fiscal free fall with latest downgrade. http://tiny.iavian.net/4dtk

This plus racial and economic disparity and tensions makes Chicago a simmering pot ready to boil.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Thanks for the info oxbloodangel, looking more and more like we will soon see Joseph’s prophecy of “the next Great War” unfolding.

As I have stated above, I think this will lead us to martial law and the 42 months. From that point we can pretty much start counting down to the Second Coming!

Have been blogging lately about the question, Is Adam-Ondi-Ahman the Second Coming?

Two of a series of three blogs have already been posted. I will be working on the third today and may get it posted before the day is out.

Part One
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/adam-ond ... -part-one/

Part Two
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/adam-ond ... ng-part-2/