What do you think/feel/predict is going to happen?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
lemuel
Operating Thetan

Re: What do you think/feel/predict is going to happen?

Post by lemuel »

I think folks have been thinking that something BIG has been going to happen in the next couple of years for a long time. Someday they'll be right.

The only thing that's always been in my head is the 3rd Nephi model: Sign given in heavens; everyone repents, most go back to wickedness in a couple of years, then the Savior comes.

I could be wrong.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Lemuel pretty much got it. Honest, sincere and faithful people have been predicting something big being just a few years away for centuries. Within the LDS Church every generation of Saints has thought they'd be the last generation. It's easy to write them off as being wrong now, but they believed it as fervently as many here do.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

lemuel wrote: The only thing that's always been in my head is the 3rd Nephi model: Sign given in heavens; everyone repents, most go back to wickedness in a couple of years, then the Savior comes.
Suggest you re-read 3rd Nephi for detail. My wife and I are reading it now, part of our couple scripture study. For one thing, the gadiantons become very strong and the Nephites gather to reverse-siege them. The gads lose big, but gather together in their own enclave called Jacobugath. The government is destroyed, and the people group into tribes.

There's more -- yes, I think this a great guide to the OP, but I would begin in Helaman 6 and read to 3Nephi 16 or so... noting parallels to our day.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Great topic! I, too, have absolutely no idea WHEN things will happen, but I just can't shake the feeling that time is really ramping up! I also agree that people have thought that they were the "last generation" for years, but I believe the words of the prophets, and I believe the talk that Ezra Taft Benson gave at a BYU devotional in April of 1981 tells us that we truly are of the final generation. Check out the video here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNxBHOqeIc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was 1 1/2 years old when that talk was given :)

I think the economy will be one of the first signs, but that too has it's regular ups and downs cycle. So who knows. But that's what my gut tells me. A few more trillion dollars in debt, and the US will not be able to sustain itself and all it's obligations. I dunno why, but I have had the feeling for the past few years that when we reach 21-22 trillion in US debt, we will be in trouble. That thought first came to me in the most random way, and I had never even cared or researched the national debt. Since then I have. Might have been an inspired thought, or may have been something random... Not really sure.

Another thing, and I know I'm gonna get backlash for this, but I also feel that once the true order of the family is dismantled and made law, The Lord will no longer stay his hand. Just my gut feeling.

Obviously a huge earthquake is gonna really open the doors to the tribulation too. It will allow for invasion, disease, and widespread gross acts of evil to occur. California has finally admitted that they are experiencing a "swarm" of earthquake activity, and they can't explain why.. http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemerg ... a=2304&z=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Things are happening underground, and it may lead to a large earthquake in the near future. I need to start watching Utah for smaller quakes, because I think there is typically a type of "build up" of stress on the faults before a big quake. A swarm is usually a first indication of a coming quake.

Just a few of my thoughts :)

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

I think we will not get past $22 trillion in debt before economic collapse in this country leads to food riots, maybe racial riots, and all other forms of riots. The whole government will be broken up, that is Prophecy.

there will be a large earthquake, a lot of dreams place it in Salt Lake City.

A large number of church members will have their hearts fail them, and leave the church. We are witnessing that now

I am personally 50/50 on whether or not there will be a "callout". but searching the Scriptures you find many examples of when right before ultimate destruction the Lord has gathered the righteous for safety. who's to say that won't happen in the end?

there obviously will be a world war three, this is not to be used with Armageddon and Gog with his 200 million army. That comes much later.

there are so many more things. Many authors have written on the subject and I have read many of them. The best thing to do is to read as much as you can and listen to the spirit tell you what may or may not be factual, prepare temporarily and spiritually and build Zion within the walls of your own home.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

LDSguy we think a lot alike :) Just curious when did you really start feeling prompted to research things and look into the state of the world/nation? Like REALLY feel that you were prompted that things are close?

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

brianne541 wrote:LDSguy we think a lot alike :) Just curious when did you really start feeling prompted to research things and look into the state of the world/nation? Like REALLY feel that you were prompted that things are close?
Started following politics when I got a job in state politics back in 2008. Not 100% sure when I started researching the last days and dreams and prophecies but if i remember correctly it was because of the scriptures and one or two Google searches. Those led me to some books, the first two being "The Cleansing of America" and "Prophecy: Key to the Future" by Duane Crowther.

As I read more and more books and followed politics very closely I felt promoted that things were building up fast. I then started digging into dreams and visions, obscure and common. It's pretty close I'd say. I used to not think economic collapse/riots would happen in my lifetime but I could still have 60+ years left on this earth. I'm sure it'll happen within that timeframe.

Short answer: Summer of 2008

That's when my wife and I got our year supply of food storage and started "prepping" but not the crazy preppers you hear about, just putting away common necessities and 72 hour kits etc

I've followed your posts in here for sometime breanne. You and I and lundbaek pretty much all think the same thoughts and our posts could all be from any one of us.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

There have been plenty of posts on this. For the last year have done extensive study my conclusion.

1) economic collapse
2) rioting and looting, political turmoil in the USA and world
3) missionaries withdrawn for safety and due to persecution
4) earthquakes and natural calamities really get started
5) all nations at war the US military spread across all corners of the world then called back which leads to mass desertion
6) US and Europe totally weakened and nukes and biological weapons released
7) invasion of the US

1) I am sure you have seen my other post on debt - the stock market is way overheated despite all economic indicators dropping, US had negative GDP growth for the first quarter etc. The European central bank implemented negative interest rates on Thursday (5th June) this week to stimulate failing euro-zone economy. We are overdue for the next stock collapse only printing money and fed market manipulation holding it up.
The CNN stock fear and greed index has gone into extreme greed for the first time in a long while despite most economic indicators being negative. http://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/. I am thinking October 2014 or 2015 stock collapse, but so called civil society still as a bit of a way to go in inequity so likely to be wrong, but I struggle to see how stock market can keep going????

2) We have seen what happens when entitlements like food stamps are delayed!! not difficult to imagine mass rioting

3) Missionaries have been withdrawn from a few countries already due to instability mostly coursed by financial collapse. This has always been to me the number one sign of destructing, the prophets are killed - the Lords servants removed then people ripe for destruction - and there are many scriptures stating such 3 Nephi and D&C 88.
I had a partial change of mind when reading "The family a proclamation to the world." When the people accept same sex marriage and as the BOM states when the majority of the people choose (vote) evil they are ripe for destruction.

"WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

Any comment on the "Family a proclamation to the world"???
Last edited by WarMonger on June 7th, 2014, 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Coincidence - I think not. Yeah, once the 'traditional family'is no more, there is no more purpose to Gods creation - so like in the days of Noah it is time to bring things to an end!!

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Same gender marriage and homosexuality is not of God. It is more of a sign of the state of spirituality the nations are in. Once homosexuality is main stream it goes without saying fornication and adultery are rampant - which is the same class of sin. Which is the most abominable sin we can do next to murder/abortion. Through the world sees it as no sin and good is evil and evils is good.

survivaldealer
captain of 100

Post by survivaldealer »

Back in the days when General Authorities spoke at Stake Conference, and I was younger, probably around 1968 or 1969, I remember the speaking GA (I can't remember his name) stating that the generation in the room that day would witness the return of Christ. I don't remember anything else he said, but I remember that for sure. The youngest child in attendance could have been less than a year old. With a 100 year life expectancy, that make Christs return before 2069.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

The sun will come up tomorrow. Maybe.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

LOL you might be surprised 8-|

Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

D&C 88:87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

1. I think there will be No economic collapse. The FED will keep on printing money until WW3. The threat of economic collapse is providing cover for the Gadiantons to build their bunkers. But I think we will marry and be given in marriage to the very end. But the Gads know they are building bunkers for nuclear war and not economic collapse.

2. As Joel Skousen and the Pres George Albert Smith Vision by David Horne suggest, Nuclear War is coming. Russia and China are expanding and modernizing their nuclear capability while the US is unilaterally disarming and purging the military. Pres. Clinton took our ICBM's off "Launch on Warning" with PDD 60. Consequently, the US will absorb a decapitating first strike and be left with nothing left to retaliate with.

3. The Gads will come out of their bunkers and claim Russia and China deceived them and they had no idea they were planning an attack despite the continual threats and boasting and nuclear drills and provocations. The Gads will have been safe in their bunkers but they will claim their bunkers were for economic collapse and not nuclear attack. The Gads will tell us we need to give up our sovereignty in the US so that NATO can prosecute the war against the Communist threat.

4. We are made to fear the global climate change taxation being imposed by the UN. On the other side we have Knight of Malta Lord Monkton fighting against the UN against carbon taxes. Yet, at the same time we forget the threat of NATO. Already the POTUS has gone to war without congressional appproval in Egypt, Libya, Syria saying these are NATO operations and under NATO jurisdiction.

5. Just like death of Methuselah (oldest man) was the sign of the Flood. Isa 17:1-3 suggests the destruction of Damascus (oldest city) will be the sign of the Burning of Babylon. Desyruction will come suddenly "In the eventide trouble and before the morning he [Jacob] is not" (v.14).

6. The Events of the Book of Mormon beginning with not just Helaman but the Burning of Abinadi in Mosiah, followed by Captivity in Helam vs Nephi, followed by the mass conversion of the Mulekites (Jews) to be Nephites (Ephraim) may all be types amd shadows of the last days. (Will there be a Abinidi's burning event?)

7. According to the Pres. George Albert Smith Vision there must be some sort of gun confiscation which with all the ramdom shootings we could see shortly.

8. There may be some sort of false flag like 911 to get the US in Iran and Syria. Daniel foretells that Alexander the Great and Greece would be divided into 4 after Alexander would go to war with the Medes and Persians. Will history repeat itself?

9. Instead of a domestic false flag, maybe war with Iran and Syria will start with Israel and then America will be drug in after Iran scuds US military bases. (not sure)

10. There will not be a "call out". Survivors will not live by a nuclear target and will have food and water saved to survive a period of nuclear fallout. The survivors will be the prepared and the cannibal. After the fallout, the prepared Saints will then gather together at the Stakes Centers for protection from the cannibal packs and then slowly be migrated to the center place of Zion. The unwise will "bug out" and isolate themselves making themselves easy prey. Even prepper groups will be plagued by political infighting. Those who fail to gather in Zion will be at war with their neighbor.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Along the lines of signs in heaven, we have the current four blood moons and solar eclipses. Disasters are on the rise, though they have been on the rise since Joseph Smith's day.

There will be earth quakes, tornadoes, etc and plagues. As these tribulations wipe out bad fruit, wars and invasion will follow (end-time Syria). I suspect that throughout this tribulation, Zion people will be quietly called and gathered, Joseph will begin to appear as the Lion among beasts where none can deliver. In other words, the great and marvelous work prophecied by Isaiah will finally begin. While the world continues in turmoil, Zion will grow bigger and bigger until the armies of the world turn their sights to Zion and try to fight against her. It will climax with the Savior's return in glory where all enemies, including death have been conquered.

Just my two cents.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

coachmarc wrote:Along the lines of signs in heaven, we have the current four blood moons and solar eclipses. Disasters are on the rise, though they have been on the rise since Joseph Smith's day.

There will be earth quakes, tornadoes, etc and plagues. As these tribulations wipe out bad fruit, wars and invasion will follow (end-time Syria). I suspect that throughout this tribulation, Zion people will be quietly called and gathered, Joseph will begin to appear as the Lion among beasts where none can deliver. In other words, the great and marvelous work prophecied by Isaiah will finally begin. While the world continues in turmoil, Zion will grow bigger and bigger until the armies of the world turn their sights to Zion and try to fight against her. It will climax with the Savior's return in glory where all enemies, including death have been conquered.

Just my two cents.
My advice Marc, just stay prepared and observant, the world will get there!

Bob

jimmy
captain of 50

Post by jimmy »

I just met a woman this week that is preparing for what is coming. She is getting an old farm back into shape here in Cape Breton Nova Scotia. She is from here but spent most of here life in the States. She will be able to provide food for herself grown on the farm as well as heat with wood that is on the property and a gravity fed well. She is not a member of the church but gets together with a group of friends who read and discuss the Bible. She prays for guidence to weather what she calls a perfect storm that is coming in the next few years. An economic collapse and a spiritual collapse along with weather that will chastise the nations. She is a 100% right in what is coming. She says that to many people have their head stuck in the ground and say everything will be okay the goverment will look after us. What a joke that is they are the ones who got us into this mess in the first place. I have been telling people in the church and outside the church the same thing for the last ten years and most of them think I'm crazy. We'll soon see who's crazy.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

As Steve Jones says, it's all in Helaman 6 through 3 Nephi 8, all you have to do is understand type and shadow prophecy!

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

The Book of Jarom
11...look forward unto the Messiah, and believe in him to come as though he already was.

Ether 12
19 And there were many whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came, who could not be kept from within the veil, but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an eye of faith, and they were glad.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

A little background if I may.

On my blog I posted a theory of the days becoming years in prophecy and we certainly see that in the Old Testament, especially with Daniel.

Then I look at the Jewish calendar and put the date of 1 Nisan representing the year of the reestablishment of the Church in 1830, counting one day per year.

Going backwards Columbus's expeditions happened in the preceding Passover and the Constitution was established shortly after 15 Shevat, the Agricultural New Year, referenced by the fig tree parable of Jesus Christ as a sign of the times. Interestingly 15 Shevat was the date that the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was formed in the modern day Church.

Going forward from that calendar date of 1 Nisan corresponding to 1830, I found the following.

1830 Church established 1 Nisan
1844 Joseph Smith martyred 15 Nisan COMMENCEMENT OF PASSOVER
1859 30 Nisan--End of month
1860 01 Iyyar
1865 06 Iyyar
1877 18 Iyyar Brigham Young dies
1888 29 Iyyar--end of month
1889 01 Sivan
1893 05 Sivan EREV SHAVOUT Salt Lake Temple dedicated. Shavout is the festival of the firstfruits and was the date where the gifts of the Holy Spirit descended upon 3,000 Christians after hearing a sermon preached by Peter.
1894 06 Sivan SHAVOUT
1898 10 Sivan
1918 30 Sivan World War I ends Heber J Grant President of the Church. 30 Sivan end of month.
1919 01 Tammuz
1927 09 Tammuz Day of mourning--Babylonian incursion into Jerusalem.
1935 17 Tammuz Day of mourning--Roman incursion into Jerusalem. Utah had just killed Prohibition and the members did not listen to the prophets warnings concerning FDR.
1947 29 Tammuz--end of month.
1948 01 Av--Israel formed as a nation
1956 09 Av Day of High Mourning--Jewish Temple destroyed by Babylonians and Romans
1962 15 Av Commencing of the harvest that ends on Yom Kippur. A couple of years before that President David O. Mckay says "Every member a missionary." During his presidency the membership of the Church tripled in 19 years, a feat that has not been repeated since.
1977 30 Av--End of month
1978 01 Elul--BLACKS RECEIVE PRIESTHOOD, HARVEST BEGINS IN THE ELEVENTH HOUR. Elul is the last month in the civil Jewish calendar, a time for all debts, tithes, etcetera to be paid, in preparation for the days of Awe. During this time there are many messages of warning. Likewise in the Church, many warnings come out especially during these day-years.
1980 03 Elul--LDS Opposition to ERA. Reagan elected.
1987 10 Elul--President Benson on the Book of Mormon
1988 11 Elul--President Benson on the Constitution
1989 12 Elul--President Benson on Pride
1995 18 Elul--President Hinckley issues the Family Proclamation
2001 24 Elul--9/11 attacks. President Hinckley's Seven Year Prophecy begins--first half
2003 26 Elul--Iraq War commences
2005 28 Elul--Tsunamis and warnings
2006 29 Elul--last day of the month and of the year. Most of the warnings ceased after this time. Last year the economy was sound.

2007 01 Tishrei--ROSH HASHANAH. Celebrated two days in the Jewish calendar, as a final preparation for Yom Kippur nine days later. Economy teeters and then falls in 2008.
2008 02 Tishrei--President Hinckley dies, President Monson president of the Church. Prop 8, Economy tanks, Obama elected.
2012 06 Tishrei--Commencing of Hastening the Work of Salvation.
2014 (this year) 08 Tishrei.
2015 (next year) 09 Tishrei EREV YOM KIPPUR. This is the day before the Day of Judgment. Given that the Hebrew day begins on sunset the preceding day, we enter this day in October of the present year. Last chance to repent.
2016 10 Tishrei YOM KIPPUR. This is the day of Atonement and the day of Judgment. Two calves are sacrificed, one for expiation, and one for the scapegoat. The scapegoat is expelled from the camp and left to die in the desert. Symbolism of what many people here call the Cleansing of the Church.
2020 14 Tishrei EREV SUKKOT Assuming this timeline is correct, the center stake of Zion will start being built up around this time.
2028 22 Tishrei LAST DAY OF SUKKOT The earth will be ready to receive Christ.
2030 24 Tishrei READING OF THE TORAH This concludes the fall feasts, signifying that everything is complete. Christ will come in His glory around this date or perhaps later, towards the end of Tishrei which would fall in 2036.

So based off of this I can expect the following to happen

Summer 2014 (I'm thinking 7-15 July which corresponds to the 9-17 Tammuz) a game changing event happens (Utah EQ?) that would signify the commencing of the cleansing beginning from the midst of the Lord's House.
Fall 2014: US Elections. I might be the only person thinking the Democrats have a chance here, but even if the Democrats lose, many Republicans have shifted left. Conference focuses on those that are faithful needing to persevere. More persecution against those who defend traditional marriage.
Winter 2015 New Congress takes their seats. Democrats emboldened to pass hate crime legislation including "hate speech" and gun control laws.
Fall 2015 (commencing of 10 Tishrei on the calendar) Economic meltdown in the USA and in many parts of the world. The house of cards come falling down.
2016-2017 GAS vision completed.
2020-Remnants gather to central US and start building up the center stake of Zion.

slushyc
captain of 10

Post by slushyc »

Interesting research samizdat, Im interested to get the opinion of the of people here regarding the youth. Many people hypothesize that things will begin to unravel late 2015-2017. I will be set to go on my mission probably in 2016, what do you think will become of the youth just getting going on their missions, or even the missionaries recently returning to start their new lives? Thoughts, ideas?

AGStacker
captain of 1,000

Post by AGStacker »

2015.75 the economy turns down worse than the last recession. Read Martin Armstrong's blog. His computer model's analysis is amazingly accurate.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

buffalo_girl wrote:The Book of Jarom
11...look forward unto the Messiah, and believe in him to come as though he already was.

Ether 12
19 And there were many whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came, who could not be kept from within the veil, but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an eye of faith, and they were glad.

Don't have a "like" or "thanks" button on my screen (for whatever reason..?) but THANK YOU for sharing this! :ymhug:

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

"Obama is just brain-dead when it comes to grasping how trends emerge. Whatever he could do wrong, he has done in spades." (http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... cal-chaos/)
Here I have to disagree with Armstrong. I think Obama knows exactly what he's doing. `

Samizdat, I really enjoyed your post.