Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

Re: Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Post by Zion2080 »

Older/wiser? wrote: March 19th, 2017, 3:55 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 18th, 2017, 10:50 am
friendsofthe wrote: May 8th, 2014, 9:27 pm A few of you have recently stated on another thread that you think we are in the seventh seal. Let me give you just one evidence as to why I believe that we are still in the sixth seal. It’s because I think that Lord has as much as told us so in scripture. In D&C 64 the Lord says:
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.
This revelation was given on September 11, 1831. In it the Lord says “now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man”. It’s quite obvious that he’s not speaking after the manner of the reckoning of man. If he is speaking after the manner of his reckoning and I think he is, then we know that the days of which he speaks are equivalent to one thousand of our years. His days are also represented as having seals upon them in Revelation.

The Lord also says here “For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble”. It should also be quite obvious to all that the “tomorrow” spoken of here is the day when the Lord comes or the seventh seal.

So, if it’s “today” until he comes and “tomorrow” when he comes and he hasn’t come yet, I think it’s pretty much a done deal that we are still in the sixth seal. And I think we have the Lord’s word for it.

I think that we're in the 6th seal, the year 6924. Only 83 years until the Second Coming. /:) /:)
Zion2080 you seem to want to know where we are in regards to the seals, may I suggest two things 1st live your life as if the Lord were coming today , but plant your Cherry trees for tomorrow. 2nd look for the" signs of the seasons" rather than specific guess on years. In talking with some friends they mentioned they got a call from their son saying the grandson had been born tomorrow, well yes he was born in New Zealand yesterday, but yesterday will be tomorrow for us here . The Lord has said He will come in the morning of the seventh seal , at what exact moment is it is it morning, when the first light or rays rise over the mountains here, or in another state the time mountain , central, it is or course night in Australia and a different day than it is here today . Every country seems to have a different timing and place in the Lord's coming. Sixth seal at what official moment does it become the 7th, by our time even states differ ,so if your trying to go by seasons , I would say here in America we our rippening in iniquity. Events might tell the timing more than our guess work on the seals, I think we could still be in the 6th seal , yet I had an expedience where it felt l I keep the heavens closed up and the period of silence

Interesting. I will take that into consideration. :)

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

durangout wrote: June 24th, 2014, 4:04 pm Charles7 and Cowboy:

You are correct. The 7th Seal opend Apr 6 2000 and we are currently in the Silence period.

Great minds think alike. :D

WarMonger: May I suggest you begin learning God's language. He speaks to us in a language of symbols. For example, "light" can be symbolic for truth, power, Christ Himself. Was Eve literally created from Adam's "rib"? Do the sacramental emblems symbolize something or are we just eating bread and drinking water? Why did the HP in the Hebrew temple wear white clothing in the Holy of Holies. Why did Moses / Christ fast for exactly 40 days? Why are there 12 Tribes and not 11 or13? Why do we perform baptism by immersion?..Once you begin to learn this language the scriptures and their meaning will become much clearer to you.

You have used two excellent examples in your end times explanations: The Great Earthquake and the Highway upon which the Lost 10 Tribes will return which both happen during the 6th Seal.

I submit that these two events mean something other than a literal earthquake and a road suspended over the ocean.

Thoughts, WarMonger?

If we really are, we've only got almost 4 years left!

kfb
captain of 100

Not to difficult

Post by kfb »

The has been explained by those who understand the scripture and latter day prophecies.

We are in the 6th seal until the following occur

start of the building of New Jerusalem.
144,000 called.
Missionaries called home
Worldwide earthquake
10 tribes return. Period

Read the D&C regarding the 144K.. they are high priest called to preach the gospel D&C 77:10-11

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

SkyBird wrote: June 4th, 2014, 6:41 pm
Cowboy wrote:The sixth seal has closed and the seventh has opened.
We are in the half hour of silence at the beginning of the seventh seal.
Buffalo Girl is correct, the seals and the dispensations are two different things.
At the end of the half hour of silence, the Lord will start " the Woes ".
Some people are so fixed on one thing or another that they miss the big picture....
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....
These are all signs the Lord gives us as we watch and prepare. He controls how they will be presented.
Not so... we are in the 6th Seal, the end of it because this has not happened yet...

there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

(New Testament | Revelation 6:12 - 17)

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

SamFisher wrote: May 12th, 2014, 8:45 pm What indicators do we have that we're in the period of silence? How do we define it? What does silence in heaven mean? And what seal marks the period of tribulation. I suppose it is in the seventh?
Elsewhere in the scriptures when heaven is silent it is because the angels are weeping for the wickedness of men on earth. We know angels usually make a joyful sound praising God as they busily go about doing the will of God, so for them to be silent is an eerie scene.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Z2100 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 11:48 am
Buffalo Girl is correct, the seals and the dispensations are two different things.
Some people are so fixed on one thing or another that they miss the big picture....
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....
These are all signs the Lord gives us as we watch and prepare. He controls how they will be presented.
Not so... we are in the 6th Seal, the end of it because this has not happened yet...

there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

The 6th seal opens with an earthquake so if it hasn't happened yet we must therefor still be in the very first part of the 6th seal, not the end of it.
I'm not sure why you left out the first part of verse 12 but you did it on purpose-
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood

For me, I think we're in the 7th seal.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I know there are several places in the scriptures that talk about the sun be darkened and the moon turned into blood, assuming that they are all referring to the same event let me quote President Hinckley from October Conference 2001:

The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).
[/i]

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

shadow wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:27 am
Z2100 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 11:48 am
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....

The 6th seal opens with an earthquake so if it hasn't happened yet we must therefor still be in the very first part of the 6th seal, not the end of it.
I'm not sure why you left out the first part of verse 12 but you did it on purpose-
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood

For me, I think we're in the 7th seal.
We can agree to disagree :)