Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Post by friendsofthe »

A few of you have recently stated on another thread that you think we are in the seventh seal. Let me give you just one evidence as to why I believe that we are still in the sixth seal. It’s because I think that Lord has as much as told us so in scripture. In D&C 64 the Lord says:
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.
This revelation was given on September 11, 1831. In it the Lord says “now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man”. It’s quite obvious that he’s not speaking after the manner of the reckoning of man. If he is speaking after the manner of his reckoning and I think he is, then we know that the days of which he speaks are equivalent to one thousand of our years. His days are also represented as having seals upon them in Revelation.

The Lord also says here “For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble”. It should also be quite obvious to all that the “tomorrow” spoken of here is the day when the Lord comes or the seventh seal.

So, if it’s “today” until he comes and “tomorrow” when he comes and he hasn’t come yet, I think it’s pretty much a done deal that we are still in the sixth seal. And I think we have the Lord’s word for it.

letsjet
captain of 100

Re: Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Post by letsjet »

We are still in the sixth seal period of time. The 144,000 High Priests are set apart near the end of the sixth seal. Obviously the lost ten tribes have to return before that event can happen.

A careful reading of D&C Chapter 77 puts everything into correct chronological order.

Revelations 7:4 talks about the 144,000 being sealed. D&C 77:10 clearly states that the events in Revelations Chapter 7 takes place during the 6th seal.

Revelations 8:1 talks about the events that take place when the seventh seal is opened. D&C 77:13 says that the events in Revelations Chapter 9 take place “after the opening of the seventh seal, before the coming of Christ.”

Revelations Chapter 9 talks about the formation of an army of 200 million men who will kill one third of the earth’s population. This army apparently forms on the Euphrates River, either in Syria or Iraq. It would appear that the Seventh Dispensation will start off with a “bang!”

There is no way that we are living in the 7th Dispensation. Too many things have to happen first. The return of the Lost Ten Tribes is just one event, but it is an important one. We need to keep in mind, however, that horrible events can happen quickly!

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

I'm just curious of how you know that the 144,000 haven't been sealed up? JS said that process already began. I wonder if we really have a way to know this. Some take a symbolic understanding on these 144,000. Is it 144,000 people or is this symbolic in some way...we all know numbers are very symbolic to the Lord.

I think the same could go for this army of 200 million - I'm not saying this has happened, just stating that if He uses symbolism in #'s then couldn't both of these be symbolic?

I don't think that we can use the 144,000 to determine the opening of the 7th seal because how are we to know?. But you are right to say the events of Rev 9 occur in the seventh seal. I am uncertain as to where we are but I do believe most events of seal 6 are history.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

You'll know the Seventh Seal has opened when Tribulation starts. We'll all know it...

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

For a long time I also thought that the ten tribes would have to return before the 144000 could be sealed. Some have tried to explain how the sealing could take place in the sixth seal when the ten tribes were not supposed to return until the seventh seal by proposing that the sixth and seventh seals overlap.

I now think that the answer is much simpler than we used to think. If we assume that the 144000 are mortals, it’s hard to explain how they can be sealed before the ten tribes come but if they are immortal it’s easy to see how the sealing could be accomplished starting in Joseph Smiths day and be complete before Christ comes. The scriptures tell us that the 144000 come with him and go where he goes.

If they are not mortals then they could be chosen from many different dispensations and coming up with 12000 from each tribe is much easier. In my mind the reason the sealing of the 144000 isn't complete until near the very end of the sixth seal is because some who didn't come to earth until our day will be a part of that number, after they die.

This also resolves the problem of mortals being sealed in Joseph’s day and still being alive for the Second Coming. Yip, much easier to see how all the pieces fit together if the 144000 are immortals.

Kmart201
captain of 50

Post by Kmart201 »

I think that the seventh seal starts when Adam and the prophets give Christ back the keys of the dispensations. Six days shalt thou labor. At the beginning of the seventh the Lord takes all the keys back to himself. The work is finished, time for the cleansing.

markod
captain of 10

Post by markod »

Elder Ballard spoke at BYU Idaho in April 2012. I don't have it in front of me but I think it was the 6th. He said something like " this premillennial era ". It's an interesting talk.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

This should be a poll. It all depends on people's personal interpretations of scriptures.

Really, why does it even matter?

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Kmart201 wrote:I think that the seventh seal starts when Adam and the prophets give Christ back the keys of the dispensations. Six days shalt thou labor. At the beginning of the seventh the Lord takes all the keys back to himself. The work is finished, time for the cleansing.
Do you believe we will know about thi s event? 'We' being the church membership in general.

If not, then can we say this hasn't happened already?

Or could the sixth seal have ended and we are just heading into the tribulation?

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I don't believe 'Seals' spoken of in Revelation are the same as 'Dispensations'.

Doctrine & Covenants 133 is pretty clear in describing events which will continue to unfold AFTER the Lord has returned in His Glory.

23 He shall command the great deep, and it shall be driven back into the north countries, and the islands shall become one land;

24 And the land of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like as it was in the days before it was divided.

25 And the Lord, even the Savior, shall stand in the midst of his people, and shall reign over all flesh.

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.

27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.

28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them,

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Kmart201 wrote:
I think that the seventh seal starts when Adam and the prophets give Christ back the keys of the dispensations. Six days shalt thou labor. At the beginning of the seventh the Lord takes all the keys back to himself
Exactly! That’s Adam-Ondi-Ahman….

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

letsjet wrote:We are still in the sixth seal period of time. The 144,000 High Priests are set apart near the end of the sixth seal. Obviously the lost ten tribes have to return before that event can happen.

A careful reading of D&C Chapter 77 puts everything into correct chronological order.

Revelations 7:4 talks about the 144,000 being sealed. D&C 77:10 clearly states that the events in Revelations Chapter 7 takes place during the 6th seal.

Revelations 8:1 talks about the events that take place when the seventh seal is opened. D&C 77:13 says that the events in Revelations Chapter 9 take place “after the opening of the seventh seal, before the coming of Christ.”

Revelations Chapter 9 talks about the formation of an army of 200 million men who will kill one third of the earth’s population. This army apparently forms on the Euphrates River, either in Syria or Iraq. It would appear that the Seventh Dispensation will start off with a “bang!”

There is no way that we are living in the 7th Dispensation. Too many things have to happen first. The return of the Lost Ten Tribes is just one event, but it is an important one. We need to keep in mind, however, that horrible events can happen quickly!
Some have stated that the sixth and the seventh seal overlap in order to have the 144000 sealed in the sixth seal and have the lost tribes return in the seventh seal. Some, like you have stated that the sixth seal hasn't ended yet because the 144000 haven't been sealed yet, or the ten tribes haven't returned yet.

Revelation is really clear, and D&C helps us understand. The 144000 are sealed in the sixth seal. Yet they are then sent out into the world to preach during the seventh. This we know because the world is already going through all the punishments when they go out to preach. That is the reason why their physical state have to be changed-so that they can survive the punishments. Yet the scriptures say that they are virgins. At least that is what it sounds like. This means that they have not been married and they may still be young individuals (around the age of missionaries now-a-days). Many scholars and some GA's have stated then that the meaning of the scriptures are as follows:

The 144000 are sealed during the sixth seal.
The 144000 were picked out, chosen and sealed before they are born.
The 144000 are born close to the end of the sixth seal.
By the beginning of the seventh seal, while the world is suffering all of the punishments and judgments, once the lost tribes return, but before they actually marry, the 144000 are physically changed and sent out into the world to preach the gospel one last time.

I don't believe that there is an overlapping. If we look at the words of the scriptures and quotes from other authorities closely we will see that there is no overlapping. Now I'm not saying that we are in the sixth seal or seventh seal. I really don't know. But during the October Conference of 2001, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley quoted some verses from Joel and said that they have already been fulfilled. Among the prophecies he mentioned are "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come". This could give us a clue into what seal we could be in.

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

So does anyone close to AoA have game cameras out? :-$

Can you imagine that picture? LOL wow...

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

The sixth seal has closed and the seventh has opened.
We are in the half hour of silence at the beginning of the seventh seal.
Buffalo Girl is correct, the seals and the dispensations are two different things.
At the end of the half hour of silence, the Lord will start " the Woes ".
Some people are so fixed on one thing or another that they miss the big picture....
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....
These are all signs the Lord gives us as we watch and prepare. He controls how they will be presented.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

When the sixth seal ends and the seventh opens, it'll be with a bang, and there won't be any confusion about it.

Earthquake.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

When the sixth seal ends and the seventh opens, it'll be with a bang, and there won't be any confusion about it.

Earthquake.

I thought the Great Earthquake occurs when the Sixth Seal is opened.

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

'Silence' occurs when the Seventh Seal is opened.

Revelation 8
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

Regardless, my job is to DO what is required in order to BE worthy to stand before my Redeemer.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

What indicators do we have that we're in the period of silence? How do we define it? What does silence in heaven mean? And what seal marks the period of tribulation. I suppose it is in the seventh?

Carlos
captain of 100

Post by Carlos »

IMO we're in the 7th seal. The woe's have begun. The first woe lasts for 5 months to 'torment' evil men with armored locusts. There is a preparation period of 1 year, 1 month and 1 day before the 2nd woe (with horses, beasts, and men) commences around the river Euphrates to 'kill men'.
The Afghan war began on Sept 17, 2001 as aircraft (locusts) left the US to seek and kill the perpetrators of 911. On Feb 17 2002, exactly 5 months later, the air campaign to get Bin Laden ended and the military focus changed to prop up the new Afghan government. From Feb 17 2002 to Mar 18 2003, exactly 13 months and 1 day, the US prepared for a ground war (horses, beasts, and men) in Iraq... to kill men. The timeline for the first 2 woes described in Rev matches exactly the timeline of the only 2 US wars in this new millennium. Search wikipedia and you'll see that the dates I present are accurate. Of course it could be a coincidence, but I personally think not.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Carlos wrote:IMO we're in the 7th seal. The woe's have begun. The first woe lasts for 5 months to 'torment' evil men with armored locusts. There is a preparation period of 1 year, 1 month and 1 day before the 2nd woe (with horses, beasts, and men) commences around the river Euphrates to 'kill men'.
The Afghan war began on Sept 17, 2001 as aircraft (locusts) left the US to seek and kill the perpetrators of 911. On Feb 17 2002, exactly 5 months later, the air campaign to get Bin Laden ended and the military focus changed to prop up the new Afghan government. From Feb 17 2002 to Mar 18 2003, exactly 13 months and 1 day, the US prepared for a ground war (horses, beasts, and men) in Iraq... to kill men. The timeline for the first 2 woes described in Rev matches exactly the timeline of the only 2 US wars in this new millennium. Search wikipedia and you'll see that the dates I present are accurate. Of course it could be a coincidence, but I personally think not.
I was unable to verify these exact dates. Everything I can find states the conflict in Afghanistan began October 7, 2001. I am very interested in this information. Can you provide the link to Wikipedia showing these dates?

Carlos
captain of 100

Post by Carlos »

Still Learning wrote:
Carlos wrote:IMO we're in the 7th seal. The woe's have begun. The first woe lasts for 5 months to 'torment' evil men with armored locusts. There is a preparation period of 1 year, 1 month and 1 day before the 2nd woe (with horses, beasts, and men) commences around the river Euphrates to 'kill men'.
I was unable to verify these exact dates. Everything I can find states the conflict in Afghanistan began October 7, 2001. I am very interested in this information. Can you provide the link to Wikipedia showing these dates?
Sure. It's been a while since I worked with this so let me make corrections to begin with. You are right that the bombs started dropping on Oct 7. War was "declared" on Sept 18th (my bad, I said the 17th) with the Authorization of Use of Military Force" when Pres Bush signed SJRes 23 into law in the evening. Within a few hours of that signing, the military sprung into action sending aircraft to Pakistan to prepare the operating bases for the assault which would begin in less than 3 weeks. Here is the document of that resolution signing: http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives. ... 18-10.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the wiki link on the Afghan war timeline: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_in_Afghanistan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On Feb 19 (Afghan time...Feb 18th US time) the following occurred:
Tuesday, February 19: The Pentagon ordered two U.S. bombing raids against Afghan militias opposed to the new administration led by Hamid Karzai. This marked a turn in strategy. Previously, all U.S. military operation had focused strictly on Taliban and al-Qaeda forces.
This is 5 months exactly from the declaration and movement of aircraft to the change of operation.

Rev 9:1-3 reads: 1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
I think the locusts are military aircraft. I would consider Radical Islam to be a terrible bottomless pit which was opened on 911 in this millennium.

Here's the reference to the Iraq war beginning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says:
Opening attack
On 20 March 2003 at approximately 02:30 UTC or about 90 minutes after the lapse of the 48-hour deadline, at 05:33 local time, explosions were heard in Baghdad. Special operations commandos from the CIA's Special Activities Division from the Northern Iraq Liaison Element infiltrated throughout Iraq and called in the early air strikes.[56] At 03:15 UTC, or 10:15 pm EST, George W. Bush announced that he had ordered an "attack of opportunity" against targets in Iraq.[141] When this word was given, the troops on standby crossed the border into Iraq.

Once again, March 20th is Iraq time (3/19 9:30pm Washington time). This is exactly 13 months and 1 day from the change of operations in Afghanistan.

When did Bush begin planning the Iraq war? Here is an article implying it was decided by Feb 2002. http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2003/1 ... ntPage=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By early March, 2002, a former White House official told me, it was understood by many in the White House that the President had decided, in his own mind, to go to war. The undeclared decision had a devastating impact on the continuing struggle against terrorism. The Bush Administration took many intelligence operations that had been aimed at Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups around the world and redirected them to the Persian Gulf. Linguists and special operatives were abruptly reassigned, and several ongoing anti-terrorism intelligence programs were curtailed.

The preparation for the 2nd Woe was as follows:
And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year,
(Revelation 9:15)
It would be impossible to determine exactly when the Bush admin started to prepare for Iraq. But the evidence suggests it was close to 13 months.

Once again, the purpose of the 1st woe was to torment "only those men who didn't have the seal of God on their foreheads" (specific evil men). The purpose of the 2nd woe was to "slay men" around the river Euphrates. And the result or consequence to the rest of the humanity during these wars?
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
(Revelation 9:20–21)

Seem's plausible to me.... or just coincidence?

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

The 6th seal has not even opened yet - it is busy tearing at the seams through.
The world has to have an economic collapse go into chaos, the missionaries recalled D&C 88, 3 Nephi, then the testimony of earthquakes etc. The new Jerusalem established where the 10 lost tribes can receive there blessing from Ephraim. The only the final and total destruction of the kingdoms of the earth and the millennium i.e 7th seal.

Rev6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Rev7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

There has been no great earthquake - the first presidensy has repeatedly told us that the events transpired so far has only been a tast of what is to come.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

The so called Gulf wars were no more than a backyard pub brawl, and they were not aerial battles. Except for the first Gulf war that started with combat helicopter attach that lasted all of one day. The Gulf war was mostly roadside bombs. Not like discussed in Revelations where it is an aerial war where a third of men are destroyed; now that is a real war.

Think of the Vietnam war where the us dropped more bombs in 11 days than in the first and second world war combined. Think of second world war 2 atomic bombs. Consider the bombing of Dresden; in basically one/2 days of bombing 35,000-135,000 dead. The bombing created a fire ball that burnt the city to the ground.
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/bo ... resden.htm

In the GAS vision these thing were refereed to as training exercises for the last days. i.e. wars of little significance - where does the gulf war fit in!!! nothing more than a war on terrorism but not a real war.

The nukes dropped during the second world war were made with captured German nuclear material. The world now has +17,300 nukes.
http://www.ploughshares.org/world-nucle ... ile-report

When they are unleashed then we have some real war to talk about.

CR, ET BENSON OCT:1961
The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the "abomination of desolation" is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction.
In the light of these prophecies there should be no doubt in the mind of any priesthood holder that the human family is headed for trouble. There are rugged days ahead. It is time for every man who wishes to do his duty to get himself prepared -- physically, spiritually, and psychologically -- for the task which may come at any time, as suddenly as the whirlwind

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Yes we are in the 6 thousand year period but the destruction’s by the releasing of the seals has not happened yet. I see missionaries being pulled from a lot of countries Haiti, a few in South America, Ukraine and sisters from South Africa etc. We might be at a turning point where loosing more countries that missionaries are operating in than gaining new ones, baring the WW2. The hastening as number of missionaries in the field is basically all downhill from here, so it is very close even at the door..

Not one of the events in any of 6 &7 seals has transpired, I would like to see a solid argument that even one of the plagues/destruction’s of either seals has occurred to-date.

How is the ‘Black Death/bubonic plague’ equaled in modern times, this was just a type of things to come - every household will be effected.
http://facts.randomhistory.com/2009/06 ... death.html

"A plague epidemic swept through Europe from 1348 through 1351, killing an estimated 25–60% of Europeans. Some estimates are as high as 2/3 of the population.
The exact death toll is difficult to measure from medieval sources. The number of deaths varied considerably by area and depending on the source. Current estimates are that between 75 and 200 million people died from the plague."

D&C29 - reads very much like the starting of the 6th seal spoken by John in Revelations.

29:14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;
 15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
 16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.
 17 And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
 18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
 19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

Jezebel wrote:This should be a poll. It all depends on people's personal interpretations of scriptures.

Really, why does it even matter?
It depends... I think if we are striving to be the "children of light" we are pondering the signs for the coming of the Lord.

And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night—
5 Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 106:4 - 5)

So that we are prepared spiritually we ought to try to figure these thing out so that the "world" does not overtake us as a thief.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

abelchirino wrote:
letsjet wrote:We are still in the sixth seal period of time. The 144,000 High Priests are set apart near the end of the sixth seal. Obviously the lost ten tribes have to return before that event can happen.

Some have stated that the sixth and the seventh seal overlap in order to have the 144000 sealed in the sixth seal and have the lost tribes return in the seventh seal. Some, like you have stated that the sixth seal hasn't ended yet because the 144000 haven't been sealed yet, or the ten tribes haven't returned yet.

Revelation is really clear, and D&C helps us understand. The 144000 are sealed in the sixth seal. Yet they are then sent out into the world to preach during the seventh. This we know because the world is already going through all the punishments when they go out to preach. That is the reason why their physical state have to be changed-so that they can survive the punishments. Yet the scriptures say that they are virgins. At least that is what it sounds like. This means that they have not been married and they may still be young individuals (around the age of missionaries now-a-days). Many scholars and some GA's have stated then that the meaning of the scriptures are as follows:

The 144000 are sealed during the sixth seal.
The 144000 were picked out, chosen and sealed before they are born.
The 144000 are born close to the end of the sixth seal.
By the beginning of the seventh seal, while the world is suffering all of the punishments and judgments, once the lost tribes return, but before they actually marry, the 144000 are physically changed and sent out into the world to preach the gospel one last time.

I don't believe that there is an overlapping. If we look at the words of the scriptures and quotes from other authorities closely we will see that there is no overlapping. Now I'm not saying that we are in the sixth seal or seventh seal. I really don't know. But during the October Conference of 2001, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley quoted some verses from Joel and said that they have already been fulfilled. Among the prophecies he mentioned are "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come". This could give us a clue into what seal we could be in.
D&C 77: 10-11 states the the 144,000 are "high priests" (older guys) and a true "high priest" includes his wife in the true order of heaven IMO. Without the queen of heaven standing by the side of our Father or Christ, I don't believe you would have a true "high priest." So to me these "high priests" 144,000 are male and female (couples) translated beings going out to gather all that will come to the "Church of the Firstborn" (a spiritual church that has been gathering members since the days of Adam and Eve to the time Christ returns in glory IMO.

10 Q. What time are the things spoken of in this chapter to be accomplished?
A. They are to be accomplished in the sixth thousand years, or the opening of the sixth seal.
11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?
A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 77:10 - 11)