Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Carlos
captain of 100

Re: Sixth Seal OR Seventh Seal?

Post by Carlos »

Charles7 wrote: It will commence in the year 2000 AD .
Let me make a minor correction to everyone's celebration of the opening of the 7th seal. The calendar makers left out the year zero, i.e. it went from 1 bc to 1 ad. So technically, the opening of the 7th seal took place on April 6th 2001. Just a few months before all hell broke lose. I think scripturally speaking that would be, 'the bottomless pit was opened" and filled the world with the acrid smoke of war. It is progressing to Armageddon, the third woe.
Charles, one of the events of the 6th seal was the darkening of the sun, moon, and stars. Yesterday I wrote a scriptural explanation of the symbolism of this event in the "Gospel Discussions" area. Check it out and you better understand how metaphors are an intregal part of the Lord's language. The thread is titled "Understanding Heaven and Earth".

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Cowboy wrote:Sorry WarMonger,
We agree on the events but not the timing...I think you missed those events, ha ha
THEY WERE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( just teasing, )
This is also a point they are not great sings if 99.999999% of every one missed them, and those that say they have happened can't point them out except it happens in heaven and was symbolic of events that are not going to occur. (perhaps we are all like Rip Van Winkle had too much liquor and missed the restoration).LOL. All the symbolism you mention are symbolic of actual events!!!

AofF10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
Two separate PH keys and two separate temporal events - the scriptures are very clear. Now we go round and round in circles: missionaries withdrawn then the calamities start. All the other seals 1-5 were literal events not symbolic of things that did not occur- the seals are calamities that will happen to men on earth.

If all the events of the 6th seal are heavenly/symbolic - so then are the 7th seal as well -nothing to worry about just one big party and they (calamities) will pass without the world noticing it.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

durangout wrote: WarMonger: Was Eve literally created from Adam's "rib"?
Thoughts, WarMonger?
Many years ago I remember a conference talk (perhaps even T.S. Monson) about how dogs, cats cows etc. and most other large animals have one more (13) set of ribs than humans do (12)?? be careful :-B
durangout wrote: WarMonger: Do the sacramental emblems symbolize something or are we just eating bread and drinking water?
Thoughts, WarMonger?

The sacrament represents and actual event that occurred on earth - not some strange heavenly symbol that no one has seen or understands on earth.

Jeremiah 23:7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.
It will be a greater temporal/earhtly event than Moses leading the children of Israel through the Red Sea??

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

WarMonger wrote:
Cowboy wrote:Sorry WarMonger,
We agree on the events but not the timing...I think you missed those events, ha ha
THEY WERE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( just teasing, )
This is also a point they are not great sings if 99.999999% of every one missed them, and those that say they have happened can't point them out except it happens in heaven and was symbolic of events that are not going to occur. (perhaps we are all like Rip Van Winkle had too much liquor and missed the restoration).LOL. All the symbolism you mention are symbolic of actual events!!!

AofF10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
Two separate PH keys and two separate temporal events - the scriptures are very clear. Now we go round and round in circles: missionaries withdrawn then the calamities start. All the other seals 1-5 were literal events not symbolic of things that did not occur- the seals are calamities that will happen to men on earth.

If all the events of the 6th seal are heavenly/symbolic - so then are the 7th seal as well -nothing to worry about just one big party and they (calamities) will pass without the world noticing it.

I'm not getting what you are saying. I think several of us who are interested need to fly down and have a meeting / conference/ symposium.
We could hold it on Bonzai Beach and figure all this out. Of course we would all need to stay at your house and eat all of your food too.
We would be like a highly regarded " Think Tank ".
WOW, is that a plan or what?

Ok, back to reality... Good catch Carlos, It would be April 6th 2001

Warmonger, I am not much into symbolism. The Seals are time frames that the Lord has given the Earth for its existence.
The events are literal, I agree, I just feel you are misinterpreting when and how they need to happen.
The calamities or woes start right after the half hour of silence ends.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cowboy wrote:I am not much into symbolism.
Then, you're missing the mark.
The Seals are time frames that the Lord has given the Earth for its existence.
The events are literal, I agree, I just feel you are misinterpreting when and how they need to happen.
The calamities or woes start right after the half hour of silence ends.
Says who?

Jesus, when asked WHEN the kingdom of God would come, said,
"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation. Neither shall they say, lo here, or lo there.
For behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
- Luke 17:20-21-ish

Cowboy, where else do you experience God, except WITHIN you?
Many Jews around Jesus wanted an external savior, to free them from tyrants, etc.
However, Jesus offered an internal saving, by following/applying his teachings, which were symbolic parables.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I don't know but it sure feels like 'silence' right now. I agree with those who say we are in the period of silence. I've felt that we are in the Seventh seal for some time now.

I think the Book of Revelation is becoming clearer as we see last days events unfold.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

AI2.0 wrote:I don't know but it sure feels like 'silence' right now. I agree with those who say we are in the period of silence. I've felt that we are in the Seventh seal for some time now.
I think the Book of Revelation is becoming clearer as we see last days events unfold.
Silence from what - it implies there was a big noise then things quietened down. Not much that can be considered events in the seals have happened in the last +140 years baring the ww1/2 which were non events if one takes the prophesied things to come.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Cowboy wrote:I'm not getting what you are saying. I think several of us who are interested need to fly down and have a meeting / conference/ symposium.
We could hold it on Bonzai Beach and figure all this out. Of course we would all need to stay at your house and eat all of your food too.
We would be like a highly regarded " Think Tank ". WOW, is that a plan or what?
Sounds like a plan Bondi beach is cool but I am closer to Newcastle an have numerous great beaches.

Final comments:
My thinking is economic chaos, missionary with drawn, earthquakes, plagues, wars - nukes, US split in half by earthquakes - Jackson County swept clean from Tsunami (great lakes), Zion established - temple built, lost tribes return with scriptures and get temple blessings from Ephraim. The 144k called sealed on forehead for protection against the plagues etc. then sent out to recover the few repentant straggles across the globe - to bring them to Zion New Jerusalem - else what is their purpose. (all the main prophets and gospel writer mention the lost tribes even in the AoF which is a very very brief summary of our beliefs). The Jews build the temple in Jerusalem - first need a serious war for that to happen.

Silence in heaven is likely a reprieve from all the meteorites, comets and CME hitting the earth (angry heavens and start falling like figs - also a 6th seal event), then the heavenly bombardment continues with a vengeance in the 7th seal.

The 7th seal is final destruction of the wicked, Armageddon and the Jews accepting the Messiah, return of the city of Enoch then the second coming.

You have a problem with earthquake, 144k, meteorite bombardment etc, I have a calender problem :-? .

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

So much for a final post!! I have solved the silence in "HEAVEN", you guys put me under tooooo much pressure had to solve the issue.

6th seal event meteorite shower (figs, Rev6:13), then Rev7:3 "Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads". Basically don't destroy the world until 144K missionaries sent out to do the final work.

Then opening 7th seal heralded by "voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake" Rev8:5.
then:
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Opening 7th seal first 3 events major extraterrestrial bombardments destroying ± half the world. so the silence in the heavens is from the 'figs falling' 6th seal to three major planetary events from the heavens. The silence is for the 144k to do their work prior to the 7th seal and all out destruction and also gives the anti Christ time to get their armies together to fight against Israel just like the Jaradies had a few years of peace gathering all their armies/population for utter destruction.

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

Hey Mate,
Our thinking is almost identical.
The only difference is the timing of where we are.
I even see it the same as you as to the order it will happen.
I just see it differently as to where we are in the timeline. The Earthquake will happen and the rest of the woes will occur.
But I just don't think you have the need for some of those things to happen in the Sixth Seal correct as opposed to the Seventh.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Silence in heaven is likely a reprieve from all the meteorites, comets and CME hitting the earth (angry heavens and start falling like figs - also a 6th seal event), then the heavenly bombardment continues with a vengeance in the 7th seal.

I don't know about a reprieve from stars & other celestial bodies falling. Silence suggests to me that 'heaven' is fed up, said pretty much all that could be said to a bunch of deaf Baal* worshipers, and has simply withdrawn from further communication. "Have your king & your idols! Talk to you if and when you are willing to listen."

That's how I see it.

Ever wonder what will happen to all that space debris if there is major disruption in the electromagnetic flow within the Earth? That same electromagnetic flow also drives atmospheric jet streams - which are being constantly manipulated with war technology.

If the Earth rebels against its tormentors, we will see and experience all sorts of previously unimaginable events over which we will have absolutely NO control.

1Samuel 15
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee....

* Baal
From Bible Dictionary - Baal Possessor, lord. The word Baal expresses the relation between lord and slave. The prophets call Baal “the Shame” The Tower of Babylon was also referred to as the Temple of Bel. Bel - A Babylonian god, same as Baal. He was worshipped with different ideas and rites in different places.

In Rabbinical literature, Nimrod – the architect of Babylon - is the prototype of a rebellious people, his name being interpreted as "he who made all the people rebellious against God" He was also the first to make war on other peoples. He is thought to have established “Emperor Worship” and the concept of LAW of Kings.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Cowboy wrote:Hey Mate,
Our thinking is almost identical.
The only difference is the timing of where we are.
I even see it the same as you as to the order it will happen. I just see it differently as to where we are in the timeline. The Earthquake will happen and the rest of the woes will occur. But I just don't think you have the need for some of those things to happen in the Sixth Seal correct as opposed to the Seventh.
Yeah Buddy - well if we agree that all those events are literal events to occur on earth and have not happened yet - it matter not what seal you call it 77x7 is also good peace. :-C

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

friendsofthe wrote: May 8th, 2014, 9:27 pm A few of you have recently stated on another thread that you think we are in the seventh seal. Let me give you just one evidence as to why I believe that we are still in the sixth seal. It’s because I think that Lord has as much as told us so in scripture. In D&C 64 the Lord says:
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.
This revelation was given on September 11, 1831. In it the Lord says “now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man”. It’s quite obvious that he’s not speaking after the manner of the reckoning of man. If he is speaking after the manner of his reckoning and I think he is, then we know that the days of which he speaks are equivalent to one thousand of our years. His days are also represented as having seals upon them in Revelation.

The Lord also says here “For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble”. It should also be quite obvious to all that the “tomorrow” spoken of here is the day when the Lord comes or the seventh seal.

So, if it’s “today” until he comes and “tomorrow” when he comes and he hasn’t come yet, I think it’s pretty much a done deal that we are still in the sixth seal. And I think we have the Lord’s word for it.

I think that we're in the 6th seal, the year 6924. Only 83 years until the Second Coming. /:) /:)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Zion2080 wrote: I think that we're in the 6th seal, the year 6924. Only 83 years until the Second Coming. /:) /:)
You are correct, we are still in the 6th seal but I don’t personally think we will be for long. In fact, I can think of one possible scenario that could place the Second Coming as close as the fall of 2020… Now that’s close!

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Zion2080 wrote: March 18th, 2017, 10:50 am
friendsofthe wrote: May 8th, 2014, 9:27 pm A few of you have recently stated on another thread that you think we are in the seventh seal. Let me give you just one evidence as to why I believe that we are still in the sixth seal. It’s because I think that Lord has as much as told us so in scripture. In D&C 64 the Lord says:
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

This revelation was given on September 11, 1831. In it the Lord says “now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man”. It’s quite obvious that he’s not speaking after the manner of the reckoning of man. If he is speaking after the manner of his reckoning and I think he is, then we know that the days of which he speaks are equivalent to one thousand of our years. His days are also represented as having seals upon them in Revelation.

The Lord also says here “For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble”. It should also be quite obvious to all that the “tomorrow” spoken of here is the day when the Lord comes or the seventh seal.

So, if it’s “today” until he comes and “tomorrow” when he comes and he hasn’t come yet, I think it’s pretty much a done deal that we are still in the sixth seal. And I think we have the Lord’s word for it.

I think that we're in the 6th seal, the year 6924. Only 83 years until the Second Coming. /:) /:)
Zion2080 you seem to want to know where we are in regards to the seals, may I suggest two things 1st live your life as if the Lord were coming today , but plant your Cherry trees for tomorrow. 2nd look for the" signs of the seasons" rather than specific guess on years. In talking with some friends they mentioned they got a call from their son saying the grandson had been born tomorrow, well yes he was born in New Zealand yesterday, but yesterday will be tomorrow for us here . The Lord has said He will come in the morning of the seventh seal , at what exact moment is it morning, when the first light or rays rise over the mountains here, or in another state the time mountain , central, it is or course night in Australia and a different day than it is here today . Every country seems to have a different timing and place in the Lord's coming. Sixth seal at what official moment does it become the 7th, by our time even states differ ,so if your trying to go by seasons , I would say here in America we our rippening in iniquity. Events might tell the timing more than our guess work on the seals, I think we could still be in the 6th seal , yet I had an experience where it felt like the heavens closed up and the period of silence began to reign. Was this general or personal?, I met someone who had the same experience. We are commanded to watch and be ready, I can do that ,I can also wait a lifetime if I need to. The hard part might be in really recognizing the signs that cause the earth to quake, and when and what causes that silence to reign.
Last edited by Older/wiser? on March 19th, 2017, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Older/wiser? wrote: March 19th, 2017, 3:55 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 18th, 2017, 10:50 am

Zion2080 you seem to want to know where we are in regards to the seals, may I suggest two things 1st live your life as if the Lord were coming today , but plant your Cherry trees for tomorrow. 2nd look for the" signs of the seasons" rather than specific guess on years. In talking with some friends they mentioned they got a call from their son saying the grandson had been born tomorrow, well yes he was born in New Zealand yesterday, but yesterday will be tomorrow for us here . The Lord has said He will come in the morning of the seventh seal , at what exact moment is it is it morning, when the first light or rays rise over the mountains here, or in another state the time mountain , central, it is or course night in Australia and a different day than it is here today . Every country seems to have a different timing and place in the Lord's coming. Sixth seal at what official moment does it become the 7th, by our time even states differ ,so if your trying to go by seasons , I would say here in America we our rippening in iniquity. Events might tell the timing more than our guess work on the seals, I think we could still be in the 6th seal , yet I had an expedience where it felt l I keep the heavens closed up and the period of silence

Interesting. I will take that into consideration. :)

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

durangout wrote: June 24th, 2014, 4:04 pm Charles7 and Cowboy:

You are correct. The 7th Seal opend Apr 6 2000 and we are currently in the Silence period.

Great minds think alike. :D

WarMonger: May I suggest you begin learning God's language. He speaks to us in a language of symbols. For example, "light" can be symbolic for truth, power, Christ Himself. Was Eve literally created from Adam's "rib"? Do the sacramental emblems symbolize something or are we just eating bread and drinking water? Why did the HP in the Hebrew temple wear white clothing in the Holy of Holies. Why did Moses / Christ fast for exactly 40 days? Why are there 12 Tribes and not 11 or13? Why do we perform baptism by immersion?..Once you begin to learn this language the scriptures and their meaning will become much clearer to you.

You have used two excellent examples in your end times explanations: The Great Earthquake and the Highway upon which the Lost 10 Tribes will return which both happen during the 6th Seal.

I submit that these two events mean something other than a literal earthquake and a road suspended over the ocean.

Thoughts, WarMonger?

If we really are, we've only got almost 4 years left!

kfb
captain of 100

Not to difficult

Post by kfb »

The has been explained by those who understand the scripture and latter day prophecies.

We are in the 6th seal until the following occur

start of the building of New Jerusalem.
144,000 called.
Missionaries called home
Worldwide earthquake
10 tribes return. Period

Read the D&C regarding the 144K.. they are high priest called to preach the gospel D&C 77:10-11

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

SkyBird wrote: June 4th, 2014, 6:41 pm
Cowboy wrote:The sixth seal has closed and the seventh has opened.
We are in the half hour of silence at the beginning of the seventh seal.
Buffalo Girl is correct, the seals and the dispensations are two different things.
At the end of the half hour of silence, the Lord will start " the Woes ".
Some people are so fixed on one thing or another that they miss the big picture....
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....
These are all signs the Lord gives us as we watch and prepare. He controls how they will be presented.
Not so... we are in the 6th Seal, the end of it because this has not happened yet...

there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

(New Testament | Revelation 6:12 - 17)

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

SamFisher wrote: May 12th, 2014, 8:45 pm What indicators do we have that we're in the period of silence? How do we define it? What does silence in heaven mean? And what seal marks the period of tribulation. I suppose it is in the seventh?
Elsewhere in the scriptures when heaven is silent it is because the angels are weeping for the wickedness of men on earth. We know angels usually make a joyful sound praising God as they busily go about doing the will of God, so for them to be silent is an eerie scene.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Z2100 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 11:48 am
Buffalo Girl is correct, the seals and the dispensations are two different things.
Some people are so fixed on one thing or another that they miss the big picture....
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....
These are all signs the Lord gives us as we watch and prepare. He controls how they will be presented.
Not so... we are in the 6th Seal, the end of it because this has not happened yet...

there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

The 6th seal opens with an earthquake so if it hasn't happened yet we must therefor still be in the very first part of the 6th seal, not the end of it.
I'm not sure why you left out the first part of verse 12 but you did it on purpose-
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood

For me, I think we're in the 7th seal.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I know there are several places in the scriptures that talk about the sun be darkened and the moon turned into blood, assuming that they are all referring to the same event let me quote President Hinckley from October Conference 2001:

The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).
[/i]

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

shadow wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:27 am
Z2100 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 11:48 am
Examples:
Ten tribes return
Moon to Blood
AOA
New Jerusalem
so on so forth....

The 6th seal opens with an earthquake so if it hasn't happened yet we must therefor still be in the very first part of the 6th seal, not the end of it.
I'm not sure why you left out the first part of verse 12 but you did it on purpose-
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood

For me, I think we're in the 7th seal.
We can agree to disagree :)