0030, 1830, 2030?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

0030, 1830, 2030?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

2030 is exactly 2000 years since the inception of The Church of Jesus Christ.

1830 restoration is likewise an exact time interval .. to the exact day!

Longer lifespans may extend the following teaching .. interesting?

Joseph Smith - There are those of the rising generation who shall not taste death till Christ comes. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 286)

Bruce R. McConkie - The rising generation is the one that has just begun. Thus, technically, children born on April 6, 1843, would be the first members of the rising generation, and all children born, however many years later, to the same parents would still be members of that same rising generation. It is not unreasonable to suppose that many young men had babies at the time of this prophecy and also had other children as much as 50 or 75 years later, assuming for instance that they were married again to younger women. This very probable assumption would bring the date up to, say, the 2nd decade in the 20th century—and the children so born would be members of that same rising generation of which the Prophet spoke. Now if these children lived to the normal age of men generally, they would be alive well past the year 2000 A. D. (Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, v1, p. 666)

Teachers’ Note: In our opinion Elder McConkie’s explanation pushes the meaning of “rising generation” to an unreasonable extreme. Another and perhaps better line of thought is to look at the origin of Joseph’s quote. The book Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith was published by Joseph Fielding Smith in 1976. He compiled the quotes using the diaries available to him at the time, rewording some of them here and there. The original quote is not directly from any writing by Joseph Smith, but is from a diary account by Willard Richards of a speech made by Joseph Smith on 6 April 1843. Joseph Fielding Smith used Willard Richard’s quote word-for-word. Interestingly however there are accounts from two other people that day, but neither of them mention the quote. Even if Br. Richards is accurate, the quote is not as solid as something that is an officially published statement by the author, who had time to review his wording. Quotes from those days are much better if they appeared in the magazine of the time, Times and Seasons, and were reviewed and proofread by the Prophet himself.

http://elarsen.net/lessons/Second_Coming_-Date_of.docx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: 0030, 1830, 2030?

Post by Rose Garden »

Interesting. I don't see why there can't be those who lived in Joseph's time who were translated that we just don't know about.

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

Its an interesting thought. My brother had felt for many years that the second coming would happen 30 yrs from then. That was around the year 2000. Now my neither isn't a prophet so his feeling doesn't mean much to others but i don't see why it can't happen then. His felling stems from something his patriarchal blessing says. Now unfortunately it is a little hard to guess because the day the Lord saves the Jews isn't the same day as the second coming and it doesn't say how much time there is between one and the other. But it is an interesting thought though.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

abelchirino wrote:Its an interesting thought. My brother had felt for many years that the second coming would happen 30 yrs from then. That was around the year 2000. Now my neither isn't a prophet so his feeling doesn't mean much to others but i don't see why it can't happen then. His felling stems from something his patriarchal blessing says. Now unfortunately it is a little hard to guess because the day the Lord saves the Jews isn't the same day as the second coming and it doesn't say how much time there is between one and the other. But it is an interesting thought though.
Doesn't it seem somewhat logical that the SC could be on the anniversary of Christ's birthday... wasn't his resurrection on this anniversary? If so why not the SC... April 6th, on a Sunday? What year would that put it?

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

SkyBird wrote:
abelchirino wrote:Its an interesting thought. My brother had felt for many years that the second coming would happen 30 yrs from then. That was around the year 2000. Now my neither isn't a prophet so his feeling doesn't mean much to others but i don't see why it can't happen then. His felling stems from something his patriarchal blessing says. Now unfortunately it is a little hard to guess because the day the Lord saves the Jews isn't the same day as the second coming and it doesn't say how much time there is between one and the other. But it is an interesting thought though.
Doesn't it seem somewhat logical that the SC could be on the anniversary of Christ's birthday... wasn't his resurrection on this anniversary? If so why not the SC... April 6th, on a Sunday? What year would that put it?
I think it is logical. But logical doesn't always mean it is probable. I personally think it's likely but it would place many and many prophecies within the scope of 16 yrs. Which also could be enough time, especially if these events accelerate themselves as some GAs have mentioned.

Now Isiah uses Egypt to represent America on the last days. Egypt was a super power of that day just as America is a super power today. And a precursor to the complete collapse of Egypt was a Pharaoh of African and Egyptian descent (not that the African/Egyptian Pharaoh caused the collapsed but that it was under his reign that Egypt took it's final self destroying steps). This could mean that an American president of African and American descent could be a precursor of the complete collapse of America (which doesn't mean it will come because of the African/American president but it will be during his presidency, or right after it, that America will take its final self destroying steps). Seeing that our beloved president is half of African descent and half of American descent, this could mean that the complete collapse of American might come anytime from to 2016 or almost right after that. This could make it possible to have the SC happen at or around 2030.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

These are all the dates April 6th comes about on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday up to the year 2030.

April 6, 2014 Sunday
April 6, 2018 Friday
April 6, 2019 Saturday
April 6, 2024 Saturday
April 6, 2025 Sunday
April 6, 2029 Friday
April 6, 2030 Saturday

I hope I am wrong about this... 'cause I'd rather see it come about 7 years from now:)

skylight
captain of 100

Post by skylight »

Interestingly, our calendars proprotedly skip the year "0" the year Christ was born. If you look at 2031 april 6 IS on a Sunday.....

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Something that I feel is important to consider is the Jewish Holy Days.

Christ' first coming was in fulfillment of several of these Holy Days - the Passover, the feast of Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and the feast of Weeks. All of these feast occur early in the year, and generally coincide with our April General Conference.

The other Holy Days - the feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and feast of Tabernacles - have not yet had their fulfillment, but I believe will when Christ comes again. These Holy Days occur towards the end of our year, and generally coincide with our October General Conference.

Just something to think about. ;)

jonwymore
captain of 100

Post by jonwymore »

I have always been under the understanding he was crucified at the age of 33 so year 33. And I was told the earthquake and subsequent darkness for 3 days following was the opening of one of the seals. I believe the seals correspond to his death year as opposed to his birth. I have always thought of 2033 as the year of either return or the opening of the 7th seal

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

BeNotDeceived wrote:2030 is exactly 2000 years since the inception of The Church of Jesus Christ.

1830 restoration is likewise an exact time interval .. to the exact day!

Longer lifespans may extend the following teaching .. interesting?

Joseph Smith - There are those of the rising generation who shall not taste death till Christ comes. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 286)

Bruce R. McConkie - The rising generation is the one that has just begun. Thus, technically, children born on April 6, 1843, would be the first members of the rising generation, and all children born, however many years later, to the same parents would still be members of that same rising generation. It is not unreasonable to suppose that many young men had babies at the time of this prophecy and also had other children as much as 50 or 75 years later, assuming for instance that they were married again to younger women. This very probable assumption would bring the date up to, say, the 2nd decade in the 20th century—and the children so born would be members of that same rising generation of which the Prophet spoke. Now if these children lived to the normal age of men generally, they would be alive well past the year 2000 A. D. (Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, v1, p. 666)

Teachers’ Note: In our opinion Elder McConkie’s explanation pushes the meaning of “rising generation” to an unreasonable extreme. Another and perhaps better line of thought is to look at the origin of Joseph’s quote. The book Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith was published by Joseph Fielding Smith in 1976. He compiled the quotes using the diaries available to him at the time, rewording some of them here and there. The original quote is not directly from any writing by Joseph Smith, but is from a diary account by Willard Richards of a speech made by Joseph Smith on 6 April 1843. Joseph Fielding Smith used Willard Richard’s quote word-for-word. Interestingly however there are accounts from two other people that day, but neither of them mention the quote. Even if Br. Richards is accurate, the quote is not as solid as something that is an officially published statement by the author, who had time to review his wording. Quotes from those days are much better if they appeared in the magazine of the time, Times and Seasons, and were reviewed and proofread by the Prophet himself.

http://elarsen.net/lessons/Second_Coming_-Date_of.docx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was thinking about this exact same thing last week.

Interesting...

Watcher
captain of 50

Post by Watcher »

Except that April 6 most likely is not actually his birthday. The introduction in the D&C which mentions April 6 was written by a church secretary, and refers generally to the passage of 1830 years. It is the general opinion of members of the twelve that this date cannot be taken as the actual birthdate.

There are exceptions to this among the General Authorities (some believing that is is the date), but most of what I have been able to find on the subject written by Apostles, Seventies and lds scholars seems to dismiss this date. In many of these writings, there is considerable effort spent in trying to calculate or estimate the date or at least the near season - so obviously this would be wasted effort if the date had been given by revelation.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Onsdag wrote:Something that I feel is important to consider is the Jewish Holy Days.

Christ' first coming was in fulfillment of several of these Holy Days - the Passover, the feast of Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and the feast of Weeks. All of these feast occur early in the year, and generally coincide with our April General Conference.

The other Holy Days - the feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and feast of Tabernacles - have not yet had their fulfillment, but I believe will when Christ comes again. These Holy Days occur towards the end of our year, and generally coincide with our October General Conference.

Just something to think about. ;)
Indeed, I agree entirely that the latter-day gathering is to fulfill the prophetic aspect of the fall feasts.

Another very interesting aspect to look at in relation to the fall feasts is how the calendar works. If they commence the fall harvest and the barley isn't quite ripe enough the harvest is put in abeyance and it is recommenced the following month and they actually add another month to their calendar for that year. So, this is a series of holy days that can have a kick off, a period of abeyance, and then another kick off at a later time.

When I look at what happened in the early saints efforts to establish Zion in Jackson County, it seems to me that the Lord determined that the harvest was not sufficiently ripe. Therefore, the concept of looking forward to "Zion's Redemption" became a theme that has strongly persisted even as recent as 1988 in some of President Benson's talks. In essence, we are waiting until the new kick off takes place to reboot the fall feasts and bring it all to a final conclusion.

Another interesting aspect of this is how the cycles of months do not exactly correspond with the annual cycles. The 7th month in the cycle of months is actually also the 1st month in the new annual cycle. This kind of gives the strange sense that the 7th is also simultaneously the 1st. Another area where this shows up is in the terminology we use for our day of worship. I think everyone knows that the Sabbath Day is actually the 7th day of the week and that Sunday is actually the 1st day of the week. However, for whatever reason, we have began to worship on the 1st day of the week Sunday and refer to it as the Sabbath.

Just more food for thought.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

jonwymore wrote:I have always been under the understanding he was crucified at the age of 33 so year 33. And I was told the earthquake and subsequent darkness for 3 days following was the opening of one of the seals. I believe the seals correspond to his death year as opposed to his birth. I have always thought of 2033 as the year of either return or the opening of the 7th seal
I agree it isn't his birth but I don't look at it as his death either.
The aspect I look at is when he completed his earthly mortal mission by ascending into heaven.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Watcher wrote:Except that April 6 most likely is not actually his birthday. The introduction in the D&C which mentions April 6 was written by a church secretary, and refers generally to the passage of 1830 years. It is the general opinion of members of the twelve that this date cannot be taken as the actual birthdate.
What is an interesting fact is there were indeed two births that did take place on April 6th 1830. If you look carefully you will see that the revelation Joseph Smith Jr. received called for two bodies to be organized. Most people talk about it being when the Church was organized but there was also a distinct priesthood body organized as well.

If you extend things by taking into consideration what Paul says in Ephesians 5:30, you can literally open up a view of how two brand new bodies of flesh and bone were birthed on that occasion. The priesthood body being the Masculine and the church body being the Feminine.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jwharton wrote:
Watcher wrote:Except that April 6 most likely is not actually his birthday. The introduction in the D&C which mentions April 6 was written by a church secretary, and refers generally to the passage of 1830 years. It is the general opinion of members of the twelve that this date cannot be taken as the actual birthdate.
What is an interesting fact is there were indeed two births that did take place on April 6th 1830. If you look carefully you will see that the revelation Joseph Smith Jr. received called for two bodies to be organized. Most people talk about it being when the Church was organized but there was also a distinct priesthood body organized as well.

If you extend things by taking into consideration what Paul says in Ephesians 5:30, you can literally open up a view of how two brand new bodies of flesh and bone were birthed on that occasion. The priesthood body being the Masculine and the church body being the Feminine.
Thanks to everyone for sharing insights and information .. See #11 for example of "rising generation" still living!

http://boredomtherapy.com/facts-about-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

The easiest answer is Christ has been here for quite some time already but people do not yet understand the manner in which Christ, as the Son of Man, is being manifested. From my point of view, everything Joseph Smith Jr. said upon the subject makes sense and happened just the way he said it would.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I don't really care to put a date on the Secind Coming specifically.

I more am interested in timing of events like the beginning of the Tribulation, the Burning of Babylon, and the Establishment of New Jerusalem.

Once New Jerusalem is built and the Saints are safely gathered, we are "home free" as it were. Christ will then dwell among us.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Does anyone factor in that the span of time after Christ's reign is termed as " little season"? Therefore, the coming of Christ may not held to any one year, rather, when God, The Father, tells Him to come. Only He, The Father, knows the day and time, correct?

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

freedomforall wrote:Does anyone factor in that the span of time after Christ's reign is termed as " little season"? Therefore, the coming of Christ may not held to any one year, rather, when God, The Father, tells Him to come. Only He, The Father, knows the day and time, correct?
It is correct that the Father is who knows when the coming of the Son of Man is to be and who the Son of Man actually is.
It is also correct that the Son of Man shall be the one who knows who the Father is, and then whoever to whom the Son reveals Him.
Thus, the only path for mankind to know the Father is to have it revealed to them by the Son.
It's a bit of a connundrum, but then again, most things spiritual and eternal are such.

See Luke 10:22.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I'm still thinking that 2033-34 AD is the 2000th anniversary of the death of the Savior....so that would be a good time for the Second Coming.....I sure hope it's not later than that. But then does that mean we are already in the 1/2 hour of silence in Heaven? I agree with davedan that what I'm more concerned with are events prior to the Second Coming....New Jerusalem is the event I hope to see.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

jwharton wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Does anyone factor in that the span of time after Christ's reign is termed as " little season"? Therefore, the coming of Christ may not held to any one year, rather, when God, The Father, tells Him to come. Only He, The Father, knows the day and time, correct?
It is correct that the Father is who knows when the coming of the Son of Man is to be and who the Son of Man actually is.
It is also correct that the Son of Man shall be the one who knows who the Father is, and then whoever to whom the Son reveals Him.
Thus, the only path for mankind to know the Father is to have it revealed to them by the Son.
It's a bit of a connundrum, but then again, most things spiritual and eternal are such.

See Luke 10:22.
I have pondered this a bit. I know the scriptures so that "no MAN knoweth the time......" but if the Savior has been exalted and now has all that the Father has (knowledge included)...do you think He might know?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Natasha, I firmly believe that Christ knows exactly when the Second Coming will be. At the time it was stated that no man knew except Heavenly Father, that was true, but by now I'm sure the Lord Jesus Christ knows all. And though the angels in Heaven don't know the day, I think they have a pretty good idea about how close we're coming. After all, they have a lot to do in preparation.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kathyn wrote:I'm still thinking that 2033-34 AD is the 2000th anniversary of the death of the Savior....so that would be a good time for the Second Coming.....I sure hope it's not later than that. But then does that mean we are already in the 1/2 hour of silence in Heaven? I agree with davedan that what I'm more concerned with are events prior to the Second Coming....New Jerusalem is the event I hope to see.
Yes. Under this criteria of using 2034 as a focal point, it would have begun last year. 2034 minus 21 = 2013. 1/2 hour = 21 years based on our time v God's time.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

"By the mouths of two or three of my special witnesses shall all things be established!" More than the required special witnesses have stated that the 6th of April, according to our calendar, is indeed the birthday of our Savior. The last being President Hinckley during a General Conference!"

Using D&C 20 along with 3rd Nephi 8 we can figure the date of his death. Saving everybody some very interesting study time, it was Friday April 1st 33 AD, a Friday which was the first day, Saturday in the tomb the second day, the "third day" being Sunday April 3rd. April 1st of course was the date of the conflagration mentioned in 3rd Nephi.

The Nephite year was 365 days long, our year is 365.2422 days long, the difference has to be figured in. And, indeed,our current calendar has no year zero. So, according to our calendar Christ was born April 6th 1 BC.

Interestingly, 33 AD was the year Isaac Newton come up with without the benefit of the Book of Mormon and the D&C!

Bob

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

skylight wrote:Interestingly, our calendars proprotedly skip the year "0" the year Christ was born. If you look at 2031 april 6 IS on a Sunday.....
Good point!

In the book Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage pegs His birth date as April 6th in the year 1 A.D.

Seems a one year glitch in 2030-200=1830 & 2030-20=2010 pattern.

Anyone, What day did He begin His ministry in the meridian of time?

'