0030, 1830, 2030?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Re: 0030, 1830, 2030?

Post by AlbertaBronco »

So much speculation. We need to understand that the second coming will happen when the Lord wants it to happen. Can we not already see that it can't be predicted.

The main thing is to be prepared.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

skylight wrote:Interestingly, our calendars proprotedly skip the year "0" the year Christ was born. If you look at 2031 april 6 IS on a Sunday.....
Days countdown from Oct 17, 2015 to:
3,459 days until Sun., April 6 2025...around 83,016 hrs.
5,650 days until Sun., April 6 2031...around 135,600 hrs.
7,477 days until Sun., April 6 2036...around 179,448 hrs.
9,668 days until Sun., April 6 2042...around 232,032 hrs.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I wouldn't worry about a date concerning the Second Coming.

What I would be interested in is the date of Adam-ondi-Ahman. Once the foundation for the City of Zion is established, and Adam and other heavenly beings have appeared, we are pretty much "home free" so-to-speak.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
skylight wrote:Interestingly, our calendars proprotedly skip the year "0" the year Christ was born. If you look at 2031 april 6 IS on a Sunday.....
Good point!

In the book Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage pegs His birth date as April 6th in the year 1 A.D.

Seems a one year glitch in 2030-200=1830 & 2030-20=2010 pattern.

Anyone, What day did He begin His ministry in the meridian of time?

'
At age 30. I don't think a date can be calculated, only speculated. We would have to know the date when Adam was kicked out of the garden. This is when the 4000 years began. From this we figure 4000 years to Christ and another 4000 to the end of the world, putting Christ in the middle.

For this very reason we are not told when Christ will return, only to watch the signs predicted that gives us clues that his return is close at hand. Christ will come tomorrow, a future time.

However, here is something that may help if someone wants to play with numbers. It may have no bearing at all. Who knows?

3 Nephi 2:6-8,10
6 And six hundred and nine years had passed away since Lehi left Jerusalem. How many years prior to Lehi's departing Jerusalem?

7 And nine years had passed away from the time when the sign was given, which was spoken of by the prophets, that Christ should come into the world.

8 Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away. How many years between Adam leaving the garden until the sign given of Christ's birth?

10 And it came to pass that the people did still remain in wickedness, notwithstanding the much preaching and prophesying which was sent among them; and thus passed away the tenth year also; and the eleventh year also passed away in iniquity. Mere references to passing of years from Christ's birth.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

davedan wrote:I wouldn't worry about a date concerning the Second Coming.

What I would be interested in is the date of Adam-ondi-Ahman. Once the foundation for the City of Zion is established, and Adam and other heavenly beings have appeared, we are pretty much "home free" so-to-speak.
We shouldn't be able to miss the beginning markers for the land used for Zion because the city will be close to 1380 miles one side, squared. 1380 miles X 1380 X 1380 X 1380. Then 1380 miles in height. That's 1,904,400 square miles at ground level.

See:
Revelation 21:16
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

16 b furlongs
GR stadia. A stadium was about 607 English feet, or 185.2 meters. 12000 X 607 = 1379.55 miles on one side.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

I always personally thought the 2030's made the most sense but anything is possible. Our record keeping for the last 2000 years is very accurate thanks to the roman's. (+ or - a year or so, nothing substantial). I think it will occur before the 22nd century.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The book cited in the thread by Col. Flagg states there will be 7 years of prosperity followed by 7 years of tribulation leading up to 2030 based on a two thousand year interpretation of several scriptures.

Second Coming in 2030?
viewtopic.php?t=38408

Birth in 1 A.D. then Ministry begins at age 30 would be 31 A.D. adding 2000 years equals 2031. Subtracting 14 years places the advent of the seven years of prosperity in 2017.

2017 is consistent with when the policies of a new presidential administration will go into effect. Identifying exactly when the seven years of prosperity begins will be interesting to watch for and a key confirmation of said timeline.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Good point!

In the book Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage pegs His birth date as April 6th in the year 1 A.D.

'
The Book of Mormon was on a lunar calendar; there are some interesting differences in when things happen calendar wise than the Julian calendar we use. Most scholars (even LDS) know that due to many, many problems in the MIddle Ages, calendaring is far from accurate, and the Christ was probably born in 4-6 AD (most agree it was in the spring, probably early to mid April based on astronomical events, etc.)

As far as the "rising generation" quote, I have come to understand a "generation" to mean the people of a dispensation. We are of the generation of the fullness of time, whether born in 1830 or 1980 or 2015, and if that is true, then it could be many, many years before the coming. We are blessed to have prophets and apostles; if we heed them, we will be prepared when the tribulations that come beforehand arrive, and we will not be surprised at His coming, no matter what time of year or what year it happens.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Desert Roses wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Good point!

'
The Book of Mormon was on a lunar calendar; there are some interesting differences in when things happen calendar wise than the Julian calendar we use. Most scholars (even LDS) know that due to many, many problems in the MIddle Ages, calendaring is far from accurate, and the Christ was probably born in 4-6 AD (most agree it was in the spring, probably early to mid April based on astronomical events, etc.)

As far as the "rising generation" quote, I have come to understand a "generation" to mean the people of a dispensation. We are of the generation of the fullness of time, whether born in 1830 or 1980 or 2015, and if that is true, then it could be many, many years before the coming. We are blessed to have prophets and apostles; if we heed them, we will be prepared when the tribulations that come beforehand arrive, and we will not be surprised at His coming, no matter what time of year or what year it happens.
However, if Christ had been born six years later than thought, wouldn't that event still be 1AD

And if we were going to speculate and go with dispensations alone, couldn't we assume that 1830 began a 200 year dispensation ending in 2030?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I think there is one sure way to determine when the second coming will definitely not occur. No one knows the hour and he will come like a thief in the night. In other words, all predictions are guesses and they are all wrong (no one expects a thief).

I now know it won't be 2030.
Thank you. ;)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:I think there is one sure way to determine when the second coming will definitely not occur. No one knows the hour and he will come like a thief in the night. In other words, all predictions are guesses and they are all wrong (no one expects a thief).

Thank you. ;)
No shred of evidence of it happening any time prior either. ~X(

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I think there is one sure way to determine when the second coming will definitely not occur. No one knows the hour and he will come like a thief in the night. In other words, all predictions are guesses and they are all wrong (no one expects a thief).

Thank you. ;)
No shred of evidence of it happening any time prior either. ~X(
Phew, that's a relief!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thank you. ;)
Agreed, 2031 is a better fit per our discussion. No day or or hour is cited, rather the week in which Spring General Conference occurs 3/31 - 4/7, not necessarily the two days of each conference. This election marks a crucial milestone as it the new presidents policies that may bring about said change.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

My vote goes for 2 witnesses for 1260 days starting April 6 2030. They were 12 years old in 1978ish per my readings on this site. So that would make them 64ish. ;)

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Thank you. ;)
I do recall a GA teaching that although no one knows the hour and that he will come like a thief in the night that the righteous / those who watch for his coming won't really be surprised. There are, after all, several biblical prophesies which all but lay out the time of his return when timed with certain signs.

His thief in the night will seem such to the wicked and those who don't look for his coming, but not to the righteous who fear him and watch for the signs thus given.

That being said, from where we are now, there is no way to extrapolate...we're not seeing signs that are associated with well-defined accompanying subsequent "days" or "weeks".

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Very interesting, although the exact day or hour cannot be known. "NO MAN KNOWS" is the language I recall as precedes such declaration. While that may not preclude man from ever knowing; never does modern man live in the same day or hour. Much of your Monday is my Tuesday, as anyone who has lived across the dateline will understand.

Even the mainland US spreads across 3 time zones, therefore the shortest common time frame that everyone in the world shares is called a week. To say something will begin the first week of April is an accurate way to indicate the beginning of a new fiscal quarter for people located anywhere in the world.

May this latest entry aid understanding of

"7 years of prosperity begins the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation."

7 years being the time for the effection of one president until the selection of another.

Effection being understood as the effect caused by implementing the policies of the new president.

Selection being understood as the choosing of the political nominees, onward.

The 7 years of most interest begins the first week of April 2017 which is also the first week of a new fiscal quarter, such that when viewed on a quarterly basis the change to a period of relative prosperity will be readily apparent.

The end of this 7 year period will be during the contentious selection process the first week of April 2024, IAW the Mosiah-Hancock prophecy. This will mark the beginning of 7 years of devastation, ending the first week of April 2031.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

natasha wrote:
jwharton wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Does anyone factor in that the span of time after Christ's reign is termed as " little season"? Therefore, the coming of Christ may not held to any one year, rather, when God, The Father, tells Him to come. Only He, The Father, knows the day and time, correct?
It is correct that the Father is who knows when the coming of the Son of Man is to be and who the Son of Man actually is.
It is also correct that the Son of Man shall be the one who knows who the Father is, and then whoever to whom the Son reveals Him.
Thus, the only path for mankind to know the Father is to have it revealed to them by the Son.
It's a bit of a connundrum, but then again, most things spiritual and eternal are such.

See Luke 10:22.
I have pondered this a bit. I know the scriptures so that "no MAN knoweth the time......" but if the Savior has been exalted and now has all that the Father has (knowledge included)...do you think He might know?
I was just wondering this myself! He used present tense assuming original meaning is intact. Were it to be always so until the very hour occurrs then He may have said something like "No man will ever know hour until it is upon you" rather than "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

My own theory actually is the same as Mr. Cleon Skousen's theory by accident. I was looking into Revelations and the seals and the date of Christ's birth etc, and I noticed that the heavens would be silent for the space of half an hour immediately after the 7th seal is opened. 1/3 of our waters have already been poisoned by Fukishima...
Doing the math, if God's day is ~1000 years, then we can assume that 30 minutes of proportional time would be 20.833333- years. If the seventh seal, and there is much proof to this, was indeed opened in the year 2000, then the coming of Jesus Christ would be on or immediately after Oct 30, 2020 (leap year).
Why do I assume that the 7th seal was in the year 2000? God told JS to found the Church on April 6, 1830, because it was exactly 1830 years since the birth of Christ. This gives us an accurate pinpoint of where we are on the time line. Christ is born in the meridian of time. Meridian means middle. In the Jewish calendar, the one in the Olt Testaments, half's are rounded up. I'm skimming the details, but essentially, the meridian would be rounded to Earth Year 4000. 3000 left to go in Earth's time. "D&C 77:7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh." It is now 2017, and our half hour is almost up. God will prepare the Earth for the millennium in the opening of the 7th seal.
I'm not sure where I got this next part, so this part is kind of iffy, but...
Assuming that the 7 years of plenty have already happened and are now being directly followed by the seven years of famine, with an exponential growth of poverty in the middle of the seven years, the cleansing of the world, or as many refer to the Tribulation, would have to begin BEFORE may 2017. If it does not I will eat my hat and stop trying to predict things. However, this theory is mostly historical and scriptural so I think it will hold up well. The fact that I came up with this before even finding out anybody else had, and it is the exact same, either means that Revelations is an inaccurate account, or it is right.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Pres Hinckley gave the talk to get our houses in order in 1998, and the economy as a whole did well 2001-2007, then crashed in 2008. 7 years of "famine" would have come to a conclusion in 2015, so we're not in that time period now. If anything, we seem to be somewhat in limbo for the time being, but shifting more towards further strife.
One could argue we are seeing the first signs of various components of tribulation with the division of people, the rise of nationalism in Europe, and the movement of more and more countries beefing up their armed forces. It's possible we could remain in this state for years.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

There is a scan of the chart from 2030 book, where the timeline likely is shifted 1 year.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51962&p=1110217&hi ... h#p1110217 extends to 2038, with said 1 year shift and understanding that the seventh seal opened in 2010.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

oh yea yea - McKonkie probably a nice man got a lot of things wrong. He was too studied. JS is talking about people who were translated when he was prophet.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

SkyBird wrote: January 26th, 2014, 2:22 pm
abelchirino wrote:Its an interesting thought. My brother had felt for many years that the second coming would happen 30 yrs from then. That was around the year 2000. Now my neither isn't a prophet so his feeling doesn't mean much to others but i don't see why it can't happen then. His felling stems from something his patriarchal blessing says. Now unfortunately it is a little hard to guess because the day the Lord saves the Jews isn't the same day as the second coming and it doesn't say how much time there is between one and the other. But it is an interesting thought though.
Doesn't it seem somewhat logical that the SC could be on the anniversary of Christ's birthday... wasn't his resurrection on this anniversary? If so why not the SC... April 6th, on a Sunday? What year would that put it?
April 6 is on Shabbat (Sabbath) in 2024 and 2030 and on Sunday in 2025 and 2031.
Last edited by 4Joshua8 on February 21st, 2021, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

abelchirino wrote: January 26th, 2014, 1:55 pm Its an interesting thought. My brother had felt for many years that the second coming would happen 30 yrs from then. That was around the year 2000. Now my neither isn't a prophet so his feeling doesn't mean much to others but i don't see why it can't happen then. His felling stems from something his patriarchal blessing says. Now unfortunately it is a little hard to guess because the day the Lord saves the Jews isn't the same day as the second coming and it doesn't say how much time there is between one and the other. But it is an interesting thought though.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51962&p=1110467&hi ... h#p1110467 is likely the best public update where a months worth of years began in 2010. In 1986 my good friend at the time told me about his family member having language in his Patriarchal Blessing about him being a personal assistant to the savior. Later I’ve read such language hasn’t panned out before, but many misconceptions are possible.

This thread was well before the 2017 eclipse that coincided with TSMs last birthday. The two quarters needed to establish prosperity, brought the 6.5 year interval between 2017 and 2024 eclipses to precisely seven. It began as hypothesized, but may have been derailed by Covid, although were still experiencing relative prosperity by going ever further into debt. Perhaps a 28 year framework began in 2010, which matched my mysterious conclusion in my little book about an angel of light photograph. Angels announce the opening of seals, so maybe now things begin to make sense.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Rosh haShanah stands alone during Tishri, as well as the rest of the year, as being the only festival of which no man knew the day or the hour. It could only be determined by the decree from the court declaring the the New Moon had been spotted. The Sanhedrin, the highest court of Israel, received its authority as a mandate of G-d:

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

EvanLM wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:06 pm McKonkie probably a nice man got a lot of things wrong.
Understatement of the century