The Hastening

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LDS_Southerner
Hi, I'm new.

The Hastening

Post by LDS_Southerner »

I found this forum by looking for quotes from the Apostles and General Authorities about the hastening in missionary work that is happening right now. I certainly enjoyed people's perspective about the coming days and the sign of the times but I am sure like many of you look to the Prophet and Apostles for verification to fulfillment of prophecies and signs of the times.

For me, as taught to us by the Apostles, D&C 88:73 is being fulfilled right now. This has been endeavor to find out what that really means to us as Church members. Below is one nugget, I found that validates what much we are suspecting is about to occur. I have many other things I will share in additional posts about all the General Authorities are teaching members and missionaries in the past year.

February 19,2013 Written by Elder Boston Watts serving in Mexico.

Something that I’'ve been thinking a lot about lately is something that Elder Johnson (first quorum of the Seventy) said in our mission conference. He said, "If you don'’t pray every morning and every night and read daily from the Book of Mormon, Satan will have absolute power over you". He was emphatic. He said it in such a way that I have not been able to forget, and I don'’t think I ever will. He also explained that in the past, people have been able to "get by" or "stay afloat" without doing those things, but that now it is not enough. The standard of the Lord has been raised for the members of his church. From now on, we CAN NOT say or believe or hope or testify that the spirit will guide, protect, direct, and influence us if we are not praying more than twice a day and reading from the Book of Mormon. The spirit simply won’t be there. Just like the standard for new converts has been raised, the Holy Ghost has also raised his standard about who he will decide to visit and be with.

He also mentioned that very very soon, the Lord will hasten his work as we have never before seen or imagined possible, but that Satan is neither blind or deaf to what the Lord is up to and will not let him have an easy win. Elder Johnson said that the world is about to get much much worse and even more perverted and ugly. Here is a direct quote, "Things that you and I have never seen or imagined, for bad and for good, are about to occur. You must be ready". I get chills just remembering the look he had in his eyes and the tone of his voice. We have tried to mimic and echo what he said to every member of our ward.

http://www.missionsite.net/elderbostonw ... ter/188807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

believer
captain of 1,000

Re: The Hastening

Post by believer »

Thank you for posting this. There are so many terrible things in the news that it is unbelievable. It seems like there is a lot of evil just in the air. It seems like the government is falling apart. Sometimes I wonder how it can still be held together. There are so many bad things happening in the country with the government. But there are so many evil things happening with the people too.

My personal opinion is that things will keep getting worse and worse, but things will hold together as long as the missionaries are being sent out. There has to be some semblance of order for them to go. And it costs money to send them. So it will have to hold together until they are called home.

Brigham Young said:

"If we live, we shall see the nations of the earth arrayed against this people; for that time must come in fulfillment of prophecy.

"All we have yet heard and we have experienced is scarcely a preface to the sermon that is going to be preached. When the testimony of the Elders ceases to be given, and the Lord says to them, 'Come home; I will now preach my own sermons to the nations of the earth,' all you now know can scarcely be called a preface to the sermon that will be preached with fire and sword, tempests, earthquakes, hail, rain, thunders and lightnings, and fearful destruction....You will hear of magnifecent cities, now idolized by the people, sinking in the earth, entombing the inhabitants. The sea will heave itself beyond its bounds, engulfing mighty cities."
and he goes on.
(Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 111.)

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

I just saw this post. Thanks. Excellent post. Not sure why it didn't get any response for 6 days. Thanks for sharing that letter. I know I need to be doing a better/more consistent job in those areas. "the spirit is willing but the flesh keeps forgetting" (isn't that how that scripture goes??)

yes true scary stuff is happening and coming. but so is true awesome stuff.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

LDSguy---Yes, there is also some awesome stuff coming as well.

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

No doubt after last General Conference the “Hastening” has started.
I have recently done a lot of research into various prophecies and visions, scriptures etc about the last days and end of times. After much sole searching I have changed my opinion on what will be the great sign of the beginning of the end. I always thought that it will be when the church withdraws the missionaries (3rd Nephi) due to political instability and persecution. I one looks at the Jaradites, Nephites, Lehi, Jeremiah etc it has always been after the prophets were stoned and killed that the people were fully ripe then a speedy end.

I don’t think that is the case for the last days. The key is given in “The family a proclamation to the world”. “Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets”. In my foolishness this is what the Spirit has shown me and told me not to worry about other things and I need to my house in order. It has no relevance to anybody else so don’t get excited, I don’t need any further revelation or prophecies in the matter.

In the latest General Conference there was statistics given of family breakdowns, same gender relationships - the statistics are frightening, for example recently 5,000 children between 9-12years old in Australia were tested positive for sexually transmitted diseases. Issues relating to family and procreation is the most abominable sin - stoning prophets is nothing in comparison. The world is already fully ripe in inequity!!

Again my speculation and conjecture!!
Very soon 1.world financial collapse, then 2. US civil war 3. Russia and China nuke America and attempt an invasion. Get yourself spiritually ready and your food storage. The Second Coming will only be 10-20years after these things happen.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

LDS_southerner, thank you so much for that post. (There are many on this forum who naysay the current Prophet and Apostles, so be prepared.) For the past few months, I've had a feeling that we are in for some tremendous changes. I'm with Believer, in that I think things will hold together long enough for the missionaries to do some final gathering in before everything falls apart. I have long been actively engaged in my preparations...food storage plus spiritual...and I'm grateful I've been prompted to prepare, yet I have a long way to go yet. Again, thank you and please share more with us.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

If we hold the George Albert Smith prophecy to be fairly accurate (and most of what was recorded seems to be so these days) then we can expect to either a) see a Russian attack at the end of Obama's term (2016) - taking the term "of greek extraction" (note the little G) to mean what was clarified years later - that the POTUS's heritage would not be like all of preceeding presidents. So IF that is true, then we've got what, just over 3 years for a massive hastening, and the ultimate preparation?

Kent
captain of 100

Post by Kent »

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2009/05/be-of-good-cheer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

Yeah I am partial to the George Albert Smith prophecy (± 3y), current world events seem to be merging towards that end, the spirit seems to be warning the people - look at the great explosion in doomsday preppers (+3million and counting).

The “hastening” has started but it is not an excuse to hold back in preparation thinking we have many years to go!! The thought once came to me that what if God wanted missionaries in all the countries to continue preaching and the gathering - so the world falls apart and the missionaries are left where they are to continue the work till the end???.
Now I don’t think for one minute that is going to be the case, the point I am making is; now is time to prepare and not procrastinate thinking we still have time - we don’t know the mind and will of God.

Yes we need to be of good cheer and be happy through any adversity:
but also need to prepare D&C 38:30 “but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear”..
The great section on the end of days Section 45 is a bit more forcefully. v.44 “and he that watches not for me shall be cut off”.

Kathyn, thanks for your response - I tend to be a bit obtuse so I usually avoid theses kind of forums. : Those that ‘naysay’ the prophets are sign seekers and want everything spelled out - that is not how the Lord works and there are no guarantees in life.
The church handbook states we need min 3 moth preferably 1year storage (or more), and get out of debt etc. The scriptures also say the members will be sifted in the last days - so those that don’t prepare should be prepared to be sifted!
Last edited by Hippophibia on November 2nd, 2013, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Elder Holland when he was with Elders Nelson and Johnson (the same Johnson referenced in the OP) at the Benemerito complex in DF said that the closing of benemérito and the opening of the mtc was a fulfillment of the hastening. I have the quote on my blog...

singyourwayhome
captain of 1,000

Post by singyourwayhome »

Definitely hastening. My currently-a-missionary son said that his mission president told them that the Hastening the Work of Salvation broadcast will go down in church history as on par with the First Vision.

In the Smith and Sjodahl D&C Commentary, they have this to say about D&C 84:97:
(And plagues shall go forth, and they shall not be taken from the earth until I have completed my work, which shall be cut short in righteousness—): the commentary reads, (emphasis in bold mine)
"My work ... cut short] Several circumstances helped to shorten the duration of the siege of Jerusalem by Titus, as promised by the Lord (Matt. 24:22). …Similarly, during the time of trouble that is to precede the Millennium, circumstances will occur to shorten that period for the sake of the elect. The time of trouble will not be prolonged beyond the time necessary for the redemption of the human race from the power of evil, through repentance.
"When the Lord cuts short his work in righteousness it has a far more significant meaning than bringing his purposes to pass by calamity and punishment. He will cut short the time of preaching the gospel, and "will hasten my (his) work in its time." (Sec. 88:73) We can see how this will be accomplished. The missionaries who are sent forth are not going forth in sufficient numbers to contact all the peoples of the earth, but the Lord will use other agencies in order to get his message before the people- the press, radio, television, and other wonderful ways to get the message before the world where the elders will not be able to go. All of this will help to hasten His work to its end."
I compiled a few pages' worth of things that have been said about this "hastening", from Joseph Smith through things earlier this year. Seems like there's a way to attach a file, but I'm not seeing it here. Maybe I'll just stick it in a later post. It's 4 pages long.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

singyourwayhome--I certainly would be interested in reading what you have collected. Thanks.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Unfortunately, many members will rejoice that our prophets have been killed because they believe the Lord has removed them because they had fallen apostate.

PunaGabe
captain of 100

Post by PunaGabe »

LDS_Southerner wrote:I found this forum by looking for quotes from the Apostles and General Authorities about the hastening in missionary work that is happening right now. I certainly enjoyed people's perspective about the coming days and the sign of the times but I am sure like many of you look to the Prophet and Apostles for verification to fulfillment of prophecies and signs of the times.

For me, as taught to us by the Apostles, D&C 88:73 is being fulfilled right now. This has been endeavor to find out what that really means to us as Church members. Below is one nugget, I found that validates what much we are suspecting is about to occur. I have many other things I will share in additional posts about all the General Authorities are teaching members and missionaries in the past year.

February 19,2013 Written by Elder Boston Watts serving in Mexico.

Something that I’'ve been thinking a lot about lately is something that Elder Johnson (first quorum of the Seventy) said in our mission conference. He said, "If you don'’t pray every morning and every night and read daily from the Book of Mormon, Satan will have absolute power over you". He was emphatic. He said it in such a way that I have not been able to forget, and I don'’t think I ever will. He also explained that in the past, people have been able to "get by" or "stay afloat" without doing those things, but that now it is not enough. The standard of the Lord has been raised for the members of his church. From now on, we CAN NOT say or believe or hope or testify that the spirit will guide, protect, direct, and influence us if we are not praying more than twice a day and reading from the Book of Mormon. The spirit simply won’t be there. Just like the standard for new converts has been raised, the Holy Ghost has also raised his standard about who he will decide to visit and be with.

He also mentioned that very very soon, the Lord will hasten his work as we have never before seen or imagined possible, but that Satan is neither blind or deaf to what the Lord is up to and will not let him have an easy win. Elder Johnson said that the world is about to get much much worse and even more perverted and ugly. Here is a direct quote, "Things that you and I have never seen or imagined, for bad and for good, are about to occur. You must be ready". I get chills just remembering the look he had in his eyes and the tone of his voice. We have tried to mimic and echo what he said to every member of our ward.

http://www.missionsite.net/elderbostonw ... ter/188807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you so much for this post. I shared it in PEC meeting as well as in the General body of the Priesthood.It makes so much since that the work is hastening for one last ditch effort to bring more unto Christ before the cleansing. Aloha!

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

My feeling has been that the "hastening" also means a shortening of the time left to preach the gospel; it really is momentous.

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

kathyn wrote:My feeling has been that the "hastening" also means a shortening of the time left to preach the gospel; it really is momentous.
You might be right - news bulletin I got today. Dr. R. Albert Mohler, the president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, said he believes Mormons and Baptists "may go to jail together."

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org.au/articl ... threatened

The hastening as number of missionaries in the field ends May -July next year??

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

Following the broadcast, I decided to go to the scriptures and look up the doctrinal foundation for this "hastening." I knew in general what it meant but wanted to go to the source. What I found to be interesting is that in almost every instance the Lord was counseling his people to NOT be in haste and there was an overiding theme of the need to prepare and move forward steadily but not quickly.

But it is in Section 88 that we find the Lord speaking of Hastening the work in context. Most of these verses the Lord is instructing the Church to tarry and to prepare themselves, and to sanctify themselves all in preparation for what is coming. Of course the Church was still doing missionary work and spreading abroad, but the theme of preparation for the future is very clear.

63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;

65 And if ye ask anything that is not expedient for you, it shall turn unto your condemnation.

66 Behold, that which you hear is as the voice of one crying in the wilderness—in the wilderness, because you cannot see him—my voice, because my voice is Spirit; my Spirit is truth; truth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound.

67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.

68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

69 Remember the great and last promise which I have made unto you; cast away your idle thoughts and your excess of laughter far from you.

70 Tarry ye, tarry ye in this place, and call a solemn assembly, even of those who are the first laborers in this last kingdom.
Notice the phrase "first laborers" used here and in the next few verses.
71 And let those whom they have warned in their traveling call on the Lord, and ponder the warning in their hearts which they have received, for a little season.

72 Behold, and lo, I will take care of your flocks, and will raise up elders and send unto them.

73 Behold, I will hasten my work in its time.

74 And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;

75 That I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation; that I may fulfil this promise, this great and last promise, which I have made unto you, when I will.
Just as King Benjamin mentions at the beginning of his great discourse, we become clean from the blood and sins of our generation by preaching the gospel. Once people hear the gospel they become responsible for their blood and sins, not us. The first laborers have this duty to fulfill in their time.
76 Also, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth.

77 And I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom.

78 Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;

79 Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—

80 That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you.
Here we have the first intimation of what all this preparation is for, being sent again.
81 Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor.
The Lord makes it very clear that he is speaking to us all, not just the full time missionaries.
82 Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their bown heads.

83 He that seeketh me early shall find me, and shall not be forsaken.

84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come;
The Lord speaks again about the preparation for going forth among the Gentiles for the "last time," as opposed to the first laborers.
85 That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the desolation of abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the world to come. Verily, I say unto you, let those who are not the first elders continue in the vineyard until the mouth of the Lord shall call them, for their time is not yet come; their garments are not clean from the blood of this generation.
Now the Lord is speaking directly to us, those who are "not the first elders." Notice he makes it very clear that we are not clean from the blood of this generation, yet.
86 Abide ye in the liberty wherewith ye are made free; entangle not yourselves in sin, but let your hands be clean, until the Lord comes.

87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.

88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
Here the Lord transitions to the time when the elders are called home and He preaches his own sermon.
89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of aearthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.

90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.

91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

There is much more that can be gained by searching this section.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Hippophibia wrote:
kathyn wrote:The hastening as number of missionaries in the field ends May -July next year??
Don't ever put an exact date on an event... it will NOT happen then, if you do. :D

LDS_Southerner
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LDS_Southerner »

So here is more information about the hastening from a missionary in a mission that received the iPad's first. Recorded on August 26,2013

So HUGE changes in missionary work! huge! So on Thursday when the missionary department came and gave us our ipads they showed us two scriptures three scriptures that blew me away. The first is Matthew 24:14 it says this,

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Do you remember what happened on June 23rd? That was the big missionary meeting. Do you remember what happened in that meeting? What happened that was different? What changed? anything? we learned about Members working with missionaries, the responsibility of members and ward mission leaders and bishops, which is what we have been trying to do for a long time right? But is that all it was? Well no. There had to be something more than that to make it historical. We received a letter that said it was going to be a huge deal...so what happened that made it historical?? Well this is what bro Donaldson from the missionary department said. He said that that day marked the Beginning of the end, just like the scripture says. Because that meeting was when the whole world was opened for missionary work!! Then the end will come...I hope that made your stomach drop because mine did!! Now here is another scripture. DC 88:73 says

Behold, I will hasten my work in its time

This scripture is fulfilled. it is no longer I WILL hasten it is now currently I AM HASTENING MY WORK RIGHT NOW.

With the age lowered the scene was set and with these ipads and the thousands of missionaries teaching everyone everywhere online, the work has hastened. With theses ipads the work is hastened. The hastening is literally here it is currently happening we are apart of prophecies being fulfilled!

Another scripture, Mosiah 16:1 says

And now, it came to pass that after Abinadi had spoken these words he stretched forth his hand and said: The time shall come when all shall see the salvation of the Lord; when every nation, kindred, tongue, and people shall see eye to eye and shall confess before God that his judgments are just.

What is the significance of that verse? Every nation shall SEE EYE TO EYE. How can us here in Cali and people in Europe see eye to eye?? i will tell you. SKYPE is how we will see eye to eye. As we were getting our ipads on Thursday the leaders who had their ipads already within the first hour had taught four lessons via chat. That is usually how much we teach in one day, on a good day! Accomplished in an hour. but they were not only teaching people in their area they were teaching people in Europe, Astonia, Russia. One of our zone leaders taught a girl in Russia via skype last week. They saw EYE TO EYE.

Are you catching the vision??

Something else the missionary department told us is that they have found that most people are online from like nine pm to 12 pm. So how will we teach those people if we are asleep? well bro Donaldson said this. " We will have to get the help of the missionaries on the other side of the world, Missionaries in japan and Europe will have to teach our people and help us out here while we sleep and then in return we will help out with their people over there while they sleep." in fact during that meeting he got a call from a mission president in japan about that exact topic. IT IS NUTS!!!!!

Missionary work has dramatically changed AGAIN. Which is another testimony to me that this truly is a LIVING BREATHING CHURCH!!! I had a funny experience last week. While we were studying, we heard a knock on the door. It was two old ladies giving out pamphlets for the Jehovah Witness. They asked if we wanted a pamphlet from the watch tower and i said yes and offered them a pamphlet, they said no ha ha but I thought it was funny because they are still doing the exact same thing that they have always done. I haven't tracted in months because that is an ineffective finding activity and we have been taught that there are much better ways to find. And it has worked. We are finding many people to teach that are not just quantity but quality. And other churches are still doing the same old thing because they are not guided by revelation! How many times has our missionary program changed!! so many times!! Since i have been on m y mission there have been six or seven big meetings where we have learned new things to do and implement to increase our effectiveness and teaching ability. I know with out a doubt this church is truly guided by Our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ through our living prophet.

This is the way the Lord wants it to go! And bro Donaldson specifically told us to embrace this change whole-heartedly because he knew at first it would be weird to have this much freedom, to be able to talk to our family and eventually teach with them. But truly we are all apart of the work of salvation and who better to teach our friends then well..us!! We don't need to worry about trusting our friends with good missionaries because we can teach them ourselves!!

I am so humbled to be apart of this. It is just amazing...like Alma, I cannot say even the smallest part of what I feel. The work is truly hastening. gone our the days of the standard being twenty lessons a week. With the help of online work we could be teaching 80 lessons a week. Some Elders already are from what I have heard. Just in these past few days i have gotten over 20 online referrals and that is nothing compared to some other Elders. This week some Elder got over 50 referrals mostly for people in different countries. It is crazy. The work is here and I am no longer called to serve in Santa Rosa but the entire world is open to me.

http://www.eldernelson.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LDS_Southerner
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LDS_Southerner »

In a ward council training for the stakes in the Raleigh NC mission two weeks ago, Elder Zwick mentioned to us that the surge will bring the missionary force up to 91,000 before it tapers down to 84,000 for a few years before going to 100,000 within the next 7-10 years.

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

Thanks for sharing LDS_Southerner!

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

LDS_Southerner wrote:In a ward council training for the stakes in the Raleigh NC mission two weeks ago, Elder Zwick mentioned to us that the surge will bring the missionary force up to 91,000 before it tapers down to 84,000 for a few years before going to 100,000 within the next 7-10 years.
So Elder Zwick (probably getting his numbers from higher ups) is saying that the "end" of missionary work (before the Lord calls His Elders home) won't come for at least 10 years?

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

LDSguy wrote:
LDS_Southerner wrote:In a ward council training for the stakes in the Raleigh NC mission two weeks ago, Elder Zwick mentioned to us that the surge will bring the missionary force up to 91,000 before it tapers down to 84,000 for a few years before going to 100,000 within the next 7-10 years.
So Elder Zwick (probably getting his numbers from higher ups) is saying that the "end" of missionary work (before the Lord calls His Elders home) won't come for at least 10 years?
Prepare for the Second Coming as if it were tomorrow but plan as if it were still a long way off.

I would bring up two points concerning this question:

1. We need to remember that leading up to the "end" a lot will happen, but it is all geared towards one thing: preparing the earth and its inhabitants for the coming of the Lord. This means everyone will have to first choose a side and then those who choose evil will either get killed off in the wars, plagues, etc, or at the Lord's coming. But they MUST first have the choice. (Not necessarily be baptized, but choose a Christlike life.) And the destructions and adversities that takes place are for that intended purpose. So even after things really start to go downhill, there is still much in the way of missionary work that needs to be done as people start choosing sides.

2. Eventually there will be 144,000 missionaries as it were who go forth to teach the inhabitants of the earth.
D&C 77:11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel, twelve thousand out of every tribe?
A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.

Perhaps not the same kind of missionaries we send out now, but who knows.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

laronius wrote:2. Eventually there will be 144,000 missionaries as it were who go forth to teach the inhabitants of the earth.
D&C 77:11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel, twelve thousand out of every tribe?
A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.

Perhaps not the same kind of missionaries we send out now, but who knows.
Yes they won't be the same type of missionaries, at least not the same ordination (elders vs. HPs).

I still think we have ~25 years bare minimum until the end of all things, but only a few more years until the eventual collapse within the USA and her economy.

LDS_Southerner
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LDS_Southerner »

Here is a post from Sept 2013.

A General Authority mentioned to the missionaries in a Peruvian mission the following from a conversation he had with Elder Quentin Cook.

"But he said that a few weeks ago when he was with Elder Cook, Elder Cook told him something that really surprised him. This is what he said (Not word for word but basically):

This is the most important time in all of the History of the Church! Everything before has been leading up to this moment.

1.Worldwide Communication (Satellite, Radio, Internet, etc)
2.The Building of Temples Worldwide
3.Worldwide Recognition of the Church (Mitt Romney, The Book of Mormon Musical, etc)
4.New Youth Programs to Prepare the Youth for Missions
5.Age change for Missionaries
6.New Focus on Missionary work

He then said that Elder Cook Said: In the next few years the Church will become more powerful then it has EVER been, and that it will grow at an amazing pace!"

I am absolutely convinced that these men that we sustain as prophets, revelators, and seers have seen the future as they are standing upon the watchtowers of Zion. They have a special understanding of how God is about to redeem Zion but before then He wants to gather as many of His children into the Kingdom. All that Joseph Smith and those valiant Saints strived to do in the 1830s will now come to pass. I will share with you more quotes as I get time. This is awe inspiring to know that we live on earth at a time seen and foretold by every prophet that has ever lived on the earth. They all saw Zion established and the Second Coming of Christ.