The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
FTC
captain of 100

Re: The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Post by FTC »

Still Learning wrote:My only conclusion is that the Lord must have delayed His coming.
Jehovah's Witnesses have already been saying that for about 100 years now.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote:I know Kirtland's real name and it isn't Mills. If I had a phone number I would call him to ask what's up.

Returning to the GAS prophecy, today is the legal holiday for Christmas. If nothing happens today, next Saturday through Monday, or MLK weekend I am going to have three conclusions and not know which one is true. Either:
The prophecy was incorrectly remembered.
The prophecy was incorrectly interpreted.
The prophecy is not real.

I just wish I could know which one of these is the correct conclusion. I know several people here will immediately jump to the third, but they won't have any proof the other listed conclusions (or other possible conclusions) aren't correct.
They're all correct in that the prophecy is incorrect :-B

I suspect Horne heard GAS say something, but how can a pre-teen remember the specifics when he never wrote them down until decades later? That's been my big issue with the supposed prophecy all along. A persons recollection of a childhood conversation is going to be lacking.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

shadow wrote:I suspect Horne heard GAS say something, but how can a pre-teen remember the specifics when he never wrote them down until decades later? That's been my big issue with the supposed prophecy all along. A persons recollection of a childhood conversation is going to be lacking.
How can a preteen remember the specifics when he didn't write it down? Ask Mormon. When he was 10 he was told to remember something for about a decade and a half then act on it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
shadow wrote:I suspect Horne heard GAS say something, but how can a pre-teen remember the specifics when he never wrote them down until decades later? That's been my big issue with the supposed prophecy all along. A persons recollection of a childhood conversation is going to be lacking.
How can a preteen remember the specifics when he didn't write it down? Ask Mormon. When he was 10 he was told to remember something for about a decade and a half then act on it.
Just because the Book of Mormon doesn't specifically say that Mormon didn't write down the instructions given him to pick up the plates 14 years later doesn't mean he didn't. Perhaps he really didn't, but you can't prove that particular negative by the text alone. By your logic, Mormon didn't breathe any air either because there is no mention of it in his abridged record. Mormon might have had Ammaron's charge tattooed on his thigh for all we know.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

There are many prophecies out there about what is supposed to happen. From what I understand this is the only one that gives a specific timeline. If nothing happens by January 1st then it appears this is false. We all know something is going to happen. The only question is 'when'. Are there any other prophecies or revelations that offer a timeline like this one?

Still Learning
captain of 100

The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Post by Still Learning »

FTC wrote:
Still Learning wrote:My only conclusion is that the Lord must have delayed His coming.
Jehovah's Witnesses have already been saying that for about 100 years now.
I thought that the JW's preach that it already happened. I really have no idea but I thought one told me that once.

Sorry did Bro Horne not write down his account until years later or just not make it public?

The part about the holiday doesn't appear (to my knowledge) in his original text. So I was thinking we still have a good 3+ weeks to rule this completely dead.

I never gave Mrs Rowe or Hector or any other doomsday timeline predictions a second thought but I did GAS. In fact it just baffles me how people continue to listen to these people that have multiple failures as far as timing their earthquakes and financial collapses and second comings and so on. But the GAS seemed a little more legit in my mind I guess.

No doubt once the inauguration happens it is dead. None of this... Oh Obama is actually Northern European, or it's actually the next inauguration... Blah blah blah. If he (keyword) 'saw' Mr Obama I'm sure he didn't have a DNA snapshot and mark him of as European descent. He is truly different than the rest. And I'm not trying to grasp at straws and say we have 3 weeks but I just never saw the validity in the holiday part.

The sign of the blood moons seems no coincidence to me. I figure a marker in time of sorts. And the Jupiter Virgo constellation thing seems legit. What it brings or means I have no idea. I don't expect a big event but think it is another sign and marker of time.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I was thinking, had the attack occured on Christmas or New Years, GAS likely would have recognized what holiday it was.

However, if the attack happens on MLK day (Jan 16), GAS wouldn't have identified the holiday because MLK day has only been a holiday since 1983.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

davedan wrote:I was thinking, had the attack occured on Christmas or New Years, GAS likely would have recognized what holiday it was.

However, if the attack happens on MLK day (Jan 16), GAS wouldn't have identified the holiday because MLK day has only been a holiday since 1983.
That is something I didnt consider and it makes more sense than a Russian holiday.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Can every one step back and take a deep breath for a minute? Those of you have studied history know about the Cuban missile crisis. Are things now really more tense than then? No.

With all our satellite technology are we seeing any troop concentrations in Russia or China that make it appear an attack is imminent? Any military preps being undertaken by any country planning an attack on the US?

Where are our vaunted intelligence services (17 agencies in the feral gubmint alone) on tracking suspicious movement or communications?

Nothing, right?
Last edited by Silver on December 31st, 2016, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

After reading through the various GAS accounts, I had a thought.

Everyone assumes that when an attack is mentioned, that Russia will attack the USA.

What if it is the other way around?

What if when an attack is mentioned, that it is the USA and NATO that attacks Russia on a holiday?

I know that the European countries have been moving troops and weapons to the Russian border. Obama has gone completely off his rocker lately and appears to be going scorched earth, trying to cause as much damage as possible before he leaves. What if Obama has plans to initiate a surprise attack against Russia, dragging us into war?

I just thought of that after reading through some of the accounts. Does it really say that it is the USA that is attacked, or is that just everyone's assumption?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

SouEu wrote:After reading through the various GAS accounts, I had a thought.

Everyone assumes that when an attack is mentioned, that Russia will attack the USA.

What if it is the other way around?

What if when an attack is mentioned, that it is the USA and NATO that attacks Russia on a holiday?

I know that the European countries have been moving troops and weapons to the Russian border. Obama has gone completely off his rocker lately and appears to be going scorched earth, trying to cause as much damage as possible before he leaves. What if Obama has plans to initiate a surprise attack against Russia, dragging us into war?

I just thought of that after reading through some of the accounts. Does it really say that it is the USA that is attacked, or is that just everyone's assumption?
I have a son in the Marines. They aren't getting ready for anything immediate. I appreciate your concern, but you can stand down for now.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

stephenj wrote:There are many prophecies guesses, random prognostications, and theoretical dream wishes out there about what is supposed to happen.
Fixed it for you.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

Have you read the Bible or D&C? "Prophecies" is correct. Julie Rowe and her friends - guesses. There are prophecies about what is supposed to happen. As far as timeline - lots of guesses. Looks tome like David Horne is one of those making guesses. Even though I don't fully believe in this supposed GAS Vision I understand it may possibly be true. This thread is for those people that, whether they believe it or not, are interested in it. To visit this page simply trying to discount it and prove other people wrong is what I believe is called being "an internet troll" or keyboard warrior. This supposed prophecy may be false and it may be true. I want base everything off it either way

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Silver wrote:Can every one step back and take a deep breath for a minute? Those of you have studied history know about the Cuban missile crisis. Are things now really more tense than then? No.

With all our satellite technology are we seeing any troop concentrations in Russia or China that make it appear an attack is imminent? Any military preps being undertaken by any country planning an attack on the US?

Where are our vaunted intelligence services (17 agencies in the feral gubmint alone) on tracking suspicious movement or communications?

Nothing, right?
Media says the war rhetoric between Russia and US is worse than the cold war.

http://eng.globalaffairs.ru/number/Wors ... -War-18069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://newrepublic.com/article/117132/ ... rger-issue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://rbth.com/international/2014/06/3 ... 37819.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/citizenact ... ent=safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ent=safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also consider that Russia blames everything ISIS does on the US (right or wrong) and we are currently blowing each others commercial airplanes out of the sky. Russia will never admit that the latest airplane loss was terrorism because it was a military plane and that would look bad for their military. But if it was terrorism, they will blame the US and seek revenge.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

stephenj wrote:Have you read the Bible or D&C? "Prophecies" is correct.
Apologies for not making it more clear. My previous comment does not, in any way, include the canon of scriptures. Beyond that, unless a prophet reveals a scripture from God to us, I do not believe anyone ever in my lifetime has any legitimate prophecies to reveal. I believe there are some who are liars, some who are mistaken, some who are mentally unbalanced, but otherwise I do not believe anyone has any legitimate prophecy to be revealed to us.

That's not to say I don't believe God doesn't reveal things to people. In fact, I do believe He may reveal things to individuals for their own edification or to someone with stewardship over others (a father or mother, for example) according to His wisdom. Once a person shares a "prophecy" to the public, though, I doubt them. Any time a person other than God's ordained prophet(s) shares what they believe to be a prophecy, I believe the person is mistaken or dishonest, or that they're sharing something they shouldn't. When it comes to any second-hand story (like "The prophet told me in his living room that..." for example) I believe it's a mistake at best, and possibly a lie. If God wants me to know something about the future, I'll hear it from His ordained channel or through a messenger sent by Him directly to me (such as a person who has passed away.) If someone tells me God sent them with a message, I believe they're selling something, and I'm not buying.

angeloanthony
captain of 10

Post by angeloanthony »

I do believe that obama is the greek president and it make sense that he is provoking Russia with all his power. However the inauguration will fail the prophecy unless something will stop Trump from being inaugurated, which is a possibility considering that Soros is working overtime with his plotting.
There is also one more national holiday coming on the 16th of January. So things are still open. I would not mock and laugh at the prophecy yet.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

angeloanthony wrote:I do believe that obama is the greek president and it make sense that he is provoking Russia with all his power. However the inauguration will fail the prophecy unless something will stop Trump from being inaugurated, which is a possibility considering that Soros is working overtime with his plotting.
There is also one more national holiday coming on the 16th of January. So things are still open. I would not mock and laugh at the prophecy yet.
Yours is an unrealistic projection of beliefs on the movie screen of reality. How can you state that Obama "is provoking Russia with all his power" when it is very clear the man was just in Hawaii playing golf. Obama, Angelo, is a puppet and nothing more. The bankers who control politics in the US will decide when the next war is.

January 16th is not the droid you're looking for.

Besides, if you really believe that the stinky stuff is going to hit the fan on January 16th, what the heck are you doing on the Internet? There are supplies to be purchased and relatives to be contacted, and guns to be cleaned. Good gracious, man, get up and do something!

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I still have my weapons. I don't expect that they will be confiscated in the next 10 hours.

"He continued that the U.S. would be bound by numerous entangling alliances and would take away weapons owned by the people."

US still has missiles in Europe. I don't expect that they will be withdrawn in the next 10 hours, I was going to say that I don't see the soviet Union even demanding it outside of their normal demands and then I remembered that the Soviet union collapsed a quarter century ago. That alone is reason to doubt the validity of this prophecy.

"I saw the United States withdraw its missiles to appease the Soviet Union, and then the war began."

The prophecy always refers to the Soviet Union. it does so at several points including where it says their military strength dwarfs our own which also doesn't jive with current events. . At no point does it refer to Russia.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote:
angeloanthony wrote:I do believe that obama is the greek president and it make sense that he is provoking Russia with all his power. However the inauguration will fail the prophecy unless something will stop Trump from being inaugurated, which is a possibility considering that Soros is working overtime with his plotting.
Yours is an unrealistic projection of beliefs on the movie screen of reality. How can you state that Obama "is provoking Russia with all his power" when it is very clear the man was just in Hawaii playing golf. Obama, Angelo, is a puppet and nothing more. The bankers who control politics in the US will decide when the next war is.

Besides, if you really believe that the stinky stuff is going to hit the fan on January 16th, what the heck are you doing on the Internet? There are supplies to be purchased and relatives to be contacted, and guns to be cleaned. Good gracious, man, get up and do something!
Do you not believe that expelling 35 diplomats and closing Russian diplomatic missions is an extremely provoking action? Thankfully Putin seems to be level headed. He said that he wouldn't respond in kind or do anything else because he believes that he can have a much better relationship with Trump. I do believe that if Putin had responded in kind, Obama would have called over the golf cart with the phone so he could escalate and it would not have ended well for any of us.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Putin already called home all children of diplomats and government officials.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2 ... ent=safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NATO has already amassed troops/tanks in Eastern Europe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... ent=safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
Silver wrote:

Do you not believe that expelling 35 diplomats and closing Russian diplomatic missions is an extremely provoking action? Thankfully Putin seems to be level headed. He said that he wouldn't respond in kind or do anything else because he believes that he can have a much better relationship with Trump. I do believe that if Putin had responded in kind, Obama would have called over the golf cart with the phone so he could escalate and it would not have ended well for any of us.
Please, Obama is a gay golfer with a fantastic vacation budget who does what he is told in the political realm. Putin is a guy who gets ride horses with his shirt off so the West will talk about him. The bankers will decide when we go to war.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote:Please, Obama is a gay golfer with a fantastic vacation budget who does what he is told in the political realm. Putin is a guy who gets ride horses with his shirt off so the West will talk about him. The bankers will decide when we go to war.
Horses? I thought Putin rode grizzly bears.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

One thing is certain. Whether you believe this is a real prophecy or not, whether something happens on the 16th or not, if Trump is president on January 21st then the whole thing must be false! We are less than 3 weeks from a definitive answer which nobody can argue with.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

stephenj wrote:One thing is certain. Whether you believe this is a real prophecy or not, whether something happens on the 16th or not, if Trump is president on January 21st then the whole thing must be false! We are less than 3 weeks from a definitive answer which nobody can argue with.
Yes, I agree.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/t ... fice&csz=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;