EARTHQUAKES!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Jason »

BroJones wrote:Hi. This thread seems to include natural disasters besides earthquakes - so here goes...

Front page news at CNN today, flooding along the Mississippi in Missouri.

Thought - Jackson County is on the Missouri River... could this be the way that the area is cleansed for the New Jerusalem temple, by horrendous floods?

(CNN)—Even if it doesn't rain another drop in Missouri, Kathy Wunderlich's home in West Alton may still get flooded.

Recent deluges have engulfed towns, homes, fields and roads in deadly floodwater. Though the storms are gone, the rivers have kept rising from Texas to Illinois.

In West Alton, runoff pushed the Mississippi River over the levees on Tuesday, and Wunderlich was headed for higher ground with her belongings in tow.

"We emptied out our basement of anything important, which is strictly storage anyway. We cleaned out the house of clothes. Things that can't be replaced. Important pieces of furniture," she told CNN affiliate KMOV.

400 gauges over flood stage

Though Wunderlich's situation appears acute, she is one of 17 million people nationwide that the National Weather Service said are living in areas where there are flood warnings.

Throughout the country's midsection about 400 river gauges are over flood stage, with around 45 showing major flooding, the National Weather Service said.

Many of those are in or around St. Louis. Some rivers and streams have already crested, and some haven't yet, like the Mississippi. It is expected to reach its peak late Wednesday or early Thursday in Missouri along with other area streams.

Missouri will still have "major to historic river flooding through early next week," the National Weather Service's St. Louis office said. "Record crests expected on area rivers the next several days."
Certainly possible...having been on the ground in '93 sandbagging....its going to have to a 10 fold increase to even get close to accomplishing that mission.

I really feel for all the impacted people. In '93 it was late June, July, and early August....not the end of December - early January...

I'm still of the opinion fwiw that it will be the plague...possibly originating in Manhattan, Kansas and spreading out from there...

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Jason wrote:
BroJones wrote:Hi. This thread seems to include natural disasters besides earthquakes - so here goes...

Thought - Jackson County is on the Missouri River... could this be the way that the area is cleansed for the New Jerusalem temple, by horrendous floods?

(CNN)—Even if it doesn't rain another drop in Missouri, Kathy Wunderlich's home in West Alton may still get flooded.

Recent deluges have engulfed towns, homes, fields and roads in deadly floodwater. Though the storms are gone, the rivers have kept rising from Texas to Illinois.

In West Alton, runoff pushed the Mississippi River over the levees on Tuesday, and Wunderlich was headed for higher ground with her belongings in tow.

"We emptied out our basement of anything important, which is strictly storage anyway. We cleaned out the house of clothes. Things that can't be replaced. Important pieces of furniture," she told CNN affiliate KMOV.

Though Wunderlich's situation appears acute, she is one of 17 million people nationwide that the National Weather Service said are living in areas where there are flood warnings.

Throughout the country's midsection about 400 river gauges are over flood stage, with around 45 showing major flooding, the National Weather Service said.

Many of those are in or around St. Louis. Some rivers and streams have already crested, and some haven't yet, like the Mississippi. It is expected to reach its peak late Wednesday or early Thursday in Missouri along with other area streams.

Missouri will still have "major to historic river flooding through early next week," the National Weather Service's St. Louis office said. "Record crests expected on area rivers the next several days."
Certainly possible...having been on the ground in '93 sandbagging....its going to have to a 10 fold increase to even get close to accomplishing that mission.

I really feel for all the impacted people. In '93 it was late June, July, and early August....not the end of December - early January...

I'm still of the opinion fwiw that it will be the plague...possibly originating in Manhattan, Kansas and spreading out from there...
Just how are righteous people going to be able to get through a plague without being laid out, belly up and lifeless? I can see how people could escape other calamities but a plague, a virus or killer particles in the air to be breathed in? I don't get it. Just where can a person go so they will not breathe in something that will surely kill them? Along with food storage and other staples, should we store oxygen tanks and gasmasks or respirators as well? Up here in the Northwest bellowing smoke and volcanic ash would be very bad for lungs. But a plague? What defense is there?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

freedomforall wrote:Just how are righteous people going to be able to get through a plague without being laid out, belly up and lifeless? I can see how people could escape other calamities but a plague, a virus or killer particles in the air to be breathed in? I don't get it. Just where can a person go so they will not breathe in something that will surely kill them? Along with food storage and other staples, should we store oxygen tanks and gasmasks or respirators as well? Up here in the Northwest bellowing smoke and volcanic ash would be very bad for lungs. But a plague? What defense is there?
Very few viruses are able to survive for a long time outside of a host. Some can be passed by aerosol - inhaling somebody's sneeze or moist air they just exhaled - but most are passed by physical contact. What's the defense to plague? The first, and best defense, is to isolate yourself so you aren't exposed to anybody sick. A second defense, available to righteous church members, is priesthood blessings.

Church leaders tell us to store food, clothes, and everything else we need to survive for a year. Prudence dictates tents and sleeping bags be part of that storage, since natural disasters can destroy houses and social unrest can force us to flee. Gas masks may be useful, but I wouldn't bother with respirators or oxygen tanks unless advised to do so by church leaders or personal inspiration.

itsallgood
captain of 50

Post by itsallgood »

I agree, if it's not our time to go, we won't die from plagues. Our best defence is righteousness. My daughters patriarchal blessing tells her that she will be protected from plagues because of righteousness. I think it will be a spiritual thing more than something that can be explained. In Suzanne Freeman's experience she saw that having faith and not fear was a big factor in not getting the plagues.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:

freedomforall wrote:Just how are righteous people going to be able to get through a plague without being laid out, belly up and lifeless? I can see how people could escape other calamities but a plague, a virus or killer particles in the air to be breathed in? I don't get it. Just where can a person go so they will not breathe in something that will surely kill them? Along with food storage and other staples, should we store oxygen tanks and gasmasks or respirators as well? Up here in the Northwest bellowing smoke and volcanic ash would be very bad for lungs. But a plague? What defense is there?
Aye! In nearly every other scenario....from nukes to EMDs to natural disasters...the wicked can combine against the righteous. Gangs run rampant...etc etc etc.

The plague is a separator. Quarantine. Avoid others (whether known infected or just the shear risk of getting infected). Holed up on food storage (which Elder Packer talked about not storing food at meeting houses in Sandy because people wouldn't be able to access them...and pretty much within easy walking distance of couple blocks).
Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... lang=eng#3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I do believe the wicked will slay the wicked...with the intent of preserving their rich selves and eradicating the majority of an indebted people who have realized the extent of their circumstances and rebelled against their masters. But rather than fulfill the Georgia Guidestones...I do believe they'll fall into the pit they've dug. Shelters like the Denver airport will end up being burial grounds rather than an ark like they anticipate.

Just pure opinions though with no crystal ball...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

brianj wrote:
Very few viruses are able to survive for a long time outside of a host. Some can be passed by aerosol - inhaling somebody's sneeze or moist air they just exhaled - but most are passed by physical contact. What's the defense to plague? The first, and best defense, is to isolate yourself so you aren't exposed to anybody sick. A second defense, available to righteous church members, is priesthood blessings.

Church leaders tell us to store food, clothes, and everything else we need to survive for a year. Prudence dictates tents and sleeping bags be part of that storage, since natural disasters can destroy houses and social unrest can force us to flee. Gas masks may be useful, but I wouldn't bother with respirators or oxygen tanks unless advised to do so by church leaders or personal inspiration.
If you study the research that has gone on through the decades - from the dark Nazi chambers to Devil Unit 731 to the CIA's MKULTRA, Project BlueBird/Artichoke, MKNAOMI, MKDELTA, Operation Plumbbob, Operation Whitecoat, Project 112, MKSEARCH, etc etc etc...Fort Detrick, Plum Island, Dugway Proving Grounds, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, etc etc etc...
Ninety-five years ago in the little town of Brevig Mission, Alaska, a deadly new virus called Spanish influenza struck quickly and brutally. It killed 90 percent of the town’s Inuit population, leaving scores of corpses that few survivors were willing to touch.

Nearly 50 years later, scientists dug up another victim from the same site, this time a better preserved, mostly frozen, obese woman, and successfully extracted viral RNA. In 2005, a team of scientists finally completed the project, sequencing the full genome of the viral RNA.

Unusually for the flu, the pandemic afflicted the young more than the old. Scientists have since established that the disease triggered an overreaction by the immune system, thus turning a young person’s robust immune system against itself. (Bird flu and swine flu were similarly more deadly in young people.) Victims’ lungs overflowed with fluid while their skin, deprived of oxygen, became mottled and discolored. Many sufferers came down with severe nosebleeds—some spewed blood out of their nostrils with such force that nurses had to duck to avoid the flow. Those unable to recover eventually drowned in their own bodily fluids.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... after.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Characterization of the Reconstructed 1918 Spanish Influenza Pandemic Virus
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5745/77.abstract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's hard to comprehend the impact of the Black Death. The "Great Pestilence" is believed to have originated somewhere in Northern Asia in the 1330s before hitting Europe in 1347. It killed an estimated 75 million people worldwide - that's around 25 per cent of all humans in existence at the time. Now in an effort to better understand modern infectious diseases, scientist have sequenced the entire genome of the Black Death.
http://www.gizmag.com/black-death-genom ... ted/20155/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yersinia pestis and the Plague of Justinian 541–543 AD: a genomic analysis
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanin ... 2/fulltext" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Purple spots...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31550&p=656862" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If Stalin invades Europe...a little disease here and there would wipe out Stalin's hoards and leave everything intact. Besides, a small bottle of germs is so much cheaper than an atom bomb, isn't it? Why you could hold more soldiers in your hand than Stalin could possibly command and you don't have to feed them clothes them or supply them with munitions. On the other hand, the threat of war...does wonders... for the economy.
1948 Heinrich Mueller

Frank Olsen
http://www.serendipity.li/cia/olson2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dead microbiologists
http://www.markswatson.com/deadmicros.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...all buried within private corporations within private corporations...for example - Hadron Advanced Biosystems acquired by Analex Corporation acquired by QinetiQ North America Operations LLC
Analex now joins the other QNA subsidiaries which include: Apogen Technologies, Foster-Miller, Planning Systems, and Westar Aerospace & Defense Group in providing world-class technology and responsive solutions to the U.S. Government.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 63597.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For more than 50 years, QinetiQ North America has been providing technology development and product solutions to commercial and military customers.

1956 – Originated as Foster-Miller, Inc., headquartered in Waltham, MA
2001 – The United Kingdom Ministry of Defense, Defense Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA), privatized their laboratories and test ranges, creating QinetiQ.
2004 – QinetiQ acquired the U.S. companies Westar and Foster-Miller, the first two of a string of acquisitions that would eventually become QinetiQ North America.
2006 – QinetiQ (LSE: QQ) became a public company.
https://www.qinetiq-na.com/company/history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...kind of like how an obscure little private Canadian voting machine company (Dominion Voting Systems) that moves to the US and shortly thereafter gobbles up the #2 and #3 market leaders (Diebold and ES&S)...

BioBible
https://sites.google.com/site/bioterrorbible/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you really want to change things, you first need to come to terms with just how corrupt and evil the current system is.

An incomplete understanding of the situation will lead to half baked solutions that accomplish nothing.
http://stormcloudsgathering.com/nazi-st ... government" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ppZM9rn_qA

This is weird. Enterprise, UT having quake swarms.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

It's these little earthquakes that can set off the bigger ones.

littlemikey
captain of 100

Post by littlemikey »

Oh man! Looks like the this is the start of the San Andreas movie! Keep an eye out for the Rock!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

oxbloodangel wrote:http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ppZM9rn_qA

This is weird. Enterprise, UT having quake swarms.
Weird. I didn't feel anything here (St. George area).

DOZ
captain of 100

Post by DOZ »

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/a ... ds-/62726/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

== EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==

Region: SOUTHERN ALASKA
Magnitude: 7.1
Depth: 127 km
Time near the Epicenter: 24 Jan 2016 01:30:30

Location with respect to nearby cities:
261 km (161 mi) SW of Anchorage, Alaska

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

More info on that Alaska quake: http://tiny.iavian.net/8nqa

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

oxbloodangel wrote:More info on that Alaska quake: http://tiny.iavian.net/8nqa
Government doesn't like judge living in Alaska who teaches truth...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Anyone feel the 2.9 in Heber today?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Todd wrote:Anyone feel the 2.9 in Heber today?
Quakes less than 3.5 are almost never felt.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

gkearney wrote:
Todd wrote:Anyone feel the 2.9 in Heber today?
Quakes less than 3.5 are almost never felt.
Ok, I thought it was 2.5 or less. I guess the depth, type of soil and distance also factor in too. Thanks for the info! :)

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

A great many factors go into if they are felt or not but needless to say humans are nowhere near as sensitive as sizmographs.

By the way you can install a sizmograph on your phone and learn just how sensitive they are.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

== EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==

Region: KAMCHATKA PENINSULA, RUSSIA
Magnitude: 7.0
Depth: 159 km
Time near the Epicenter: 30 Jan 2016 15:25:10
Location with respect to nearby cities:
95 km (58 mi) N of Yelizovo, Russia
110 km (68 mi) N of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Russia
123 km (76 mi) N of Vilyuchinsk, Russia

Syn
captain of 50

Post by Syn »

2004 Indian ocean Earthquake/Tsunami documentary. The quality is bad, but the stories and footage are heartbreaking. Really shows how fast these things can happen and how fast lives change.

https://youtu.be/b9DMiy_DVok

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

OKLAHOMA CITY – A 5.1 magnitude earthquake shook northwest Oklahoma and was felt in seven other states on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, the third-largest temblor ever recorded in the state where the power and frequency of earthquakes has dramatically increased in recent years.

The earthquake centered about 17 miles north of Fairview in northwestern Oklahoma occurred at 11:07 a.m. and was reportedly felt across Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico and Texas, the USGS said. A second quake measured at 3.9 magnitude struck ten minutes later, followed at 11:41 a.m. by a 2.5 magnitude quake. Both were in the same area of the larger temblor and about 100 miles northwest of Oklahoma City.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/13/ma ... ahoma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

According to the U.S. Geological Survey and the Oklahoma Geological Survey, the magnitude 5.1 quake was the third strongest on record in the Sooner State, behind only the Nov. 6, 2011 Prague tremor (magnitude 5.6) and the April 9, 1952 Yukon quake (magnitude 5.5).

It was felt as far away as Fayetteville, Arkansas, the Kansas City metro area, and far southeast Nebraska.
https://weather.com/safety/earthquake/n ... shock-usgs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The magnitude 5.1 quake -- centered near Fairview -- was felt in seven states overall. Oklahoma has recently seen a dramatic spike in earthquakes.

The ground keeps shaking in Oklahoma, and more violently.

This year has already seen 140 quakes 3.0 or larger. That's an average of 2.5 earthquakes per day. Before 2008, the average was one and a half per year.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma-se ... rthquakes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oklahoma:
8 earthquakes today
45 earthquakes in the past 7 days
181 earthquakes in the past month
3,422 earthquakes in the past year
http://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-sta ... oma/recent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

Don't know if this link has ever been put on here. But this You Tube channel is excellent. This guy really seems to know his stuff! He has a fb page too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

THREE earthquakes have struck the Greek city of Patras, just miles from holiday hotspot Zakynthos.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/644 ... ale-damage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taipei, Feb. 16 (CNA) Six earthquakes jolted eastern Taiwan on Tuesday morning and in the early afternoon, including five that shook Taitung County in a 90-minute stretch, according to the Central Weather Bureau.
http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201602160014.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

California Faultlines Rupture Releasing CO, CO2 and SO2
WEST COAST WATCH: There is speculation that 'outgassing' may be occurring from the San Andreas fault up through Cascadia, CO in particular. The following video presentation was posted today from a professor at the University of Ottawa that discussed it with his class. You can find various other individuals on you tube who also are covering this.
For reference, these (unconfirmed) readings in the Nullschool Monitor were between 25 and 200 times above typical background CO levels...about 200 parts per billion and up to twelve times higher than second highest peak readings over polluted regions of China, during the same period.