Understanding the 1/2 hour of silence

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Captain G
captain of 10

Re: Understanding the 1/2 hour of silence

Post by Captain G »

pjbrownie wrote:The way to understand the Second Coming is revealed in Matthew 24 when his disciples asked about it. After discussing the events that would occur immediately after his death and resurrection, and the details of the Great Apostasy, he states:
26 For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.
What this means is that Second Coming is a process. The concerns of Joseph Smith are illustrated over this is Bushman's biography. Preceding the Kirtland era, Joseph Smith's revelations were apocalyptic and millennial. There was a great concern that the Second Coming would be imminent, and that the building of the temple would initiate this wonderful event. Indeed, it did, for Christ came suddenly to His temple. The appearance at Kirtland signaled the first events of the Second Coming, "a light of the morning coming out of the east." This is the first evidence of dawn. Furthermore, after this event, Joseph's mind seemed quieted by the imminence of the Second Coming and he turned his attention towards Zion--the building up of Zion in preparation for the larger work of the restoration, the building of of the Kingdom of God upon earth in preparation for the larger events of His coming.

Christ in essence, comes several times.

1. The Kirtland Temple
2. Appearances to those who are prepared
3. Appearance at Adam Ondi Ahman
4. Appearance at the Zion temple similar to the appearance at the Bountiful temple in the Book of Mormon
5. Appearance to the Jews at the Mount of Olives
6. Coming in Glory to the whole earth

These events compromise the Second Coming, a light that rises our of the east going to the west until it fills the whole earth.

NGL's analysis appears correct to me. Trumps equal judgments--they may equal other things--but they are the arm of the Lord falling upon the nations--not a subtle event. You have a trump sounding loud and long, not subtle and long, followed by a period of quiet, then more judgments. This is the simplest explanation I can see and it's backed up by apostolic opinion on the matter.

NGL, I think what I've discovered here is the timing of the appearances of Christ at 3 and 4. They have always seemed a bit fluid to me, but now it seems to me that the AOA appearance is at the conclusion of the sixth seal, the sign of the Coming of the Son of Man, and the included trump judgment. Then you have the period of silence--the building up of Zion and the missionary work of the 144,000--then the appearances at the NJ temple and the start of the seven judgments accompanied by the first resurrection.

This is OUR Second Coming, is the one in which we have to do. Read the Book of Mormon and it will tell you. The coming to the Jews is for the Jews and the coming in Glory is really for folks like the Chinese. Our Coming is meant to come after a sign in the heavens and a series of calamities.

There is no discrepancy.
When you talk about Kirkland that is the time that God the Father came and the Temple look like it was on fire. You have a lot of good information but a little off. I have been studying the signs of the time for a while and found some information that might clear thing up.
1 Appearance is Adam ondi Ahman which the Keys of the Priesthood will be handed from Adam to Christ and that will be the opening of the Seventh Seal.
2 Appearance is New Jerusalem where the temple will be built and after that, the gathering of the ten tribes will begin.
3 Appearance is Armageddon where Christ will come and Save the Jews and only 1/3 will be saved and the others will be killed.
4 Appearance is the Coming of the Savior in his Glory.
Here are a few Scriptures for you to look at.
1 Appearance: Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14. HC. J SMITH 3: 386-87, JD, O PRATT 17: 187-89,
2 Appearance: 3 Nephi 20: 22, 3 Nephi 21: 23-26, Jacob 5: 63-64, D&C 42: 36, ect.
3 Appearance: Ezekiel 39: 21-22, Ezekiel 48: 35, Zech 12: 9-11, Zech 13: 6,9, Zech 14: 4-5. D&C 45: 47-53, etc
4 Appearance: Matt 24: 36, Mark 13: 32, Acts 1: 11, Isaiah 63: 1-5, 1 Thes 4: 16-17, etc.
These scriptures are to help you get started and hopefully they will help. The meeting at Adam ondi Ahman will be not known by the world and most of the saints will not know only those who have been invited. The world will be at war and destruction will be here before the Seventh Seal will be open. Pray and stay close to the Lord and remember the 10 virgins that 5 were ready and 5 werent. The General Authority were talking about the saints.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

Please be a little patient with me as I bring up yet again the 7th seal. Because our cannonized scriptures D&C 77 specifically says that those things of the 1st 1000 years are of the 1st seal up to the 7th. From the Prophet Joseph Smith, is it over simplifiying to say we are in the 7th seal based on the calendar.

I'm just saying, the Prophet put it into the D&C in the most plain terms. I'm thinking there was a reason for that. Why all the specifics about the meridian of time, etc if time itself had no merit?

Is the 1/2 hour of silence when the Lord preaches to the world through earthquakes, famines, pestilence, etc? Is it a "type" of when He opened His ministry at the age of 12 and began to preach Himself? Meaning, that since He preached 21 years, 33 (death) - 12 (beginning of ministry)= 21 years approx. Could this possibly be a coincidence that the 1/2 hour of silence =21 years. I don't think so.

Jeremy_the_Revelator
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Jeremy_the_Revelator »

Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
D&C 88:95 was fulfilled 3 years ago. The face of the Lord was already unveiled and heaven departed as a scroll on the same day. We all saw it, but we didn't recognize it. I made a video for everyone below.
Also, I believe trumpet #1 already sounded too, that was Covid-19. I explain this too.
Remember, the Second Coming will overtake the world as a thief, so we should not expect spectacular "Moses and Pharaoh" style theatrics, but rather subtle fulfillment.
https://youtu.be/ZlyFHYmxr5U

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Jeremy_the_Revelator wrote: ↑July 14th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
D&C 88:95 was fulfilled 3 years ago. The face of the Lord was already unveiled and heaven departed as a scroll on the same day. We all saw it, but we didn't recognize it. I made a video for everyone below.
Also, I believe trumpet #1 already sounded too, that was Covid-19. I explain this too.
Remember, the Second Coming will overtake the world as a thief, so we should not expect spectacular "Moses and Pharaoh" style theatrics, but rather subtle fulfillment.
Interesting theories. Thanks for sharing. Since you’re new, and just by way of trying to help manage expectations, hopefully you’re not expecting any big, warm reception here to the theory that RMN and current church leadership were responsible for some significant, substantive role in actually fulfilling scripture and actually revealing the face of Jesus Christ. But it is an interesting TBM theory. Thanks again.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jeremy_the_Revelator wrote: ↑July 14th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
I watched this and found plenty of things I could agree with hermano πŸ‘πŸ‘

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑July 15th, 2023, 9:41 am
I watched this and found plenty of things I could agree with hermano πŸ‘πŸ‘
I like that you focus on that there are plenty of things you could agree with. We all need to learn to be more like that.
I am not there yet. It is my nature to look for flaws in my own ideas and in the ideas of others. I found the majority of the information to be very good. I also liked that in several areas, Jeremy stated that he had come to this conclusion or that it was something that he had received. to me it felt like he was giving a disclaimer that this point or that point was not authoritative, and that each person had to work thru the information provided and reach their own conclusions. This is an approach that we all need to improve on.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

All I know is that there are clearly no women in heaven.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

If one talks about the 1/2 hour, should one not talk about the hour? The are both mentioned by John in revelations.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy! If no one has done so yet, let me go ahead and be the first to nominate you as an official candidate for the OMAS and also the embodiment of the Holy Ghost. You will find a complete list of all the other candidates in the basement forums.

Sorry, I had to. 😁 You'll like this place as long as you check your feelings at the door and don't take anything that anyone says TOO seriously.