The Abomination of Desolation

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Songbird
captain of 1,000

Re: The Abomination of Desolation

Post by Songbird »

HeirofNumenor wrote:BOTH OF YOU!!! Quit with the exclamation points!!!!

Jeepers...they are driving me batty! :-ss @-) :p
Personally, I am glad that is the only thing bothering you! Oops.... :ymblushing:

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Glad to see you're kissingand making up. ;)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

What's with all the critique? And what happened to humility? Not everyone is comfortable witrh giving lessons of any kind...so I applaud those who get up in front of a class and give it their best.
Who really cares which scripture is for six thousand years ago and which one is for today. Aren't they all there for our learning, edification and...yes...warning? Can anyone truly state which day of the week Christ was born? Does it really matter? He has come and gone. Does it really matter where the next earthquake strikes, or the next volcano, or the next tornado, or the next tempest?
What really matters is that we are aware of Christ's return and try to be ready for the event...if we live that long. There is nothing we can do to stop any of the disasters, and they will occur all over this continent at some time or another. I live right next to a volcano and right over a fault, so maybe I ought to move to Wyoming...oh, I can't there's a huge volcano underground there, so maybe I can move to Kansas...no, there's tornados there, maybe California...no, been there...saw fires, earthquakes and lots of people. Maybe I can move to Missouri and beat the rush, that's it. Oh, can't do that because we're going to be attacked with nucular missles. And now I hear Idaho is going to be taken over by the Chinese, WHAT? Might just as well stay in Oregon and watch for Tsunamis and hazardous fallout from Japan.

Does anyone see how important Prov. 3:5,6 is?

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Freedom Fighter: Again a post with great wisdom. Thanks

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

freedomfighter wrote:What's with all the critique? And what happened to humility? Not everyone is comfortable witrh giving lessons of any kind...so I applaud those who get up in front of a class and give it their best.
Who really cares which scripture is for six thousand years ago and which one is for today. Aren't they all there for our learning, edification and...yes...warning? Can anyone truly state which day of the week Christ was born? Does it really matter? He has come and gone. Does it really matter where the next earthquake strikes, or the next volcano, or the next tornado, or the next tempest?
What really matters is that we are aware of Christ's return and try to be ready for the event...if we live that long. There is nothing we can do to stop any of the disasters, and they will occur all over this continent at some time or another. I live right next to a volcano and right over a fault, so maybe I ought to move to Wyoming...oh, I can't there's a huge volcano underground there, so maybe I can move to Kansas...no, there's tornados there, maybe California...no, been there...saw fires, earthquakes and lots of people. Maybe I can move to Missouri and beat the rush, that's it. Oh, can't do that because we're going to be attacked with nucular missles. And now I hear Idaho is going to be taken over by the Chinese, WHAT? Might just as well stay in Oregon and watch for Tsunamis and hazardous fallout from Japan.

Come to Iowa and have some watermelon with me. It is wet, but it is beautiful....

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Songbird wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:What's with all the critique? And what happened to humility? Not everyone is comfortable witrh giving lessons of any kind...so I applaud those who get up in front of a class and give it their best.

Come to Iowa and have some watermelon with me. It is wet, but it is beautiful....
Thanks for the invite. Iowa is pretty. My wife and I went through there on vacation, while working in Minneapolis. We stopped in Winterset and saw the birthplace of Marion Robert Morrison. We went to most of the LDS tourist spots around Missouri as well. Went through the Memphis TN temple before its dedication. Saw the first stages of construction (hole in the ground where the font was to be) of the Winter Quarters Temple. That was back in 2000.
Isn't Iowa part of Tornado alley? My brother was six miles from having his home sent to another state when a biggy hit Galena KS a few weeks ago.

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

There are many Abomination of Desolations but the most important three to us are as follows:

1. The destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD.

Yet to happen,

2. The Final destruction of the wicked at the end of the battle of Armageddon.

3. The abomination that makes it desolate is the Anti-Christ stopping the daily sacrifices in the temple at Jerusalem and this Anti-Christ declaring himself to be God and forcing all to worship him in the Temple of the LORD. I don't know how you can miss this. It is declared in a plain manner. (They have power for 3 1/2 years.... the same time that the two Prophets preach to the Jews, at the end of which is the final battle at Armageddon.)

Those are three of the abominations of Desolations the last two are the most important to us.

The temple is ready to be built at anytime. They have the plans, they have the cups, the staffs, the gold, the silver the priest robes they have everything ready to go. As soon as the LORD wills it, it will happen. The dome will be removed....(by war IMO) and the temple will be built. The anti-christ and TPTB and Synagogue of Satan all want the temple to be built. Only the Muslims do not so.... the next war will be against the Muslims and once wiped out the temple will be built. This is going to happen very soon, in fact it is next on the list of major things to happen along with comet Elenin coming and the Super Nova sign coming in Sept. (possible sept super nova)

How can there be any more debate about the abomination of desolation... it is one of the easiest thing about the second coming to understand.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

7: It's my understanding that the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Temple will be under direction of the GAs. What say?

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:7: It's my understanding that the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Temple will be under direction of the GAs. What say?

Nope....this is a Jewish thing the GAs as far as I know will not be involved. The Jews will build it by themselves as they see fit as close as possible to the original based on all the information they have recovered in recent years. I heard a rumor that underneath someones house was a full scaled version of the entire temple sight.

Where do you get you information that any GA will be involved in the construction of this building. The Jews would laugh at such an idea as we are not Jewish....

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

7: I will try to find the reference for you. I said that the First Presidency would oversee it, not be opart of the actual construction which will be done by the Jews. The key point is who will,have the authority to set the Temple apart for God? Only the Priesthood can do that.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Dr. Cleon Skousen always said that it would ONLY be Jews working on the Temple....when they asked him "what is the 2nd floor for?" He always told them: "That's what the Messiah will teach you."

As he was a noted scholar, always hung out with prophets and apostles, and was a liaison between the First Presidency and various Israelis VIPS - his word is good enough for me.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Heiro: I too respect CS. Notice I also said that the workers woukld be Jews. Did CS say anything about who will aurorize the constrction and who would dedicate it?

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

The Israeli government would authorize it (as at the time it would only be a Aaronic & Levitical temple...LDS authority is not needed). Dedication would also be handled by the Jewish religious establishment - again, the upper portion would not be used until AFTER the Mt. of Olives.

I also realize that there is a segment of the LDS population that believes that the LDS Church will be the main push behind the temple, and that it will be a totally LDS temple, from start to finish....which also means it doesn't HAVE to be a replica of Solomon's or Herod's temple. The scriptures do not support this. IF they support anything, it is the implication that the Jews themselves will do it (an entirely Jewish project), and that it will be a replica of previous Jewish temples (Ezekiel 40-45).

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

HeirofNumenor wrote:The Israeli government would authorize it (as at the time it would only be a Aaronic & Levitical temple...LDS authority is not needed). Dedication would also be handled by the Jewish religious establishment - again, the upper portion would not be used until AFTER the Mt. of Olives.

I also realize that there is a segment of the LDS population that believes that the LDS Church will be the main push behind the temple, and that it will be a totally LDS temple, from start to finish....which also means it doesn't HAVE to be a replica of Solomon's or Herod's temple. The scriptures do not support this. IF they support anything, it is the implication that the Jews themselves will do it (an entirely Jewish project), and that it will be a replica of previous Jewish temples (Ezekiel 40-45).
That's my understanding as well, that it will be the third Jewish Temple, not an LDS temple...many differentiate between LDS and church of the Firstborn...maybe it will be the first temple dedicated as a temple of the Church of the Firstborn... Just a random though I had.

It' also interesting that the law will go forth from Zion and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem...two distinct but complementary organizations one more religious and the other more secular...I find it interesting that NJ will be the secular capitol and OJ the religious one (at least that's how I interpret that...) It will be quite the thing to see how the two are intended to function together...I so hope to live to witness it!

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Heiro: You make sound points. The sacred practise conducted there will by Levites. See the D+C on ordination of JS by John the Baptsit. Also, the activities will cease after just one day according to the Bible. I have no idea if that is a literal one day.

The key thing in my mind is that the Temple will be used by Satan to declare himself God.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Heiro: You make sound points. The sacred practise conducted there will by Levites. See the D+C on ordination of JS by John the Baptsit. Also, the activities will cease after just one day according to the Bible. I have no idea if that is a literal one day.

The key thing in my mind is that the Temple will be used by Satan to declare himself God.
Which if that is a correct interpretation - is ANOTHER reason why the Jerusalem temple will NOT be an LDS project/dedication.

GregoryR
captain of 100

Post by GregoryR »

I still say that the abomination of desolation refers to the last 42 months before the Savior comes. We are in the sixth seal and this approaching comet described by D&C 88 and Rev. 6 is in the sixth seal. After the seventh seal is opened we still have the half hour of silence in heaven, during which time the plagues of Rev 8 to 16 are sent forth upon the earth, a period of approximately 20.83 years.
What say ye?

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Herio: We shall find out in the not too distant future. I very much hope I'm wrong!!!

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

GregoryR wrote:I still say that the abomination of desolation refers to the last 42 months before the Savior comes. We are in the sixth seal and this approaching comet described by D&C 88 and Rev. 6 is in the sixth seal. After the seventh seal is opened we still have the half hour of silence in heaven, during which time the plagues of Rev 8 to 16 are sent forth upon the earth, a period of approximately 20.83 years.
What say ye?
I also think that the future reference to the abomination of desolation is the 42 months that Jerusalem will be under siege before the Savior comes, not specifically the "anti-christ" or satan defiling the temple there. It has also been my understanding that the Jews will have total control of the planning and the building of this future temple. Many people believe that the Dome of the Rock Mosque must be removed first. Not everyone (particularly many Jews in Jerusalem) thinks that way. Some people even speculate that the Dome of the Rock is located in the outer court area of the original Solomon's Temple. Therefore the Temple could be built next to it without removing the mosque first. There are plans right now to build it according to that idea as soon as approval is given. It could take place sooner than people realize. Also I think it's highly premature to say that this approaching comet is the sign spoken of in D&C 88.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Sixth Seal: Has the 42 months started? IF so, about how many months ago?

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Sixth Seal: Has the 42 months started? IF so, about how many months ago?
No.
The 42 month occurs after the seventh seal opens (I believe we are still in the sixth seal) and once the half hour of silence begins. The 42 months is the seige on Jerusalem coinciding with the ministry of the two prophets. We're not there yet.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Sixth: Thanks, From other posts of yours, I believe you said that AOA starts the 7th seal?

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Sixth: Thanks, From other posts of yours, I believe you said that AOA starts the 7th seal?
Well, AOA is at least one of the very final events of the sixth seal before the seventh is opened. I guess it's all semantics.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Sixth: How long have you been studying the last days events and their sequences?

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Sixth: Thanks, From other posts of yours, I believe you said that AOA starts the 7th seal?
If you believe that then you are going to be very confused as events unfold. AOA takes place just before the Second Coming - and therefore must be during the Seventh Seal at the end of the 21 years of preparation for Christ's return.

As the Seventh Seal probably opens in three months time - they better get AOA organized quickly! :D