Joseph Smith/Civil War

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Joseph Smith/Civil War

Post by SmallFarm »

I don't believe that the slaves have really risen against the masters yet. Slavery still exists in many forms all around the world. What happened in America at the end of the civil war was not the end of slavery, but just a small change in a larger system of control and manipulation. I believe that what we are now seeing is the start maybe of that process, but it is also the scarlet Beast burning and scourging the Whore.

AGalagaChiasmus
captain of 100

Post by AGalagaChiasmus »

My ponderings on this quote, before having read this thread, is that Brother Joseph was referring to the end of the nation existing as the "United States". We will have foreign invading armies enter, as typified by the Nephites in the BoM. I've also wondered if the "Independent American Party" is more equivalent to the Tea Party in structure and purpose regarding this quote. And a thought did occur while reading this thread.
You have to read prophecy carefully. It does not say the two parties will go to war with each other it just says that the two parties will go to war. A reasonable interpretation is that both parties are warmongers, there is no longer a "peace" party.
Perhaps it seems both Republicans and Democrats will turn on the Tea Party (as it's gaining ground with each election). Either way, I know I will see faction violence in one form or another in this country in my lifetime. :-ss

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Randy wrote:...

A failure of the money was coming and it was engineered by the very progressives who wanted revolution. Then the land would convulse and so would the people of America. They would rise up against the progressives and seek their blood. War would cover the land. This would be a war of internal collapse and foreign invasion.

The cities would collapse into anarchy. Many would disappear in the coming nuclear attack. It would be as Joseph Smith prophecied and the land would be drenched in blood.

Then plagues and famine would go across the land. Dead bodies would be everywhere.

And yet from this would arise a great cleansing and a great work would begin. The Destroyer will do this work of cleansing.
The great work will be done by the Lord and the members of the Church and we know what that is.

And so my dream ended...

Randy in Gunnison
Thank you for sharing! This fits right into what I have allowed to see.

(And for those wondering how a two-year old can receive/remember such a vision: it is possible; the Spirit keeps such things in the mind of the recipient and teaches and expounds over the years. Plus, the recipient will usually record the vision in as much detail as possible as soon as they are able, so that the remembrance of it isn't lost).

Randy, a question: according to your dream, the timeline is as follows- correct?

Degeneration of America (in part or entirely from Communist conspiracies) first, and then the failure of the currency (hyperinflation?), and then social upheaval timed with physical upheaval of the land, and then another civil war which led to foreign invasion (Europe and China?), and then nuclear attack and social anarchy, and then the great plagues and famine (did you see if there was a specific number of plauges?). After this point is when the "great work" of the LORD would officially begin (establishment of ZION; beginning of a new dispensation with a new Shepherd a la Joseph Smith or Moses?).

Also, I'm interested by your use of the word "Destroyer". Do you mean one of the Destroying Angels of GOD? I have always been immensely curious about them, for some reason.

-Matthew

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Original_Intent wrote:
lundbaek wrote:Of interest to me is that the Independent American Party exists in Nevada and maybe in certain other states as well. It is affiliated with the Constitution Party, which is somewhat better known.
There also was an IAP in Utah, but they became a national party. Some of the state parties at that point affilliated with the Constitution Party.

http://www.usiap.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Nevada party is a separate organization but we hope to work with them in the future, as well as any other groups that promote independence and liberty. The party's founding document is "The Proper Role of Government" by Ezra Taft Benson, which I hope every Latter-day Saint is familiar with. For full disclosure, I have become more deeply involved with the IAP and participate as an advisor on the executive committee. OI, that site you noted is out of date, the new site was launched July 1st of this year: http://www.independentamericanparty.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I'm not here to preach to the choir today or try to do any clandestine "recruiting", I know that I'm in the company of some great patriots here on the LDSFF and have been since '04 ;)

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Randy wrote: Near the end of the 20th century America would be close to collapse but it would continue into the next century. A failure of the money was coming and it was engineered by the very progressives who wanted revolution. Then the land would convulse and so would the people of America. They would rise up against the progressives and seek their blood. War would cover the land. This would be a war of internal collapse and foreign invasion.

The cities would collapse into anarchy. Many would disappear in the coming nuclear attack. It would be as Joseph Smith prophecied and the land would be drenched in blood.

Then plagues and famine would go across the land. Dead bodies would be everywhere.

And yet from this would arise a great cleansing and a great work would begin. The Destroyer will do this work of cleansing.
Did you get a sense of time from the beginning of the 21at Centry to any of the other events that happend? I can very easily see how all the events you list are very likely to occur based upon where things stand today with the world.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

This 'prophecy' has been dubbed the 'White Horse Prophecy " and has been discredited by the Church. There have been other apostles and prophets who have mentioned civil strife and chaos in the latter days that makes the Civil War look like a picnic. No need to use dubious 'prophecies'. If you would like quotes I can post them latter. They're on my home computer.
OMD

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LOL....haven't seen Randy around lately! Last I talked to him he was going exploring for gold/silver over the summer...

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Jason wrote:LOL....haven't seen Randy around lately! Last I talked to him he was going exploring for gold/silver over the summer...
Dangit...

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Oldemandalton wrote:This 'prophecy' has been dubbed the 'White Horse Prophecy " and has been discredited by the Church. There have been other apostles and prophets who have mentioned civil strife and chaos in the latter days that makes the Civil War look like a picnic. No need to use dubious 'prophecies'. If you would like quotes I can post them latter. They're on my home computer.
OMD
I thought the "White Horse" prophecy had a few different iterations, and the written form that was supposed to be false was a compilation of other verifiable prophecies.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I'd have to say this statement kills off any credibility in the White Horse Prophecy:

The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have-heard him utter from time to time, and formulated this so called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have out it forth. It is simply false: that is all there is to it. (Joseph F. Smith, Conference Report, October 1918, p.58.)

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Elder Matthias F. Cowley
Conference Report, April 1898

Now, peace, to some extent, is being taken from the nations of the earth. There are rumors of wars in the land. There is agitation among the nations of the earth. These things have been predicted by the prophets of God, and I testify that every prophecy that has been uttered by the Prophet Joseph Smith, so far as the wheels of time have brought it due, has been verified to the letter, as much so as any prophecy that was ever uttered by Moses, or by Isaiah, or by any of the ancient prophets of the living God. War will be poured out upon the nations of the earth; and it shall come to pass among the wicked that every man that will not take up his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety. There shall be gathered unto Zion out of every nation under heaven, and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another. If there is anyone that doubts the inspiration of the Prophet Joseph, I want them to read that prophecy, and to remember that the day will come when the people on this land of Zion will be the only people that shall not be at war one with another, and that the day will come when those that will not fight against their neighbors will take up their flight to Zion, that they may find a place of safety. This prophecy agrees with the prophecy contained in the 4th chapter of Isaiah and also in the 13th chapter of Isaiah, where he speaks of the judgments of God that shall come upon the wicked, and that there shall be desolation among the children of men, because of their pride, their haughtiness, and their wickedness. Elder Matthias F. Cowley, Conference Report, April 1898, Second Day-Morning Session

President H. C. Kimball
Delivered in the Bowery, Great Salt Lake City , September 28, 1856.

…But, brethren and sisters, you may go forward and be baptized, and say you repent, and receive the laying on of hands, and if you do not repent and lay aside your wickedness, you will go to hell. I tell you that there is nothing that will turn away the wrath of God, and the chastenings that are to come on this people, if they do not repent indeed; now mark my words.
There has been too much said here, by brother Brigham, and his brethren, to fall to the ground unnoticed, and you must observe every word of it.
I am very thankful that so many of the brethren have come in with hand-carts; my soul rejoiced, my heart was filled and grew as big as a two-bushel basket. Two companies have come through safe and sound. Is this the end of it? No; there will be millions on millions that will come much in the same way, only they will not have hand carts, for they will take their bundles under their arms, and their children on their backs, and under their arms, and flee; and Zion's people will have to send out relief to them, for they will come when the judgments come on the nations. And you will find that judgments will be more sore upon this people, if they do not repent and lay aside their pride and their animosities, their quarrelling and contentions, their disputations among themselves.
Those that have come in with the hand-carts may wonder how this can be, for doubtless many of them thought that they were coming to where it was all peace and harmony, and so remain for ever. So it would, were it not for the wicked ones that come here. You who come with the hand-carts have brought nobody here but yourselves, and probably, as brother Ellsworth said, there are as good people among his company as ever were on the earth, according to their knowledge; and then he said there were some of the worst. I do not doubt it, for he never stopped to select them, but he brought all that happened to be in the net, and there were several kinds, I suppose…
Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 4:, p.106

Elder George Q. Cannon
Delivered at the Forty-Fifth Annual Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in the New Tabernacle, Salt Lake City , Thursday Afternoon, April 8, 1875.

… I expect to see the day when the Latter-day Saints will be the people to maintain constitutional government on this land. Men everywhere should know that we believe in constitutional principles, and that we expect that it will be our destiny to maintain them. That the prediction will be fulfilled that was made forty-four years ago the seventh of last March, wherein God said to Joseph Smith-"Ye hear of wars in foreign lands; but behold I say unto you, they are nigh, even at your doors, and not many years hence ye shall hear of wars in your own lands;" but the revelation goes on to say that the day will come among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor, must needs flee unto Zion for safety. A portion of that revelation has been fulfilled, the remainder will be. The causes are in operation to bring it about. We are not alone in the thought that the republic is drifting steadily in that direction; that we are leaving the old constitutional landmarks, and that the time is not far distant when there will be trouble in consequence of it, when there will be civil broils and strife; and, to escape them, we believe, men will be compelled to flee to the "Mormons," despised as they are now… Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 18:, p.9 – 13

Brigham Young
Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 12:, p.285

This people have got to be self-sustaining, if they believe in the revelations given to them. You will find by and by that this same Babylon , which the Saints of God are required to leave, will fall. Will there be any-body left on the face of the earth? Yes, probably millions. Who will they be? Why the servants and handmaidens of the Almighty, those who love and serve Him. Now, I will ask the question, suppose this is true concerning the gathering out of the Saints, and that Babylon, or a confused and wicked world, will cease its operations as they are now going on, and the time spoken of shall have come, when the merchants will mourn and weep because there is no one to buy their merchandise, will the inhabitants of Zion go down to buy their silks and satins and keep up his trade? No. By and by there will be a gulf between the righteous and the wicked so that they can not trade with each other, and national intercourse will cease. It is not so now, they can pass from one to the other with ease. But if this is the Kingdom of God and if we are the Saints of God-I leave you all to judge for yourselves about this-are we not required to sustain ourselves and to manufacture that which we consume, to cease our bartering, trading, mingling, drinking, smoking, chewing and joining with all the filth of Babylon? You may judge for yourselves in relation to this. But I can say that we have been striving for twenty-one years in these valleys, and before we came here, to bring this people to this point. When we look at ladies and gentlemen we can see that their wants are many, but their real necessities are very few. Now, let the Latter-day Saints see that their necessities are supplied, and omit their wants for the present, and until we can manufacture what we want. We want you henceforth to be a self-sustaining people. Hear it, O Israel! hear it neighbors, friends and enemies, this is what the Lord requires of this people.

President Heber C. Kimball
Remarks made in the Bowery, Great Salt Lake City, Afternoon, July 5, 1857

…We are a people, here in the valleys of the mountains, who are hated and have been broken up and driven for our religion till we have got used to it. Brother Brigham told you he had been driven five times, and so have I; and I have had everything taken from me that I had; but yet I have got enough to eat and drink, and enough of everything, and so have you; and my prayer is, all the while, God bless you.
Lay up your stores, and take your silks and fine things, and exchange them for grain and such things as you need, and the time will come when we will be obliged to depend upon our own resources; for the time is not far distant when the curtain will be dropped between us and the United States. When that time comes, brethren and sisters, you will wish you had commenced sooner to make your own clothing. I tell you, God requires us to go into home manufacture; and, prolong it as much as you like, you have got to do it. You will also see the day that you will wish you had laid up your grain, if you do not do it now; for you will see the day, if you do not take care of the blessings God has given to you, that you will become servants, the same as the world will.
We have told you this before. You have been exhorted, year after year, to prepare for hard times: you have been told of this often enough. We have told you that when hard times come again you won't have the privilege that you had last time of having food dealt out to you gratuitously, but you will have to pay for all you get. This will come to pass. I suppose there are many who don't believe it. To such it is like a tune that strikes upon the drum of the ear, passes off, and is forgotten.
I will prove to you that I will put my faith with my works and lay up stores for my family and for my friends that are in the United States, and I will be to them as Joseph was to the people in the land of Egypt. Every man and woman will be a saviour if they will do as I say. You may write this down and send it to the States; for it will be published…
Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 5:, p.10

jdtech
captain of 100

Post by jdtech »

Oldemandalton wrote:This 'prophecy' has been dubbed the 'White Horse Prophecy " and has been discredited by the Church. There have been other apostles and prophets who have mentioned civil strife and chaos in the latter days that makes the Civil War look like a picnic. No need to use dubious 'prophecies'. If you would like quotes I can post them latter. They're on my home computer.
OMD
Randy was not referring to the "White Horse Prophecy." He was relating a dream he had...but yes, it does sound similar.

Thank you for the quotes...they were a good read.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

OMD

The supposed white horse prophecy talks about the Chinese invading our shores OMD. We are getting our prophesies confused here. Perhaps early Alzheimers? =p~ :-\ :D Here is a good write up from FAIR on this white horse thing and other prophesies attributed to the early Brethren.

http://www.fairlds.org/pubs/whitehorse.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Jason wrote:LOL....haven't seen Randy around lately! Last I talked to him he was going exploring for gold/silver over the summer...

I'm sure Randy is out combing the dream mine near Salem originating from ex Bishop Koyle lore. Bob has probably done a bit of exploring around there himself. Maybe even with his pick and shovel across his shoulder.. :p

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Mark wrote:

I'm sure Randy is out combing the dream mine near Salem originating from ex Bishop Koyle lore. Bob has probably done a bit of exploring around there himself. Maybe even with his pick and shovel across his shoulder.. :p
Actually I think he said he was going up to Idaho.....the stuff he found out in Rush Valley that he thought had silver and gold in it....turned out to be quite lacking when analyzed.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

You are right Mark. It’s been a while since I read ‘Prophecy Key to the Future’. Hancock wrote in his diary about a speech he heard from Joseph Smith while he was 10 years old. How accurate it could be I don’t know. Does anyone have quotes from other prophets or apostles who heard Joseph Smith speak about;
1.Independent American Party.
2.“Let’s divide up the lands of the United States,”
3.One half of the U.S. army will give up during an invasion.

I would be very interested in reading anything our local scholars may have on these subjects. JS could very well have said these things, but without confirmation I myself take them with a grain of salt and will not figure these quotes in my own study of prophecy. BTW I have found many quotes by GAs on the other subjects Bro Hancock brings up such as future war, civil strife, and the Constitution hanging by a thread.

Mark, I like to refer to it as “Oldtimers” :))

OMD

AmericanBulldog
captain of 100

Post by AmericanBulldog »

With the way things are going and all the "Occupy" rallies going on and gaining momentum. I would not be surprised to see a civil war in the next ten years. In my opinion, these protests are eventually going to turn into riots. That will allow Obama to declare martial law, postpone elections, and the people will eventually rise up against and attempt an overthrow of the government. After that, we can imagine.......

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Since the prophets saw state against state, city against city, neighbor against neighbor, father against son, do we call it a civil war as we had in the 1860s or is it closer to an attempted revolution or anarchy?

The ‘Civil War’ had two sides, two armies, two governments. The prophecies I have read sounds more like anarchy where if you don’t want to shed blood to protect yourself and your family you have to flee to Zion.

OMD

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Nan wrote:I don't think we have seen this happen. But it sure looks to me like the two parties could go to war against each other with all of the anger going on.
=))

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Oldemandalton wrote:Since the prophets saw state against state, city against city, neighbor against neighbor, father against son, do we call it a civil war as we had in the 1860s or is it closer to an attempted revolution or anarchy?

The ‘Civil War’ had two sides, two armies, two governments. The prophecies I have read sounds more like anarchy where if you don’t want to shed blood to protect yourself and your family you have to flee to Zion.

OMD
War- including the War of Invasion (attacked by Europe and Russia on the East coast, and China on the west coast)- precedes anarchy IIRC, but is a sure road to it.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Since there is no “authorized” prophecy that America will be invaded we don’t really know if it will happen. It is a possibility though. I am more inclined to believe that our enemies, Russia/China/etc., will more than likely just launch an EMP attack, wait for the die out and then walk in unopposed. They know that America is full of weapons. (If on the other hand there is anarchy first then we will all be out of ammo protecting our families)That won’t stop the Mexican drug cartels from moving north to capture land, property and slaves.

Is John speaking here of WW III or WW IV? My guess is WW III. This is after the opening of the 7th seal and the ½ hour of silence. After 2021 which is only 10 years away.

Rev 9: 14-18
14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

Modern warfare with automatic weapons, tanks, planes and’ shock and awe’.

18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Nuclear Warfare.

OMD

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Another witness for a second civil war.

This talk by John Taylor prophesies of another coming civil war here in America that will be worse than the first. I included only a portion of the talk - wherein he talks of a second civil war.

DISCOURSE BY PRESIDENT JOHN TAYLOR.
Delivered at the General Conference, Held in the Tabernable [sic]
Salt Lake City, Oct. 6th, 1879.
(Reported by Geo. F. Gibbs.)
THE WORK OF GOD CANNOT BE HINDERED--THE UNITED STATES TO BE AFFLICTED BY JUDGMENT.

Need we be surprised that people should feel inimical to the Gospel
of Jesus Christ? No. Need we be surprised that men, as the scriptures
say, "should wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived?" No. We
have preached it--I have preached it upwards of forty years in this nation
and in other nations. Need we be surprised that they should trample under
foot the Constitution of the United States? No; Joseph Smith told us that
they would do it. Many around me here knew long ago that they would do
this thing and further knew that the last people that should be found to
rally around that sacred instrument and save it from the grasp of
unrighteous men would be the Elders of Israel! When, therefore, we see
these things progressing need we be astonished? I do not think we need
be. Some of our people you know, who are a little shaky and get how? Why
a little astride of the fence, and say "good Lord and good devil," not
knowing into whose hands they will fall; when they see some of these
things transpiring they are filled with amazement; but men who understand
themselves, and who are in possession of the gift of the Holy Ghost and
the Spirit of the living God, are looking for such things and they are not
at all surprised. Were we surprised when the last terrible war took place
here in the United States? No; good Latter-day Saints were not, for they
had been told about it. Joseph Smith had told them where it would start,
that it should be a terrible time of bloodshed and that it should start in
South Carolina. But I tell you today the end is not yet. You will see
worse things than that, for God will lay his hand upon this nation, and
they will feel it more terribly than ever they have done before; there
will be more bloodshed, more ruin, more devastation than never they have
seen before. Write it down! You will see it come to pass; it is only
just starting in.
And would you feel to rejoice? No; I would feel sorry.
I knew very well myself when this last war was commencing, and could have
wept and did weep, over this natiou [sic]; but there is yet to come a
sound of war, trouble and distress, in which brother will be arrayed
against brother, father against son, son against father, a scene of
desolation and destruction that will permeate our land until it will be a
vexation to hear the report thereof.
Would you help to bring it about?
No, I would not; I would stop it if I could. I would pour in the oil and
the wine and balm and try to lead people in the right path that will be
governed by it, but they won't. Our Elders would do the same, and we are
sending them forth doing all that we can, selecting the very best men we
can put our hands upon--men of faith, men of honor, men of integrity--to
go forth to preach the Gospel to this nation and to other nations. And
how do they receive them? Not long ago they killed one and mobbed others.
Well, we cannot help that. They are in the dark; they do not realize the
position they occupy; they know not what spirit they are of. But it is
our duty to have our bowells [sic] full of compassion extended to them, to
send forth the massage [sic] of life. But when our Elders go among these
people they have to take their lives in their hands and trust in the
living God. Nevertheless, we need not be afraid, we need not be troubled
about any of these matters. "Fear not them which kill the body, but are
not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy
both soul and body in hell." Yea, I say unto you fear Him; and we feel
to-day, while we would submit to every ordinance of man that is just,
equitable and right, observe every law and interfere with no man's rights,
we are not ignorant of the fact that it is unjust for legislatures and
courts to make and enforce laws to entrap and destroy us; that a
magnanimous and just government would protect all its citizens; but we
feel, at the same time, that the Lord is our God, the Lord is our judge,
the Lord is our Law-giver, the Lord is our King, and he shall rule over
us; and all that feel like saying that say Amen. (The vast congregation
responded "Amen.")

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Thanks Onsdag for pointing me to this talk. I found it online and copied the whole thing.

The internet has been a great blessing when it comes to studying the gospel.
Onsdag wrote:Another witness for a second civil war.

This talk by John Taylor prophesies of another coming civil war here in America that will be worse than the first. I included only a portion of the talk - wherein he talks of a second civil war.

DISCOURSE BY PRESIDENT JOHN TAYLOR.
Delivered at the General Conference, Held in the Tabernable [sic]
Salt Lake City, Oct. 6th, 1879.
(Reported by Geo. F. Gibbs.)
THE WORK OF GOD CANNOT BE HINDERED--THE UNITED STATES TO BE AFFLICTED BY JUDGMENT.

Need we be surprised that people should feel inimical to the Gospel
of Jesus Christ? No. Need we be surprised that men, as the scriptures
say, "should wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived?" No. We
have preached it--I have preached it upwards of forty years in this nation
and in other nations. Need we be surprised that they should trample under
foot the Constitution of the United States? No; Joseph Smith told us that
they would do it. Many around me here knew long ago that they would do
this thing and further knew that the last people that should be found to
rally around that sacred instrument and save it from the grasp of
unrighteous men would be the Elders of Israel! When, therefore, we see
these things progressing need we be astonished? I do not think we need
be. Some of our people you know, who are a little shaky and get how? Why
a little astride of the fence, and say "good Lord and good devil," not
knowing into whose hands they will fall; when they see some of these
things transpiring they are filled with amazement; but men who understand
themselves, and who are in possession of the gift of the Holy Ghost and
the Spirit of the living God, are looking for such things and they are not
at all surprised. Were we surprised when the last terrible war took place
here in the United States? No; good Latter-day Saints were not, for they
had been told about it. Joseph Smith had told them where it would start,
that it should be a terrible time of bloodshed and that it should start in
South Carolina. But I tell you today the end is not yet. You will see
worse things than that, for God will lay his hand upon this nation, and
they will feel it more terribly than ever they have done before; there
will be more bloodshed, more ruin, more devastation than never they have
seen before. Write it down! You will see it come to pass; it is only
just starting in.
And would you feel to rejoice? No; I would feel sorry.
I knew very well myself when this last war was commencing, and could have
wept and did weep, over this natiou [sic]; but there is yet to come a
sound of war, trouble and distress, in which brother will be arrayed
against brother, father against son, son against father, a scene of
desolation and destruction that will permeate our land until it will be a
vexation to hear the report thereof.
Would you help to bring it about?
No, I would not; I would stop it if I could. I would pour in the oil and
the wine and balm and try to lead people in the right path that will be
governed by it, but they won't. Our Elders would do the same, and we are
sending them forth doing all that we can, selecting the very best men we
can put our hands upon--men of faith, men of honor, men of integrity--to
go forth to preach the Gospel to this nation and to other nations. And
how do they receive them? Not long ago they killed one and mobbed others.
Well, we cannot help that. They are in the dark; they do not realize the
position they occupy; they know not what spirit they are of. But it is
our duty to have our bowells [sic] full of compassion extended to them, to
send forth the massage [sic] of life. But when our Elders go among these
people they have to take their lives in their hands and trust in the
living God. Nevertheless, we need not be afraid, we need not be troubled
about any of these matters. "Fear not them which kill the body, but are
not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy
both soul and body in hell." Yea, I say unto you fear Him; and we feel
to-day, while we would submit to every ordinance of man that is just,
equitable and right, observe every law and interfere with no man's rights,
we are not ignorant of the fact that it is unjust for legislatures and
courts to make and enforce laws to entrap and destroy us; that a
magnanimous and just government would protect all its citizens; but we
feel, at the same time, that the Lord is our God, the Lord is our judge,
the Lord is our Law-giver, the Lord is our King, and he shall rule over
us; and all that feel like saying that say Amen. (The vast congregation
responded "Amen.")

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Here is a link to the whole thing http://jod.mrm.org/20/316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FreedomWorks
captain of 50

Post by FreedomWorks »

Canada Free Press writer says Obama trying to trigger the very war Joseph prophesied.

See: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/46516