Accounts of the prophecy of Pres. George A Smith

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Accounts of the prophecy of Pres. George A Smith

Post by A Random Phrase »

That scenario makes sense.

Sam_I_Am
captain of 10

Post by Sam_I_Am »

During the last debate Romney mentioned a couple of time that he would hold China accountable and classify them as a currency manipulator, and I immediately thought of this prophecy. Perhaps if Romney does win the presidency, China and/or Russia, knowing they will not be able to control the White House, will attack prior to him taking office just as this prophecy predicts. Hmmm.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

More insight, Sam_I_Am. Thanks.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Sam_I_Am, A Random Phrase,

We can be sure that 95% of the «prophecy» (mes amis, I can not classify it as a prophecy) will come to pass. One thing I learned from my past is that if you want to fool the russian FSB or the cuban secret services you have to mingle a lot of truths with one small lie (to fool the CIA these days, anything goes :) ).

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

DrJones wrote:The email I referred to was from Dan Lambson in our ward, and cites a source at the AVOW forum (which is a membership-only forum).

I could not find the statement yet at the AVOW forum and tire of searching... there is a lot written on this prophecy. This was interesting from Jake in Clinton, Utah (last name not given):
Ok so I just talked with my dad, and today he made a personal phone call to David Horne, the author of the statement that claims that the Nuclear War would start during the administration of a "Greek" president. What Brother Horne said was shocking: the Greek president part of the transcript was false. He said that was what he remembered, but when he ran it by his older brother, who was also present during the prophecy, he said that was not correct. He then went on do say that the word that Pres. Smith used to describe this president was different, that both him and his brother remembered it, and that he would not release it.
Still second or third hand -- perhaps someone will give a phone call to David Horne??

David Hughes Horne, P.E. at Laird Way Salt Lake City...............Phone # 801 583-1776

jcricket6048
captain of 100

Post by jcricket6048 »

Sam_I_Am wrote:During the last debate Romney mentioned a couple of time that he would hold China accountable and classify them as a currency manipulator, and I immediately thought of this prophecy. Perhaps if Romney does win the presidency, China and/or Russia, knowing they will not be able to control the White House, will attack prior to him taking office just as this prophecy predicts. Hmmm.
Ok so what if Romney does not win the presidency now what? :ymsigh:

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

jcricket6048 wrote:Ok so what if Romney does not win the presidency now what? :ymsigh:
The United States will be in such a frail state that the work of destruction would be already done for the russians and the chinese. ;-)

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Still no visible preparations of the public opinion for war at Pravda.ru. I'll report back after the result of the elections is known.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

This is very interesting. You all did not mention a few things that I will now take the liberty to mention. I had read this in a book titled "The Dispensation of the Fullness of Times" by Craig R. Dunn who refencedit from David H. Hornes account. He also referenced another book called "America's Coming Crisis" by David M. Balmforth. In the appendix of the 1st book I mentioned are two other visions that coincide with the account of President G.A. Smith. One is a vision of Gen. George Washington of this same war and another from the vision of John Taylor. In W. Cleon Skousen's recently released book, "The Cleansing of America" is yet another vision of these times from Patriarch Charles D. Evans. So to refute all of these whitnesses would be a mistake in my opinion. On the subject of Greek ancestry, never did the prophesy say ancestry, but an extraction, which leads me to believe the President would be of a mixed blood and not pure greek. We won't know for sure what Obama is because none of it has been released. What was said, according to David Hornes, was this President would be THE FIRST president who did not directly descend from the British or N. European Ancestry. That he would sign missile treaties with the Russians, try to take away Americans firearms and start WWIII. Let me go back then to the S.T.A.R.T. treaty that was signed about two years ago and missiles being withdrawn from Poland at the protest of the Polish Gov. that government all died in a plane crash and since has been replaced by a pro-withdrawl government now ruling Poland. The Russians coincidentally enough offered the Poles assistance in the investigation of that crash, which by the way happened during the anniversary of Russian atrocities against the Poles during WWII. Obama afterward gave to the Russians all the codes to the Nuclear warheads possesed by England. Then you had the microphone incident where he promised the Former Russian Pres. more leaway or "flexability" would come after the elections, when he, Obama, would be RE-ELECTED. Now you have Russian Spaz Naz troops training on our soil?!? China by the way doesn't need to be in Mexico. They already have been given the means to be here a long time ago when Clinton didn't re-new the lease for the Panama Canal Zone. China got that one on a silver platter. Back to the present.... Syria, Libya, Turkey.... the Arab Spring all through the middle east! Anybody read Ezekiel 38 lately? Gog (the Leader of Russia) Magog (the Armies of Russia) along with Gomer (Turkey) Libya, Ethiopia, Persia (Iran), Egypt ect. ect. ect. WWIII has already begun. The big push is going to happen very soon towards a nuclear holocaust in which, to quote G.A. Smith, "Many will die like flies." And Israel will be in the middle of it all. But hey, what do I know. I didn't even mention the proposed UN weapons treaties or the NDAA Act, all perpetrated by this the first president not from the Northern European or British Ancestry. Coinsidences? I don't believe in coinsidences.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Bgood wrote:
DrJones wrote:The email I referred to was from Dan Lambson in our ward, and cites a source at the AVOW forum (which is a membership-only forum).

I could not find the statement yet at the AVOW forum and tire of searching... there is a lot written on this prophecy. This was interesting from Jake in Clinton, Utah (last name not given):
Ok so I just talked with my dad, and today he made a personal phone call to David Horne, the author of the statement that claims that the Nuclear War would start during the administration of a "Greek" president. What Brother Horne said was shocking: the Greek president part of the transcript was false. He said that was what he remembered, but when he ran it by his older brother, who was also present during the prophecy, he said that was not correct. He then went on do say that the word that Pres. Smith used to describe this president was different, that both him and his brother remembered it, and that he would not release it.
Still second or third hand -- perhaps someone will give a phone call to David Horne??

David Hughes Horne, P.E. at Laird Way Salt Lake City...............Phone # 801 583-1776

Last year I visited the church historina's library to read Pres. Smith's journal to see what he had written about it but the staff knew nothing about it. I then discussed it with Leonard , former Chruch Historian, who said, "I have never heard of it." Problem with this vision is the Church does't appear to have any document that Pres. Smith left..........

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

BGood,

That is strange! Such a vision, and the impressions thereof, would most certainly be written down in Pres. Smith's journal.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

That's strange, somehow my account got deleted and my post here from a few days ago has disappeared. Here are the links from "Pravda" that I posted earlier:

http://www.pravda.ru/world/northamerica ... fedorov-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the same page in English:

http://english.pravda.ru/world/americas ... rld_war-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, it does look like there's been some preparations of the public opinion at "Pravda". And the same kind of "preparations" are being done by RT (Russia Today network):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSkpJogn ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

America in the Prophecy of Isaiah

Part 1: http://www.mormonchronicle.com/america- ... ah-part-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 2: http://www.mormonchronicle.com/america- ... ah-part-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

francisco.colaco wrote:I'll report back after the result of the elections is known.
Please do.

Benjamin Harrison, thank you for your post. Multiple witnesses helps a great deal.

My experience with prophecies is that we don't necessarily recognize we are in them until after the fact. We seem to be rather blind as to where we actually fit in when it comes to scriptures and prophecies.

I'm wondering if such a thing would be written in GAS' journal - especially one he had to turn over to the church. Perhaps it was a spur of the moment discussion, as the Spirit descended upon him. Perhaps he intended to write it later, but never did. Perhaps he felt he ought not write it down. To deny the revelation's existence based upon no mention of it in his papers is lacking, imo. I am a compulsive writer. I write journals, thoughts, often when I study scriptures, in church, etc. yet I have not written all of the spiritual conversations I've had with others. And he was, in my understanding, speaking to his descendants, not to the church as a whole. Perhaps he felt that such a thing was not appropriate for public "consumption".

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Could the «non-greek» word, unpronounced by the two brothers, be the word <i>negro</i>, back then said with no special prejudice?

Being the account of this prophecy true to the original, having not the author lied (I am sure he didn't), and being the said accoint textually what was said, it's fulfillment is now or never:

1) This is the last chance to elect a member of the priesthood to the White House. If Mitt doesn't get it, no other LDS will be in line to succeed him in 2016. Remember, the first non-european president in Obama, unless the half-side of his mother makes him an european.
2) Only the defeat of Obama now, not in 2016, when Obama would be inellegible for another term, would prompt an expressive black minority to riot and try to dessecrate the Salt Lake Temple (that is another matter from another apocryphal <i>prophecy</i>).

However, the timings are wrong:

1) Is there time to take away the missiles?
2) Is there time to surge the membership of the Church, as it was said before? An LDS as president of the United States would certainly make the «mormon moment». There is just not time to make the most of a mormon moment and the exposure thereof, if the president does not even get to be inaugurated.
3) Is there time to open the one or two Christian countries without missionaries (Cuba and maybe Belarus)?

Remember, being this prophecy true ad lettera, then Romney will not be inaugurated before the election. If he loses the election, then the possibilities of riots in 2016 (which would paralise or occupy the military, granting the opportunity to attack) are much less than in 2012. Besides, why is the Church asking for MORE missionaries when their missions would be utterly impossible due to the short time to get them trained and out the door?

This brings me more questions than answers. Tough.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

francisco.colaco wrote:BGood,

That is strange! Such a vision, and the impressions thereof, would most certainly be written down in Pres. Smith's journal.
Last year I visited the church historina's library to read Pres. Smith's journal to see what he had written about it but the staff knew nothing about it. I then discussed it with Leonard , former Chruch Historian, who said, "I have never heard of it." Problem with this vision is the Church does't appear to have any document that Pres. Smith left..........

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

BGood,

I had noticed (how not to notice?) your message before.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

More on "public opinion":

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20121101/177111501.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

nn35

I went to Pravda, after what you have posted from Novosti, and yes, they are now preparing the public opinion. Go to the english section (you can change the english language right at the Pravda.ru logo) and read the first two articles.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

Yes, there's been propaganda on both fronts. History repeats itself, doesn't it? I've just been listening to Cleon Skousen's address. It's amazing, almost as if he's speaking to us today:

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/fi ... reedom.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Joel Skousen and Axelson are the prototype of the people that get their monthly allowance by instilling fear and distrust on the law from people. To those people, an half truth is still a valid truth, if it serves their cause (and they are well counterparted at theliberal side by such people as Joe «back in chains» Biden).

However you debunk those people, there will be people that choose to be illuded, no matter what. They will willingly believe in six thousand year creationism, flat earth, hollow earth, UFO man made, UFO alien made, governmental conspiracies, that the man never went on the moon, FEMA work camps, you name the rest. Against all scientific evidence. I can't really blame them, since people like Axelson can be quite persuasive and the american people does live quite a bit centred on themselves, and prefers to believe blindly on Corihor.

At the least I have to praise Dr. Jones, who will use scientific and technical arguments (with which I do not concur) to affirm that the two towers were not destroyed by the plane crash alone. «Because Infowars said so» is not a valid reason in my book.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

This prophesy was given in private at a family home evening and was meant for the ears of those present. Another person familiar with the vision was going up to the pulpit to greet President Smith at the finish of conference and over heard him say, as he was looking over the congregation, "they will die like flies." I am not sure you are going to find it in the church history library as I have tried to find it there as well. There is also Isaiah 19. another reference to this time if you compare Egypt with America. At that time a foreign black pharoah had taken over power in Egypt, named Tarhaka. This was the first time any Pharoah had been considered black or even foreign. This Pharoah was given poor advice from his counselors advising him to ignore the forefathers of Egypt, stating that they new better than their ancestors did. This led to an economic collapse werein neither rich nor poor had any work to do. This led to civil war and eventually an invasion from Assyria. The Lord states in this chapter His reasons for smiting Egypt. It was to heal it. This chapter sounds all too familiar with things I have read about last days America, and even if GA Smiths proghesy isn't accurate it sure resembles many events in our time that have occured in our day and are occuring as I have previously stated in another thread and on this one. Only one way to find out. Pray about it sincerely, having faith in Christ, and He will manifest the truth of it unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Another thought is that the Lord specifically directs his prophets to not write or say certain things to the people in order to try their faith. 3 Ne.26:6-11, 2 Ne.32:7, and Joseph Smith also stated once that if he told the church all things that had been revealed to him, they would rise up in rebellion against him and seek to take his life. And they did, without him telling them all things.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Benjamin Harrison,

I have read the text thrice and nothing tells us that the invasion of the United States is at the time of the attack. Reformulating the timeline I gave above, the sequence of events could be:

November,
1) Romney wins the elections by a slim margin; (very likely)
2) Riots break out, starting in Chicago, the constituency of Obama, and visibly targeted at the Latter Day Saints buildings and membership. (likely)
3) An overlook followed by an unusually harsh response from the authorities turns the eyes of the world into the US; (here I am speculating, but not without reason)

December-January:
1) Gangs take greater power in the city centers; (likely, these were already identified as part of the Gadianton robbers of today)
2) A possible false flag attack (I don't know of it is or not) will deflagrate nukes in Northern Utah, possibly during Christmas or New Year's Eve.
3) Being this unexpected by the perpretators of the attack, hell breaks loose and the senate is suspended. The new president does not get to be inaugurated IN WASHINGTON, but somewhere else, preserving the constitution.

In the course of the following few years (one or two):
1) Concerned with the ownership of the nuclear weapons in the United States, other nations (Europe will be decadent by then and with it's share of problems) will first seal the US by north (Canada) and south (Mexico).
2) Later in time they invade. The missionaries are called from the field during the height of the tensions, just before the invasion.
3) Meantime, the Church grows inside and outside the United States to reach a membership of about 60-100 million.

This is the only way I can see to conciliate the said prophecy of George Albert Smith with all the pronouncements of Orson Pratt and Joseph Smith.

Now, concerning this hopefully correct prophecy: it's fulfilment is either now or never. There will be no LDS candidacy four years from now (at the least nothing in the horizon).

I have had some doubts about it's application in a time the Church will grow so much. But as the invasion may be retarded from the first nuke, then it kinds of fit in. If Obama wins the elections or riots do not break out, of course George Albert Smith is not to blame, but some detail that was missing in the account. I just work with the account we have and the additions from the author related here, in the forum.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I was reading about Hurricane Sandy and read that the people could not defend themselves against looters, robbers, and thieves in New York because they did not have guns. It is illegal in New York to own a gun. Does this not count as "taking the guns away from the American people" even though not the whole country has experienced this . . . yet?