Quetion about the 144000

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
jdtech
captain of 100

Quetion about the 144000

Post by jdtech »

Hello all...I'm new here, but I have really enjoyed what I have read so far.

I have a question that perhaps someone here can answer. While reading recently in Revelations, I realized something interesting about the 144000...

In Revelations 7:4 it says: "And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."

The Lord revealed more information about this group in D&C 77:11 when he said:
"Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn."

So...the 144000 are High Priests who are to preach the gospel to all the earth. As indicated in another thread, Joseph Smith also said the following:

Quote:
HC, J SMITH 6:196

I attended prayer-meeting with the quorum in the assembly room, and made some remarks respecting the hundred and forty-four thousand mentioned by John the Revelator, showing that the selection of persons to form that number had already commenced.

So...we know that the 144000 will be High Priests and that they have been / are being selected to go preach the gospel. My question relates to what John says later in Revelations 14:1-4

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

In Summary, the 144000:
Are High Priests
Are to Preach the gospel
Are currently being chosen / have been chosen
Are Virgins

I don't know about anyone here, but in my LDS world all the High Priests I know are married men...and none of the young missionaries we have are High Priests....

Is this group of High Priests being virgins then merely symbolic? Are there two different groups? Something else?

I'd love to read your thoughts :)

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Re: Quetion about the 144000

Post by Rensai »

jdtech wrote: I don't know about anyone here, but in my LDS world all the High Priests I know are married men...and none of the young missionaries we have are High Priests....

Is this group of High Priests being virgins then merely symbolic? Are there two different groups? Something else?

As you've already noted, the description for the 144,000 does not fit anything we know of on the earth today for several reasons. Off the top of my head, aside from being virgins, they must be selected as a group, 12,000 from each tribe at a massive meeting (see Rev 7). Second, their mission is "to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn." The church of the firstborn is NOT the LDS church, it is those people who's calling and election has been made sure, so us regular LDS members will be included in their missionary work so we can hopefully be among those brought into the church of the firstborn. Even with as little as we know about the 144,000 its pretty safe to say they have not started their mission yet.

What I find most interesting about them is that their mission takes place in the 7th seal and in fact they will eventually stand with Christ on mount Sion, yet Joseph Smith says the selection of the 144,000 had already commenced in his day. I can only think of a couple ways for that to all be true. Either the 144,000 are translated or resurrected beings that have been preparing for at least the last couple hundred years, or the selection is taking place in heaven among the unborn spirits still waiting to come to earth. I want to lean toward the latter, but Orson Pratt said:
JD, O PRATT 18:25
How long will they who come from the north countries tarry in the heights of Zion? Sometime. They have got to raise wheat, cultivate the grape, wine and oil, raise flocks and herds, and their souls will have to become as a watered garden. They will dwell in Zion a good while, and during that time, there will be twelve thousand chosen out of each of these ten tribes, besides twelve thousand that will be chosen from Judah, Joseph, and the remaining tribes, one hundred and forty-four thousand in all. Chosen for what? To be sealed in their foreheads. For what purpose? So that the power of death and pestilence and plague that will go forth in those days sweeping over the nations of the earth will have no power over them. These parties who are sealed in their foreheads will go forth among all people, nations and tongues, and gather up and hunt out the house of Israel, wherever they are scattered, and bring as many as they possibly can into the Church of the first-born, preparatory to the great day of the coming of the Lord. One hundred and forty-four thousand missionaries! Quite a host. All this has got to take place. There are persons in this congregation who will be in the midst of Zion, when the ten tribes come to Zion from the north countries, and will assist in bestowing the blessings promised by the Almighty upon the heads of the tribes of Israel. There are servants of God in the midst of this congregation who will lay their hands upon many of each of these twelve thousand, chosen out of the ten tribes, and set them apart as missionaries to visit the nations of the earth and hunt up the remnants of the seed of Jacob.
This quote clearly implies that resurrected beings will be among us at this time and will be involved in setting apart the 144,000. It does not say the 144,000 themselves will be resurrected beings, but it certainly seems like a possibility given they will be set apart by resurrected beings.

My own opinion currently is that Revelations 7 is describing a heavenly meeting and the 144,000 have been/are being selected. When the ten tribes return, they will be present and will start their mission soon after.

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

Here is just some food for thought: Joseph Smith said while speaking of the seventy and their numbers, "Until, if needs be, they set apart seven times seventy, and even until there are one hundred and forty-four thousand thus set apart for the ministry" (TPJS 74).

Also, when I read President Boyd K. Packer's talk "Fledgling Finches and Family Life," he goes into detail about the seventies and how they've changed over the years and considers it a pattern. Check it out. I'm not saying there is anyting to Joseph' quote or President Packer's insertion of the seventy in the above named talk, but it got me thinking nonetheless, knowing especially that President Packer teaches in parables and includes things in his talks that most won't get. The quote is below. Again, I'm not saying there is anything to this, but something to chew on. Also, it may be better to read the whole talk and get it in the proper context.

Pattern in All Things
Do we need any more evidence to understand that we are at war with the adversary? The revelations teach us how to win this spiritual war:
And again, I will give unto you a pattern in all things, that ye may not be deceived; for Satan is abroad in the land, and he goeth forth deceiving the nations—
Wherefore he that prayeth, whose spirit is contrite, the same is accepted of me if he obey mine ordinances. [D&C 52:14–15]

The Seventy
The Lord called 70 men and sent them forth. He gave them authority to teach and instruct and combat the forces of evil. These Seventies returned, and the New Testament says they marveled “with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name” (Luke 10:17).
And the Lord replied, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19).
We have the names of these Seventies who were called at the time of Christ. Stephen, the martyr, was one of the Seventy, and Nicanor, who also died when Stephen was martyred, was a Seventy.4
Much has been done to prepare the Church and its members to resist the forces of evil. We live in a day of revealed direction. I have been witness as a General Authority to changes that were revealed from time to time in order that the Lord might better edify His children.
For example, when I first came into these circles of the Church there were seven Presidents of the Seventy. They were the First Council of Seventy, the seven of them, and other seventies were in stakes. That pattern of organization served its purpose for a time. As the Church began to grow and move abroad, more Quorums of Seventy were required to minister to branches and wards and stakes and missions across the globe. And much has been changed over the years. The seventies in the stake quorums have been discontinued. Instead, there are now eight Quorums of Seventy with 85 General Authority Seventies and 218 Area Seventies assigned to the work. Each of the Seventy has had conferred upon him the apostolic authority.
The role of the Seventy is to instruct and edify the leaders and members of the Church and to build up and strengthen fathers and mothers in their sacred role as parents and leaders in the home. They strengthen the parents, including single mothers who need and deserve the watch-care that they can receive.
The Seventy go where the Twelve, limited by their number, cannot. Seventies are scattered across the world, as they were in the early days of the Church. When you look at the map of the world and where they are, it is dotted with the Seventies who are now serving.
One who holds the office of Apostle, Seventy, patriarch, high priest, or elder carries the consummate priesthood authority held on the earth—the Melchizedek Priesthood or “the priesthood . . . after the holiest order of God” (D&C 84:18).

Here is a quote I found on this forum from someone who allegedly met with Herschel Pedersen, I just typed his name in, in the search box. People in Utah county probably know who Herschel is, or at least have heard of him. Now this may not be a legit quote, I can't back it up, but it's interesting nonetheless. And even if he did say it, doesn't mean he's right. The quote follows, it's someone asking Herschel about the 144,000, " Oh yeah... I almost forgot. I never knew who the 144,000 are. They are the seventies. Aren’t there 7 quorums of Seventies currently? So are the 144,000 being chosen… they have been in the process of being selected for quite some time. (144,000 also include the Temple Presidencies if I recall correctly)"

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

The 144,000 will be involved in the last call to the human race to repent and be born again in the true sense. I agree with Rensai that the calling, selection and preparation has already taken place in the spirit world. This has taken place in the 6th Seal. Their mission to the whole earth will take place during the Seventh Seal.

The fact that Joseph Smith said that their mission is to call as many as will come to the Church of the Firstborn is proof that this is not a select group of people who have had their calling and election made sure but it is the body of the true converts who come into the earthly church with sincerity and conviction and who are truly born again. They go on to receive all of the ordinances and blessings of the church but it is their spiritual standing which qualifies them as the Church of the Firstborn.

A good example of why outward performance means nothing is in the Salt Lake Tribune right now. Priesthood leader, father, sealed and endowed, respected and loved by all...and liked to intimately touch teenage girls who visited his home. All of the ordinances, service, callings meant nothing. They in fact condemn him to a worse fate
that if he hadn't known the gospel. 15 years in prison will not make it easy to rehabilitate himself.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints consists of two groups of people. The truly converted who walk with Christ who are the Church of the Firstborn - and everybody else who think it's all about how you appear to your neighbour and community that counts.

The 144,000 will invite the human race one last time to repent and be truly converted and to come to the Church of the Firstborn. Just going through the motions of joining the church but to remain spiritually unchanged does not qualify you for the Church of the Firstborn.

Their mission will be unique in that they will pass through towns and cities and literally raise the warning voice to all. They must be pure and holy as they will be endowed with power to protect them from the wickedness, plagues and destruction that will surround them. This will be mankinds last call to repentance before the Millenial reign of Christ begins. :D

jdtech
captain of 100

Post by jdtech »

Thank you for the response. Certainly some things to consider as I continue my study of latter-day events.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

maybe every 18yr old gets ordained a high priest and called on a mission
thats gonna find 40-80,000 world wide
then narrowed back to 70,000.
i can't find the other 74,000 though

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

What I find most interesting about them is that their mission takes place in the 7th seal and in fact they will eventually stand with Christ on mount Sion, yet Joseph Smith says the selection of the 144,000 had already commenced in his day. I can only think of a couple ways for that to all be true. Either the 144,000 are translated or resurrected beings that have been preparing for at least the last couple hundred years, or the selection is taking place in heaven among the unborn spirits still waiting to come to earth. I want to lean toward the latter, but Orson Pratt said:
The calling and setting apart of the 144,000 is a 6th seal event. They may preach into the 7th seal but the call/ordination is 6th seal event.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

jdtech wrote: In Summary, the 144000:
Are High Priests
Are to Preach the gospel
Are Virgins

I don't know about anyone here, but in my LDS world all the High Priests I know are married men...and none of the young missionaries we have are High Priests....

A missionary buddy of mine pointed this same thing out to me. His conclusion was that if you never have sexual relations outside of married, get sealed to your wife, and only have sex with her, the sealing power somehow retains your virginity state. Yea, yea, I know, by definition, having sex means you loose your virginity. But that's the corrupt way the world has perverted sex and virginity. From the Lord's viewpoint, being of one flesh, and only one flesh, you are in a virgin state.
After "ponderizing" over this idea, I can buy into it.
Yep, that means that anyone that has sexual relations, of any kind, outside of marriage, will never be one of the 144,000. Because the end result is that they are not one flesh with their wife, and only their wife. Also, all those that are divorced and have sexual relations with someone that is not their first wife, will never be one of the 144,000. Because the end result is that they are more than one flesh.
Pretty harsh, huh? Then again, God doesn't settle for sloppy seconds.
Most people really don't like this concept. After "ponderizing" why, I came to conclude that it's because they are more than one flesh.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

This interpretation seems to ignore the Atonement. If we truly repent and are forgiven, the Lord no longer remembers our sin. So is it possible that someone whose wife turned against the gospel and left him, who eventually remarries, or who has sex before marriage and repents, could be restored to a virgin state? I say yes, but then again I expect the 144,000 will be young men of missionary age who are so righteous that they are called as high priests and set apart for this special work.

Doug Zimmer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Doug Zimmer »

We may be too embedded in the temporal when considering the term 'virgin'.

To be the "bride of Christ" we would need to be free from alligiancies that would spiritually contaminate us.

Constant repentance and introspective reexamination of our relationship to God are necessary to maintain the purity that virginity implies.

God must be our only foundation.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Doug Zimmer wrote: August 11th, 2019, 6:42 pm We may be too embedded in the temporal when considering the term 'virgin'.

To be the "bride of Christ" we would need to be free from alligiancies that would spiritually contaminate us.

Constant repentance and introspective reexamination of our relationship to God are necessary to maintain the purity that virginity implies.

Virgins are those who don't take part in the Whore/Babylon .

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 11th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Doug Zimmer wrote: August 11th, 2019, 6:42 pm We may be too embedded in the temporal when considering the term 'virgin'.

Considering most do participate or associate with Babylon in one form or another, the ones called may be the only true “virgin” ones left.

Lord of my dogs
captain of 100

Post by Lord of my dogs »

jdtech wrote: December 15th, 2010, 9:31 pm Hello all...I'm new here, but I have really enjoyed what I have read so far.

I have a question that perhaps someone here can answer. While reading recently in Revelations, I realized something interesting about the 144000...

In Revelations 7:4 it says: "And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."

"Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn."

So...the 144000 are High Priests who are to preach the gospel to all the earth. As indicated in another thread, Joseph Smith also said the following:

Quote:
HC, J SMITH 6:196

I attended prayer-meeting with the quorum in the assembly room, and made some remarks respecting the hundred and forty-four thousand mentioned by John the Revelator, showing that the selection of persons to form that number had already commenced.

So...we know that the 144000 will be High Priests and that they have been / are being selected to go preach the gospel. My question relates to what John says later in Revelations 14:1-4

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

In Summary, the 144000:
Are High Priests
Are to Preach the gospel
Are Virgins

I have heard it described that they are Virgin's to the Church of Christ, not converted from another belief system.

They will be married High Priests.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

I think there is a tie into the parable of the ten *virgins.*

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

I have not heard anything here that correctly reveals anything about the 144,000! Sorry... other than it will be 12,000 out of each tribe, and yes, they will be Translated.

They were selected from before the foundations of this earth.
They are not young men missionaries.
It does not matter as to their marriage status.
They will not be going out to preach the Gospel.
They will not need to hunt to find Yisraelites.
They will be set apart after what you call the Sixth Seal is opened.
They will gather the Elect from the four corners of the earth, on the final day.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

There are seven spiritual levels of mankind. The seven promises of overcoming to the seven angels of the church of asia are a progression towards godhood - clear as day. The dispensation align in reverse - a ladder back to God.

The time and season of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has aligned to the fifth level of mankind.

Level 4 (Levites) - Law of Obedience, Sacrifice
Level 5 (Ephraim) - Law of the Gospel (<-- "You are here" is what the temple endowment tells us)

We are anointed to become priests and priestesses, kings and queens and are told expressly we are not such yet. The priest/priestesses align to the law of Chastity and the kings/queens to the law of Consecration

Level 6 (Priests/Priestesses) - Law of Chastity
Level 7 (Kings/Queens) - Law of Consecration

The high priests are virgins because they have mastered the law of chastity - not until they overcome the law of the chastity do they have the name of the father sealed in their foreheads. The holy name of the father cannot exist in an unholy space - the mind. The law of chastity is a higher law. These men (and women) have made their minds holy. Our apostles are of this order of priests - for decades they've pleaded with us to avoid pornography which the saints have been susceptible too because the body of Eprhaim aligns to the fifth level.

Think of our name now and to which covenant it aligns. The two covenants and signs and tokens that follow align to the priests and then to the kings.

I agree with KoZ about the 144,000's primary duty being the gathering:

Men and angels are to be co-workers in bringing to pass this great work: and a Zion is to be prepared; even a New Jerusalem, for the elect that are to be gathered from the four quarters of the earth,6 and to be established an holy city: for the tabernacle of the Lord shall be with them. ~ Joseph Smith

I believe where two in the field and one is taken is about this sudden gathering. I believe 2 Esdras 13 indicates to whom Israel are gathered. As the fifth order of mankind's primary duty has been to preach the Gospel (Law of the Gospel) the next time and season aligns to the sixth order of mankind - the 144,000 - and the gathering of Israel and building of ZION. ZION is the pure in heart - they are of one heart and one mind - only those who have mastered the law of chastity will be able to persist in ZION - the remnant.

Luke 17 JST

36 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord, shall they be taken?

37 And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is gathered; or, in other words, whithersoever the saints are gathered, thither will the eagles be gathered together; or, thither will the remainder be gathered together.

38 This he spake, signifying the gathering of his saints; and of angels descending and gathering the remainder unto them; the one from the bed, the other from the grinding, and the other from the field, whithersoever he listeth.

39 For verily there shall be new heavens, and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

40 And there shall be no unclean thing; for the earth becoming old, even as a garment, having waxed in corruption, wherefore it vanisheth away, and the footstool remaineth sanctified, cleansed from all sin.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Alaris wrote: August 11th, 2019, 10:45 pm There are seven spiritual levels of mankind. The seven promises of overcoming to the seven angels of the church of asia are a progression towards godhood - clear as day. The dispensation align in reverse - a ladder back to God.

The time and season of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has aligned to the fifth level of mankind.

Level 5 (Ephraim) - Law of the Gospel (<-- "You are here" is what the temple endowment tells us)

We are anointed to become priests and priestesses, kings and queens and are told expressly we are not such yet. The priest/priestesses align to the law of Chastity and the kings/queens to the law of Consecration

The high priests are virgins because they have mastered the law of chastity - not until they overcome the law of the chastity do they have the name of the father sealed in their foreheads. The holy name of the father cannot exist in an unholy space - the mind. The law of chastity is a higher law. These men (and women) have made their minds holy. Our apostles are of this order of priests - for decades they've pleaded with us to avoid pornography which the saints have been susceptible too because the body of Eprhaim aligns to the fifth level.

Think of our name now and to which covenant it aligns. The two covenants and signs and tokens that follow align to the priests and then to the kings.

Men and angels are to be co-workers in bringing to pass this great work: and a Zion is to be prepared; even a New Jerusalem, for the elect that are to be gathered from the four quarters of the earth,6 and to be established an holy city: for the tabernacle of the Lord shall be with them. ~ Joseph Smith

I believe where two in the field and one is taken is about this sudden gathering. I believe 2 Esdras 13 indicates to whom Israel are gathered. As the fifth order of mankind's primary duty has been to preach the Gospel (Law of the Gospel) the next time and season aligns to the sixth order of mankind - the 144,000 - and the gathering of Israel and building of ZION. ZION is the pure in heart - they are of one heart and one mind - only those who have mastered the law of chastity will be able to persist in ZION - the remnant.

Luke 17 JST

37 And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is gathered; or, in other words, whithersoever the saints are gathered, thither will the eagles be gathered together; or, thither will the remainder be gathered together.

38 This he spake, signifying the gathering of his saints; and of angels descending and gathering the remainder unto them; the one from the bed, the other from the grinding, and the other from the field, whithersoever he listeth.

39 For verily there shall be new heavens, and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

40 And there shall be no unclean thing; for the earth becoming old, even as a garment, having waxed in corruption, wherefore it vanisheth away, and the footstool remaineth sanctified, cleansed from all sin.
A write up about what exactly the law of chastity is and what it means to have mastered it would be a good read if you feel you could put that together and share it.

ampeterlin
captain of 100

Post by ampeterlin »

There is another group who will be going out to preach to all nations, not the 144.
These people will be transformed, perhaps translated but I do not think so.
Many of these people know who they are, and think they are part of the 144, but perhaps it is connected, I have some thoughts on this.
This can be found in Revelation but is one of those points that is hidden for a reason, and is now coming to light. I believe for their protection.
Agreed with all above stating the Law of Chastity is holiness.

captain2211
Hi, I'm new.

Post by captain2211 »

Well...Every single quote, declaration, talk, or scripture is subject to interpretation.
There are things we know for sure about the 144 000...and things we interpret.
The 144 000 will be high priests. They will come from each tribe, meaning, from all over the nations of the current world (won't be solely americans...) and will be sealed in their foreheads...
Elder McConkie said that "they will be sealed up to eternal life, having their calling and election made sure".
During what we usually call the last supper, The Lord instituted 2 sacred ordinances. The first one, we all partake of it, being the sacrement. The second is the washing of feet.
Suffice to know, that this sacred ordinance is still practised today. And through it, the calling and election is made sure.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Virgin dosent = 144000, though, all 144000 are Virgins. We are all commanded to be Virgins, to not take part in the Whore.

This is what Jesus did.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

I would have to agree with this. The Lord uses the term virgin at times to mean those that do not fornicate with other gods, idols etc. They wait for Him! We should be looking at the 144,000 as undefined by the world or the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

MMbelieve wrote: August 11th, 2019, 8:12 pm
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 11th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Considering most do participate or associate with Babylon in one form or another, the ones called may be the only true “virgin” ones left.
To my understanding they are "chosen", not called.

Also, IMO, they will bring forth good fruit...meaning they will help their tribes become like Him. All of Zion has to be this way/one, or were not zion.

"Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen"

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

MMbelieve wrote: August 11th, 2019, 11:24 pm
Alaris wrote: August 11th, 2019, 10:45 pm There are seven spiritual levels of mankind. The seven promises of overcoming to the seven angels of the church of asia are a progression towards godhood - clear as day. The dispensation align in reverse - a ladder back to God.

Luke 17 JST

A write up about what exactly the law of chastity is and what it means to have mastered it would be a good read if you feel you could put that together and share it.
The laws are sequential in the temple. Obedience is first. This aligns to the third order of mankind and third Chakra which is the will Chakra. Sacrifice aligns to the fourth, heart Chakra and the fourth order of mankind or the levites.

The fifth order aligns to the fifth chakra or throat Chakra... The law of the gospel is one of speaking.

The sixth order... Chastity....the third eye chakra of "seeing"

The law of chastity as given in the temple may as well be a part of the law of obedience as the mandate is one of physical compliance. However, in the temple ceremony the order of prayer is given immediately after along with the law of consecration. If you recall only the purest of thoughts should exist in the prayer circle.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

jdtech wrote: December 15th, 2010, 9:31 pm

In Summary, the 144000:
Are High Priests
Are to Preach the gospel
Are Virgins
Here is my summary from D&C 77.
The 144,000 are/do;

1. High priests
2 Administer the everlasting gospel
3. Ordained by angels from every nation, kindred, tongue, and people
4. Their mission is to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn

The church of the Firstborn are the exalted saints in the Celestial Kingdom. Here are a few verses that make that clear.

71 And again, we saw the terrestrial world, and behold and lo, these are they who are of the terrestrial, whose glory differs from that of the church of the Firstborn who have received the fulness of the Father, even as that of the moon differs from the sun in the firmament.
(D&C 76:71)

94 They who dwell in his presence are the church of the Firstborn; and they see as they are seen, and know as they are known, having received of his fulness and of his grace;
(D&C 76:94)

The scriptures mention a few ways to gain membership:

Referring to those who come forth in the resurrection of the just, the Savior says:
53 And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.
54 They are they who are the church of the Firstborn.
(D&C 76:53–54)

67 These are they who have come to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of Enoch, and of the Firstborn.
(D&C 76:67)

3 Wherefore, I now send upon you another Comforter, even upon you my friends, that it may abide in your hearts, even the Holy Spirit of promise; which other Comforter is the same that I promised unto my disciples, as is recorded in the testimony of John.
4 This Comforter is the promise which I give unto you of eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom;
5 Which glory is that of the church of the Firstborn,
even of God, the holiest of all, through Jesus Christ his Son—
(D&C 88:3–5)

20 For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn.
(D&C 93:20–22)

In short, the 144,000 are missionaries for the Church of the Firstborn. Mortals gain entry into that church by receiving the Holy Spirit of Promise, having the calling and election made sure, or being begotten by Christ. I am not an expert on the subject, so I expect there to be some overlap between those three things.