Conceal Carry in Church??

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Conceal Carry in Church??

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:14 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:49 pm

I never said my ideas ...

The only honest thing you have said. That you never said your ideas. You never said your ideas because you have no ideas. Other than continuing your childish nonsense.
You haven't led me anywhere.
You have only told a lie and continued it. That being that you had some parking lot defense idea. Which you don't have.

You have giddied yourself with nothing for days with your nonsense and still can't admit the truth, that you have no concept of what could be done in the parking lot. You still haven't been able to concoct some scheme, even over several days now.

I guess you are just one of those people constitutionally incapable of being honest with yourself. Or others.
dc
See how you keep baiting me? Where's your manners and respect?
Last edited by freedomforall on May 8th, 2017, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:23 pm
brianj wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:19 pm
David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 7:57 am

Still not honest enough to admit that you had no such parking lot defense plan at all. Why not just be honest, and most of all honest with yourself.
dc
He just admitted that he does care. If he can care less that means his level of care is greater than zero. If he said he couldn't care less then he doesn't care.

As far as I'm concerned, the parking lot defense idea is silly nonsense. In every single ward I've been in there are people sitting in the foyers during sacrament meeting. These people would be all the early warning you need. If they see someone hostile approaching they can raise the alarm. If they are in their own world until hostile people enter the foyer, the sound of the foyer residents being shot would raise the alarm. Either way, if there are even half a dozen armed police officers and veterans in a sacrament meeting then there are enough people to cover each route of ingress to stop a massacre before it starts.
Okay a play on words. I'll give you that much. To be clear, I unequivocally do not care what he thinks I should provide or explain. Those with a closed mind can't be reasoned with or seem to have the ability to come to a middle ground resolution. Their minds appear to be stuck in a little box that they cannot get out of for reasoning through anything. They call names and use libel before the other person has any chance to lay out the whole plan/idea.
Similarly, some also say things are silly nonsense before thinking it through and coming up with a modified plan that does work. After all, we're dealing with the safety and welfare of men, women and children grouped in one location that could potentially get hurt. So I see no silliness in making plans that could keep people safer and providing them with a better sense of security.
Don't we agree that little kids and some wives would feel more secure knowing there are some caring men walking the halls in the church and also checking the parking lots watching for anything suspicious? I certainly believe so. Silly? I don't believe this for a moment.

I think Z2100 has given this some consideration just by the thoughts he expressed and is on the right track for a possible resolution.

Asking you to be honest is not libel. You obviously don't know what libel is.
How old are you anyway? You post like a young child.
dc
Insinuating I'm a drunkard, not sober, or sober enough, or that I am dishonest, or on LSD, or insane... among other things is libel, defamation and slander in written form for all to read. And you continue to bait me like a rat going after cheese.

Post like a young child and how old am I? Do you have something to hide that the rest of us should take precautions? Man I am glad I'm not in your ward.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

I've got to be honest, I think this whole discussion is an overzealous brouhaha and some of you guys probably watch too many action flicks. How many of you who want to, or do, carry in church feel that you should also carry in TEMPLES? Higher profile targets, after all.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 11:02 pm
David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:23 pm
brianj wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:19 pm

He just admitted that he does care. If he can care less that means his level of care is greater than zero. If he said he couldn't care less then he doesn't care.

As far as I'm concerned, the parking lot defense idea is silly nonsense. In every single ward I've been in there are people sitting in the foyers during sacrament meeting. These people would be all the early warning you need. If they see someone hostile approaching they can raise the alarm. If they are in their own world until hostile people enter the foyer, the sound of the foyer residents being shot would raise the alarm. Either way, if there are even half a dozen armed police officers and veterans in a sacrament meeting then there are enough people to cover each route of ingress to stop a massacre before it starts.
Okay a play on words. I'll give you that much. To be clear, I unequivocally do not care what he thinks I should provide or explain. Those with a closed mind can't be reasoned with or seem to have the ability to come to a middle ground resolution. Their minds appear to be stuck in a little box that they cannot get out of for reasoning through anything. They call names and use libel before the other person has any chance to lay out the whole plan/idea.
Similarly, some also say things are silly nonsense before thinking it through and coming up with a modified plan that does work. After all, we're dealing with the safety and welfare of men, women and children grouped in one location that could potentially get hurt. So I see no silliness in making plans that could keep people safer and providing them with a better sense of security.
Don't we agree that little kids and some wives would feel more secure knowing there are some caring men walking the halls in the church and also checking the parking lots watching for anything suspicious? I certainly believe so. Silly? I don't believe this for a moment.

I think Z2100 has given this some consideration just by the thoughts he expressed and is on the right track for a possible resolution.

Asking you to be honest is not libel. You obviously don't know what libel is.
How old are you anyway? You post like a young child.
dc
Insinuating I'm a drunkard, not sober, or sober enough, or that I am dishonest, or on LSD, or insane... among other things is libel, defamation and slander in written form for all to read. And you continue to bait me like a rat going after cheese.

Post like a young child and how old am I? Do you have something to hide that the rest of us should take precautions? Man I am glad I'm not in your ward.

I'd be glad to see you in our ward.
dc

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I think this thread is a perfect demonstration as to why only the Sisters should be packin'
reliefsocietybpackin.jpg
reliefsocietybpackin.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 762 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Surprise, surprise! Women can get down to business...with a little help from their hot leaded friend.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Sasquatch wrote: May 9th, 2017, 5:12 am I've got to be honest, I think this whole discussion is an overzealous brouhaha and some of you guys probably watch too many action flicks. How many of you who want to, or do, carry in church feel that you should also carry in TEMPLES? Higher profile targets, after all.
Um.... we had a visitor come to the Las Vegas Temple a couple years ago... came in thru the door, went into the little open air courtyard by the recommend desk, sat on a bench among the trees and vegetation, pulled out a gun and blew his brains out....

There is no news reported of bad things happening at LDS Temples.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wow! Lots of fighting over nothing. Someone had a good idea. Has merit. Someone disagreed. Okay. Let's just say, "I disagree." But fighting and calling names? And not letting the person who wants to stop fighting stop?

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

gkearney wrote: May 7th, 2017, 10:28 am
Elizabeth wrote: May 7th, 2017, 9:26 am In Australia, neither are allowed nor legal anywhere.
KurtTheMormon wrote: May 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm In the state of Utah one of the few illegal places to carry a gun is inside an LDS church.

I bring pepper spray instead.
It any church in Utah not just LDS ones.
No, it is only the LDS church. No other church has bothered to sign themselves to the statute.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

KurtTheMormon wrote: May 10th, 2017, 9:17 pm
gkearney wrote: May 7th, 2017, 10:28 am
Elizabeth wrote: May 7th, 2017, 9:26 am In Australia, neither are allowed nor legal anywhere.
KurtTheMormon wrote: May 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm In the state of Utah one of the few illegal places to carry a gun is inside an LDS church.

I bring pepper spray instead.
It any church in Utah not just LDS ones.
No, it is only the LDS church. No other church has bothered to sign themselves to the statute.

No, actually Kol Ami has also notified BCI. Whatever Kol Ami is. And I'm not saying I want to know what Kol Ami is.
dc