Conceal Carry in Church??

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Conceal Carry in Church??

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 7th, 2017, 4:52 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 7th, 2017, 11:07 am
gkearney wrote: May 7th, 2017, 10:28 am
Elizabeth wrote: May 7th, 2017, 9:26 am In Australia, neither are allowed nor legal anywhere.
It any church in Utah not just LDS ones.
This is when spit wads come in handy. Or even a pea shooter.

Maybe even a very nice wrist rocket:

Wrist Rocket.jpg

You are going to take a pea shooter to a gun fight? You are a real defense expert, aren't you!
dc
I'm merely thoroughly enjoying watching you have a panty twisting, emotional frustrating, heart wrenching, hissy fit style tantrum. :)) :)) :))
Temper Tantrum.jpg
Temper Tantrum.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

If you're planning on moving to UT, don't count on taking a gun to church...so you better get used to the idea of buying a pea shooter or mass producing some spit wads and purchasing a good wrist rocket. Perps out in the parking lot will be too afraid to enter the building when they see your wrist rocket at the ready.
Remember what the Scout motto is? That's right, Be Prepared.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Wrist Rocket.jpg

You are going to take a pea shooter to a gun fight? You are a real defense expert, aren't you!
dc
I'm merely thoroughly enjoying watching you have a panty twisting, emotional frustrating, heart wrenching, hissy fit style tantrum. :)) :)) :))

Temper Tantrum.jpg

If you're planning on moving to UT, don't count on taking a gun to church...so you better get used to the idea of buying a pea shooter or mass producing some spit wads and purchasing a good wrist rocket. Perps out in the parking lot will be too afraid to enter the building when they see your wrist rocket at the ready.

Now I'm wondering if you've been drinking or taking LSD.
First you imagine that I'm trying to influence you. Now you think I give a hoot about your silly ideas. Or your inability to post anything about your wild parking lot defense scheme.
Really amateur jokes. As they say, don't quit the day job.
And save your silly advice for someone who's interested in nonsense.
dc

You posted and posted and posted about how there has to be a defense in the parking lot. And then you began to think and realized you had no idea what this parking lot defense would be. You have thought of foxholes, but then realized that they were in Vietnam, maybe some "flash backs" or something.
Then realized that foxholes wouldn't do a lot of good in LDS meeting house parking lots.
But you aren't man enough, or sober enough, or adult enough to admit it.
So you clown around and come up with a ridiculous fantasy that I have thrown a temper tantrum.

All I asked you to do was outline this parking lot defense. And you still can't do that and aren't man enough to admit it.
Sad, not funny.

Fishwalker
captain of 50

Post by Fishwalker »

Most members of the church could find great benefit by reading the LDS Handbook #2:

21.2.4 Firearms
Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world. The carrying of lethal weapons, concealed or otherwise, within their walls is inappropriate except as required by officers of the law.

That being said, I know several people who carry everywhere, including church. But, most of them have some form of law enforcement or security guard training.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 7th, 2017, 8:57 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Wrist Rocket.jpg

dc

Temper Tantrum.jpg

Now I'm wondering if you've been drinking or taking LSD.
First you imagine that I'm trying to influence you. Now you think I give a hoot about your silly ideas. Or your inability to post anything about your wild parking lot defense scheme.
Really amateur jokes. As they say, don't quit the day job.
And save your silly advice for someone who's interested in nonsense.
dc

You posted and posted and posted about how there has to be a defense in the parking lot. And then you began to think and realized you had no idea what this parking lot defense would be. You have thought of foxholes, but then realized that they were in Vietnam, maybe some "flash backs" or something.
Then realized that foxholes wouldn't do a lot of good in LDS meeting house parking lots.
But you aren't man enough, or sober enough, or adult enough to admit it.
So you clown around and come up with a ridiculous fantasy that I have thrown a temper tantrum.

All I asked you to do was outline this parking lot defense. Coupled with insults and innuendo due to the fact you don't keep a civil tongue in your head. Don't agree? Just go back and see how many large red highlights I brought to light for others to read. You cannot deny it. And you truly expect me to respond with kindness after that? You must have a lot of nerve. And you still can't do that and aren't man enough to admit it.
Sad, not funny.
I don't have to justify myself to you. And at this point I could care less what you think I should provide or explain, either. You blew it!
Last edited by freedomforall on May 7th, 2017, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Fishwalker wrote: May 7th, 2017, 9:29 pm Most members of the church could find great benefit by reading the LDS Handbook #2:

21.2.4 Firearms
Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world. The carrying of lethal weapons, concealed or otherwise, within their walls is inappropriate except as required by officers of the law.

That being said, I know several people who carry everywhere, including church. But, most of them have some form of law enforcement or security guard training.
Do you mean "are officers of law" or just having had law enforcement/security guard training? There is a difference. I can see an officer of law carrying in church but not just anyone claiming to have had extensive training. Additionally, after a person has qualified for a CCW they should have enough common sense to not brandish a weapon anywhere. This is also illegal.
Both UT and OR, as well as others, are also open carry so a holstered gun in view is then legal even though there are some restrictions. It's better to have a CCW except in church by the sound of it.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

I think it is a great privilege and excellent security for responsible persons to conceal carry a weapon they are proficient at using for defence. I only wish we had this opportunity in Australia.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 7th, 2017, 10:06 pm

I don't have to justify myself to you. And at this point I could care less what you think I should provide or explain, either. You blew it!
[/quote]

Still not honest enough to admit that you had no such parking lot defense plan at all. Why not just be honest, and most of all honest with yourself.
dc

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Z2100 wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:14 pm The Lord protects us from any harm. Have you heard of any shooting/attacks at any LDS churches? The Lord will keep us safe from weirdos, until its time to let all Hell break loose.
Yep I have. Just because the PR arm of Salt Lake keeps a clamp on it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Besides, doesn't just have to be a shooting incident... a Molotov coctail or running down people by car in the parking lot...

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

JK4Woods wrote: May 8th, 2017, 3:25 pm
Z2100 wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:14 pm The Lord protects us from any harm. Have you heard of any shooting/attacks at any LDS churches? The Lord will keep us safe from weirdos, until its time to let all Hell break loose.
Yep I have. Just because the PR arm of Salt Lake keeps a clamp on it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Besides, doesn't just have to be a shooting incident... a Molotov coctail or running down people by car in the parking lot...

Wow. Then we are closer to the end of The Times of The Gentiles than I previously thought....

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 7:57 am

Still not honest enough to admit that you had no such parking lot defense plan at all. Why not just be honest, and most of all honest with yourself.
dc
He just admitted that he does care. If he can care less that means his level of care is greater than zero. If he said he couldn't care less then he doesn't care.

As far as I'm concerned, the parking lot defense idea is silly nonsense. In every single ward I've been in there are people sitting in the foyers during sacrament meeting. These people would be all the early warning you need. If they see someone hostile approaching they can raise the alarm. If they are in their own world until hostile people enter the foyer, the sound of the foyer residents being shot would raise the alarm. Either way, if there are even half a dozen armed police officers and veterans in a sacrament meeting then there are enough people to cover each route of ingress to stop a massacre before it starts.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

dc
[/quote]
Why? It's a lot more fun leading you around by the nose. Notice how you keep baiting me? Notice how you keep prodding me similar to a kid continually bugging his mother for a before dinner cookie?
If I told you my ideas now it would ruin the whole thing. My ideas now are on a need to know basis, and right now you don't need to know. I can forgive insults, but continued defamation and libel of my person and intelligence is too much and you will face God to answer for that. I would have thought your mommy would have taught you better manners than that back in the late 40's and early 50's. Thus I don't care to open up to more insults and libel against my person to appease you.

I never said my ideas were perfectly planned or could be perfectly implemented; I did say that they could be a great deterrent, which is an ounce of prevention vs nothing and sure fire helplessness and disaster.
Having said this, however, the plan has to be modified since guns are not allowed in church.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

JK4Woods wrote: May 8th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Shhh! Don't share this with ........., they could lose their cool and call you names.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:49 pm

I never said my ideas ...

The only honest thing you have said. That you never said your ideas. You never said your ideas because you have no ideas. Other than continuing your childish nonsense.
You haven't led me anywhere.
You have only told a lie and continued it. That being that you had some parking lot defense idea. Which you don't have.

You have giddied yourself with nothing for days with your nonsense and still can't admit the truth, that you have no concept of what could be done in the parking lot. You still haven't been able to concoct some scheme, even over several days now.

I guess you are just one of those people constitutionally incapable of being honest with yourself. Or others.
dc

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:19 pm

dc
He just admitted that he does care. If he can care less that means his level of care is greater than zero. If he said he couldn't care less then he doesn't care.

As far as I'm concerned, the parking lot defense idea is silly nonsense. In every single ward I've been in there are people sitting in the foyers during sacrament meeting. These people would be all the early warning you need. If they see someone hostile approaching they can raise the alarm. If they are in their own world until hostile people enter the foyer, the sound of the foyer residents being shot would raise the alarm. Either way, if there are even half a dozen armed police officers and veterans in a sacrament meeting then there are enough people to cover each route of ingress to stop a massacre before it starts.
Okay a play on words. I'll give you that much. To be clear, I unequivocally do not care what he thinks I should provide or explain.

Those with a closed mind can't be reasoned with or seem to have the ability to come to a middle ground resolution. Their minds appear to be stuck in a little box that they cannot get out of for reasoning through anything. They call names and use libel before the other person has any chance to lay out the whole plan/idea.

Similarly, some also say things are silly nonsense before thinking it through and coming up with a modified plan that does work. After all, we're dealing with the safety and welfare of men, women and children grouped in one location that could potentially get hurt. So I see no silliness in making plans that could keep people safer and providing them with a better sense of security. Don't we agree that little kids and some wives would feel more secure knowing there are some caring men walking the halls in the church and also checking the parking lots watching for anything suspicious? I certainly believe so. Silly? I don't believe this for a moment.

I think Z2100 has given this some consideration just by the thoughts he expressed and is on the right track for a possible resolution.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:23 pm

dc

Okay a play on words. I'll give you that much. To be clear, I unequivocally do not care what he thinks I should provide or explain. Those with a closed mind can't be reasoned with or seem to have the ability to come to a middle ground resolution. Their minds appear to be stuck in a little box that they cannot get out of for reasoning through anything. They call names and use libel before the other person has any chance to lay out the whole plan/idea.
Similarly, some also say things are silly nonsense before thinking it through and coming up with a modified plan that does work. After all, we're dealing with the safety and welfare of men, women and children grouped in one location that could potentially get hurt. So I see no silliness in making plans that could keep people safer and providing them with a better sense of security.
Don't we agree that little kids and some wives would feel more secure knowing there are some caring men walking the halls in the church and also checking the parking lots watching for anything suspicious? I certainly believe so. Silly? I don't believe this for a moment.

I think Z2100 has given this some consideration just by the thoughts he expressed and is on the right track for a possible resolution.

Asking you to be honest is not libel. You obviously don't know what libel is.
How old are you anyway? You post like a young child.
dc

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:14 pm
freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:49 pm

I never said my ideas ...

The only honest thing you have said. That you never said your ideas. You never said your ideas because you have no ideas. Other than continuing your childish nonsense.
You haven't led me anywhere.
You have only told a lie and continued it. That being that you had some parking lot defense idea. Which you don't have.

You have giddied yourself with nothing for days with your nonsense and still can't admit the truth, that you have no concept of what could be done in the parking lot. You still haven't been able to concoct some scheme, even over several days now.

I guess you are just one of those people constitutionally incapable of being honest with yourself. Or others.
dc
See how you keep baiting me? Where's your manners and respect?
Last edited by freedomforall on May 8th, 2017, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm

dc

Okay a play on words. I'll give you that much. To be clear, I unequivocally do not care what he thinks I should provide or explain. Those with a closed mind can't be reasoned with or seem to have the ability to come to a middle ground resolution. Their minds appear to be stuck in a little box that they cannot get out of for reasoning through anything. They call names and use libel before the other person has any chance to lay out the whole plan/idea.
Similarly, some also say things are silly nonsense before thinking it through and coming up with a modified plan that does work. After all, we're dealing with the safety and welfare of men, women and children grouped in one location that could potentially get hurt. So I see no silliness in making plans that could keep people safer and providing them with a better sense of security.
Don't we agree that little kids and some wives would feel more secure knowing there are some caring men walking the halls in the church and also checking the parking lots watching for anything suspicious? I certainly believe so. Silly? I don't believe this for a moment.

dc
Insinuating I'm a drunkard, not sober, or sober enough, or that I am dishonest, or on LSD, or insane... among other things is libel, defamation and slander in written form for all to read. And you continue to bait me like a rat going after cheese.

Post like a young child and how old am I? Do you have something to hide that the rest of us should take precautions? Man I am glad I'm not in your ward.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

I've got to be honest, I think this whole discussion is an overzealous brouhaha and some of you guys probably watch too many action flicks. How many of you who want to, or do, carry in church feel that you should also carry in TEMPLES? Higher profile targets, after all.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

freedomforall wrote: May 8th, 2017, 11:02 pm
David13 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm

dc
Insinuating I'm a drunkard, not sober, or sober enough, or that I am dishonest, or on LSD, or insane... among other things is libel, defamation and slander in written form for all to read. And you continue to bait me like a rat going after cheese.

Post like a young child and how old am I? Do you have something to hide that the rest of us should take precautions? Man I am glad I'm not in your ward.

I'd be glad to see you in our ward.
dc

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I think this thread is a perfect demonstration as to why only the Sisters should be packin'
reliefsocietybpackin.jpg
reliefsocietybpackin.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 757 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Surprise, surprise! Women can get down to business...with a little help from their hot leaded friend.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Sasquatch wrote: May 9th, 2017, 5:12 am I've got to be honest, I think this whole discussion is an overzealous brouhaha and some of you guys probably watch too many action flicks. How many of you who want to, or do, carry in church feel that you should also carry in TEMPLES? Higher profile targets, after all.
Um.... we had a visitor come to the Las Vegas Temple a couple years ago... came in thru the door, went into the little open air courtyard by the recommend desk, sat on a bench among the trees and vegetation, pulled out a gun and blew his brains out....

There is no news reported of bad things happening at LDS Temples.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wow! Lots of fighting over nothing. Someone had a good idea. Has merit. Someone disagreed. Okay. Let's just say, "I disagree." But fighting and calling names? And not letting the person who wants to stop fighting stop?

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Elizabeth wrote: May 7th, 2017, 9:26 am In Australia, neither are allowed nor legal anywhere.
KurtTheMormon wrote: May 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm In the state of Utah one of the few illegal places to carry a gun is inside an LDS church.

I bring pepper spray instead.
No, it is only the LDS church. No other church has bothered to sign themselves to the statute.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

KurtTheMormon wrote: May 10th, 2017, 9:17 pm
KurtTheMormon wrote: May 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm In the state of Utah one of the few illegal places to carry a gun is inside an LDS church.

I bring pepper spray instead.
No, it is only the LDS church. No other church has bothered to sign themselves to the statute.

No, actually Kol Ami has also notified BCI. Whatever Kol Ami is. And I'm not saying I want to know what Kol Ami is.
dc