North Korea

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

North Korea

Post by Z2100 »

I've thought about this for some time:

North Korea will collapse from war from Russia, the U.S, China, and SK in the Korean War of '17-'19. The peoples will be liberated from the regime and the gospel will come forth into the Unified Korea. Three things that I think will happen as a result of this:

1. Missionaries will travel to North Korea and convert thousands (or millions?)

2. Missionaries will be able got to other countries with no LDS and missionary presence

3. The Times of The Gentiles will soon be over after enough people in NK are converted

If this happens in the next 1-3 years. I'd be blessed to served my mission among the oppressed peoples (even though It will be a P.I.T.B).

What are your thoughts on this?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: North Korea

Post by kittycat51 »

Z2100 have you reincarnated yourself from Zion 2080? Just curious :-?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kittycat51 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 10:06 am Z2100 have you reincarnated yourself from Zion 2080? Just curious :-?

Who's Zion 2080?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:-\ :-\ :-\
Z2100 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 7:19 am (even though It will be a P.I.T.B).

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Elizabeth wrote: April 21st, 2017, 1:08 pm :-\ :-\ :-\
Z2100 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 7:19 am (even though It will be a P.I.T.B).

pain the the booty

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Z2100 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 7:19 am I've thought about this for some time:

North Korea will collapse from war from Russia, the U.S, China, and SK in the Korean War of '17-'19. The peoples will be liberated from the regime and the gospel will come forth into the Unified Korea. Three things that I think will happen as a result of this:

2. Missionaries will be able got to other countries with no LDS and missionary presence

3. The Times of The Gentiles will soon be over after enough people in NK are converted

If this happens in the next 1-3 years. I'd be blessed to served my mission among the oppressed peoples (even though It will be a P.I.T.B).

Why so much importance placed on North Korea?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Meili wrote: April 21st, 2017, 4:38 pm

Why so much importance placed on North Korea?

It just seems like North Korea will end-up changing the world in many ways in the near future.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I don't think so. Look what happened with the USSR and East Germany. I don't think the people are anywhere near ready, either. The Soviets had lots of cracks in their society, and got a first-hand taste of communism failure. Unless NK gets that, I don't think there will be lots of converts, especially so fast.

China, on the other hand, might. They have had cracks all throughout for decades.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

I don't know how it will all work out or even a time table for that matter, I do like your time frame. I just can't wait for NK to be liberated, I too feel that the gospel will flourish there. Probably at a faster rate than otherplaces have in the past when the gospel is finallyallowed in. It saddens me to see the NK people being treated and abused the way that they have been for decades upon decades. We need to pray for our brothers and sisters in North Korea. My young family and I watched an hour long documentary on North Korea last night, and it was humbling/sobering experience. My heart aches for NK, I hope they are soon free from the tyranny they are enduring.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

JohnnyL wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 1:38 pm

I don't think so. Look what happened with the USSR and East Germany. I don't think the people are anywhere near ready, either. The Soviets had lots of cracks in their society, and got a first-hand taste of communism failure. Unless NK gets that, I don't think there will be lots of converts, especially so fast.

China, on the other hand, might. They have had cracks all throughout for decades.

But soon the Lord will kill & destroy millions to humble the wicked. I'm talking specifically America.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Has this done so in the past? I doubt many if any were humbled.
Z2100 wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 3:36 pm But soon the Lord will kill & destroy millions to humble the wicked. I'm talking specifically America.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

JohnnyL wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 1:38 pm I don't think so. Look what happened with the USSR and East Germany. I don't think the people are anywhere near ready, either. The Soviets had lots of cracks in their society, and got a first-hand taste of communism failure. Unless NK gets that, I don't think there will be lots of converts, especially so fast.

It really comes down to what happens to North Korea after they lose a war. Russia will worry about a US military base on their border, as will China, but those concerns could be alleviated with a treaty promising no US military bases north of the current military demarcation line.
China probably doesn't want the South Korean government controlling things all the way to the Yalu River, but they have had to put a lot of effort into preventing North Koreans from escaping into China and would like to divert those resources elsewhere.

I think the most likely result is for the peninsula to unite under the Seoul government. Initially they will need a lot of international assistance to provide food to the surviving North Korean residents and to extend infrastructure north, but that wouldn't last longer than a year or two. With the two Koreas united and Seoul in charge, missionaries would be all over that peninsula.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

brianj wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 8:25 pm
JohnnyL wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 1:38 pm I don't think so. Look what happened with the USSR and East Germany. I don't think the people are anywhere near ready, either. The Soviets had lots of cracks in their society, and got a first-hand taste of communism failure. Unless NK gets that, I don't think there will be lots of converts, especially so fast.

It really comes down to what happens to North Korea after they lose a war. Russia will worry about a US military base on their border, as will China, but those concerns could be alleviated with a treaty promising no US military bases north of the current military demarcation line.
China probably doesn't want the South Korean government controlling things all the way to the Yalu River, but they have had to put a lot of effort into preventing North Koreans from escaping into China and would like to divert those resources elsewhere.

I think the most likely result is for the peninsula to unite under the Seoul government. Initially they will need a lot of international assistance to provide food to the surviving North Korean residents and to extend infrastructure north, but that wouldn't last longer than a year or two. With the two Koreas united and Seoul in charge, missionaries would be all over that peninsula.
Easier said than done.

Beating North Korea into submission would be like trying to stage an invasion of Japan back in WWII. We would win, but it would be a pyrrhic victory, as we would suffer heavy casualties, and the locals (Who have 50 years of indoctrination, practically worship the Kim family, and hate our guts beyond any rational level) would fight us tooth and nail for decades.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Elizabeth wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 5:00 pm Has this done so in the past? I doubt many if any were humbled.
Z2100 wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 3:36 pm But soon the Lord will kill & destroy millions to humble the wicked. I'm talking specifically America.
It worked in the Book of Mormon.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Durzan wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 11:03 pm Beating North Korea into submission would be like trying to stage an invasion of Japan back in WWII. We would win, but it would be a pyrrhic victory, as we would suffer heavy casualties, and the locals (Who have 50 years of indoctrination, practically worship the Kim family, and hate our guts beyond any rational level) would fight us tooth and nail for decades.
When Okinawa was invaded the US forces didn't have to fight the locals. And when the US occupied the main Japanese islands after the Japanese surrender they didn't have to fight the locals.

Except for the military, almost nobody in North Korea has access to a weapon. And very few of them have access to more than a few days worth of food. So if they tried fighting it would be like a chihuahua trying to fight a rottweiler. Furthermore, hunger will quickly take the fight out of any North Koreans who want to fight us. And we wouldn't be invading alone; we would be side by side with South Korean forces who can speak the language and persuade the North Korean citizens to accept liberating forces as liberators.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

It's being reported that the entire US Senate has been invited to the WH for a briefing on NK. Part of me thinks the administration wants to lay out the facts to garner as much support for a strike as possible.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"DONALD Trump has demanded the evacuation of US citizens from South Korea as part of a drill named Courageous Channel, military sources have revealed.

The operation, set to take place in June, will prepare for the safe exit of around 230,000 Americans in the case of conflict.

A major dilemma for the US is how to keep these Americans safe and evacuate them in the event of hostilities.

Seoul is just 35 miles from the border, well within range of more than 12,000 North Korean artillery guns that they have already positioned to strike from dug-in and well-camouflaged positions.
"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/795 ... us-Channel

"Americans have forgotten what we did to North Korea" http://www.vox.com/2015/8/3/9089913/nor ... -war-crime
north korea napalm office air force history
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... %20History :-B

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

First of all, there will be no evacuation. What you read is simply not true.

As for the OP, what makes you think China and Russia will fight asking side us?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Durzan wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 11:03 pm
brianj wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 8:25 pm

Easier said than done.

Beating North Korea into submission would be like trying to stage an invasion of Japan back in WWII. We would win, but it would be a pyrrhic victory, as we would suffer heavy casualties, and the locals (Who have 50 years of indoctrination, practically worship the Kim family, and hate our guts beyond any rational level) would fight us tooth and nail for decades.

But when the liberated people see everything us democratic countries have, will they compare it to their previous life and accept the new one?

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

I've been following this story, the different ship movements, troop movements, things Trump and the generals have been saying and doing. My guess is that we may attack North Korea tomorrow.

This is just a guess from following news sources from all over the internet. From what I've read, we should now have everything in place - ships, subs, troops, etc. by today.

I hope it doesn't happen.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

SouEu wrote: April 25th, 2017, 10:27 am I've been following this story, the different ship movements, troop movements, things Trump and the generals have been saying and doing. My guess is that we may attack North Korea tomorrow.

This is just a guess from following news sources from all over the internet. From what I've read, we should now have everything in place - ships, subs, troops, etc. by today.

I hope it doesn't happen, too. But this must be fulfilled in order to finish the Times of The Gentiles.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

SouEu wrote: April 25th, 2017, 10:27 am I've been following this story, the different ship movements, troop movements, things Trump and the generals have been saying and doing. My guess is that we may attack North Korea tomorrow.

It's already tomorrow in Korea. You've got to give us something a bit more solid to go on. Why specifically do you think an attack by the US is imminent?

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

Silver wrote: April 25th, 2017, 11:28 am

It's already tomorrow in Korea. You've got to give us something a bit more solid to go on. Why specifically do you think an attack by the US is imminent?
1. Russia has their military at the border - they are ready
2. China has their military at the border - they are ready
3. Articles that I read by military analysts said that all of our military should be in place on April 25th, and they expected the 26th could be the day that the U.S.A. attacks.
4. I don't think Trump would wait. He seems like he would attack at a moments notice. He seems impulsive.
5. The senate was called back to Washington to meet about North Korea. This seems unusual.
6. China warned that April 25 is the day of highest probability that North Korea would conduct a nuclear test.
7. New York is running Operation Gotham Shield and are to simulate 10,000-ton nuke blast over New York and New Jersey on the 26th. The timing seems unusual.
8. Washington D.C. is supposed to Hold Massive “Coordinated Terror Attack” Drill This Wednesday the 26th. The timing of this also seems unusual.
9. It looks like we are also doing a nuclear missile test Wednesday as well: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... nald-trump

There just seems to be a lot of activity going on. I hope nothing comes of it.

I don't know what China and Russia are up to. I don't know if they are there to make sure things don't spill over into their countries. I don't know if they plan on going in and claiming the spoils of war for their own. I don't know if they plan on retaliating against the U.S.

There are too many loose canons. I hope that calmer heads will prevail, but I'm not sure.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

D&C 90
"9 That through your administration they may receive the word, and through their administration the word may go forth unto the ends of the earth, unto the Gentiles first, and then, behold, and lo, they shall turn unto the Jews.

10 And then cometh the day when the arm of the Lord shall be revealed in power in convincing the nations, the heathen nations, the house of Joseph, of the gospel of their salvation."

I believe North Korea falls under category of heathen Nation and will receive gospel in power

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: April 25th, 2017, 4:49 pm D&C 90
"9 That through your administration they may receive the word, and through their administration the word may go forth unto the ends of the earth, unto the Gentiles first, and then, behold, and lo, they shall turn unto the Jews.

10 And then cometh the day when the arm of the Lord shall be revealed in power in convincing the nations, the heathen nations, the house of Joseph, of the gospel of their salvation."

I believe North Korea falls under category of heathen Nation and will receive gospel in power
It kinda reminds me of when we all thought we were going to nuclear war with the Ruskies during the cold war then all of a sudden The Wall came down and we had missionaries throughout much of the soviet bloc countries in short order.