Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Discuss the events, news, revelations and prophecies relating to Zion, the last days, second coming, etc.
Mormon14
Hi, I'm new.
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:01 am

Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Mormon14 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 pm

These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

User avatar
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 16915
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 am
Location: Nampa, Idaho

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby mes5464 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:22 am

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.
Matter is eternal and infinite. But matter and energy are interchangeable, so matter can be turned into energy and energy into matter.

God made the laws (at least the physical ones):
36 All kingdoms have a law given;

37 And there are many kingdoms; for there is no space in the which there is no kingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom.

38 And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions.

39 All beings who abide not in those conditions are not justified.
No, forever doesn't scare me and furthermore, there isn't anything any of us can do about it.
Happy Patriot's Day

Patriot's Day (or Patriots' Day) commemorates the battles of Lexington and Concord, which were fought near Boston in 1775. Patriot's Day is annually held on the third Monday of April.

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:25 am

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

Matter would have to have been created originally. God did it.

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

God is not subject to laws. He makes the laws and requires us to be subject to them.

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

Yes, sometimes.

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.

I think we'll be happy in the end..... not that there is an end, of course.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby 2EstablishZion » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:55 am

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite? This is simply a chicken and egg question. Matter is co-eternal with God and Intelligence. eternal is impossible to comprehend for us.

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow? Did Newton "invent" gravity? Did God? Or does God just have a perfect understanding of laws which SIMPLY EXIST, and His commandments to us are to help us live in harmony with those laws as opposed to painfully having the consequences of lack of understanding imposed on us?

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me! Yes

holzie58
Hi, I'm new.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby holzie58 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:53 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

Matter would have to have been created originally. God did it.

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

God is not subject to laws. He makes the laws and requires us to be subject to them.

I disagree, Alma teaches that God could actually cease being God if He does not follow laws (Alma 42: 13,22,25). Moroni also teaches that God could cease to be God (Moroni 9:19). Thinking about where it ALL begins makes my head spin!

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

Yes, sometimes.

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.

I think we'll be happy in the end..... not that there is an end, of course.

Spider
captain of 100
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Spider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:18 pm

The thought of living forever freaks me out.

User avatar
tribrac
captain of 100
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 am
Location: The land northward

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby tribrac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Spider wrote:The thought of living forever freaks me out.
I have a friend that said me one day, " I understand the concept of living forever, but I don't want to live forever, not as me".

Neither Life nor people have been kind to him. I hope he doesn't have to live through eternity with all of the baggage life gave him.
Never dismiss a generous thought.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Older/wiser? » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 am

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.
Try reading " Temple and the Cosmos " by Hugh Nibley here's why I like his works , he brings to light many sources, apocryphal works, ancient texts, dead sea scrolls , all of this throws new light on old topics. Here are a few thoughts from his book. " Matter without light is inert and helpless," says the Pistis Sophia. " It is the first light which reproduces the pattern of the Heavenly model, wherever it touches" "when the rays from the world's of light stream down to the earthly world, for awakening mortals". even as the divine plan is communicated to distant worlds by a spark. According to Carl Schmidt, it is the dynamics of light from one world that animates another. "God's assistants, the faithful servants of Melchizedek, rescue and preserve the light particles, lest any be lost in space". The spark is also called "the drop"; The Egyptians call it the prt ("drop"). It is the divine drop of light that man brought forth with him from above, the spark that reactivate bodies that have become inert by the loss of former light. I suggest you continue reading pgs. 153. Read pgs. 10-11 72, 270, 280, 359 and I love 279 this covers contaminated, reusing 279-82, 521. It is about the light on matter that gives life. What is the second death , you are cut off from the source of all that which gives life light (the Son) . Without that source everything falls back into chaos, and becomes unorganized matter, Matter has always been and will always be, it does however need to be purified as the earth will to become a celestial sphere. To live forever, I am sure I already have so to continue is fine by me , that all these things shall give thee experience and be for our good.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:20 am

Older/wiser? wrote: Try reading " Temple and the Cosmos " by Hugh Nibley
available here: http://publications.mi.byu.edu/book/temple-and-cosmos/

User avatar
Sarah
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:16 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Sarah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:23 am

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?
The greatest laws or commandments are to love God and love others. All law hangs on the concept of love. So Love is the ultimate law, but what is love and how do we love correctly? God gives us specific laws or commandments to help us learn what is really love and what isn't. I believe, it really is about giving and receiving correctly - thinking about others before self, not putting your desires above that of someone else, but also learning how to love someone who is not loving correctly. That is why marriage and parenthood especially are so important for us to experience and learn to love. Is it loving to give a child everything he wants? Isn't that putting your child's desires above your own? Well, we know the child's desires are often selfish, and we see God treating us the same way. He doesn't give us everything we want, only if it is right for us to help us progress. We need to learn to love others in a similar way.

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9486
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:22 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby shadow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am

Spider wrote:The thought of living forever freaks me out.
My wife says the same thing :))
This imminent stuff is taking for-freaking-ever :-w

braingrunt
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:47 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby braingrunt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am

Realize your choices Mormon14, and weigh them against each other. As I did that, my mind stopped freaking out so much. Maybe that will happen for you as well.

Your choices regarding space, as I see them, are:
1) Space has no end. Sure, it's kinda mindblowing... but compare that to:
2) Space has an end. Is there a wall? What's on the other side of the wall? Is there some kind of trick which just steers you away from the boundary and puts you somewhere else in the finite area? What reality holds or enables this fininte region? Would it be posssible to observe or get into that reality somehow?
To me, both are difficult problems but infinity is less problematic for me to grasp. So eventually my mind just said, OK.

Your choices regarding matter, as I see them, are:
1) Stuff has always existed
2) Stuff came out of nothing. Is a universe, where the possibility exists of stuff appearing, in fact, nothing? My mind says, nosir. You can describe at least one thing about that "empty" universe, which is that there is a possibility of stuff appearing. But why? The further you go down this rabbit hole, the more you are forced to add features and rules to this nothingness, which is illogical.
So, again, both sides are challenging. But a true "Something from Nothing" proposition is worse for me. So again, eventually my mind just said, OK. There always was something.

Your choices regarding life are similar:
1) Either life always existed in some form (God if nothing else)
2) Something not alive became alive. This is a huge problem for me. My mind struggles to accept it even at infinite scales. The rough-odds unit in my brain says, even if something complex enough to behave as life, was organized by accident, you'd need 10^x (where x is as least double digits) viable environments for that life before you might expect the accident to occur. My mind thinks that we here would be profoundly alone in our galaxy or even among many galaxies. We would be alive at odds not to be thought of.

Your choices regarding infinite matter are these:
1) either the universe in finite (and my brain has already revolted at this idea)
2) the universe is infinite and infinite matter is scattered about it
3) the universe is infinite and a finite amount of matter is somewhere in it. This is a big problem, again with odds. Why is there matter here and almost nowhere else? The amount of matter is infinitely small compared to infinite space.

As for infinite lifespan worrying me, yes it has done. But my mind, by this time, has wearied of thinking of infinity and being forced by alternatives to accept it. So I say, OK. If it's infinite it's gonna work out somehow.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby e-eye2.0 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Living forever doesn't bother me and actually sounds and feels right. What gets me is how did this entire thing begin, the start of the start of the start, the first, god, first savior first creation.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:50 pm

braingrunt wrote: Your choices regarding space, as I see them, are:
1) Space has no end. Sure, it's kinda mindblowing... but compare that to:
2) Space has an end. Is there a wall? What's on the other side of the wall? Is there some kind of trick which just steers you away from the boundary and puts you somewhere else in the finite area?
3) Space could be finite but boundless. Think of two-dimensional spaces: sheet of paper is finite and bounded, but surface of a sphere is finite but has no ends.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Mormon14 wrote: - There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?
What are these laws? Do you mean something like God can't lie or he cease to be a god. I don't think that as a law. Instead, it is part of what defines what it means to be a god.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:47 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby braingrunt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

inho wrote:
braingrunt wrote: Your choices regarding space, as I see them, are:
1) Space has no end. Sure, it's kinda mindblowing... but compare that to:
2) Space has an end. Is there a wall? What's on the other side of the wall? Is there some kind of trick which just steers you away from the boundary and puts you somewhere else in the finite area?
3) Space could be finite but boundless. Think of two-dimensional spaces: sheet of paper is finite and bounded, but surface of a sphere is finite but has no ends.
That's precisely why I added, "is there some kind of trick that steers you away from the boundary", and asked about the deeper reality which contains that finite area... such as our world containing your spherical paper. And could such reality be visited or observed somehow?

We might also add the question, is our finite area the only one? If so, why? I've tried escaping the problem in my mind but cannot. I find no alternative to some flavor of infinity, whether it be in this space or some deeper reality.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:59 pm

braingrunt wrote:
inho wrote:
braingrunt wrote: Your choices regarding space, as I see them, are:
1) Space has no end. Sure, it's kinda mindblowing... but compare that to:
2) Space has an end. Is there a wall? What's on the other side of the wall? Is there some kind of trick which just steers you away from the boundary and puts you somewhere else in the finite area?
3) Space could be finite but boundless. Think of two-dimensional spaces: sheet of paper is finite and bounded, but surface of a sphere is finite but has no ends.
That's precisely why I added, "is there some kind of trick that steers you away from the boundary", and asked about the deeper reality which contains that finite area... such as our world containing your spherical paper. And could such reality be visited or observed somehow?
If you study math, you will learn that it is not necessary to have a bigger space containing the finite and bounded space. It's hard to understand, but that's how it is.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:47 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby braingrunt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm

inho wrote:
braingrunt wrote:
inho wrote:
braingrunt wrote: Your choices regarding space, as I see them, are:
1) Space has no end. Sure, it's kinda mindblowing... but compare that to:
2) Space has an end. Is there a wall? What's on the other side of the wall? Is there some kind of trick which just steers you away from the boundary and puts you somewhere else in the finite area?
3) Space could be finite but boundless. Think of two-dimensional spaces: sheet of paper is finite and bounded, but surface of a sphere is finite but has no ends.
That's precisely why I added, "is there some kind of trick that steers you away from the boundary", and asked about the deeper reality which contains that finite area... such as our world containing your spherical paper. And could such reality be visited or observed somehow?
If you study math, you will learn that it is not necessary to have a bigger space containing the finite and bounded space. It's hard to understand, but that's how it is.
Note that I have avoided calling it space. I have called it a "reality". I have done this mindfully.

Zion2080
captain of 100
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Zion2080 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.


1. Matter has always been in the universe. It has existed for eternity. As being gods, we'd probably still have to follow to follow some rules but the rest is for us to do. We could probably create our own matter for eternity.

2. If God had a Father and his Father had a Father, then the laws would've been passed down generation after generation. The laws have always existed.

3. Living forever does seem kinda freaky.
-Zion2100

Older/wiser?
captain of 100
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Older/wiser? » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 pm

e-eye2.0 wrote:Living forever doesn't bother me and actually sounds and feels right. What gets me is how did this entire thing begin, the start of the start of the start, the first, god, first savior first creation.
I used to think of it like that, turn it around and think of it as envisioning your end , to where you become nothingness I can't, I can see eternity going on creating become exalted and continuing in creation peopleing worlds without end. That I can grasp , if you can see no end you will grasp no beginning, have I always been as I am now? No I have just spent eons gaining experience that has brought me to now.

User avatar
Melissa
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Melissa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm

If we believe that one day we could become like God and a God then to say God created everything including the rules to govern everything and even the rules of what it means to be a God, then that means we will eventually be "above"law?

I say God follows the laws that were set and isint above them. I believe the laws are governed by how things literally happen and work. But how it all started makes my brain fry pretty quick. There is a block we all have and you can feel when it hit it, it shuts your brain down for a sec., lol.

brianj
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2161
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Vineyard, Utah

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby brianj » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 pm

For those of you who were discussing the nature of the universe, here's a few observations from my favorite guide book, perhaps the most remarkable, certainly the most successful book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor - of which no Earthman had ever heard of.

The Universe
Size: Infinite.
Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow, that's big," time. Infinity is just so big that, by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept we're trying to get across here.
Imports: None. It is impossible to import things into an infinite area, there being no outside to import things in from.
Exports: None. See imports.
Population: None. It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

User avatar
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞
Posts: 16145
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: WEST OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby freedomforall » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 pm

I hope this will give people hope and comfort. We are the ones that choose which place we go to according to our choices.

Doctrine and Covenants 42:46
46 And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them;

Alma 40
9 Therefore, there is a time appointed unto men that they shall rise from the dead; and there is a space between the time of death and the resurrection. And now, concerning this space of time, what becometh of the souls of men is the thing which I have inquired diligently of the Lord to know; and this is the thing of which I do know.
10 And when the time cometh when all shall rise, then shall they know that God knoweth all the times which are appointed unto man.
11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
13 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this estate, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.
REALITY...IS NOTHING MORE THAN FANTASY IN ACTION.

Rumors are like tumors, they're bred and spread.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 am

brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.

User avatar
alaris
captain of 100
Posts: 723
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Present before the general assembly

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby alaris » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 am

Spider wrote:The thought of living forever freaks me out.
Perhaps the veil is the product of immortal beings' boredom.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. false traditions? You must unlearn what you have learned.

User avatar
5tev3
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:43 am
Contact:

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby 5tev3 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 am

We fear eternal life perhaps the same as a child feels adulthood and all the responsibilities and challenges that go with it. We grow, learn, and mature. Pretty soon we are at the place we once feared and would never desire to go back.

User avatar
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞
Posts: 16145
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: WEST OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby freedomforall » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:45 pm

inho wrote:
brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.
Moses 1:33
33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.

Moses 7:30
30 And were it possible that man could number the particles of the earth, yea, millions of earths like this, it would not be a beginning to the number of thy creations; and thy curtains are stretched out still; and yet thou art there, and thy bosom is there; and also thou art just; thou art merciful and kind forever;

D&C 76:24
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

And here is what God told Moses:

Moses 1:35
35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.

D&C 88:41
41 He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever.
REALITY...IS NOTHING MORE THAN FANTASY IN ACTION.

Rumors are like tumors, they're bred and spread.

Juliet
captain of 100
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby Juliet » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

Our thoughts are matter, and they are able to create. Add a physical body, and now you can create physical matter. Every word we speak is a creation. That is how God creates. That is why we need a physical body, but we need the spirit and body to be better aligned in order to receive the keys of creation. That is why God gave us marriage, as a metaphor to help us understand how creation works. When we are ready, the veil will be lifted and we will be able to create matter as well, because we have the combination of a spirit and a body, together they are the key. When free energy goes mainstream, you will see how free energy is much more the principle than not, and yes, there is infinite matter. Creation involves combining the force of light with the force of darkness, or in other words, organic and inorganic materials working as one. That is why our flesh is carnal. When we overcome it, we will have resurrected flesh, and we will have the necessary vantage point--a knowledge of evil-- to protect us from creating evil. The reason there is infinite matter, is because in order to create, you first divide the matter into 2 parts, and then let the 2 parts give and receive in an eternal state. It is like the tree giving oxygen to the deer, and the deer giving carbon dioxide to the tree. Each part of the creation may wonder how in the world it is getting an infinite amount of air, but in reality, it is because each is part of a system that sustains each other.

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

If God is God because He creates life, than anything that He did contrary to the creation of life would be against His will, so His desire to create life is what makes laws that must be followed. Therefore, all choices that lead to death would be against His will, and therefore, against His law. The law is meant to protect His purpose, which is to create life. We, God's children, get to create what laws we will and will not follow, but we are also accountable for unfortunately causing death in many of the laws we make. Hence our need for a more Creative God than us to come and right our wrongs, which is what Jesus Christ did for us! His love for us is His creative power, and thus His love fulfills all other laws.

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

Going from a state of learning and progressing to a state of understanding everything is a better way of describing eternity. There is no time because no time is needed. Time is a tool to help us learn how to create. All of us are in the process of taking dead flesh and subjecting it to our spirit's will, so we are actually parenting our flesh right now. When we are resurrected, we will have learned how to create, from our experiences here. Hint, learn to nurture the flesh instead of beat it up, and it will subject to your spiritual desires much more easily.

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.
Well, you don't have to hate yourself for making a mistake. Why not practice forgiving yourself, because it isn't like Jesus is going to say, "go away I don't like you!" He is going to say, "come to ME your Savior and buy milk and honey without price." The key is can we forgive ourselves and others? Because Jesus already did. If we live with that attitude, we will progress much faster. As long as we remain in an awful state of uncleanliness, we will have a veil to provide time to repent. Eternal damnation is really another way of saying God's damnation, it does have an end, and that is explained in D&C 19. So do not fear going to hell, that is the accuser's (Satan's) job. Our job is to trust that Jesus will forgive us. For heaven sakes, we all make mistakes because we are just learning! It is part of the plan!

brianj
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2161
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Vineyard, Utah

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby brianj » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:19 pm

inho wrote:
brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.
It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was supposed to be funny.

User avatar
inho
captain of 100
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am
Location: in a galaxy far, far away

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Postby inho » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:42 pm

brianj wrote:
inho wrote:
brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.
It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was supposed to be funny.
Oh, okay. That kind of makes sense, since I never really got the humor in that book.


Return to “Last Days / Signs of the Times”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cyclOps, dr who, h_p, Kaarno, skmo, solonan and 116 guests