End Times 'soothsayers' are so far, always wrong...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: End Times 'soothsayers' are so far, always wrong...

Post by markharr »

You still want to talk about Fake news Rewcox?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

markharr wrote:You still want to talk about Fake news Rewcox?
Looks like you are a Fake Master. You didn't answer Sandy Hook.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:
Oh I left out the biggest one of all. The BBC covered up a known pedophile in their own midst for decades. And this is a guy who they continued to allow around children while they covered it up. And, the guy who covered it up is now working for the NY times.

How BBC star Jimmy Savile allegedly got away with abusing 500 children and sex with dead bodies
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... e1dce871f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yea. It's completely out of the realm of possibility that the media would cover up pedophilia. That has absolutely never happened in the history of mankind.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

AI2.0 wrote:In speaking of the modern day LDS 'soothsayers' (Rowe, Sosa, Menet etc), Robin Hood said this on another thread:
Shadow makes the point that these people are always wrong.
He is, or course, correct in this claim.

So maybe that's the key.
Listen to what these sooth-sayers predict in order to know that the exact opposite will happen!
So far, this has proved 100% accurate.

I agree. As far as I know, none of these predictions have come true so far. Menet predicted fire Ants, Rowe predicted earthquakes and famine and recently chaos on black friday particularly ebt cards not working and assassinations leading up to the election, Sosa predicted earthquake, there was a prediction (Shelle McDermott I believe) this last summer of a plague on July 4th which never materialized. Then there were all those dreamers who thought we'd be in tent cities by now. I don't know of one of these predictions that happened, and I assume that if they did, someone would have mentioned it.

Do any of you know of predictions which DID come true?
Here is one for you, J.R. said the "Ring of Fire" will be heating up, since that statement in a matter of weeks...Three big quakes, Published on Nov 21, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW8Rg2TTqsTHIS VIDEO IS INCREDIBLE.WATCH THE EARTHQUAKE LIVE
FUKUSHIMA EARTHQUAKE 2016 - and a Solomon Islands tsunami warning lifted after powerful 7.8 quake http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38257353 And this one just happened, a 6.8 earthquake just hit off the coast of Northern California by Ferndalehttp://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

The Ring of Fire IS ON FIRE!!!

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:In speaking of the modern day LDS 'soothsayers' (Rowe, Sosa, Menet etc), Robin Hood said this on another thread:

So maybe that's the key.
Listen to what these sooth-sayers predict in order to know that the exact opposite will happen!

I agree. As far as I know, none of these predictions have come true so far. Menet predicted fire Ants, Rowe predicted earthquakes and famine and recently chaos on black friday particularly ebt cards not working and assassinations leading up to the election, Sosa predicted earthquake, there was a prediction (Shelle McDermott I believe) this last summer of a plague on July 4th which never materialized. Then there were all those dreamers who thought we'd be in tent cities by now. I don't know of one of these predictions that happened, and I assume that if they did, someone would have mentioned it.

Here is one for you, J.R. said the "Ring of Fire" will be heating up, since that statement in a matter of weeks...Three big quakes, Published on Nov 21, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW8Rg2TTqsTHIS VIDEO IS INCREDIBLE.WATCH THE EARTHQUAKE LIVE
FUKUSHIMA EARTHQUAKE 2016 - and a Solomon Islands tsunami warning lifted after powerful 7.8 quake http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38257353 And this one just happened, a 6.8 earthquake just hit off the coast of Northern California by Ferndalehttp://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Have you lost your marbles? She predicted the EBT problem on Black Friday. We know how well that went. JR has lost her marbles and you your credibility.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote:
markharr wrote:I have been giving this some thought recently. Is that any way to live your life constantly waiting for the nuclear apocalypse or the big earthquake? Is there any happiness in that? Maybe this is why no man knows the hour and the day because the lord doesn't want us to dwell on it. He doesn't want us to give up on humanity while we wait around for the time of tribulation.
I don't want to live my life in fear, but I am tired of having unfulfilled dreams. I will never have the experience of riding the hovercraft between England and France or flying on the Concorde, just to name two. Believing that tribulations are coming soon doesn't fill me with fear but it gives me motivation to do two things:

It motivates me to prepare myself spiritually and temporally. I have already made significant strides in this preparation, but I have a long way to go.

It motivates me to not put things off for later. I once had a Bishop who expressed that he always wanted to go to Hawaii, but he decided to put it off while saving and investing money to supplement social security and a guaranteed pension. Less than five years before he could have retired he suddenly died in a collision. I always know that I could die at any time, for any number of reasons, as do most of us. But most of us tend to dismiss that as improbable or impossible. Knowing that tribulations are imminent encourages me to not postpone the opportunities to do things I have long dreamed of.

Last spring I acquired a clarinet and started taking lessons. In April I intend to attend a couple days of Jazz Fest. I committed to join a group of friends who are planning to rent a castle in Europe for a week next fall. I have done more family history work and more temple work for my ancestors in the last two years than all my life before then.

Don't cower in fear. Go out and live! That's the biggest lesson I learned, and that's been the great blessing in my life from hearing these accounts!
Awesome Brian! I too have been doing tons of family genealogy work this last year. It has got me to the temple 2 times a month. My wife goes the other 2 times. I feel a sense of urgency to get to the temple for my ancestors and finish their work. Keep up the good work.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

markharr wrote:
rewcox wrote:
Oh I left out the biggest one of all. The BBC covered up a known pedophile in their own midst for decades. And this is a guy who they continued to allow around children while they covered it up. And, the guy who covered it up is now working for the NY times.

How BBC star Jimmy Savile allegedly got away with abusing 500 children and sex with dead bodies
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... e1dce871f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yea. It's completely out of the realm of possibility that the media would cover up pedophilia. That has absolutely never happened in the history of mankind.
Just like PBS and the pervert who did Elmo's voice.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

So maybe that's the key.

Amen Kirkland, Amen!!!!!

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Satan can't see the future, only God can. But, he knows what's in the scriptures too. I think he's going for the broken clock effect. If he keeps up with the false visions and lying spirits sooner or later one of them will appear to be right in their prediction. It might be wise to study these people a bit so we can recognize when that happens. At least that's my main interest in these sooth Sayers.

As for the specific individuals, I feel only pity, they are going through a hard test. I hope they can recognize what's happening to them and survive their trial. Though they have erred, I think it would have taken a lot of courage and faith to share their experiences. I can only imagine the ridicule they are enduring after each one is proven wrong in their predictions.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

rewcox wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

So maybe that's the key.

I will agree with you on that one, but you said none of what is being said has happening, you should admit that what I posted about is also true, and was highly unlikely(three large ring of fire eq.'s in different spots within weeks). As I have said before, the general themes and events of what is ahead do not rise and fall with J.R., or any one person. So many have seen same events. The Lord has given us a number of witnesses of same events to help us prepare. I don't follow them around trying to discredit them at every turn. These major events will happen, the earth will be cleansed powerfully and it is not fear, or denial that will help us, but faith in the Lord. I strive to live the gospel every day, I listen to the Prophet, and I prepare. My God bless us.
Have you lost your marbles? She predicted the EBT problem on Black Friday. We know how well that went. JR has lost her marbles and you your credibility.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

So maybe that's the key.

Hate to break it to you, but the Ring of Fire has been on fire since... well, long before Julie Rowe has been alive. There's a reason it's called the Ring of "Fire" after all, you know? Predicting it's going to be active is like predicting the sun is going to rise in the morning. Don't believe me? Here's a nifty little animated map for you that shows earthquake (greater than 5.0) and volcanic activity across the globe since 1960 (I'd also recommend turning off the Sulfur Dioxide annotations):

http://volcano.si.axismaps.io/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

In their favour, we can say with an unquestionable degree of confidence, that all of these soothsayers share one very conspicuous and highly developed ability...... they are consistent!

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

GrandMasterB wrote:
FTC wrote:
Todd wrote:Problem is, in just about every case -- no, strike that -- in every case, none of these soothsayers can prove they "saw" the events before they happened.
Oh! Oh! Oh! *raising hand wildly* I learned about this just today. By doing some research about the Hopi "prophecies". Its known as an ex post facto "prophecy". Meaning a prophecy of things that already happened, but claiming that it was forseen before it happened, yet providing nothing substantial to validate that the forseeing took place before the event happened.
"the Hopi have continuously recreated their prophecies to justify current conditions ... the Hopi prophecies tell us much about the concerns of the people who uttered them, but very little about the future."
All of it resulting in mostly just lots of murmuring and mostly nothing else.
It sounds like you are picking and choosing what source to believe. Why should we believe the research into the Hopi prophesies? Who did the research? What was their motive? How do you know this new information is the truth?
Ooooooooo! Did we find someone that slurps down these things hook, line, and sinker?? :)) Quite likely because these things are sentsational? double bonus that they are exotic. Done to mitigate a dull and listless, ho-hum, non-eventful life? Don't need to answer that.

To placate you, I did perform an unbiased research. I picked four sources - two in favor, two against. Granted, rather rudimentary, but, by the numbers, completely unbiased. I was guided by the Spirit to apply Occam's razor in drawing a conclusion. Considering that, as I said - "nothing substantial to validate" - is accessible prior to the occurance of the events, the simplest answer is that nothing prior to the events does exist. The Hopi's made up their "prophecies" after the events happened. To maintain at least some of the pride that they once held, they lied by saying that the "prophecies" were only in oral tradition prior to the occurrence of the events.
The Spirit confirmed to me that this is the truth.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

FTC wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
FTC wrote:
Todd wrote:Problem is, in just about every case -- no, strike that -- in every case, none of these soothsayers can prove they "saw" the events before they happened.
Oh! Oh! Oh! *raising hand wildly* I learned about this just today. By doing some research about the Hopi "prophecies". Its known as an ex post facto "prophecy". Meaning a prophecy of things that already happened, but claiming that it was forseen before it happened, yet providing nothing substantial to validate that the forseeing took place before the event happened.
"the Hopi have continuously recreated their prophecies to justify current conditions ... the Hopi prophecies tell us much about the concerns of the people who uttered them, but very little about the future."
All of it resulting in mostly just lots of murmuring and mostly nothing else.
It sounds like you are picking and choosing what source to believe. Why should we believe the research into the Hopi prophesies? Who did the research? What was their motive? How do you know this new information is the truth?
Ooooooooo! Did we find someone that slurps down these things hook, line, and sinker?? :)) Quite likely because these things are sentsational? double bonus that they are exotic. Done to mitigate a dull and listless, ho-hum, non-eventful life? Don't need to answer that.

To placate you, I did perform an unbiased research. I picked four sources - two in favor, two against. Granted, rather rudimentary, but, by the numbers, completely unbiased. I was guided by the Spirit to apply Occam's razor in drawing a conclusion. Considering that, as I said - "nothing substantial to validate" - is accessible prior to the occurance of the events, the simplest answer is that nothing prior to the events does exist. The Hopi's made up their "prophecies" after the events happened. To maintain at least some of the pride that they once held, they lied by saying that the "prophecies" were only in oral tradition prior to the occurrence of the events.
Where is the proof that they lied? Please share this info. Thanks.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Where is the proof that they lied?
Their lips move.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

hopis prophecy : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41010&hilit=brothe%2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:-B

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

So maybe that's the key.

Than; you Kirtland, for answering my question. So, you are saying that her prediction that the ring of fire will be heating up is proof. Okay, I can see why you'd say that, however, I can't give her credit because as I've noticed in the past, Julie Rowe tends to co opt other people's stuff, IMO. I remember hearing about the ring of fire being more active a couple of years ago and if you look on the internet, you will see that it was getting more interest the last few years.

It would be like my saying 'Winter is going to be snowy this year'. That's a given and it's a given that the ring of fire is heating up because it already has been and this has been commented on by scientists in the world.

And, her ring of fire comments came along with her saying that ebt cards wouldn't work on black friday, she talked about an Obsidian monday, Trump being shot in the chest, Trump towers being bombed. And she missed the earthquakes that DID happen.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

GrandMasterB wrote:Where is the proof that they lied? Please share this info. Thanks.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Robin Hood wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Where is the proof that they lied?
Their lips move.
So you believe that everything the Hopi say are lies?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

FTC wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:Where is the proof that they lied? Please share this info. Thanks.
Well I am sure that the spirit confirmed to Sarah Menet, Hector Souza and Julie Rowe that what she saw was true too. Should I believe them as well because they tell me the Spirit witnessed to them?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Well I am sure that the spirit confirmed to Sarah Menet, Hector Souza and Julie Rowe that what she saw was true too.
I'm sure the spirit did not. Had it been confirmed as true, then the events prophesied of would've came to pass. But alas, they did not. That's fact. The spirit does not lie.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

GrandMasterB wrote:
FTC wrote:
Well I am sure that the spirit confirmed to Sarah Menet, Hector Souza and Julie Rowe that what she saw was true too. Should I believe them as well because they tell me the Spirit witnessed to them?
I don't know about SM but JR and HS have both admitted to entertaining many spirits. So there could be some partial truth to what you say (i.e. A spirit may have confirmed the "truth" of the things they saw but it wasn't The Spirit.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Well I am sure that the spirit confirmed to Sarah Menet, Hector Souza and Julie Rowe that what she saw was true too.
I'm sure the spirit did not. Had it been confirmed as true, then the events prophesied of would've came to pass. But alas, they did not. That's fact. The spirit does not lie.
Well Sarah, Hector and Julie have all claimed the Spirit is what told them to open their mouths and share what they learned. It just seems like we have different people claiming that the "Spirit" is confirming here a little and there a little. I would just like to know how you know your "Spirit" is the correct one.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:
shadow wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Well Sarah, Hector and Julie have all claimed the Spirit is what told them to open their mouths and share what they learned. It just seems like we have different people claiming that the "Spirit" is confirming here a little and there a little. I would just like to know how you know your "Spirit" is the correct one.
We know those three were not told by the spirit, even though they claimed they were, because the things they foretold did not happen when they said they would. That's one way to tell they were either lying or being led by a false spirit. The spirit doesn't lie. If they claim the spirit told them of these things, and since those things didn't happen, then the spirit they listened to is a false spirit. Personally I think they just want attention and are making this stuff up as they go along. I think Sarah possibly could've had an NDE, I won't judge her claim, but she went south since then. I think Julie has been BSing her way all along, same with Sosa.
The gift of discernment is a way to know in advance. Some people really have difficulties with discerning.