How Satan Will Destroy The Good People

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

How Satan Will Destroy The Good People

Post by CharlesIngalls »

Satan's plan to destroy the good people who will not embrace evil is as follows:

We will be pushed to accept extremes as normal, abortion, gay marriage, transgender, pedophilia and whatever other sick and depraved vices that I cannot even begin to envision. The good, in the name of tolerance will fall by the wayside and accept the creeping evil. Those who don't will then be assaulted by Satan with anger and the few who will not give in to the wickedness of the world until, pushed to our breaking point, we are engaged in war. The anger that has crept in will become a bloodlust like the Nephites , who, "did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives."

Those of us who Satan cannot convince to embrace evil, will turn our desperation to anger and rage. If we are not careful, we will allow vengeance to weaken and destroy us from within.

Just a thought I had this morning. Have a nice day.

96walker
captain of 100

Re: How Satan Will Destroy The Good People

Post by 96walker »

I was thinking something very similar yesterday while listening to Glenn Beck on the radio. Well said Mr. Ingalls.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

The only thing I can add is that we "are" being pushed on every side to accept these perversions in the name of love and tolerance. And yes it will only get more depraved. I will never submit and I agree we have to avoid getting angry. Just like Nephi got angry at his brothers and repented when he declared "o retched man that I am". We must avoid anger.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

We are already in full swing. And yes, it will just get worse. Everyone I know is really being challenged in their life with some very difficult trials. And the amount of angry people around....just amazing. We are nearing a breaking point.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Melissa wrote:We are already in full swing. And yes, it will just get worse. Everyone I know is really being challenged in their life with some very difficult trials. And the amount of angry people around....just amazing. We are nearing a breaking point.
A lot of good people I know are having difficulties as well. I hate to see what the upcoming 3.5 years of tribulation are going to be like.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Melissa wrote:We are already in full swing. And yes, it will just get worse. Everyone I know is really being challenged in their life with some very difficult trials. And the amount of angry people around....just amazing. We are nearing a breaking point.
I too have never seen such anger and animosity on a scale like this before. The political cycle is feeding most of it.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Just a thought I had this morning. Have a nice day.
Gosh! :( The irony of what you have just said is not lost on me! Still you are preaching to the converted. We too are facing an election here in Australia, and it seems like we have a choice between Shiz and Coriantumr. Sound familiar America? Although on a much smaller scale, things here are in a bad way as well. Both side of politics oppress the poor and needy; they have created a watertight hegemony in league with the media. Any dissent by independent voices are stifled with ridicule. The greedy corporations extort food from the farmers and pay less than the farmers can survive on. The government offers low interest loans to the farmers which only puts them further into debt. Mining companies are raping the environment. It appears that the Great Barrier Reef is terminally ill. The "left" blames the "right" and the "right" blames the "left" and policy is reduced to three word "grunts" in the newspapers.

The working class dutifully pays its taxes and obligations while the greedy corporations avoid theirs with all manner of sophistry and legal loopholes. Australians mostly don't own guns and don't really care about such an issue, but they are stabbing each other in ever increasing numbers. We have road rage and people are so angry and short tempered. I hesitate to visit the city and try to avoid driving there. Satan is raging in the hearts of all sections and classes in our society now. The Aborigines are drinking and fighting and stealing and abusing their children. Just today the government closed a school for the rest of the term because of violence in the community.

We have inter-racial strife and violence. We have ethnic gangs. We are suffering from an epidemic of drug related violence against our paramedics and emergency staff. We have always had droughts and floods but they are getting worse. We are facing an empowerment of the death cult of abortion through our parliaments, the attack on the family from homosexual marriage, and the list goes on and on.

We too are in the grip of the "post-modernist" malaise, but there is hope in Zion. I wish more people in general and Saints in particular could see that they don't have to settle for Nibley's "Nephite Dilemma" and could choose Jesus to be their Saviour.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Interesting from Dave62 about conditions in Australia. Agree with all that has been said; I too feel that everyone around me is seething with anger. I'm trying to be extra Christ-like in my behavior in response, but it is difficult with the constant barrage if negativity, discontent, contention and just plain old wickedness that seems to be permeating our society. I think one of the most difficult "trials" we will face is to not give in to what is happening and to maintain our testimonies of the Savior and the plan of salvation. I'm scheduled to work in the Temple tonight; Looking forward to getting away from the world for a few hours and serving the patrons that come to do the Lord's work.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I remember during the "debate" over homosexual "marriage" some people asked "What's next? Legalized polygamy?" They were dismissed with laughter and told that would never happen. But what's happening now? Those people who mocked us are saying it's time to legalize polygamy. I don't want to know what depravity they will try to force on us next.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I would probably say that this is exactly what is happening within the church.

CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

Post by CharlesIngalls »

Love him or hate him, Glenn Beck is the only public figure I see calling for peace and love for your fellow man. We must have a rock solid foundation and hold fast to our principles no matter what. We'll fall if we don't.

Thank you all for your support. I really didn't think anyone would get what I was thinking and my words wouldn't express it well.

Airborne Mormon
captain of 10

Post by Airborne Mormon »

Durzan wrote:I would probably say that this is exactly what is happening within the church.
How so?

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

These issues have started to divide members of the church; already now you can see quite a few members splitting off from the fold because they are offended by how the brethren are handling these issues. My best guess is that this sense of anger and bloodlust will spread within and without the church, and as a result, I think we may even see the body of the church splinter into two or more factions. Did not the Lord say that upon His house it shall begin?

roycelerwick
captain of 50

Post by roycelerwick »

Well, glad you got that all figured out. The real enemy is going to come from a direction you never planned on and you won't see coming. You're not as smart as the Devil. He will mess you up. Stop worrying about it.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Joseph Smith warned that if there is ever a division in the church, go with a majority of the Twelve. During the schism that followed Smith's murder such a division did happen and a majority aligned themselves with Brigham Young.

I have wondered if such a division will happen again, though I have a hard time imagining special witnesses of Christ turning away from the true gospel. But if it does happen again, I will remember Smith's words.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Eh... I think I remember that warning as well. I don't put complete stock in it, as that warning has become a huge part of mormon folk-lore, and may or may not have been blown out of proportion, or slightly twisted. For all we know, that warning was really a prophecy specifically pointing out the schism and power struggle that occurred after his death. One thing's for sure, I don't think things are as clear cut as you suggest. I got this nagging feeling that the church will be in deep trouble soon...

However, I will continue to follow the Twelve, as they are the legitimate priesthood authority until sufficiently proven otherwise by the Spirit of God and the power of the Priesthood (Not likely to occur).