Joel Skousen

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Joel Skousen

Post by OCDMOM »

I have been reading some of the writings by Joel Skousen lately. I know he is Cleon's relative. On his website he has talked about some different things. He also has some youtube video's. He said that there has been a tsunami of economic collapse theories lately, but he doesn't think the TPTB have any plans for this now. He thinks that the Iran deal is a set up. That Israel will start a war with Iran and the U S will help them. This will cause all other countries to hate Israel and view the U S as bullies. He also doesn't think the George Albert Smith scenario will play out until about 2020 because Russia and China are not ready. What I want to know is Joel Skousen a man that is wise to listen too? Has he been right in the past? What does everyone think?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Joel Skousen

Post by EmmaLee »

I like Joel for the most part - I have all his books. He is good at analyzing the news and I believe he's right about many things. He's also a businessman who makes his money not only selling his newsletter, but mainly by advising and building retreats and bug-out places for people - that's a very lucrative business. Since I've been listening to/reading his newsletters for a couple of decades now, every few years he bumps the "attack" date further down the road. In 1995, he was saying it would be around 2000-2005. In 2005, he bumped it to 2010-2015. In 2010, he bumped it to 2015-2020. And now that it's 2015, he's bumping it to 2020-2025, etc... In some ways I feel that even if it was literally on our doorstep (Russia/China attacking us), that he would still say it was many years down the road - because if people believed it was going to happen tomorrow, his businesses and income would stop immediately. I hope I'm not mis-judging him with this - and I hope he's right, that it will be many years down the road yet. I just hope he's not being disingenuous about the timing for personal gain.

But overall, I appreciate his analysis on world conditions/events, and I agree with him most of the time. He's Cleon's nephew, by the way.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Tabula Rasa wrote:I like Joel for the most part - I have all his books. He is good at analyzing the news and I believe he's right about many things. He's also a businessman who makes his money not only selling his newsletter, but mainly by advising and building retreats and bug-out places for people - that's a very lucrative business. Since I've been listening to/reading his newsletters for a couple of decades now, every few years he bumps the "attack" date further down the road. In 1995, he was saying it would be around 2000-2005. In 2005, he bumped it to 2010-2015. In 2010, he bumped it to 2015-2020. And now that it's 2015, he's bumping it to 2020-2025, etc... In some ways I feel that even if it was literally on our doorstep (Russia/China attacking us), that he would still say it was many years down the road - because if people believed it was going to happen tomorrow, his businesses and income would stop immediately. I hope I'm not mis-judging him with this - and I hope he's right, that it will be many years down the road yet. I just hope he's not being disingenuous about the timing for personal gain.

But overall, I appreciate his analysis on world conditions/events, and I agree with him most of the time. He's Cleon's nephew, by the way.
Thanks for your answer. I've just started reading his stuff, so I had nothing from the past to go on. Your answer was perfect.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I have enjoyed listening to Joel Skousen for years. He seems to be quite intelligent and knowledgeable about political issues and world affairs.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I also enjoy listening to Joel. However, there is one really huge factor in all the political and world affairs that cannot be predicted or timed. That is the factor of Christ bringing about natural disasters, on a worldwide scale, that will precipitate financial ruin, riots, disease, and so forth, on a scale we can't begin to imagine. Consider how the world would look on Monday if we had several 9.0 earthquakes around the world, a solar flare knocking out electricity and satellite transmissions to half the earth, and hailstorms ruining crops across the world, all happening tomorrow. Someday these things will occur. Only God knows when.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Lizzy60 wrote:I also enjoy listening to Joel. However, there is one really huge factor in all the political and world affairs that cannot be predicted or timed. That is the factor of Christ bringing about natural disasters, on a worldwide scale, that will precipitate financial ruin, riots, disease, and so forth, on a scale we can't begin to imagine. Consider how the world would look on Monday if we had several 9.0 earthquakes around the world, a solar flare knocking out electricity and satellite transmissions to half the earth, and hailstorms ruining crops across the world, all happening tomorrow. Someday these things will occur. Only God knows when.
We wouldn't know how it looks! I guess we would just eating food storage. :)

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

Yes, Joel Skousen seems to be the one player that doesn't think 2015/2016 will be the time when things "happen". I have listened to him in the past and he doesn't think Russia and China are ready to strike.

IF the GAS prophecy is correct, and it has been thus far, Russia and China will attack next year around Thanksgiving/Christmas/NewYear TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A WEAK AMERICA.

In other words - IF we have a collapse this year, and there are many economic charts that show we could, (see links) China and Russia would be ready if America was preoccupied.

http://www.shtfplan.com/commodities/exp ... t_07292015

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/g ... s_07202015

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

I like the insight that Joel Skousen provides to this movement. He acts as a cooling agent, or like water to acid (when you pour acid on water), for what comes out of Infowars. Infowars is great but Skousen does help a lot when wanting to know what is going on.

I've heard people asking him about the pushing back of the dates and his response is that his dates are not a definitive, "Russia and China will attack then", but more of a "they cannot attack before then". He says that he uses their striking capability or strength, compared to the US, to measure their probability of actually carrying out an attack. I have heard him say, however, that if something were to happen to weaken the United States enough, that Russia and China would most likely take advantage of the situation. I've emailed him a couple of times and he says that he doesn't like to analyze prophecy that much, or in other words, use prophecy to give his analysis, not because he doesn't believe in it but because it is really hard to find an interpretation that is agreed upon by everybody. In other words, without direct revelation to interpret the specific revelation in the scriptures, it is a little hard to find the correct interpretation. He analyzes world events to come to a conclusion of how and why things are happening. In a sense, I understand his point.

He does believe, though, that the powers that be want to encourage an attack on the US yet he believes that only, or mostly, military targets will be hit. He believes that this will get people to favor the complete establishment of world government. I like most of his predictions but some, I feel, don't fit what I believe the prophecies say. I understand what he says about the economy. He believes that the economy will collapse, but he believes that the powers that be don't want to get the blame for it. He says that they will wait until they are attacked, or the US suffers another major catastrophe, to blame the collapse on that which more or less makes sense.