Mark of the beast in their foreheads = ??

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Mark of the beast in their foreheads = ??

Post by SmallFarm »

I think there are many types and shadows of The Mark of the Beast. And one grand fulfillment ;)

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Here is the mark:
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 2430 times

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Original_Intent wrote:
davedan wrote:
The word goes on to say that they will not be able to Buy, sell or trade without the Mark
You cannot really make serious money in this world without taking oaths and becoming a Gadianton.
It doesn't say "serious money" - it says "buy or sell".

On all sides I see that people make their interpretation and then wrest the scriptures to fit what they have come up with.

It's a common error, and many scriptures are abused by it.
I see the scripture saying that I cannot have a privet interpretation of a scripture to mean that a scripture cannot be taken out of context and wrested to mean something different than what it meant in the context that surrounds it and the context of the word as a whole.
Doctrine and Covenants 10:63
63 And this I do that I may establish my gospel, that there may not be so much contention; yea, Satan doth stir up the hearts of the people to contention concerning the points of my doctrine; and in these things they do err, for they do wrest the scriptures and do not understand them.
2 Peter 1:20
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
In my opinion the scripture that said the Laminates were baptized by fire and the HG, and they knew it not is number one on the wrested list. This scripture is abused to death, even in General conference.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Excellent thread. Everyones input has been great.

gdemetz80815
captain of 50

Post by gdemetz80815 »

After years of study of the Book of Revelation, I wrote a commentary which is yet to be published. The 13th chapter of Revelation is the most difficult of all the Book, or any other scripture for that matter, to understand. However, I was finally, with the help of God, able to understand it. I will not give all of the interpretation here, but only a part. It states that another beast came up out of the land with two horns like a lamb and spake like a dragon, and it exercised all of the power of the first beast before it. The first beast (kingdom) before it was Rome, and this beast represents the Catholic church which exercised the power of Rome after it. The two horns represent the Greek and Roman branches of this church, and it speaks as a dragon, or like Satan (deceitfully). There is an error in either the translation or the copying in the verse which speaks of the mark of the beast. It should read "with the right hand and forehead", and it is referring to the sign of the cross. The 666 refers to the head of this church, and on some of the miters (mitre) of the old bishops of Rome there is the inscription "DCLXVI", however, I have not been able as yet to find out the significance of that number.

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

mes5464 wrote:It helps to look at this with Ezekiel 9.

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/ezek/9?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezekiel sees the righteous being marked in the forehead and then all the unmarked are slain. God marks his people, and Satan (the beast) marks his. If you aren't marked by the one you are marked by the other.

Notice in verse 6 Christ commanded the angels of death to begin at the temple. And it says they began with the "ancient men" or the high priests or temple workers. In the last days, as Ezekiel saw in chapter 8, the temple will be desecrated with idol worship. Even the elect can be deceived if they do not listen to the Holy Ghost.
Isn't this chapter talking about the destruction of Jerusalem by Gog and Magog? The scriptures say that when they come in they will destroy a large chunk of the city and kill a large amount of the Israelites. They will go all the way to the temple and desecrate it. Isn't this what this chapter is talking about? Or is it talking about the house of Israel everywhere?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

abelchirino wrote:

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/ezek/9?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezekiel sees the righteous being marked in the forehead and then all the unmarked are slain. God marks his people, and Satan (the beast) marks his. If you aren't marked by the one you are marked by the other.

Notice in verse 6 Christ commanded the angels of death to begin at the temple. And it says they began with the "ancient men" or the high priests or temple workers. In the last days, as Ezekiel saw in chapter 8, the temple will be desecrated with idol worship. Even the elect can be deceived if they do not listen to the Holy Ghost.
Isn't this chapter talking about the destruction of Jerusalem by Gog and Magog? The scriptures say that when they come in they will destroy a large chunk of the city and kill a large amount of the Israelites. They will go all the way to the temple and desecrate it. Isn't this what this chapter is talking about? Or is it talking about the house of Israel everywhere?
The destruction of Jerusalem has happened over and over again. This chapter was fulfilled with each of those. Modern day Jerusalem is American. We are the New Jerusalem and this chapter will be fulfilled again with the USA.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark in their right hand

mmadr
captain of 10

Post by mmadr »

Mark of the beast is the shahadah. Worn on the head or arm, includes the names muhammed and allah. In Islamic states (or the Islamic State) if you are not muslim you are not allowed to have a business, to go to market and will even be killed.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

mmadr wrote:Mark of the beast is the shahadah. Worn on the head or arm, includes the names muhammed and allah. In Islamic states (or the Islamic State) if you are not muslim you are not allowed to have a business, to go to market and will even be killed.
The Shahadah is the statement that there is one God and Muhammad is his prophet. Speaking the Shahadah is how one converts to Islam. I have not seen the Shahadah tattooed on anybody's head or hand.
In Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Qatar, Iran, Pakistan, and other Muslim countries you will find that non-Muslims are allowed to go to the market, a restaurant, a hotel, tourist sites, and back to the airport without being executed.

mmadr
captain of 10

Post by mmadr »

It's not tattooed but it's worn on the headbands/wristbands. The mark is not necessarily a tattoo, just that it is in a specific location. And yes, many of the countries allow that, but under full sharia law it is a much different scenario.

The mark clearly says it will have his name or number. The statement containing muhammed or allah would fill that criteria.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

We are all in the process of being marked either by God (as his) or by the beast system (counterfeit gospel). Neutral ground is diminishing at an accelerated pace. Ponder on the meaning "to bind the law and seal up the testimony". It is mentioned frequently in the scriptures.

2 Nephi 18:16
16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Isaiah 8:16
16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Doctrine and Covenants 133:72
72 Wherefore, they sealed up the testimony and bound up the law, and ye were delivered over unto darkness.
Doctrine and Covenants 109:46
46 Therefore, O Lord, deliver thy people from the calamity of the wicked; enable thy servants to seal up the law, and bind up the testimony, that they may be prepared against the day of burning.
Doctrine and Covenants 88:84
84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come;

BenjaminHarrison
captain of 10

Post by BenjaminHarrison »

I used to think that it was the Catholic Church or a 10 digit number like your SS # which has 9 digits currently and could have another digit added for the world population and entrance into the NWO... I have heard the bar code tattoo and the popular one with the world of 666, but until I heard Jake Hiton's explanation, showing the earliest text of Revelations (350 AD) and comparing it to the Islamic phrase on the green head band/right arm band, also found on many Islamic counties flags like Saudi Arabia and the ISIS black flag; there isn't a better explanation in my opinion.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

davedan wrote:http://www.israelinbibleprophecy.com/id22.htm

According to this link the number of the beast isn't numbers but symbols. Usually when numbers are written out in scripture they are written in word form such as six hundred 3-score and six. However, according to the Codex Vaticanus, 3 figures are present which translators have interpreted to mean 666 or 616.

However, this article suggests the symbols are not numbers but just symbols.

Crossed Swords = Muslim Brotherhood
Bismallah = Islam
Hammer and Sickle = Communism

(note: Codex Vaticanus B when discovered did not contain Revelations, but the missing texts was added using a 15th century Greek text to fill in gaps)
davedan, I always enjoy your posts. I came across this on another thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH0SYG6OQXA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This fits perfectly the question, "Mark of the Beast in their foreheads = ??" Start at the 2:18 point, the section on the Mark is a little more than an hour. I found it fascinating.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

In the end, I think we need to worry more about how we mark ourselves. Have you ever met somebody who just seems to radiate light? I've met such people a few times in church.
I was in a courtroom once when a young man was brought in, and I swear that even though he was seated beneath a florescent light bank he looked like he was surrounded by a field of darkness. He was shackled and a bailiff was in a position to intercept him if he tried running to the audience area, but still from 30 feet away he scared me with his darkness.

I hope to be found to have marked myself with light.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

I think the ""buy or sell" comment was a very good point,It is going to be a chip which will be needed to buy and sell,that's one way to control a population,including tracking them, that is what I think.These chips are already being used in some parts of Europe,implanted in the small web between the fingers.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

the mark of the beast is NOT a microchip or tracking device. The mark of the beast is the opposite of the "Sealing in the forehead". The conspiracy themselves have been spreading the Mark = chip idea.

You have the Lord's endowment on the one hand, and the Satanic initiation rites on the other. Those that take the mark see it as a way to become sucessful, rich and powerful.

Revelations says if we take the mark we are going to hell. God is not going to send us to hell over a microchip or anyone with a cellphone or credit card, its already too late.

bornfree
captain of 100

Post by bornfree »

Revelation 13:17–18. “Six Hundred Threescore and Six”

John wrote that “the number of the beast … is Six hundred threescore and six” (Revelation 13:18). Over the centuries, the number of the beast, 666, has intrigued countless individuals and led to many speculative interpretations. The Lord has not revealed the meaning of this symbolic number. Some commentators have noted that since 6 is one less than 7 (a number representing divine perfection and completeness), 666 may emphasize the imperfect and counterfeit character of Satan and his followers.

lds.org

gdemetz80815
captain of 50

Post by gdemetz80815 »

The "mark of the beast" in their right hands and foreheads is a Biblical error: it should read WITH their right hands and foreheads. It refers to the sign of the cross (see Mormon Doctrine, Sign of the cross reference).

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

very interesting.... :-B

sushi_ still holds the understanding that mark of the beast is money/money system, the total opposite of all-things- in-common society for the saints(acts, 4th nephi, future zion). to fail to see clearly the distinction beween them might be ended up in the category of those deceived.

"mark of the beast is money"!!!! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Money is not evil..." viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40423&p=658676&hilit=money#p658676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"brighams weakness: love of money?!?!" viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40476#p658821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"God's monetary system (according to Jesus) is love." viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40525#p661063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
makes think everyone has love to some extent, and aggregated those peoples love can be exploited through money system....

lords exemplary action: (matthew 21: 12,3)"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,....ye have made it a den of thieves."

zions bank people might be the target to be cleansed hard....bhahaha, just saying....

mes5464 wrote:
abelchirino wrote:

The destruction of Jerusalem has happened over and over again. This chapter was fulfilled with each of those. Modern day Jerusalem is American. We are the New Jerusalem and this chapter will be fulfilled again with the USA.
Last edited by sushi_chef on November 20th, 2015, 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Post by isaacs2066 »

davedan wrote:The microchip - "mark of the beast" teaching was preached by John Todd (1978) who claimed to have been raised in a luciferian home and was a pop music executive, who then saw the light and concerted to become a born-again Christian. John Todd then made the rounds in America going from one protestant congregation to another claiming the "mark of the beast" = microchip or tattoo or barcode.

Satan loves to send us these insider false defectors who then spread misinformation. I doubt very much that the "mark of the beast" is a microchip or anything else like that. Although I'm sure Satan would love to tag and track everyone, I doubt getting tagged = going to hell.

1. we all already carry SIM cards in our phones and "chipped" credit cards.
2. While God is "sealing" his servants, John tells us Satan is "marking" his.
3. It is my opinion that God's "sealing" involves the covenants of the LDS temple.
5, Therefore. I can only conclude that Satan's mark has to do with oaths that his followers enter into.

This misinformation linking Satan's mark to microchips obscures the workings of Satan.

I don't think it has to do with the temple.

In the old testament Yahweh sent angels out of the temple in Jerusalem, one had some kind of writing utensil and was told to mark those that wept for Zion in their foreheads.

The second had a sword and was told to utterly destroy without any mercy those who the first angel passed by without marking.

It seems Yahweh's seal is to tell the angelic armies who not to slaughter, whereas Satan's mark is more of a social standard used to coerce people into obeying.

Take the USSR for example. Technically you did have the right to say what you wanted and do pretty much whatever you wanted as well as believe what you wanted.

There were not soldiers on every corner waiting to haul you away or gun you down. You could go stand on a park bench and say whatever you wanted and no one would do anything.

Then a few days later you would receive a notice in the mail saying that you don't need as much food as you were usually getting, or perhaps you do not need to live in such a nice warm apartment so you are going to live in an even dirtier hole in the wall.

Eventually if you did not shape up you would end up in a cardboard box under the freeway starving to death while a rabid dog attempts to break off and eat your now dead green toes...

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on November 13th, 2016, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdemetz80815
captain of 50

Post by gdemetz80815 »

Many people will say it is this, or it is that. The problem they have is trying to make all the pieces fit. In the 13th chapter of Revelation, the beast (kingdom) coming up out of the sea (multitudes, nations, peoples, and tongues) is the Roman Empire which the dragon (Satan) sets up. It receives a deadly wound, but is revived later. It makes war with the saints and overcomes the for 42 months (prophetic days - 1260 years - see Clark's commentary). This is the period of the great apostasy from 570 AD to 1830 AD (see the JST Revelation 12:5). Another beast (kingdom) comes up out of the land which EXERCISES ALL THE POWER OF THE BEAST BEFORE IT, and it has two horns (divisions of the kingdoms) like a lamb (It appears Christlike), but it speaks as a dragon (Satan - deceitfully). The two horns represent the Greek and Roman branches of this great apostate church which exercises power as the Roman Empire before it, and it's mark (as seen in the sky by the Emperor Constantine) is the cross, which is make as a sign WITH (not in - an error) the right hand and forehead (see Mormon Doctrine reference under "Sign of the Cross"). It's ruler (the pope) is an image (or likeness) of the emperors of the Roman Empire, and his number is 666 (an engraving on some of the mitres of the bishops of Rome read "DCLXVI" (666)!

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

gdemetz80815 wrote:Many people will say it is this, or it is that. The problem they have is trying to make all the pieces fit. In the 13th chapter of Revelation, the beast (kingdom) coming up out of the sea (multitudes, nations, peoples, and tongues) is the Roman Empire which the dragon (Satan) sets up. It receives a deadly wound, but is revived later. It makes war with the saints and overcomes the for 42 months (prophetic days - 1260 years - see Clark's commentary). This is the period of the great apostasy from 570 AD to 1830 AD (see the JST Revelation 12:5). Another beast (kingdom) comes up out of the land which EXERCISES ALL THE POWER OF THE BEAST BEFORE IT, and it has two horns (divisions of the kingdoms) like a lamb (It appears Christlike), but it speaks as a dragon (Satan - deceitfully). The two horns represent the Greek and Roman branches of this great apostate church which exercises power as the Roman Empire before it, and it's mark (as seen in the sky by the Emperor Constantine) is the cross, which is make as a sign WITH (not in - an error) the right hand and forehead (see Mormon Doctrine reference under "Sign of the Cross"). It's ruler (the pope) is an image (or likeness) of the emperors of the Roman Empire, and his number is 666 (an engraving on some of the mitres of the bishops of Rome read "DCLXVI" (666)!
What about:
"He maketh fire come down from heaven ..."
The mark is the name and the number of the beast (Rev. 13:17)
You can't buy or sell without it. If you make the sign of the cross you suffer the wrath of God? (Rev 14:9-11)
"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is ..." (Rev. 17:10) Rome was the sixth kingdom. The final beast is the eight and is of the seven. (see Rev. 17)
And who beheads people these days? Rome? How about Islamic fundamentalists?:
"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Rev 20:4)

gdemetz80815
captain of 50

Post by gdemetz80815 »

In answer to some of your questions, Rome beheaded many of it's Christian citizens, and, of course, if one was not a Roman citizen they would face crucifixion our some other worse fate. Also, during the inquisition period, there were many types of oppression including the ones you mentioned above. The bringing fire down from heaven is a reference to one of the many false miracles that were done in the "sight of the beast" meaning that wherever this apostate kingdom was in power there would also be false miracles, such as the "miracle of Fatima", etc., etc., etc. We should also remember to put what our prophets and apostles have said or implied before what we happen to see on You Tube, or whatever. The seventh beast or kingdom is the one I mentioned above, which exercised all the power of Rome, or the beast (kingdom) before it, and the eighth represents the ROMAN Catholic church after the split with the Greek branch. Also, radical Islam did not exercise power in place of the Roman empire.

I will also tell you of my experience in writing my commentary on the Book of Revelation when I was in the LSU library doing research. When I came to the 13th chapter of Revelation, even though I already knew what most of it meant, I became stumped when I got to the part of the beast coming up out of the land and the mark of the beast. I had already read Clark's Commentary, Interpreters Bible, New Catholic Encyclopedia, and many other sources, so I decided to pray. Then and there, I received the most wonderful revelation by the Spirit that I had ever received in my life, and I knew all at once exactly what these things meant, including the error concerning the "IN" instead or the "WITH" the right hand and forehead. I really felt very special, at least for six months or so when I came across the "Sign of the Cross" in Mormon Doctrine. When I saw the reference there, I immediately got the same burning feeling that I had in the library before which told me that it was correct just as the revelation which I had received, and then I realized that Bruce McConkie knew that before I did!