Anyone interested in alternative energy sources?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Roland deschain
captain of 10

Re: Anyone interested in alternative energy sources?

Post by Roland deschain »

http://www.johnsavesenergy.com. Check out this website from a friend of mine. He lives in northern utah.

http://www.johnsavesenergy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has both geo thermal and solar. Plus many great tips on how to save energy. All firsthand knowledge and experiments.
Last edited by Roland deschain on November 1st, 2014, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

angeloanthony wrote: http://www.fuellesspower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;,
Dr. Jones--any insight as to the veracity of these claims?

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

How about air-air batteries.
You charge them up by blowing on them!

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Yes

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

dlbww wrote:We are on-grid because there currently doesn't appear to be a viable alternative for our electric needs. Wind or hydro are not options for us, etc. Solar appears to be our best choice, however, we are in the pacific northwest which often isn't the sunniest of places through the winter.

This is what we have done so far; We heat exclusively with wood cut off the property (about 2- 3 cords per year) and we often use the wood stove for cooking on/in. I am currently working on installing a Tarm wood gasification boiler to provide domestic hot water and eliminate our electric HW tank. My goal is to reduce our loads to the point where solar could be an option when it becomes viable for us in the future.

We refused a smart meter because I react badly to wireless technology and in return our electric utility provider charges us $32.40/mo. to read our meter. In fact my calculation for meter reading charges, environmental fees, taxes, etc. will amount to about $6000 over the next 10 years; and that's before I pay a dime for electricity. This is my motivation to go off-grid. I think someday we will arrive at that place but I'm not holding my breath.
Couldn't wood gasification be used to produce electricity? It can run cars!

Do you use coppicing and/ or special trees for wood production, or do you just have lots of trees on property?

There are smart meter "additions" that are supposed to cancel the negative effects of the smart meters--might be worth getting to cut out that huge penalty. Wow, $32 to read a meter--where can I sign up for that job?

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I admire dlbww's real-world efforts. Not easy to get off-grid... yet the Amish around here (NW Missouri) do it just fine. Yes, they burn wood for heating generally if not exclusively.

I try to keep up with alt-energy developments while engaging in research myself. There are misleading claims out there, and I have explored some of these, but prefer to focus on what I consider the most viable approaches (LENR and geofusion right now, from my perspective).

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Have you already studied water? Fascinating find, and it seems obvious that govts. would hide any info on a 4th phase of water, but watching and styuding about this 4th phase, the spirit has opened up a realm of thought that is beautiful, and all points to Christ - adding to the potential technology of plain ole' powerful water... Watch the two videos on this thread, I'm still baffled at how many insights are given from the spirit as I watched these two vids and pondered and studied upon water... love, and spiritual technology if you will.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36566

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Some new cars are now equipped with an inverter, supplying 115V AC, with the engine running of course. This could be useful in short term power outages.
What kind of batteries could be used to provide power? Some industries use back-up generators to charge batteries for a source of energy in order to keep power flowing. This concept could be used at home but one would have to know what batteries to use. The car is the power source for the batteries, the batteries do the rest.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

OTEC / seasteading anyone familiar with either / both?

First hydrogen cars rolling out now for use in California and about a dozen commercial OTEC plants now in development!

Vast possibilities such fressh water production / irrigation of arid regions, aquaculture of nutrient deficient regions of the oceans, even hurricane/typhoon weakening by dispersing vast quantities of cold deep water on the surface by converting oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. SWAC saves 90% over conventional air conditioning!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

dlbww wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
dlbww wrote:We are on-grid because there currently doesn't appear to be a viable alternative for our electric needs. Wind or hydro are not options for us, etc. Solar appears to be our best choice, however, we are in the pacific northwest which often isn't the sunniest of places through the winter.

This is what we have done so far; We heat exclusively with wood cut off the property (about 2- 3 cords per year) and we often use the wood stove for cooking on/in. I am currently working on installing a Tarm wood gasification boiler to provide domestic hot water and eliminate our electric HW tank. My goal is to reduce our loads to the point where solar could be an option when it becomes viable for us in the future.

We refused a smart meter because I react badly to wireless technology and in return our electric utility provider charges us $32.40/mo. to read our meter. In fact my calculation for meter reading charges, environmental fees, taxes, etc. will amount to about $6000 over the next 10 years; and that's before I pay a dime for electricity. This is my motivation to go off-grid. I think someday we will arrive at that place but I'm not holding my breath.
Couldn't wood gasification be used to produce electricity? It can run cars!

Do you use coppicing and/ or special trees for wood production, or do you just have lots of trees on property?

There are smart meter "additions" that are supposed to cancel the negative effects of the smart meters--might be worth getting to cut out that huge penalty. Wow, $32 to read a meter--where can I sign up for that job?
To answer your questions:

Wood gasification is possible but it's probably cheaper and less onerous to just pay for the electricity.

We have 6 acres, 2 is fenced and cleared for food production, 4 acres is wooded.

The cost of reading the meter is currently before the courts. It is illegal for our electrical utility to discriminate between users, however some smart meters still have to be read manually (done at no cost) which is the legal issue. And the problem is not just cancelling the effect of the radiating meter but what about units also used as receivers/transmitters for multiple meters? You're not going to cancel those effects unless you build a giant Faraday cage around your house, etc.

New research shows that emf works on the plasma channels in our cells called voltage gated calcium channels. And briefly, it looks like there's a link between this process and type 2 diabetes, heart disease, autism, etc.

Currently I think the best solution for us is to reduce our power consumption to the point where we could power our home using photovoltaics.
Figured I'd post this anyway:

Wood Gasification for Electricity and Heat 
...A winter greenhouse needs heat, light and CO2 to produce abundantly in our cold and often snowy winters and a wood gasifier hooked up to an electric generator would provide all three!
Wood Gasification is the process of converting wood (any kind of scraps or trimmings) into flammable gasses by burning it at very high temperatures in an oxygen starved environment. 

While a rocket stove’s greatest gift is heat, a wood gasifier’s greatest gift is the production of woodgas (also know as syngas or producer gas) which can be fed into a combustion engine to produce electricity or run a vehicle! In a greenhouse this means electricity for light and heat. About 750 Watts of electricity can be generated with a mere 2 pounds of biomass. Pretty amazing!
Here is a brief outline of the energy conversion yields:
2 Pounds Biomass (wood) ==> 70 Cubic Feed Producer Gas ==> One HP Hour of Power ==> .75 kWh Electricity (750 watts)"

worthit
captain of 100

Post by worthit »

Solar powered Sterling engines. One to provide electricity during the day, one to provide power to pump water to a reservoir (can be done in conjunction with wind power)--the reservoir water to be used to hydro power electric needs at night. They are quiet and easily provide for the needs of a household.

Farmers used them before the government paid to have their farms wired by REA. The myth goes there was no electricity before REA. Sure, some did not, but it was had by many. Some early tractors operated on sterling engines.

farfromhome
captain of 100

Post by farfromhome »

BeNotDeceived wrote:OTEC / seasteading anyone familiar with either / both?

First hydrogen cars rolling out now for use in California and about a dozen commercial OTEC plants now in development!

Vast possibilities such fressh water production / irrigation of arid regions, aquaculture of nutrient deficient regions of the oceans, even hurricane/typhoon weakening by dispersing vast quantities of cold deep water on the surface by converting oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. SWAC saves 90% over conventional air conditioning!
Sounds interesting - but what is OTEC? seasteading? (is that building a floating city?)
What is SWAC? any URL's?
thx!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

http://www.duracellpower.com/documents/ ... e-1800.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.duracellpower.com/backup-pow ... -1800.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:Have you already studied water? Fascinating find, and it seems obvious that govts. would hide any info on a 4th phase of water, but watching and styuding about this 4th phase, the spirit has opened up a realm of thought that is beautiful, and all points to Christ - adding to the potential technology of plain ole' powerful water... Watch the two videos on this thread, I'm still baffled at how many insights are given from the spirit as I watched these two vids and pondered and studied upon water... love, and spiritual technology if you will.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36566
Yes, and I continue to study water and its use in alt-energy / power production.

Fascinating, basic stuff! As you suggest, a GIFT from God in so many ways!

(PS -- note to self: drink more water this week...)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkk11hlTTMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
? Seems too easy...

(I know, there are probably x10 videos saying it doesn't work, don't be a fool to believe... :) )