Coca-Cola from Heber J Grant

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Coca-Cola from Heber J Grant

Post by Jason »

shadow wrote:
armedtotheteeth wrote:Ouch! PriceY!!! is there any bottled H2O?
I'm not sure where you live, but I posted earlier that most if not all cities in cache valley (God's country :wink: ) avoid adding fluoride. Just find a city in your area that doesn't add fluoride, then bottle it. I understand Aqua Vista doesn't add chemicals to their spring water. Check them out.
Most of Utah doesn't add fluoride but does contain "natural" levels of fluoride in the water. Check your local water here - http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/MWF/Index.asp

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Great, that site claims my city "has a natural fluoride cencentration below the level considered optimal for the prevention of dental caries (cavities)." 8)

I'm not concerned about the "natural" 0.15 mg/L found in our city water.

Jan333
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Jan333 »

Fluorine is found naturally in water and varies from area to area; it is also found naturally in green tea. However, the Center for Disease Control controls fluoride added to water and you can find the level through your health department.

In Utah I tried finding the level in my town, contacted the Water department here, was referred to Salt Lake City, but eventually traced the way to the Center for Disease Control in Washington, DC by way of the Net. I have not yet contacted the health department locally--the only thing I know is that there are signs here that state that we have an "approved water supply", whatever that means specifically.

I buy different brands of water and am looking into a reverse osmosis filtration system available through Lowe's. If you want to know the level of natural fluorine of a particular bottled water, contact the company that is on the label and they will send you a contents list and amounts of anything in the water they bottle, or sometimes their webpage contains the information (they list natural fluoride instead of fluorine, most people don't know the difference).

Presently I have found Mt. Olympus brand to be reasonably priced bought by the gallon at Walmart( 97 cents a gallon), and I like the taste better than Arrowhead which is also a good brand, but more expensive; either so far have low levels of naturally occuring fluorine in them and don't add fluoride to their bottled water. Some bottled water is labled that it is water from a municipal source which means tap water--Walmart carries a brand that is so labeled. There are probably many good bottled waters on the market, but I hope to get the filtration system because the plastic bottles themselves contain harmful ingredients that leech into the water--but that is another sad topic.

I don't know if in the future all bottled water will be labeled that it has added fluoride, but there is some company that is selling bottled water for babies that says it has added fluoride.
I am only assuming anything added to a bottled water must be labeled as such under the rules of the FDA.

I apologize to many for straying from the topic of Coke, but thought it important for us all to realize what we might be putting into our bodies. If we care about our health, we must question what is on the market and not trust others to do it for us. Sometimes it seems we only concentrate on the level of caffeine in a drink and don't seem to realize that is not the only ingredient we might be ingesting.

I have health issues so I must be very careful--fluoride is a treatment for hyperthyroidism and I have hyPOthyroidsm, which means I have to avoid fluoride because it can lower my thyroid hormones even lower. I must research further on my local water supply, but I think it might have fluoride so I can't take any chances.

Truthandlove
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Truthandlove »

To the chap who was overwrought about Barq's root beer, they do have a caffeine-free version, you know, as do Coke and Mountain Dew. I doubt President Monson was drinking caffeine at a priesthood meeting. You can't bank anything on rumors.

I have seen caffeine-free Diet Coke in Temple cafeterias, but never Barq's. Nevertheless, we needn't panic over anything. Extremism never works. I go to the temple, I am a high priest, and I consume Diet Coke moderately for medical assistance. I discourage my children, however, from drinking it. It is not good for you. But do not panic, the church has not fallen away, especially not the temple.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Medical advisors are often wrong and not the examples they should be. There is no way Diet Coke could render medical assistance. It is worse for health than normal Coke which is detrimental. Why even think to take into ones body anything which will harm it, no one with any sense whatsoever would do so.
Truthandlove wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 11:42 am I consume Diet Coke moderately for medical assistance. I discourage my children, however, from drinking it. It is not good for you.