How to save the Constitution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

How to save the Constitution

Post by Durzan »

Most of us here realize that Constitution has been hanging by a thread for at least the past 50 years (possibly much longer). Due to years of power creep from a build up of court interpretations, passed laws, and constitutional amendments, the power of our federal and state governments has grown so large that it smothers the citizens who it is supposed to be protecting.

I am sure that most of us are also aware of the prophecy that the when the Constitution is hanging by a thread, that righteous priesthood holders would step in and save it. In an age where most US Citizens don't care about politics or the constitution, preferring to live with the illusion of freedom, it falls to us to do what needs to be done and save the Constitution. But how can we do that? Our federal, state, and local governments twist the constitution to the breaking point through shaky interpretations, (in some cases outright defy it), to the point where the very document that should ensure our liberties is being used as a weapon against us. How can we fight, under such circumstances?

The answer is simple; to save the Constitution, we must first be willing to destroy it and the system that has been built up by the Gadiantons over the past 200 someodd years. I know what you are saying, "Destroy the Constitution? That God-given document? What blasphemous paradox is this that you present?" Its no paradox, I assure you. The Constitution itself is NOT inspired by God; rather, the principles contained therein are... namely the principles of life, liberty, property, the pursuit of happiness, responsibility, limited government with different tiers, separation of powers, vertical/horizontal checks and balances, the right to vote, etc. So long as we maintain those principles, in whatever form, then we are protecting the Constitution.

So what do we need to do? The answer is found within the Constitution itself, in a Convention of the States. Like our founding fathers did before us with the Articles of Confederation, we need to call for a Convention of the States, go back to the drawing board, and draft a new constitution (but using the original as a starting point), and painstakingly work to make sure that the new constitution maintains the same underlying principles as the original. It should be simple and easy for the common man to understand, flexible and adaptable, yet strong. In one fell swoop, we could overturn all the evil that has been built up during the time that this Great Nation has floundered... and we can do it relatively peacefully.

Of course, this would not be an easy path. The risks would be high: There are those in the shadows who will seek to use this as an opportunity to prevent the American Phoenix from rising again. Vigilance and Constant fasting and prayer would needed to be called for across the nation; Delegates from each of the states territories of the US as well as a mediator would need to be carefully selected and appointed; An initial proposal for the new constitution would have to be drafted; And so on.

I have a few of my own ideas on how to go about this. So, are you with me?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How to save the Constitution

Post by mes5464 »

Simply put, no.
D&C 101 wrote:According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;
And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.
The Constitution is in fact inspired by God and should not be tampered with. We should not be seeking to replace the Constitution but enforcing it instead.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I appreciate that Durzan addressed this subject the way he did. Those murderous combinations that Moroni warned us not to let get above us have, in fact, gotten so far above us that I believe a Con-Con would be controlled by the latter-day gadiantons currently exercising so much control over the U.S. government (and state governments) and Americans would lose yet more freedoms.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

lundbaek wrote: May 10th, 2017, 2:58 pm I appreciate that Durzan addressed this subject the way he did. Those murderous combinations that Moroni warned us not to let get above us have, in fact, gotten so far above us that I believe a Con-Con would be controlled by the latter-day gadiantons currently exercising so much control over the U.S. government (and state governments) and Americans would lose yet more freedoms.
Why do you think I made the call for much fasting and prayer first?

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

This isn't even the first time I've seen an internet shill for the very evil con-con movement try to invoke God's will as reason to destroy the Constitution.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

mes5464 wrote: May 10th, 2017, 2:24 pm

The Constitution is in fact inspired by God and should not be tampered with. We should not be seeking to replace the Constitution but enforcing it instead.
I often hear this. But if it is such a perfect document that should not be tampered with, why so many amendments?
Surely an amendment qualifies as tampering.
Can someone explain this to me.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Of all the Church General Authorities, I believe President J. Reuben Clark was the most knowledgeable on the US Constitution. One of his many comments in General Conferences was "o, Brethren, I wish you to understand that when we begin to tamper with the Constitution we begin to tamper with the law of Zion which God Himself set up, and no one may trifle with the word of God with impunity." (Oct 1942 General Conference).

A provision was made in the Constitution for amendments. It can be and has been inappropriately amended either by disregarding the technical instructions of amendment in Article Five, or by amending it in such a way that the functionality is impaired - causing inconsistencies with other constitutional principles. By way of example, the 12th Amendment did not violate specific instructions of how to amend the Constitution. But it did circumvent the reason for establishing the Electoral College.

IMO the two worst amendments are the 16th and the 17th. The 16th Amendment gave Congress a taxing power that violated Article One, Sections 2, 8 & 9, which forbid direct taxes that are not assessed in proportion to the census. The 17th Amendment took the vote for U.S. senators away from the state legislatures and gave it to the people.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

The Constitution is simply a piece of paper with words on it. It is a tool to achieve good government.

I revere many of the ideas and principles that are expressed in that document. But unless the individuals in power implement and respect those ideals it is meaningless. Creating a new constitution won't change that. Having a constitutional convention won't change that.

The only option is to put people in power who know how to use that tool and respect its power. Good gun owners are those that are educated. They know the power and treat that tool with respect. The same is true of our constitution.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

We save the constitution when we can establish a connection between the US Constitution all the way back to the moment that Jesus Christ himself came unto the ancestors of the Anglo/Saxon/Jutes and set up his Law.

This is the main purpose of the Scriptures of the lost tribes of Israel. Cleon Skousen knew this.

God Bless,
Darren

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In the October 1987 LDS Church General Conference, President Benson, then the Prophet, told us that "We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers." Since then, my interest in and concern about the US Constitution and the gradual decrease in the freedoms it was intended to give us, my increasing studies and observations convince me that the US Constitution as it now stands and is now interpreted by government no longer reflects the intentions of those who originally established it. Certainly, certain amendments to the Constitution have improved some liberties and facilitated government in various ways. However, an "informal amendment process" has distorted the original Constitution by increasingly allowing actions and decisions by the executive and judicial branches of our FedGov once rightfully considered unconstitutional to be accepted as constitutional by those who create, support and/or favour them. I believe Presidents McKay and Benson were aware of this fact when they, in certain comments about the Constitution, added phrases such as "in the tradition of the Founding Fathers" and "as the Founders meant that it should be understood." So in my efforts to better understand the proper role of government in the Lord's eyes, I found myself drawn to a 1968 General Conference address given by Elder Ezra Taft Benson entitled "The Proper Role of Government". I discovered that this speech has been repeated many times by other parties attempting to explain the government Americans were originally intended to have. So now when I get into a discussion about the principles of government we should abide by, I usually refer to "The Proper Role of Government" with an explanation of how I traced it back thru Ezra Taft Benson to Claude Frederick Bastiat's treatise "The Law".

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

In Bruce Wydner's book, "Work Together by the Law" is a plan that is in the spirit that Joseph Smith, Jr. also proposed, of getting our people to have a uniquely positive way of living and working together. Joseph Smith, Jr. called it living by a United Order System by the Law of Consecration and Stewardship.

Cleon Skousen wrote in his book, and through the associated Township Movement that transpired, the United Order System wherein the Freemen Consecrated themselves to live by a commitment to follow the Lord.

The U.S. Constitution is a continuation of the principles first set up by Jesus Christ unto those very first Freemen who came unto his temple at FornSigtuna, Sweden at about 42 A.D., so much so that that System and Society continued to operate from the Danish Island of Fyn for eight centuries, before it evolved into the Hanseatic League and the Culture brought over by the Puritans to New England, to then be picked up by Joseph Smith, Jr. throughout the ongoing evolution of the U.S. Constitution, beyond that humble beginnings of the Government.

We will not save the constitution until we understand the work together principles mentioned by Cleon Skousen in his book, "The Majesty of God's Law."

When the Norwegians went about conquering the Byzantine Empire, they did so under the authority mentioned in the Icelandic Sagas, as the decedents entrusted with the constitution and authority given to them at Lake Law/FornSigtuna, Sweden by Jesus Christ himself. And we can do no better with out also connecting our constitutional way of living to that same event.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Darren wrote: May 17th, 2017, 8:22 am In Bruce Wydner's book, "Work Together by the Law" is a plan that is in the spirit that Joseph Smith, Jr. also proposed, of getting our people to have a uniquely positive way of living and working together. Joseph Smith, Jr. called it living by a United Order System by the Law of Consecration and Stewardship.

Cleon Skousen wrote in his book, and through the associated Township Movement that transpired, the United Order System wherein the Freemen Consecrated themselves to live by a commitment to follow the Lord.

The U.S. Constitution is a continuation of the principles first set up by Jesus Christ unto those very first Freemen who came unto his temple at FornSigtuna, Sweden at about 42 A.D., so much so that that System and Society continued to operate from the Danish Island of Fyn for eight centuries, before it evolved into the Hanseatic League and the Culture brought over by the Puritans to New England, to then be picked up by Joseph Smith, Jr. through the evolution of the U.S. Constitution.

We will not save the constitution until we understand the work together principles mentioned by Cleon Skousen in his book, "The Majesty of God's Law."

When the Norwegians went about conquering the Byzantine Empire, they did so under the authority mentioned in the Icelandic Sagas, as the decedents entrusted with the constitution and authority given to them at Lake Law/FornSigtuna, Sweden by Jesus Christ himself. And we can do no better with out also connecting our constitutional way of living to that same event.
Ummmm, okay...? :confused:
Last edited by Durzan on May 17th, 2017, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

That seems like a rather rude response for a "discussion forum." Although the edited version is no so much.
Last edited by Darren on May 17th, 2017, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Darren wrote: May 17th, 2017, 8:29 am That seems like a rather rude response for a "discussion forum."
That was more of an impulsive blunt response (blunt in implied context), than being intentionally rude (There is a subtle difference). You see, I have Asperger Syndrome -- which means I lack the inherent knowledge of social cues and ability to read and understand body language. If you add on a bit of impulsivity and the fact that I sometimes find social niceties a bit tiresome, and you can see why I reacted the way I did. Best to be plain and straight forward, even if you do come across as being a little rude.

I was trying to point out to you that you were coming off a tad bit crazy to me. I was following you up until your second paragraph, and then you lost me. What you then transpired to say seemed both confusing and insane, as I lacked the context of your statement.

To me, It seemed you were writing with the assumption that I had read the book you mentioned, when you should've ran under the assumption that I had not.
Last edited by Durzan on May 17th, 2017, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

In the thousands of posts I have put on this forum I have maintained the same "thesis," and ever since I first met the Web Master at Salt Lake Community College in 2006 and became aware of this Forum.

Anyone familiar with this Forum should have some idea to the details of the thesis that I have been presenting.

There is no other way to save the constitution than to connect the US Constitution back to the moment that Jesus Christ put that in motion, and the attendant details of the continuation of our constitution. The reaffirmation by Jesus Christ of the U.S. Constitution works OK for those of us who believe in the restoration of those principles, but the original conference of the Lord's constitution is bedrock to actually saving it, and those foundation principles. Then the wisdom of the world's wise men will perish.
Last edited by Darren on May 17th, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Darren wrote: May 17th, 2017, 8:44 am In the thousands of posts I have put on this forum I have maintained the same "thesis," Since I first met the Web Master at Salt Lake Community College in 2006 and became aware of this Forum.

Anyone familiar with this Forum should have some idea to the details of the thesis that I have been presenting.

There is no other way to save the constitution than to connect the US Constitution back to the moment that Jesus Christ put that in motion, and the attendant details of the continuation of our constitution. The reaffirmation by Jesus Christ of the U.S. Constitution works OK for those of us who believe in the restoration of those principles, but the original conference of the Lord's constitution is bedrock to actually saving it, and those foundation principles. Then the wisdom of the world's wise men will perish.
I can agree with that general statement. However, the specifics of your previous post still left me with a big "What the Heck?" sign floating above my face.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

I would suggest asking questions about details of where I have taken the discussion.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

The Township Movement of the 80s and early 90s was a poor attempt to use a "cultural precedence," in operation from before the writing of the U.S. Constitution to reassert a primary control mechanism over the Written U.S. Constitution, from the earlier un-written constitution, or as Blackstone said, is the precedence of which all law depends upon.

Just like the law books that are in use in every Law Office in the United States, and as is mentioned in every State Constitution but one, that the Uniform Commercial Code shall prevail in all matters not later adjudicated, so also is Cultural Precedence/Customs the primary control mechanism from the earlier constitution, from our cultural practices of the Anglo/Saxon/Jutes forefathers.

Saving the constitution may be just as easy as getting back to our heritage.
“Custom” is Law. Wherever you go in the world you will find people doing what they do for a number of reasons. The profound one, the one that you cannot buck and win there, is custom.

Silly “traditions” come and go. They are long popular “fads.” But “customs,” as that word is used in English, is most precisely applied, in English-speaking life, to those profound usages established among Nordics by the Person from whom they-got the word, God, at the time of His visit to them over 1900 years ago.

Among Nordics you cannot buck those “customs.” You may successfully buck fads among them. Those fads may include extremely popular current political usages. But, if you know the customs of these peoples, you have the “power position,” to function among them successfully and perpetually.

Bruce Wydner, "Work by the Law" p.49

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Durzan wrote: May 10th, 2017, 12:27 pm

The answer is simple; to save the Constitution, we must first be willing to destroy it and the system that has been built up by the Gadiantons over the past 200 someodd years....

... An initial proposal for the new constitution would have to be drafted; And so on.

I have a few of my own ideas on how to go about this. So, are you with me?
I also answer a resounding NO!

To point out a trend which was identified by others and picked up by me, I will repost my post from a different thread here:
kenssurplus wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 4:22 pm Special thanks to mes5464 in the news you can use thread for noticing this:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29754&sid=db3698d2 ... 10#p780568
mes5464 wrote: These things come out in clusters. There are news stories clusters every week. Pay attention. What news clusters do you notice?

Japan's 'peace constitution' under pressure at 70

Tokyo (AFP) - Japan's American-written "peace constitution" has survived unchanged for 70 years, but nationalists seeking an overhaul are gearing up for a major new push as concerns grow over North Korean belligerence.

Conservatives have long called for the document they see as a national humiliation to be amended, but current political alignments and growing security concerns suggest they now have their best chance of success.

"The time is ripe," Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Monday in a speech to supporters of change. "We will take a historic step towards the major goal of revising the constitution in this milestone year."

Nicolás Maduro Calls for New Venezuelan Constitution - WSJ

CARACAS—Venezuela President Nicolás Maduro on Monday signed an order to convene a special assembly to redraft the country’s constitution, the latest in a string of efforts to retain power in the face of mounting protests and civil unrest.
bold, underline and color emphasis - mine.

It seems quite the coincidence that all these "hit piece" articles against constitutions came out on the same day - May 1st.
It seems there is a coordinated effort to smear constitutions and call for their "ammendement, revision, overhaul, or redraft" of consitutions worldwide. WHY?!?! if not to play into the final "one world government" scheme. This is a blatantly BAD idea, playing exacly into the globalist playbook! Instead, I would call for the excersize of the last remaining thread on which the U.S. consitution hangs. If you don't know, then I suggest you look it up.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Fair enuf, "Saving the constitution may be just as easy as getting back to our heritage." But how do we get a majority of American voters back to our heritage ? Latter-day prophets and apostles tried for years to get members of the Church to learn, uphold and abide by the principles of the Constitution, and I believe they did most of this under the direction of the Lord. Therefore, I assume they went about it the best way, even if we might disagree with how they went about it.

As I think back on the many powerful admonitions to Church members to learn, uphold and abide by the principles of the Constitution by latter-day prophets, I cannot remember any follow-up of those admonitions by any of my local leaders, with one exception a few years ago when our stake president at that time had the high priest group leader and high councilman of each ward give a talk about the Constitution in each ward in our stake. And that was due to a suggestion by a single member of our stake who dared decline to sustain the stake presidency during a ward conference. When the stake presidency (all 3 of them) came around to the members house to ask why he declined to sustain them, the member told them that he considered them derelict for not ignoring the importance of the US Constitution in assigning subjects to be addressed in church meetings. I told about this on this forum right after it happened, but I think it bears repeating.

Also, I am aware of a few, maybe a half dozen stake presidents and bishops who have responded favourably to suggestion from individual members that they permit a sacrament meeting, fireside, or 5th Sunday presentation on the subject of the Constitution. But it took some member(s) to put forth the suggestions.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Exactly. Most people in the US know very little about their heritage, and frankly, not many care. Therefore, its easier said than done.

I still stand by my statement that we would also need a Convention of the States (after much fasting and prayer), and that when we do go there, then everything needs to be put on the table (IE we have to be WILLING to rewrite the Constitution in our own words, iron out any flaws that still exist, clean up the writing, etc... its long overdue), otherwise we WILL lose.

So ultimately we need 3 things to save the constitution:

1. A new draft of the constitution, established legally in a convention of the states. One that maintains the spirit and general structure of the original, but has been refined yet again through the Lord's hand. One that clarifies anything found vauge in the original document, and that closes the loopholes that politicians have used for years to expand the government and enforce tyranny. One that merges some of the more valid amendments into the Constitution itself. One that includes the Bill of Rights as one of the articles IN the constitution and not as a list of amendments tacked on at the end. One that forces congress to maintain a balanced budget, enforces congressional term limits, forces congress to use a national sales tax for all income, and forces them to save a portion of such income for an emergency fund, and one that enforces a Sunset Clause on all laws and regulations.

2.We need a righteous leader who can unite the people, just like Captain Moroni of old.

3. We need to somehow get back to our roots.

IF WE ARE TO SAVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THIS NATION, WE MUST BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE EVERYTHING TO DO SO, AND THAT INCLUDES THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF! God will accept our sacrifice if we do so in humility and faith. The only way I know how to do this short of shedding my own blood (Which I am not willing to do save as a last resort, and even then... I am fairly pacifistic in nature) is to push for a Convention of the States! Only there can everything we know and value can be put on the line for the greater good! Joseph Smith Jr, once said that a religion that did not require us to sacrifice( or be willing to sacrifice everything) wasn't a religion worth following; could we not say the same about our Constitution, a document that is, and should be a core part of our beliefs and heritage as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? If we cannot do this, then HOW DARE WE CALL OURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, HOW DARE WE CLAIM TO BE OF JOSEPH SMITH'S LEGACY?

I see many of you doubting: saying that we'd be playing right into the Gadianton's hands. But did not the Lord say that there would come a time when all their secret combinations would be brought out into the open, and that it would be shouted from the rooftops? What happened to our faith, o Children of Zion? What happened to the faith that built our Mormon heritage, that our ancestors wielded when our ancestors were forced from their homes multiple times? What happened to the faith, that drove our people across snow-covered plains with bloody feet, eventually seeking shelter in a barren wasteland in the middle of aired mountains and desert? The faith that caused God to watch over and protect his people through miracles both in more modern times and in times of old?

Why do so many of us seem to doubt God in this matter? If we fasted and prayed for many days and nights before calling for a Convention of the States, then He WILL guide us, just like He did our Founding Fathers over 200 years ago. We have a new generation of potential Founding Fathers standing among us. I KNOW this. Father has spoken to me, and He has spoken to many of you as well! The Article containing the Convention of the States was written into the Constitution for a reason! FOR THIS DAY! A day when that is what it would take to put this nation back on course; A day when all but the strongest and most attuned with God falter and waver, who's hearts are failing them. There is a reason why, and it is tied in with THIS generation; THIS is the reason why MY generation has been called the greatest generation, even the Sons of the Morning, by many modern day prophets; THIS is what the righteous people of my generation are supposed to do: Save the Constitution, Redeem and establish Zion, raise the Flag of Freedom and the Title of Liberty, Stand firm in the faith, be a beacon of light and hope to the world! And by doing so, will the Gadiantons be forced out of the shadows, and their secret abominations shall be yelled from rooftop to rooftop.

Have faith and gird up your loins, for I am raising that flag. My influence is but very small, at least at this time, though it may be that soon many of you will see that influence grow. Right now, I can only do a very small part, by trying to rally all those who would hear me.

Let us put all we have on the line with faith, for if it be God's will, He WILL guide and deliver us. This I Solemnly testify.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Saving the constitution needs to be a bottom up approach.

There is a way to save the constitution one person at a time. And yes the U.S. Constitution will be replaced by a better constitution, but not the underlying principles.

Stephen R. Covey and Napoleon Hill both promoted the Constitution of the Individual, Covey then also promoted the Constitution of the Family.

Every newly formed company prepares a Constitution to hand in to the Secretary of State of their respective state.

Every Municipal does exactly what a private for profit company does and makes a Constitution/Incorporation Document.

Every State has made a Constitution.

The only problem is that Napoleon Hill, Stephen R. Covey, Incorporators or Government Organizations do not know the historical background of why they do Constitutions.

I do.

So you see it is just as easy as doing what we have always been doing and doing it a little smarter like Thomas Jefferson did, as he studied in the original language of the Anglo-Saxons, and found out some of the why they did it.

And then the "purpose" incorporated within those Constitutions will be the same as it has been for the traditional constitutions of the lost tribes of Israel, especially from before the 8th Century.

A fallen constitution is one in which the true purpose is gone.

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
Who wants to be the next Stephen R. Covey? Selling the "Things" that Covey only wish that he had.
viewtopic.php?t=38137

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Durzan wrote: May 17th, 2017, 7:01 pm Exactly. Most people in the US know very little about their heritage, and frankly, not many care. Therefore, its easier said than done.

I still stand by my statement that we would also need a Convention of the States (after much fasting and prayer), and that when we do go there, then everything needs to be put on the table (IE we have to be WILLING to rewrite the Constitution in our own words, iron out any flaws that still exist, clean up the writing, etc... its long overdue), otherwise we WILL lose.

So ultimately we need 3 things to save the constitution:

1. A new draft of the constitution, established legally in a convention of the states. One that maintains the spirit and general structure of the original, but has been refined yet again through the Lord's hand. One that clarifies anything found vauge in the original document, and that closes the loopholes that politicians have used for years to expand the government and enforce tyranny. One that merges some of the more valid amendments into the Constitution itself. One that includes the Bill of Rights as one of the articles IN the constitution and not as a list of amendments tacked on at the end. One that forces congress to maintain a balanced budget, enforces congressional term limits, forces congress to use a national sales tax for all income, and forces them to save a portion of such income for an emergency fund, and one that enforces a Sunset Clause on all laws and regulations.

2.We need a righteous leader who can unite the people, just like Captain Moroni of old.

3. We need to somehow get back to our roots.

IF WE ARE TO SAVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THIS NATION, WE MUST BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE EVERYTHING TO DO SO, AND THAT INCLUDES THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF! God will accept our sacrifice if we do so in humility and faith. The only way I know how to do this short of shedding my own blood (Which I am not willing to do save as a last resort, and even then... I am fairly pacifistic in nature) is to push for a Convention of the States! Only there can everything we know and value can be put on the line for the greater good! Joseph Smith Jr, once said that a religion that did not require us to sacrifice( or be willing to sacrifice everything) wasn't a religion worth following; could we not say the same about our Constitution, a document that is, and should be a core part of our beliefs and heritage as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? If we cannot do this, then HOW DARE WE CALL OURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, HOW DARE WE CLAIM TO BE OF JOSEPH SMITH'S LEGACY?

I see many of you doubting: saying that we'd be playing right into the Gadianton's hands. But did not the Lord say that there would come a time when all their secret combinations would be brought out into the open, and that it would be shouted from the rooftops? What happened to our faith, o Children of Zion? What happened to the faith that built our Mormon heritage, that our ancestors wielded when our ancestors were forced from their homes multiple times? What happened to the faith, that drove our people across snow-covered plains with bloody feet, eventually seeking shelter in a barren wasteland in the middle of aired mountains and desert? The faith that caused God to watch over and protect his people through miracles both in more modern times and in times of old?

Why do so many of us seem to doubt God in this matter? If we fasted and prayed for many days and nights before calling for a Convention of the States, then He WILL guide us, just like He did our Founding Fathers over 200 years ago. We have a new generation of potential Founding Fathers standing among us. I KNOW this. Father has spoken to me, and He has spoken to many of you as well! The Article containing the Convention of the States was written into the Constitution for a reason! FOR THIS DAY! A day when that is what it would take to put this nation back on course; A day when all but the strongest and most attuned with God falter and waver, who's hearts are failing them. There is a reason why, and it is tied in with THIS generation; THIS is the reason why MY generation has been called the greatest generation, even the Sons of the Morning, by many modern day prophets; THIS is what the righteous people of my generation are supposed to do: Save the Constitution, Redeem and establish Zion, raise the Flag of Freedom and the Title of Liberty, Stand firm in the faith, be a beacon of light and hope to the world! And by doing so, will the Gadiantons be forced out of the shadows, and their secret abominations shall be yelled from rooftop to rooftop.

Have faith and gird up your loins, for I am raising that flag. My influence is but very small, at least at this time, though it may be that soon many of you will see that influence grow. Right now, I can only do a very small part, by trying to rally all those who would hear me.

Let us put all we have on the line with faith, for if it be God's will, He WILL guide and deliver us. This I Solemnly testify.
Yikes. I could see adding an amendment to fix the weird exploitation/illegal use of the 10th amendment. That's pretty much all we would need to do. As much as I think there is a better set of a laws that could be written, we should not throw away the constitution.

Darren wrote: May 18th, 2017, 7:32 am So you see it is just as easy as doing what we have always been doing and doing it a little smarter like Thomas Jefferson did, as he studied in the original language of the Anglo-Saxons, and found out some of the why they did it.
I was actually at Monticello recently and learned that he knew 6 languages, one of them being Anglo-Saxon. Very interesting.

If more than half of the people are wicked we are doomed. Then there will be a cleansing or something until more than half of the people are not wicked. So be righteous and prepare.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,
I often hear this. But if it is such a perfect document that should not be tampered with, why so many amendments?
Surely an amendment qualifies as tampering.
Can someone explain this to me.
Actually the amendment process is part of the Constitution. If you read it, it actually says little about what should be law. It is more focused on the structure and relationships between the various competing forces. It is a blueprint for structuring government, and for creating laws.

One of the main purposes of the Constitution is to limit the ability to create trivial fad laws, and in fact puts fences around what can be a law and what can't be a law.

So amendments were anticipated. However, they are hard to do, thus meaning that they can only occur when an overwhelming majority of the country is for it.

Regards,

George Clay

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Under the U.S. Constitution the originally intended purpose of the FedGov was to maintain law and order, ensure and facilitate free trade, guarantee sound money, and protect the country in times of war, especially to protect against invasion. One really needs to realize that the I.S. Constitution has been violated with impunity on numerous occasions by Congress and the President exercising powers/authority that were not intended by those who established the Constitution. Actions such as permitting the President to order the armed forces into battle, in some cases under the "direction of the United Nations, providing sums of money for relief/welfare, making work for the unemployed, lending money for homes, paying farmers for destroying crops and live stock, bailing out banks, railroads, large companies (considered "too big to fail", and greatly reducing the value/purchasing power of the U.S. Dollar are among the abusive interpretations of the Constitution.