WHY?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: WHY?

Post by Elizabeth »

What should our solution be then for the cockroach problem?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Elizabeth wrote: April 18th, 2017, 11:10 pm What should our solution be then for the cockroach problem?
Live a Terrestrial law or higher :D

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

alaris wrote: April 19th, 2017, 12:14 am
Elizabeth wrote: April 18th, 2017, 11:10 pm What should our solution be then for the cockroach problem?
That's good advice!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Please explain.
Matchmaker wrote: April 19th, 2017, 5:43 am
That's good advice!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Extermination.

Also some cleaning up around the house, mostly the kitchen. And locate the trash far from the house, out by the shed, or such. They only come looking for food, even just crumbs or spills. Once you get the place a lot cleaner, you don't have them.
dc

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Elizabeth wrote: April 19th, 2017, 10:18 am Please explain.
Matchmaker wrote: April 19th, 2017, 5:43 am
That's good advice!
I have a hard time seeing cockroaches in a Terrestrial Kingdom. Certainly not in the Celestial :) :ymparty:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Thank you David, The need for cleanliness is a given, but not the reason in many cases. The problem with extermination is this generally involves harmful chemicals and suffering for the cockroach.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think it is symbolic that there is always a higher truth to swallow up the current sphere of truth. The only way to move to a higher sphere is to be 'eaten' or die to the current sphere and then move up, just as animals eat each other on the food chain. Becoming born again can feel like being pulled out of the water, skinned and eaten. Hence, Jesus is a fisher of men. In the higher realms, the animals will not eat each other, and they will all be enjoyed. If you hate a certain animal, what characteristics does it have that scare or bother you? They are a clue to what you have not brought to the light in your own character. When your character is perfect, you won't project flaws on other creatures and you will have unconditional love for all creatures and the important role they play in creation.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

Elizabeth wrote: April 13th, 2017, 3:45 pm He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end
So God's creations are so diverse that man will be confused upon studying how they were created so man can never come to be like God?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I have never had a cockroach problem when I lived with a space between my neighbors and me, and had a well and septic tank - and lived in a desert (so this may not apply to wetter climates; I don't know). It seems that they proliferate more where people live closer together and share a sewer system/water sources.