I guess she shouldn't have been born into a terrorist family

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

I guess she shouldn't have been born into a terrorist family

Post by Silver »

http://gothamist.com/2017/01/31/yemen_r ... _fatal.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will all the warmongers please just go to a deserted island somewhere and kill each other? Leave those of us who prefer peace alone.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I guess she shouldn't have been born into a terrorist family

Post by ajax »

Of course the Trump fanboys are silent. But imho, the war and peace issue along with the federal reserve are THE most important issues on the table. There is ZERO liberty if we get these issues wrong. And Trump appears to be no better.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Right. How can we have peace when the country is controlled by private bankers who care nothing for the lives of us peons? Oh well, I guess I should go trade in some more of my Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes for some real assets.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver wrote:Right. How can we have peace when the country is controlled by private bankers who care nothing for the lives of us peons? Oh well, I guess I should go trade in some more of my Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes for some real assets.

D&C 117: 16 And again, verily I say unto you, let all my servants in the land of Kirtland remember the Lord their God, and mine house also, to keep and preserve it holy, and to overthrow the moneychangers in mine own due time, saith the Lord. Even so. Amen.

Do you believe this applies today, but replace bankers with money changers? (And Kirtland with wherever you live currently) I do. What a day that will be. :ymapplause:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

kittycat51 wrote:
Silver wrote:Right. How can we have peace when the country is controlled by private bankers who care nothing for the lives of us peons? Oh well, I guess I should go trade in some more of my Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes for some real assets.

D&C 117: 16 And again, verily I say unto you, let all my servants in the land of Kirtland remember the Lord their God, and mine house also, to keep and preserve it holy, and to overthrow the moneychangers in mine own due time, saith the Lord. Even so. Amen.

Do you believe this applies today, but replace bankers with money changers? (And Kirtland with wherever you live currently) I do. What a day that will be. :ymapplause:
Powerful verse of scripture. Thanks for sharing. There are certainly current applications. The Gadiantons can't do what they do to reduce liberty without control of the money supply.

Or, if you think about the needless deaths at the hands of the US military, consider how different the world would be if the US had to pay cash for all its troops and weapons instead of using pernicious deficit financing.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ajax wrote:Of course the Trump fanboys are silent. But imho, the war and peace issue along with the federal reserve are THE most important issues on the table. There is ZERO liberty if we get these issues wrong. And Trump appears to be no better.
Trump and the U.S. have no business in Yemen. The rationale for Saudi Arabia being there and the US aiding them is that the rebels are an Iranian proxy and that if they win out in Yemen, they amount to an Iranian beachhead on the south border of Saudi Arabia.

My own belief, informed by what seemed like a cogent and detailed article on the subject, is that this reasoning is false.

I'm sort of OK with smashing ISIS. But the paradoxes and contradictions surrounding this whole mess are considerable. The first thing Trump needs to do to stop ISIS is go after those in our government who have at least partially enabled it, and at the same time, go after the nation states funding it and keeping it going . . . . which ironically, include US, meaning the U.S. . . . according to testimony that has been revealed.

But generally, Trump needs to stay out of the internal affairs of any foreign country, Muslim or otherwise.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

The alleged plus side for Trump over Hillary was his supposed more peaceful / careful stance with regards to the rest of the world. "WW3 is on the doorstep!" was the cry against Hillary if she were to be elected.

Well, Trump is proving to be as bellicose and reckless as anyone, and the bombs keep dropping. He see's the world as a zero-sum game, and he has surrounded himself with Iran - China haters.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

:-o :( X(

These drone strikes are unconstitutional and immoral. It's sad that our mainstream propaganda machine media isn't appalled by these stories. These are the actions of a tyrannical empire. Sadly, that empire is us. Whether Bush, Obama, Trump, these killings need to STOP!!!! X(

One day these drone strikes will be targeting our children, in our borders, and no one will care because we will be labeled as "terrorists". :(

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:
ajax wrote:Of course the Trump fanboys are silent. But imho, the war and peace issue along with the federal reserve are THE most important issues on the table. There is ZERO liberty if we get these issues wrong. And Trump appears to be no better.
Trump and the U.S. have no business in Yemen. The rationale for Saudi Arabia being there and the US aiding them is that the rebels are an Iranian proxy and that if they win out in Yemen, they amount to an Iranian beachhead on the south border of Saudi Arabia.

My own belief, informed by what seemed like a cogent and detailed article on the subject, is that this reasoning is false.

I'm sort of OK with smashing ISIS. But the paradoxes and contradictions surrounding this whole mess are considerable. The first thing Trump needs to do to stop ISIS is go after those in our government who have at least partially enabled it, and at the same time, go after the nation states funding it and keeping it going . . . . which ironically, include US, meaning the U.S. . . . according to testimony that has been revealed.

But generally, Trump needs to stay out of the internal affairs of any foreign country, Muslim or otherwise.
Larsen, thanks for your reasonable response to this matter. When Trump named those 7 countries neither Qatar nor Saudi Arabia were on the list. The wicked princes in those two countries are funding the Sunni extremists and this is not unknown to the US. John McStain has chewed the fat with them in Syria. So much blood and horror..in the name of these United States...in our name...in my name. And there is no plan to stop the killing, but no reasonable person would expect that when Trump's inner circle is full of bankers and CFR.

I'm always intrigued by this prophecy of Samuel the Lamanite:
Helaman 13:
5 And he said unto them: Behold, I, Samuel, a Lamanite, do speak the words of the Lord which he doth put into my heart; and behold he hath put it into my heart to say unto this people that the sword of justice hangeth over this people; and four hundred years pass not away save the sword of justice falleth upon this people. (end quote)

Samuel is saying that in about 400 years the Nephites will be destroyed. America is a little more than 200 years old. Let's just say the 2nd Coming is still 200+ years away. I can't imagine that America will still be the pre-eminent country in the world for all that time. It will be no surprise if other countries treat us poorly once we fall from the top position. Payback.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Army Of Truth wrote::-o :( X(

These drone strikes are unconstitutional and immoral. It's sad that our mainstream propaganda machine media isn't appalled by these stories. These are the actions of a tyrannical empire. Sadly, that empire is us. Whether Bush, Obama, Trump, this killing needs to STOP!!!! X(

One day these drone strikes will be targeting our children, in our borders, and no one will care because we will be labeled as "terrorists". :(
Yep, Trump is just as much a traitor as the others you named.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

larsenb wrote:

How is your boy doing so far?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

rewcox wrote:
larsenb wrote:

How is your boy doing so far?
His understanding of how we (the U.S.) destablized the entire Near and Middle East was a definite plus with me. If he doesn't correct himself regarding incursions into these countries including Yemen, that will be very disappointing.

I like many things he has done already. This is not one of them. And I've always been clear about this, not being one too susceptible to black-and-white assessments of people and situations.