A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Discussion of principles relating to God's Law, Agency, Freedom, Liberty, the US constitution, and the Proper Role of Government.
User avatar
LdsMarco
captain of 50
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 pm

A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby LdsMarco » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 am

"The Book of Mormon informs us that the whole of America, both North and South, is a choice land above all other lands, in other words -- Zion. The Lord told the Jaredites that he would lead them to a land 'which is choice above all the lands of the earth.'...

"When the Lord began to lead the family of Lehi to this land, he said to them: 'And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands' It is generally understood that they landed in South America, and that their nations, the Nephites and Lamanites, dwelt in South and Central America during the greater part of their sojourn here. At any rate, the time of their civilization was principally spent in the south and not in the region now comprising the United States. This proves beyond the possibility of doubt that the choice land was South as well as North America, and while the City New Jerusalem, which the Book of Mormon tells us is to be built on this land that is choice above all other lands, will be in Jackson County, nevertheless, if one accepts the Book of Mormon, one must accept the whole hemisphere as the land of Zion." (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 3, p. 73)


Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7788
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby lundbaek » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:32 pm

For multiple reasons, including archaeological evidence, purported DNA evidence, physical appearance of natives in Eastern America vs. that of natives in Central and South America, and the fact that in 1871 temple ordinances were done for certain deceased North American Indian Chiefs, I consider it very possible that Lehi & Co. did not land in Central America, but in North America. I say I consider it a possibility, not a sure thing. A good topic but I don't care enough to get into it further. Maybe some of you have well- documented opinions.
Last edited by lundbaek on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kittycat51
captain of 100
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Kolob wannabe

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby kittycat51 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 pm

From another of my posts on this forum:

Ether 2:10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands;

You have to understand the phrase "this land". It means where you are currently standing, not over there or up the coast or 100 miles away from here. The B of M talks constantly about "This Land" being a choice land. Elder Perry in the December Ensign 2012 stated "The United States is the promised land foretold in the Book of Mormon..."

Here are some Prophecies and Promises regarding "choice land" or "This Land" that come from The Book of Mormon. It applies to both the Jaredites and Nephites because they both lived on the same "this land" geographically. You tell me if it seems like Central America or The United States.

1. Land of Promise
2. Land consecrated for an inheritance
3. Land choice above all other lands
4. Land cursed because of wickedness
5. Land Holy to those led to it by the Lord
6. Land of prosperity and security
7. Land of Liberty (huge clue, many countries in Central A are not lands of liberty and their citizens enjoy no such measures like we do in the U.S.)
8. Land of the New Jerusalem (another huge clue, Land of New Jeruselum is not in Central A.)
9. Land where all worship God or are destroyed
10. Land prepared for the Lord's people
11 Land fortified against all other nations
12 Land never to be brought into captivity
13 Land not to be governed by a king (or people that try and dictate their country sorry former leaders like Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua in Central A.)
14 Land where sacred record is to be kept (Hill Cumorah)
15 Land where none shall molest
16 Land only for those brought by the Lord
17 Land to be visited by Christ
18 Land kept from the knowledge of other nations. (until the Lord saw fit to bring other people; first it was the Jaredites, then Lehi and family, and around the same time as Lehi, the Mulekites, and then the Pilgrims.)

It ain't talking about central America. ;)

My 2 cents as usual. Many do not agree with this theory but we all agree in the B of M being a true book and THAT is what counts.

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2574
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 pm

The problem here is that neither the Jaredites nor the Lehites had ever been to Yorkshire. ;)

User avatar
gclayjr
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1854
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:08 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby gclayjr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 pm

LdsMarco,

"The Book of Mormon informs us that the whole of America, both North and South, is a choice land above all other lands, in other words -- Zion. The Lord told the Jaredites that he would lead them to a land 'which is choice above all the lands of the earth.'...


I agree. Neither the BOM, nor modern prophecy clarifies where in these continents, this story takes place. While I suppose that is an interesting discussion for those trying to find archaeological evidence, it really doesn't matter.

That being said, one thing that has always puzzled me (I worked in several Latin American Countries in the 1980s). Why is it that most Latin American countries, not only are hell holes, but have always been hell holes?

Regards,

George Clay

forwardtozion
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby forwardtozion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 pm

if the jaredities are truly of the seed of ham, and if that seed somehow mixed with those in central/south america, then maybe that explains the continued hell-hole conditions.. ???

gclayjr wrote:LdsMarco,

"The Book of Mormon informs us that the whole of America, both North and South, is a choice land above all other lands, in other words -- Zion. The Lord told the Jaredites that he would lead them to a land 'which is choice above all the lands of the earth.'...


I agree. Neither the BOM, nor modern prophecy clarifies where in these continents, this story takes place. While I suppose that is an interesting discussion for those trying to find archaeological evidence, it really doesn't matter.

That being said, one thing that has always puzzled me (I worked in several Latin American Countries in the 1980s). Why is it that most Latin American countries, not only are hell holes, but have always been hell holes?

Regards,

George Clay

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7788
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby lundbaek » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm

This may be a bit of a tangent, but if the United States os a Land only for those brought by the Lord (and I do believe that statement tn the Book of Mormon), then how do we account for the likes of people like George Soros, Henry Kissinger, Felix and Paul Warburg, and other immigrants into America who contributed to the communist and globalist causes ?

User avatar
gclayjr
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1854
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:08 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby gclayjr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 pm

forwardHorizon,

if the jaredities are truly of the seed of ham, and if that seed somehow mixed with those in central/south america, then maybe that explains the continued hell-hole conditions.. ???


A little Racist isn't it? I don't think that a land is cursed simply by being settled by descendants of Ham... must be something else...

The Jaredites came BEFORE the Nephites, so that this land would have already been cursed before the BOM story!

Besides, we were almost from day 1, settled by descendants of Ham. Our curse wasn't that we had descendants of Ham among, but because we ENSLAVED them, for that we had to pay with blood! And yet we were still the promised land!


Regards,

George Clay

forwardtozion
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby forwardtozion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm

the curse is not due to enslaving canaan. the curse is due to dishonoring your stewardship and blessing. but even with this curse, the world still moves at the will of japheth and shem(both brothers involved in the transatlantic slave trade)..

ishmael responsible for the capture(as well as the largest consumer in the east)
judah responsible for the financing
japheth responsible as the customer supplying the west..








gclayjr wrote:forwardHorizon,

if the jaredities are truly of the seed of ham, and if that seed somehow mixed with those in central/south america, then maybe that explains the continued hell-hole conditions.. ???


A little Racist isn't it? I don't think that a land is cursed simply by being settled by descendants of Ham... must be something else...

The Jaredites came BEFORE the Nephites, so that this land would have already been cursed before the BOM story!

Besides, we were almost from day 1, settled by descendants of Ham. Our curse wasn't that we had descendants of Ham among, but because we ENSLAVED them, for that we had to pay with blood! And yet we were still the promised land!


Regards,

George Clay

User avatar
gclayjr
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1854
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:08 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby gclayjr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 am

forwardtozion,

the curse is not due to enslaving canaan. the curse is due to dishonoring your stewardship and blessing. but even with this curse, the world still moves at the will of japheth and shem(both brothers involved in the transatlantic slave trade)..

ishmael responsible for the capture(as well as the largest consumer in the east)
judah responsible for the financing
japheth responsible as the customer supplying the west..


A bit incoherent and mystical, but I don't see how it explains one whit, your racist assertion:

if the jaredities are truly of the seed of ham, and if that seed somehow mixed with those in central/south america, then maybe that explains the continued hell-hole conditions.. ???


Especially since Ether 2: 7-10 states

And the Lord would not suffer that they should stop beyond the sea in the wilderness, but he would that they should come forth even unto the land of promise, which was choice above all other lands, which the Lord God had preserved for a righteous people.

8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.

9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.

10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.



Regards,

George Clay

forwardtozion
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby forwardtozion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

part of your argument is that the gentiles(a branch of japheth) are cursed as a result of enslaving the sub-saharan africans(caanan, son of ham who carries the 'servant of servants curse')
if the act of enslaving caanan is the cause of the modern day gentile curse, then you might as well include noah's other son in that modern day curse as well.
it is well documented that the jews(judah/shem) financed the european slave ships and slave excursions.
it is also well documented that the arabs(ishmael/shem) are the the first to enslave caanan. the arabs are also the primary slave brokers who sold the captive africans to the europeans. in fact, without the arabs, then there wouldnt have been a slave market in the first place. the europeans were not actively coralling or capturing africans. the europeans showed up to the west coast of africa, from there made their deals, loaded their 'cargo', then made their way westward.
the arabs remain guilty of this practice to this day..

i argue that the gentiles are not cursed because of the transatlantic slave trade.. the gentiles are cursed because they have been given stewardship of this modern world and have turned their back on the One who has granted that blessing.

User avatar
Sandinista
captain of 100
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby Sandinista » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Robin Hood wrote:The problem here is that neither the Jaredites nor the Lehites had ever been to Yorkshire. ;)

I have. Too much rain! :)

forwardtozion
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby forwardtozion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:19 pm

so remember cain's curse(which lives to this day by way of ham's marriage to egyptius)

"When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth."

with this curse in mind, every city or country where cain's seed currently governs, there is very little if any prosperity.
if there is prosperity, it is by the hand of adam's other sons. it is by these other nations that cain's seed must
feed themselves or learn modern ways.

so when you say that central/south america remains in an endless state of poverty, i figured it's due to the black jaredites mixing with the central/south 'americans' of that time.


gclayjr wrote:
A bit incoherent and mystical, but I don't see how it explains one whit, your racist assertion:

if the jaredities are truly of the seed of ham, and if that seed somehow mixed with those in central/south america, then maybe that explains the continued hell-hole conditions.. ???



George Clay

paulrobots
captain of 100
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby paulrobots » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:45 pm

I've never heard that the Jaredites were black or descended from Ham. Where should I look for reference?

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2574
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 am

Sandinista wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The problem here is that neither the Jaredites nor the Lehites had ever been to Yorkshire. ;)

I have. Too much rain! :)


Good point.
Keeps the grass green though.

forwardtozion
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: A Land which is Choice Above all other Lands

Postby forwardtozion » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJOY4OtCj7Y

paulrobots wrote:I've never heard that the Jaredites were black or descended from Ham. Where should I look for reference?


Return to “Principles of Liberty”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 28 guests