Are you okay with this?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Are you okay with this?

Post by freedomforall »

UK TO ENFORCE SHARIA LAW. THEY ARE GOING TO STORE THE WEB HISTORY OF EVERY PERSON IN THE COUNTRY.

And what is the real purpose behind it?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are you okay with this?

Post by Robin Hood »

We're not going to enforce Sharia law.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:We're not going to enforce Sharia law.
I hope not. The Brits gave up their guns, so what do they have to defend against Government overreach if and when it happens? And I understand that Islam is the second largest religion in the UK. No?

Brits Warn US- Don't Give Up Your Guns

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

freedomforall wrote:And I understand that Islam is the second largest religion in the UK. No?
That's true. Unless you count "No Religion."
Pew Research Center wrote:
Religions in the UK:
  • Christians: 64%
  • No religion: 28%
  • Muslims: 5%
  • Hindus: 1.4%
  • Jews: 0.5%
  • Buddhists: 0.4%
  • Folk religions: 0.1%

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:UK TO ENFORCE SHARIA LAW. THEY ARE GOING TO STORE THE WEB HISTORY OF EVERY PERSON IN THE COUNTRY.

Have to say the guy who narrates this video has one of the most awful whiny voices I have ever had the misfortune to hear.
The so called snoopers charter is just that. We're not happy about it. But it's very British in a way. You guys have had your Government snooping on you for years according to Snowden, without telling anyone and without the approval of the people via your elected representatives.
The UK gov't have simply been honest about it and gone to parliament to get permission to do this. The Conservatives have a majority so it passed the House of Commons. Now it will go to the House of Lords.

But they have told us what they plan to do. So if I don't want them to know my browsing habits all I have to do is not browse. I mean, they've given me fair warning old chap!

Clearly this isn't good news for anyone who plans to research bomb making, or ISIS recruitment etc. If it only goes that far then fine.
If they decide that LDS Freedon Forum is cause for concern then I'm in deep doodoo. :-s

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

captainfearnot wrote:
freedomforall wrote:And I understand that Islam is the second largest religion in the UK. No?
That's true. Unless you count "No Religion."
Pew Research Center wrote:
Religions in the UK:
  • Christians: 64%
  • No religion: 28%
  • Muslims: 5%
  • Hindus: 1.4%
  • Jews: 0.5%
  • Buddhists: 0.4%
  • Folk religions: 0.1%
Watch what this Muslim does right here in America. Now multiply this by thousands. And Obama bows to this kind of crap. Also note the uncaring cops and how they treat the ones assaulted.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:We're not going to enforce Sharia law.
Don't be so sure.

ladyliberty
captain of 10

Post by ladyliberty »

We have a Sharia Law Czar under the Obama administration. Look it up!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:UK TO ENFORCE SHARIA LAW. THEY ARE GOING TO STORE THE WEB HISTORY OF EVERY PERSON IN THE COUNTRY.

Have to say the guy who narrates this video has one of the most awful whiny voices I have ever had the misfortune to hear.
The so called snoopers charter is just that. We're not happy about it. But it's very British in a way. You guys have had your Government snooping on you for years according to Snowden, without telling anyone and without the approval of the people via your elected representatives.
The UK gov't have simply been honest about it and gone to parliament to get permission to do this. The Conservatives have a majority so it passed the House of Commons. Now it will go to the House of Lords.

But they have told us what they plan to do. So if I don't want them to know my browsing habits all I have to do is not browse. I mean, they've given me fair warning old chap!

Clearly this isn't good news for anyone who plans to research bomb making, or ISIS recruitment etc. If it only goes that far then fine.
If they decide that LDS Freedon Forum is cause for concern then I'm in deep doodoo. :-s
First you'll just give up browsing, then later you'll have to quit going to the John. The Brits must be like putty. The government says poop, and the people say where and how much?

As far as snooping, you are correct. Right here in Oregon were cameras discovered near Bend.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:

First you'll just give up browsing, then later you'll have to quit going to the John. The Brits must be like putty. The government says poop, and the people say where and how much?

As far as snooping, you are correct. Right here in Oregon were cameras discovered near Bend.

You obviously don't know any British folk.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:You obviously don't know any British folk.
What does this have to do with anything of significance?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:
Because we don't let anyone tell us what do.....eg. Brexit.
We make fun of the royals, laugh at the politicians who think they run the country, and have a inbuilt distrust, disdain and irreverance for authority generally.
It all dates back to the Peasants Revolt.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
We make fun of the royals, laugh at the politicians who think they run the country, and have a inbuilt distrust, disdain and irreverance for authority generally.
So what are the Brits going to do about the rising Muslim takeover slowly making progress all across the UK?

Check this out:

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
So what are the Brits going to do about the rising Muslim takeover slowly making progress all across the UK?

Check this out:
There is no Muslim takeover.
Don't believe the sensationalist media.
In my borough there are around 150,000 people and less than 100 are Muslim.
The problem is that they are concentrated in a few spots in a couple of cities so it looks like a take over when you're there, but in reality it is nothing of the sort.
Nationally, the Muslim population is not particularly significant.

The UK population is now around 68 million. Less than 2.8 million are Muslim.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:There is no Muslim takeover.
Don't believe the sensationalist media.
In my borough there are around 150,000 people and less than 100 are Muslim.
The problem is that they are concentrated in a few spots in a couple of cities so it looks like a take over when you're there, but in reality it is nothing of the sort.
Nationally, the Muslim population is not particularly significant.

The UK population is now around 68 million. Less than 2.8 million are Muslim.
Well, I stand corrected. I hope England can prosper and be under God's care. I do have lots of relatives from there.