Will my Bishop Tell My Parents

Discussion of principles relating to God's Law, Agency, Freedom, Liberty, the US constitution, and the Proper Role of Government.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Will my Bishop Tell My Parents

Postby Fiannan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:55 am

djinwa wrote:Yes, all sin is bad, but there are different degrees of sin. When we ignore the more serious sins, you have to wonder what is going on.

So very true. Varying degrees of punishment if you confess a sin to the bishop proves that. Some sins are minor, some huge.

Jesus talked about straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. He also hated the hypocrites who would stone the adulteress.

Some of the stone throwers had probably been with her.

So lets just keep shaming the young teenager cursed with hormones for masturbation or any thoughts of sex, while we ignore those who blow up families for lusting after material things.

Divorce is considered a major sin in the Bible.

Feminism rules the church. Male urges bad, female urges good.

That is part of the US culture that slips in.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
Plato

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

freedomforall
Gnolaum 14000

Postby freedomforall » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Fiannan wrote:
djinwa wrote:Yes, all sin is bad, but there are different degrees of sin. When we ignore the more serious sins, you have to wonder what is going on.

So very true. Varying degrees of punishment if you confess a sin to the bishop proves that. Some sins are minor, some huge.

Jesus talked about straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. He also hated the hypocrites who would stone the adulteress.

Some of the stone throwers had probably been with her.

So lets just keep shaming the young teenager cursed with hormones for masturbation or any thoughts of sex, while we ignore those who blow up families for lusting after material things.

Divorce is considered a major sin in the Bible.

Feminism rules the church. Male urges bad, female urges good.

That is part of the US culture that slips in.

Different degrees of sin? Really? Tell us, which out of all conceivable small sins will still allow a person to enter into God's presence? Name just one.
GUESS WHO

REALITY...IS NOTHING MORE THAN FANTASY IN ACTION.

To the very best of my recollection...I don't remember!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby Fiannan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:06 am

Different degrees of sin? Really? Tell us, which out of all conceivable small sins will still allow a person to enter into God's presence? Name just one.

Well, the shedding of innocent blood or denial of the Holy Ghost certainly rank higher than lying and telling your wife that the pants she likes at the store make her look way slimmer than they really do. ;)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
Plato

freedomforall
Gnolaum 14000

Postby freedomforall » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Fiannan wrote:

Well, the shedding of innocent blood or denial of the Holy Ghost certainly rank higher than lying and telling your wife that the pants she likes at the store make her look way slimmer than they really do. ;)

You didn't quote one sin that can be allowed in the eyes of God. You chose to write a tiny synopsis so as to cover up the fact that there is not one sin in existence that God will allow in his presence. There are sins of commission and omission, just pick one.
There are no small or tiny sins, only repentance in order to keep the slate clean.

Mosiah 4:29,30
29 And finally, I cannot tell you all the things whereby ye may commit sin; for there are divers ways and means, even so many that I cannot number them.

30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.
GUESS WHO

REALITY...IS NOTHING MORE THAN FANTASY IN ACTION.

To the very best of my recollection...I don't remember!

Return to “Principles of Liberty”